Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tintin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tintin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 11:29:04 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

Is it me or has there been virtually no promotion of this film in the last few months? At least not for a release as big as this is supposed to be.

Cinemas local to me have no posters, standees and I haven't seen a single trailer playing before any of the many films I've seen recently.

I think that perhaps they feel the film will do well enough in Europe with minimal promotion. But thereís minimal and there is border line zero! There was a short Germen spot that popped up a couple of weeks ago that had some stunning footage in it! And the released shots on /film recently looked superb. So, why they have not released a final, full on trailer here is a bit of a mystery ? Itís out this month and is not even on the coming soon page for the BFI IMAX! I would have thought it would be the biggest IMAX release coming up.

Not sure they need to do a crazy push as they certainly didnít for Avatar and look what happened there. But it is all very quiet on the Tintin front indeed. Iím still very excited for it though. Wanting a good old fashioned adventure yarn and this looks like that with bells on it!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 121
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 7:27:51 PM   
Spaldron

Undecided whether I should see this in 2D or 3D.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 122
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 7:30:50 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm really not interested in this film. I mean, Spielberg shall always remain my all-time favourite Director but I'm not too keen on this. Now, ROBOPOCALYPSE and possibly Michael Crichton's PIRATE LATITUDES could possibly be a couple of good 'uns.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 3/10/2011 7:32:04 PM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 123
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 7:43:20 PM   
target

A saw an advert on tv for this tonight. Lots of shots Ive never seen before. it looked pretty impressive.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 124
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 9:54:18 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

If there's a 2D option then I'm going with that
From what Iv seen the film looks gorgeous, and to have 3D images jutting out at me constantly might actually spoil that

The website has been updated with quite a lot of nice stuff
http://www.tintin-movie.net

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 3/10/2011 10:08:49 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 125
RE: Tintin - 4/10/2011 12:19:49 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Same.

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 126
RE: Tintin - 5/10/2011 9:47:07 AM   
Drew_231

New UK trailer

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/UK-Trailer-Adventures-Tintin-Takes-You-An-Adventure-27149.html

and you cant skip the ad in front unfortunatly

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 5/10/2011 9:49:14 AM >

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 127
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 9:50:43 AM   
Wild about Wilder

So when is it offically out as keep getting conflicting quotes ranging from the end of October to December?

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 128
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 10:01:13 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

So when is it offically out as keep getting conflicting quotes ranging from the end of October to December?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/tintinsecretoftheunicorn/releasedates/

From the official site, with release dates for everywhere around the world
Looks like the UK is set for the 26th of October (23rd Dec for me )

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 129
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 5:13:17 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/tintinsecretoftheunicorn/releasedates/

From the official site, with release dates for everywhere around the world
Looks like the UK is set for the 26th of October (23rd Dec for me )

Its rare that a blockbuster gets a UK release before the US, its also stupid in these days of online piracy that many studios still don't do simultaneous worldwide releases. I can't see this doing well outside of Europe tbh, there's little "brand recognition" (hate that term) and copies of it will have flooded the internet by December.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 130
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 6:43:18 PM   
Tech_Noir

Just saw the UK trailer and I'm still not drawn towards this film. I think the reason is I'm just not interested in a CG film about a boy, his dog and a pirate/captain in the 20s or 30s going on adventures.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 131
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 7:36:30 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Just saw the UK trailer and I'm still not drawn towards this film. I think the reason is I'm just not interested in a CG film about a boy, his dog and a pirate/captain in the 20s or 30s going on adventures.

I think I'm less interested in you telling us this every 5 minutes, Tech.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 132
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 8:06:44 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Hey, I'm just responding to the trailer. And I don't think I've posted about TinTin in weeks or months.

Even though comment this will start a "flame war" (I think that's the term) if TinTin and the Magic Unicorn does turn out to be just average/mediocre the film will still get praise because of the Spielberg/Jackson/Wright factor.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 6/10/2011 8:14:49 PM >

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 133
RE: Tintin - 6/10/2011 9:01:39 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, I'm just responding to the trailer. And I don't think I've posted about TinTin in weeks or months.

Even though comment this will start a "flame war" (I think that's the term) if TinTin and the Magic Unicorn does turn out to be just average/mediocre the film will still get praise because of the Spielberg/Jackson/Wright factor.

Slightly baity comments will do that - as I'm sure you well know, dude. And it's not like Indy4/King Kong/Scott Pilgrim are particularly praised round these parts.

< Message edited by Darth Marenghi -- 6/10/2011 9:02:03 PM >

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 134
RE: Tintin - 8/10/2011 11:53:39 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Welcome to my world Super 8 & don't get me started about Pixar they've been screwing us for years & anyway were not getting the Muppets till 2012 (unless you're meaning the England Rugby team!)

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 135
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 12/10/2011 9:03:20 AM   
Macavity

This looks solid. I'm really looking forward to it after catching the recent trailers. It's seems to have that spirit Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was missing.
I'm bemused by the negative opinion floating around TinTin. God forbid anyone try anything different.

< Message edited by Macavity -- 12/10/2011 10:10:00 AM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 136
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 12/10/2011 12:20:14 PM   
pete_traynor

This is still not even showing on the coming soon screen for the BFI IMAX. Can only assume, as we are so close to release, that itís not getting any slots there. Looks like Lion King 3D and Reel Steel have that time frame.... great, a money grabbing re release and a film that looks utterly average at best ! Tinitin would have looked great on that screen.

And according to wiki, it had its first press screening 2 days ago. Thought a review would have made it online by now... itís all a bit too quiet given that itís basically upon us. They need to start pushing this now. I know people who adore Tintin and have been looking forward to the film but had no idea thatís itís literally about to come out over here.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 12/10/2011 12:25:39 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 137
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 4:29:15 PM   
pete_traynor

Itís gone down pretty well at the Brussels screening:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/13/2452214/spielbergs-tintin-gets-seal-of.html

Post #: 138
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 5:34:22 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

It's gone down pretty well at the Brussels screening:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/13/2452214/spielbergs-tintin-gets-seal-of.html

Good to hear

Theres a press screening happening in the UK soon (according to Jami Bells twitter), so I wonder how soon until we can expect an Empire review

Post #: 139
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 5:43:42 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

It's up. 4 stars!

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=135271

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 13/10/2011 5:44:01 PM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 140
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 7:37:33 PM   
kumar

When is this out? For whatever reason I wasnt expecting this until christmas or early next year...

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 141
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 7:40:58 PM   
Darth Marenghi

End of this month, Kumar.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 142
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 13/10/2011 7:42:16 PM   
kumar

quote:

End of this month, Kumar.

Maybe I will give this ago instead of the Thing, then.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 143
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 21/10/2011 5:16:16 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Right, I'm going to pull my finger out and go and see Tin Tin (in 2D I've decided) next week.
Should be fun!

EDT: kumar you're av is like totally distracting me.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 21/10/2011 5:18:21 AM >

Art

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 144
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 26/10/2011 1:02:59 PM   
pete_traynor

I keep expecting this to take a bit of a dive but it seems to be holding pretty steady:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_adventures_of_tintin/

Looking good

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 145
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn - 31/10/2011 12:14:04 PM   
Timon

I saw it last night and I really enjoyed it. Moved like the clappers, was good fun and very reminiscent of the early Indy films in the fight sequences.

Also despite the designs of the characters being very stylised, there were sections of the film where they were very photorealistic - Tintin especially, who I thought looked great.

John WIlliams' score was also awesome, despite the lack of a 'theme' and while I'm not the biggest fan of 3D, it really did look amazing here - especially through the film's one-shot action screen and the epic pirate battle.

Highly recommended, it's just a shame it ended so suddenly.

And why am I posting this here? Readers Reviews scares me.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 146
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin 2 - 13/1/2012 4:28:48 PM   
Timon

Tintin 2 is going ahead! And Jackson will be directing.

From Comingsoon.net: ďIím not going to say which stories have been chosen for Peter Jacksonís sequel because Peter and I agreed that we werenít going to let that information out yet," he said. "The script is now being written. Itís more than one book, but itís not three books, so that means itís two books. Itís two and a half books that weíre combining with 'The Secret of the Unicorn.' And Peter will start working on the film this year. When heís done shooting 'The Hobbit,' heíll begin his performance capture work with the actors later in 2012, which Iím very excited about. And of course, Iím hoping Iíll be able to direct the third one. Iíd love to do the third one because I had so much fun on the first one.Ē

Read more: Steven Spielberg Says He's Not Directing Jurassic Park 4 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85940#ixzz1jMAJLBBv

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 147
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin 2 - 13/1/2012 4:47:57 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

From Comingsoon.net: ďIím not going to say which stories have been chosen for Peter Jacksonís sequel because Peter and I agreed that we werenít going to let that information out yet," he said. "The script is now being written. Itís more than one book, but itís not three books, so that means itís two books. Itís two and a half books that weíre combining with 'The Secret of the Unicorn.' And Peter will start working on the film this year. When heís done shooting 'The Hobbit,' heíll begin his performance capture work with the actors later in 2012, which Iím very excited about. And of course, Iím hoping Iíll be able to direct the third one. Iíd love to do the third one because I had so much fun on the first one.Ē

Read more: Steven Spielberg Says He's Not Directing Jurassic Park 4 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85940#ixzz1jMAJLBBv

Aceballs! Looks like the foreign box office is more important these days considering it flopped in the States.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 148
RE: The Adventures Of Tintin 2 - 18/1/2012 11:39:35 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

From Comingsoon.net: "I'm not going to say which stories have been chosen for Peter Jackson's sequel because Peter and I agreed that we weren't going to let that information out yet," he said. "The script is now being written. It's more than one book, but it's not three books, so that means it's two books. It's two and a half books that we're combining with 'The Secret of the Unicorn.' And Peter will start working on the film this year. When he's done shooting 'The Hobbit,' he'll begin his performance capture work with the actors later in 2012, which I'm very excited about. And of course, I'm hoping I'll be able to direct the third one. I'd love to do the third one because I had so much fun on the first one.Ē

Aceballs! Looks like the foreign box office is more important these days considering it flopped in the States.

Well $347,730,000 worldwide means its been very successful, no? Thats also not including the Asian markets

So any thoughts on what the next film is based on?
I always thought it was a no brainer, and the it would be '7 Crystal Balls' and 'Prisoners of the Sun'. Anthony Horowitz (who's writing the script) seemend to deny it though, but that was a while ago

Also I have to say im really glad the Steven Spielberg still seems so enthusiastic about it. He also mentioned at the Golden Globes that he was hoping to direct the third one as well.

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 18/1/2012 11:41:45 AM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 149
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tintin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI