Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 11/4/2009 9:45:11 PM   
Captain Black

Awesome. Just all kinds of awesome. It certainly went out at the top of its game.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 421
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 11/4/2009 11:44:38 PM   
Reidy

A very good, if slightly odd ending. Didn't see them skipping forward into the future, and without Sarah. The idea of still have John with Derek and 'Alison' is an interesting one.... but a big part of me thinks that will be that.

But on the other hand, its still fairly open ended with the whole John Henry thing, plus the slow pace of the middle episodes of this series make me think that surely they wouldn't be going so slowly if they were finishing it off.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 422
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 12:10:16 AM   
Timon

An interesting ending and while it had an emotional punch, it did throw up certain questions - not to mention the BIG one: if Reese is now head of the Resistance, it's doubtful he goes back in time to protect Sarah as there is no 'John Connor'....so surely our John would cease to exist?

Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 423
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 12:53:06 AM   
Rgirvan44

John Connor doesn't exist in this timeline because he travelled past Judgement Day and there was unable to lead the resistance.

Kyle being the leader of the resistance makes some sense, but I don't think there is enough from the scene to put that in stone. The problem is that whoever leads the fight has to have some knowledge of Skynet before Judgement Day. That gives us a few possibilites.

If Kyle is the leader then it makes little sense why anyone would have had to go back in time in the first place as John Connor is not really all that relevent. But if it is someone who has known of the threat and stepped up to the plate, then it is understandable how they could replace JC as resistance leader.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 424
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 11:56:10 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

An interesting ending and while it had an emotional punch, it did throw up certain questions - not to mention the BIG one: if Reese is now head of the Resistance, it's doubtful he goes back in time to protect Sarah as there is no 'John Connor'....so surely our John would cease to exist?

Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 425
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 12:01:28 PM   
Timon

Still, John Connor can't exist if Kyle doesn't go back in time, and if JC isn't the Leader of the Resistance...then Kyle never went back in time and he'd cease to exist.

But what happens to Weaver...?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 426
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 12:10:59 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

Still, John Connor can't exist if Kyle doesn't go back in time, and if JC isn't the Leader of the Resistance...then Kyle never went back in time and he'd cease to exist.

Temporal paradox...JC can still be Leader of Resistance but at later date and send Kyle back in time.

Dunno about Weaver though...John Henry is about in the future too.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 427
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 12/4/2009 12:37:00 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

But what happens to Weaver...?

Thats looking at it from one theory of how time travel works. Another theory is that once you arrive in any given time you become part of those events and therefore you exist in that time even if the events leading you to time travel are erased.
That's why Kyle said he grew up after Judgement Day, even though we've seen that the actions of T2 delayed it. Its also why Derek and Jesse were from two different futures.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 428
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 14/4/2009 9:51:30 PM   
Vadersville

No fate but what we make?

Post #: 429
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 14/4/2009 9:54:13 PM   
Mr Terrific

I've started watching a series called Jericho..that one got canceled too...but interesting...I guess you could attach the pilot to The Sarah Connor Chronicles if you so wished to..lol.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

Post #: 430
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 16/4/2009 6:32:27 PM   
Mycroft

http://io9.com/5213470/dollhouse-and-terminator-really-not-canceled-yet-say-insiders

quote:

So if there is a season three and your pilot gets picked up as well, how does that work for you as an actor? Which show are you obligated to first?

Well, the pilot I did in second position, which I was really fortunate to have happen. That's kind of a rare case where another network will pick up an actor for a show in second position, meaning that if "Terminator” gets picked up they just have to recast.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20811

Still hope?

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 431
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 16/4/2009 6:36:40 PM   
Rgirvan44

I think the best that can be hoped for is a half season. Tie up the plotlines.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 432
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 16/4/2009 9:13:56 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

http://io9.com/5213470/dollhouse-and-terminator-really-not-canceled-yet-say-insiders

quote:

So if there is a season three and your pilot gets picked up as well, how does that work for you as an actor? Which show are you obligated to first?

Well, the pilot I did in second position, which I was really fortunate to have happen. That's kind of a rare case where another network will pick up an actor for a show in second position, meaning that if "Terminator” gets picked up they just have to recast.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20811

Still hope?

Hey! You misquoted that! He said they would have to recast the character he played in the pilot, not Derek!

So if there is a season three and your pilot gets picked up as well, how does that work for you as an actor? Which show are you obligated to first?Well, the pilot I did in second position, which I was really fortunate to have happen. That’s kind of a rare case where another network will pick up an actor for a show in second position, meaning that if “Terminator” gets picked up they just have to recast. They have to go out and cast again and find someone new to play the character that I played in the pilot. They’ll have to re-shoot all my stuff and kind of start over. But “Terminator” is in top position for me. I love the show and the last thing I would want to do is leave. We all love it. As a cast, we all still talk and we’re all really hopeful that the show comes back because we really love making it. We love it. I talked to Summer [Glau] the other night. We were saying what a great episode the finale was and that we just need to keep our fingers crossed. So everybody’s hopeful.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 433
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 1:13:15 AM   
Felix

How come John Henry could time travel but Cameron couldnt?

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 434
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:27:14 PM   
Captain Black

I reckon: she had exposed metal (oo-er), and what we've learned from the series (and I mean that in a whole Terminator canon not just the TV series) is that anything living, i.e. wrapped in human tissue, can survive, everything else gets vaporised. So because of the exposed metal she gets destroyed where John Henry and Weaver don't.

You could also point to the fact that she's effectively dead by that point anyway, but the above seems the most direct solution.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 435
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:29:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

Never really bought how the T-1000s travel through time. Surely turning liquid metal skin colour still makes it liquid metal?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 436
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:31:02 PM   
Kazuya

So is the show really cancelled? Can't say I'm all that sad if it is, I've enjoyed the show, but the last 5 episodes or so have been exceptionally dull.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 437
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:31:51 PM   
Timon

So the Cameron in the future... was Allison? The human 'Cameron'?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 438
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:33:47 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

So is the show really cancelled? Can't say I'm all that sad if it is, I've enjoyed the show, but the last 5 episodes or so have been exceptionally dull.

The final 5 episodes of season 2 were dull?

Trust me-  the show brings its A-game for the final third of the season.

And no - no decision has yet been made. Dollhouse is finishing up its season and I guess that once that happens a decsion will be made. An announcement from Fox is expected to be made in May.

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 439
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:34:27 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

So the Cameron in the future... was Allison? The human 'Cameron'?

Yep - thats why she had the dog next to her.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 440
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:35:56 PM   
Captain Black

Rgirvan: Since it's all bollocks anyway, how 'bout  they can 'simulate' living tissue? 

Kazya: Officially not yet, but odds are miniscule. Definitely like to hear from Friedman about what he'd do next. Someone linked to an interview with Green over on the UK thread that was interesting.

Ti: Yes, hence the presence of the dog.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 441
RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed - 21/4/2009 12:52:54 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

The final 5 episodes of season 2 were dull?

I should've said the last 5 episodes I've bothered to see, which is up to episode 19 of season 2.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 442
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI