Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 31/1/2008 8:54:32 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

**POSSIBLE MILD SPOILERS**

Im actually enjoying it, but im also starting to wonder what the point of the FBI guy is?
He clearly now knows that Sarah was telling the truth about Robots from the future, he has witness statements from 19 witnesses, and he just seems to be turning up at random crime scenes for no particular reason.
And Im beginning to think that it was there 'trip' to 2007 that was the cause for SKYNET being built!
Sarah Connor is the 'Woman Most Directly Responsible'.
How long is this show planned to be? The standard 23/24 episodes?

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 31/1/2008 8:55:17 PM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 121
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 6/2/2008 9:54:13 AM   
paulyboy

**Spoilers**

Enjoyed Mondays episode, especially like the part where John was trying to remove the key from a dormant Terminator's neck, tension you could chew.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 122
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 6/2/2008 5:42:41 PM   
Captain Black

I think 9 episodes have been filmed, though due to the strike who knows what we'll get? I can't imagine that ep working as a season closer either, though they might squeeze a few more in if it's resolved fairly quickly.

More spoilers for 1.04...

Indeed, that scene was great. I think I wanted to like that episode more than I actually did however - some good elements, I particularly liked John taking charge a bit more, but it didn't quite work overall. I think they need to improve the dynamics of the fight scenes a bit; the weighting is all wrong for supposedly really heavy machines.

Incidentally, does it bug anyone else that they had Cromartie's head travel through time despite previously adhering to rules regarding only organic material will go? A small criticism of course.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 123
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 6/2/2008 8:21:37 PM   
Scruffybobby

Episode 4 did seem like it was marking time somewhat, It was still quite entertaining though. I wonder what it is that Cameron has kept for herself though, she did seem quite enamoured of it. I hope this will pick up a bit next week

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 124
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 12/2/2008 10:34:04 PM   
Scruffybobby

Spoilers

Well there was certainly a lot going on this week, lots of plot (poor Andy) some nice character moments (Cameron's counselling session) and some decent action. The truck getting knocked around from the inside was a nice touch.

A real shame abut Andy, he was a decent guy - any ideas about who did kill him? I reckon it might have been Cameron. The show is shaping up quite nicely. I'm not too sure about Derek though - maybe a step too far away from the established mythology.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 125
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 13/2/2008 3:53:54 PM   
Kenny

***********SPOILERS!!!!*********************

So has anybody seen episode 5? Im liking the new character addition (I think its Derek Reese but im not too sure of the name) and adds a new layer to the show, however, Im not too pleased about the casting, that knob from Beverly Hill 90210 is in it

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

Post #: 126
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 13/2/2008 4:02:37 PM   
Rgirvan44

Right - as someone who hated the unaired pilot does this show get better? How many episodes does it take to find its stride?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 127
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 13/2/2008 4:36:59 PM   
The Hooded Man

Just watched the pilot. Utter crap.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 128
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 13/2/2008 6:47:52 PM   
Kenny

It takes about 3 episodes to find its stride, I watched episode 5 yesterday and must say I am loving it

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 129
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 13/2/2008 7:29:00 PM   
Captain Black

Ep 5 spoilers.................

quote:

It was still quite entertaining though. I wonder what it is that Cameron has kept for herself though, she did seem quite enamoured of it.

That was a piece of the metal used in her construction.

Really enjoyed the fifth episode; possibly the best so far. Had a nice chase scene that, while clearly operating at TV levels in terms of budget, definitely had the character of the films. Liked the way that Cameron defeated the other Terminator as well, though it was interesting that we didn't actually see the chip being destroyed. Liked the ending when John went to get Charlie, and Gareth Dillahunt was very good as the new face of the Terminator. Best line of the episode went to Andy's partner when he said "She's not going to sleep with you".

Derek Reese? Don't mind the character being introduced, but what a lame name! No offence to any Dereks out there of course. Hopefully we'll get a bit more information about the future.

I do like the continuity between the episodes and the way they've got several plot threads going. It's fairly dense, without making it difficult to pick up for new viewers.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 130
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 15/2/2008 2:17:57 AM   
Swoz_MK

I'm seriously loving this series, and I only like the first Terminator film. OK, the series has it's faults (some shoddy writing, see Ep5's "I'll ride 9mm..." line) but I'm enjoying it so much.

Post #: 131
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 15/2/2008 9:05:52 AM   
Timon

I have to agree with Cappy and Swoz, I really enjoyed Ep 5. I don't think it strayed from established mythology and I liked the nice moments like Cameron killing the T-888 by removing its chip and the music played during the chess match (very Brad Fiedel from T2).

Only thing I'm not too sure about is the 'very young school principal who's clearly been playing away with his pupils' subplot. I can only assume Cameron will throw him through a wall at some point.

I too was unsure about the name 'Derek' but as soon as I saw the guy, I did think he looked like Kyle - of course the long jacket and the three day stubble helped but I just thought he looked like Michael Biehn. Plus he had that nice line, "I'm not going to be the bastard that brings metal down on The Connors'.

It's definetely a much better series than I thought it would be.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 132
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 16/2/2008 9:17:23 PM   
Captain Black

When Sarah meets Derek in the interview room he says something like "you're better looking than in your picture", I couldn't help but laugh and wonder if it was a reference to the fact that it's a different actress. Then it hit me: "Hang on, if they travelled forward through time and therefore didn't bring anything with them, er, where's the photo then?"

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 133
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 16/2/2008 9:57:45 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I have to agree with Cappy and Swoz, I really enjoyed Ep 5. I don't think it strayed from established mythology and I liked the nice moments like Cameron killing the T-888 by removing its chip and the music played during the chess match (very Brad Fiedel from T2).

Only thing I'm not too sure about is the 'very young school principal who's clearly been playing away with his pupils' subplot. I can only assume Cameron will throw him through a wall at some point.

I too was unsure about the name 'Derek' but as soon as I saw the guy, I did think he looked like Kyle - of course the long jacket and the three day stubble helped but I just thought he looked like Michael Biehn. Plus he had that nice line, "I'm not going to be the bastard that brings metal down on The Connors'.

It's definetely a much better series than I thought it would be.

Was he the Principal? I just assumed he was the school councilor or something, unless they actually mentioned that he was infact the principal, I should pay more attention. A few little moments I enjoyed this ep, first off the "I got shotgun, I got 9mm" moment and second was Johns friend hitting on Cameron. I think I always remember the little moments more than the big stuff.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 16/2/2008 9:58:29 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 134
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 18/2/2008 9:28:16 PM   
Zaphod121

Apparently Episode 9 is going to be the season finale. Also don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if living tissue can only can travel through time, how the hell did that Terminator head get trough in ep 1 or 2?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 135
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 19/2/2008 10:29:52 PM   
Captain Black

I mentioned it, along with the issues with the photo.

Episode 6 is an absolute corker for my money. For years people have been banging on about showing more of the future war and this did a pretty admirable job of that. I thought the amount they revealed was spot on whilst clearly operating at TV budget levels. I think it would have been the obvious route to have Derek be very similar to Kyle, but he's looking a bit unhinged at the moment.

The attention to detail is actually pretty impressive (beyond some of the time travel pitfalls anyway). I thought it was odd that we didn't see Cameron destroy the chip and now it clearly an on-going plot point.

I do think they could do to move the show on in terms of trying to stop Skynet by having the Connors being a bit more proactive. There's not a whole lot of that at the moment.

Naming homage #327: Andy in the future was called Bill Wisher.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 19/2/2008 10:30:34 PM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 136
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 12:16:44 AM   
Cruisecontroller

What I never got with Terminator 2 and 3 was why send an out of date terminator back in time to fight one that would probably be more advanced? Maybe he wasn`t so outdated when he was sent back but couldn`t they travel into the future to see the future models and reprogram one and send it back and if Johns dad could go back in time in the first film? I don`t know but he still saved John and his loved ones so I suppose thats the main thing. New series looks cool.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 137
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 12:45:15 AM   
indysgill

I thought it was because they only managed to hack the older models in time to send them back. I mean how the hell do you hack a liquid metal T-1000?!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 138
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 11:02:46 AM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Episode 6 is an absolute corker for my money.

Agreed, easily the best episode yet. I love the way they're linking this back into the original films at the moment.

Assuming it continues at this level I'll be gutted if it isn't picked up for more episodes.

Does anyone actually know how well it's doing in the States?

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

Post #: 139
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 12:58:45 PM   
Captain Black

Is Skynet infecting this forum at present or what? Attempt number two....

Not great to be honest, Paulyboy. It's getting between 8 and 9 million, which is fairly promising for a new show, however it's (I'm guessing largely due to FX)supposedly really expensive. It does however get more viewers than Prison Break (not sure about the ever so important demographics, I think Prison Break does really well in that regard) and there's speculation that PB could be cancelled too, so it might be an either/or situation and they've got Science Fiction shows from both Abrams and Whedon lined up next year.

It's definitely demonstrated enough to me that it deserves another set of 13 episodes for next year, though I was thinking back to 24 (which had similar US viewing figures in its first year) however 24 received some awards success, had a pretty big following in the UK (as it was on BBC2) and was I guess one of the first series to make real sense on DVD, which no doubt helped. All advantages that SCC might not have.

The T-1000 was described by Arnie as an 'advanced prototype' incidentally. So there was probably only one made when he was sent back.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 140
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 2:40:14 PM   
Swoz_MK

Aaaargh, my D/L is taking forever...

Post #: 141
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 3:56:17 PM   
bobatim

Question, can we have a thread for the Virgin 1 speed of this series as you guys seem pretty far into it and i'm sure they'll be a few of us who will be seeing it for the first time, tomorrow when it premiers on Virgin 1?

< Message edited by bobatim -- 20/2/2008 3:57:18 PM >

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 142
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 5:39:01 PM   
Captain Black

Go for it. I'll rename this one.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 143
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 5:55:56 PM   
bobatim

Thanks Captain Black.
The Virgin 1 speed thread is up now.

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

Post #: 144
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 7:14:17 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Uisng Limewire?

I tried to get it last night at it was sticking at 60 odd percent for ages, tried it again today at it was at 40% before I got a message saying the file was corrupt, There's another  one theer but it's reported as one of those dodgy ones where you have to get their player plus all their trojans

Might wait a couple of days then try again

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 145
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 10:38:51 PM   
Spartacus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Uisng Limewire?

I tried to get it last night at it was sticking at 60 odd percent for ages, tried it again today at it was at 40% before I got a message saying the file was corrupt, There's another  one theer but it's reported as one of those dodgy ones where you have to get their player plus all their trojans

Might wait a couple of days then try again

Newsgroups takes about 45mins on my 4mb connection to get a 1.2gb file

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

Post #: 146
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 20/2/2008 11:35:44 PM   
darth silas

The pilot episode of this show was decent enough but it went all downhill after that IMO.Summer glau acts EXACTLY like she did on Firefly(she just acts weird).

The voiceover by Sarah every week seems to be about whatever story she read to john as a small boy.The whole idea seems to be ''Whats the moral of the story this week kids?''

The fights between Terminators seem to consist of rude shoving.

That FBI guy is just POINTLESS!.I assume hes supposed to be the Lt.gerard type of this show,but as someone else has said,he just randomly turns up at crime scenes and wonders whats going on.

I watched 5 episodes and have now given up because it is boring me silly.Love the Terminator move trilogy but please cancel this show now as it just pisses all over the franchise.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 147
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 21/2/2008 12:25:52 AM   
Zaphod121

There was always going to be quite alot of hatred for this show. Anyways thought Ep 6 was definitely the best yet, loved the connection to T-1 with the destruction of the rebel hideout, or whatever the hell you want to call it, it was also cool seeing Bubbles from The Wire show up.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 21/2/2008 12:26:21 AM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 148
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 21/2/2008 9:45:56 AM   
Timon

I think the show's great. It's taking the concepts laid down by Terminator 1 and 2 and running with it. I'm so glad it's ignoring T3 and it's the better for it.

The latest episode 'Dungeons and Dragons' shows the writers clearly have an understanding of the franchise and want to address plot holes that this series causes.

T2 always had a hard time justifying itself as the Skynet complex was destroyed. Only Reese went back, so how could another Terminator come back in T2 and how can The Resistance keep sending back people? The answer: The Resistance took a time displacement machine before destroying the complex - it's so simple, why didn't anyone think about it before? Granted it looks complex but what the hey....

I loved the little touches in this episode. Derek and the rest of Tech Com in the bunker, finding Kyle's burnt photo from T1, the old school Terminators with rubber skin that are 'easy to spot' - great stuff. The future world looked great with some good attention to detail - i liked the return of the HKs, the protection and mystique of Connor, the division of re-programing Terminators etc etc

All good.

My only gripe is I don't think we should have seen Kyle - we all know and love Michael Biehn and it wasn't overly important to see him. I also don't think we should ever see Future Connor especially as Christian Bale has just been cast as him in the new film. I'm curious about where that will fit into the proceedings. I can only assume it will tell of Reese and co growing up in the ruins and being sent to the camps.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 149
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - 21/2/2008 9:52:34 AM   
Mojo

I agree, they should have left Kyle out of it. The Biehn is lodged in our mines as Kyle Reese and I think showing him in this may have been a mistake. Obviously its a totally different beast to the films, but I just feel that he really didn't need to be there. I'm not a hundred percent sure on the casting of Derek Reese either, at first I thought "he looks nothing like The Biehn" but now I guess they've got a new Kyle then that doesn't matter anyway. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not sure I like the casting. I'm sure he'll grow on me. Maybe I don't even think they should have had Derek in there anyway, but I guess it ties in with the films nicely.

I've had a hard time keeping up with this show as I never seem to have the excitement of watching it as I do other shows, but the latest episode was pretty good. Was great seeing a glimpse of the war, and although you can tell its made on a TV budget I think they could have done a hell of a lot worse.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI