Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tintin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tintin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tintin - 22/5/2011 11:26:17 AM   
rich

Yep. Not til the sequel

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 91
RE: Tintin - 24/5/2011 5:30:49 AM   
TheQuirk

No-- he shows up in Red Rackham's Treasure, and they're including that book in the first movie....... wonder what they did with him....

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 92
RE: Tintin - 24/5/2011 11:14:10 AM   
Drew_231

Well he's pretty central to the story of The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, which more than likely will be the two books the next film is based on
If thats the case, then its possible they are holding him back for that, where they introduce him as a new character that has been kidnapped, and Tintin and co have to go to South America to save him

(in reply to TheQuirk)
Post #: 93
RE: Tintin - 26/5/2011 8:13:06 AM   
TheQuirk

Why would Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun be next? Anyway, even though Calculus isn't vital to The Secret of the Unicorn, I wish they'd kept him. He's a great foil for Haddock.

Griffin: "It's not as easy as it looks!"

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 94
RE: Tintin - 27/5/2011 12:33:06 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheQuirk

Why would Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun be next?

Er, because Anthony Horowitz said that's what he's currently writing for Peter Jackson.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to TheQuirk)
Post #: 95
RE: Tintin - 28/5/2011 8:06:55 PM   
MACaver

Oh my hell yes! If this movie is as good as the comic/graphic novel and as Speilberg and Jackson are involved... it should ROCK! So glad they didn't go for the "live-action" route because that would've killed it IMO. Got my fingers crossed for this one. I remember this as a kid and really enjoyed the adventures. Can't remember the last time I felt excited over a upcoming movie.
If it's a hit then they got tons of story lines to go with.

Stoked!

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi140942617/

There are things known and things unknown, and in-between are the doors. ~ Jim Morrison

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 96
RE: Tintin - 28/5/2011 8:48:15 PM   
rich

quote:

No-- he shows up in Red Rackham's Treasure, and they're including that book in the first movie....... wonder what they did with him....

This one is clearly The Crab with the Golden Claws and Secret of the Unicorn though. Cant see any of the second story in the two parter at all.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to TheQuirk)
Post #: 97
RE: Tintin - 30/5/2011 4:35:58 AM   
TheQuirk

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth marenghi

quote:

This one is clearly The Crab with the Golden Claws and Secret of the Unicorn though. Cant see any of the second story in the two parter at all.

Oh-- my bad, apparently I hadn't that piece of news yet. I stand corrected ;)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

Well, all of the 411 on the movie says that it's using all three books. So it might not be, but I'm just going off of what I've heard everywhere.

Honestly, I can't see it either, though. Guess we'll have to wait for the next trailer to see.

Griffin: "It's not as easy as it looks!"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 98
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 3:59:18 PM   
pete_traynor

Full length trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEj3UsAl0K8&feature=player_embedded#at=127

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to TheQuirk)
Post #: 99
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 4:03:18 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth marenghi

quote:

Oh-- my bad, apparently I hadn't that piece of news yet. I stand corrected ;)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

Well, all of the 411 on the movie says that it's using all three books. So it might not be, but I'm just going off of what I've heard everywhere.

Honestly, I can't see it either, though. Guess we'll have to wait for the next trailer to see.

Sorry to be slow here, so what books are we saying he's using? Crystal Balls, Rackhams Treasure and what? Crab With Golden Claws? That's not connected to the previous two in any way is it? (story wise)

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to TheQuirk)
Post #: 100
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 4:13:34 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Full length trailer:

Looks incredible!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 101
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 9:09:38 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD
Sorry to be slow here, so what books are we saying he's using? Crystal Balls, Rackhams Treasure and what? Crab With Golden Claws? That's not connected to the previous two in any way is it? (story wise)

I think for the first movie they are using The Crab with the Golden Claws, Secret of the Unicorn, and a little of Red Rakhams Treasure to create one big movie

I assume the second movie will be based on The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun

edit: Holy Mackrell that trailer looks fantastic!!

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 11/7/2011 9:12:23 PM >

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 102
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 9:58:28 PM   
Timmy_brisby_2007

I can't wait!

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 103
RE: Tintin - 11/7/2011 10:16:03 PM   
rich

quote:

Crab With Golden Claws? That's not connected to the previous two in any way is it? (story wise)

It introduces Cpt Haddock, so is necessary.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 104
RE: Tintin - 12/7/2011 11:03:48 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

Full length trailer:

Looks incredible!

Doesnít it just! Canít wait. IMAX trailers for both this and TDKR on my showing of Potter should make up for having to sit throughÖ well Potter

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 105
RE: Tintin - 20/9/2011 11:47:15 AM   
pete_traynor

Do they look real, no... because they are not supposed to. But from these shots WETA have delivered some insanely fantastic work on this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-adventures-tintin-loads-images/

These still are just gorgeous! Cannot wait for this!

Post #: 106
RE: Tintin - 20/9/2011 6:13:45 PM   
Drew_231

sorry see below

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 20/9/2011 6:17:11 PM >

Post #: 107
RE: Tintin - 20/9/2011 6:14:38 PM   
Drew_231

quote:

Do they look real, no... because they are not supposed to. But from these shots WETA have delivered some insanely fantastic work on this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-adventures-tintin-loads-images/

These still are just gorgeous! Cannot wait for this!

You beat me too it, was about to post that same link

They look amazing. The detail on the characters is astounding (the Captain especially).
And the shots of the water and sky in the lifeboat screens is incredible

One or two different ones here as well:http://tintinology.poosk.com/2011/09/17/a-whole-gallery-of-brand-new-tintin-images/

< Message edited by Drew_231 -- 20/9/2011 6:15:52 PM >

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 108
RE: Tintin - 27/9/2011 11:00:56 AM   
Drew_231

New trailer!

At work so cant listen to it, think it may be in German though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAiXQB4U10&feature=player_embedded

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 109
RE: Tintin - 27/9/2011 12:43:10 PM   
Gazz

Am I right that this film will be released in the UK at the end of October as opposed to the December US date?

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 110
Tintin - 27/9/2011 5:05:31 PM   
hairymonster11

26th of October i believe, can't wait

It smells like Gods Vagina

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 111
RE: Tintin - 27/9/2011 7:48:11 PM   
Spaldron

Quietly looking forward to this, despite the fact Spielberg hasn't made a truly great film since JP.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to hairymonster11)
Post #: 112
RE: Tintin - 27/9/2011 9:44:48 PM   
bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Quietly looking forward to this, despite the fact Spielberg hasn't made a truly great film since JP.

Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Munich, A.I. Artificial Intelligence???

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 113
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 12:02:06 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

quote:

None of them truly great or better than JP. And the ones in bold are average at best.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 114
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 11:42:59 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

quote:

Agreed! Munch and Saving Private Ryan are superior to Jurassic Park for me. But donít get me wrong, still loving JP! Just donít get the seemingly widespread Conesus these days that Spielberg effectively dried up in the early/mid 90ís.

I donít have much love for A.I though. For my personal tastes I would have put Minority Report in its place on that list. But to each his own

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 115
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 11:54:41 AM   
Gazz

Yeah, Minority Report would have easily made that list for me alongside AI.But Jurassic Park is a film that I hold dear to my heart so saying that he hasn't made anything better since is kinda unfair. For me Spielberg hasn't made anything as good as Jaws in my opinion (it's one of my favourite films of all time) but that's not to say he doesn't turn out some absolutely excellent pieces of cinema (and some shite) too.

< Message edited by Gazz -- 28/9/2011 11:55:08 AM >

Post #: 116
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 12:33:16 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazz

Yeah, Minority Report would have easily made that list for me alongside AI.But Jurassic Park is a film that I hold dear to my heart so saying that he hasn't made anything better since is kinda unfair. For me Spielberg hasn't made anything as good as Jaws in my opinion (it's one of my favourite films of all time) but that's not to say he doesn't turn out some absolutely excellent pieces of cinema (and some shite) too.

Yep. Jaws is probably the one for me too... with Raiders snapping closely at its heels! For want of a better word, both are pretty perfect in my eyes.

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 117
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 3:26:09 PM   
Scruffybobby

Was chatting to a mate yesterday about Tintin whilst neither of us is that bothered  I broached that I had been thinking that when it comes out it may well have a Hobbit teaser attached. With Jackson's involvement it could be an ideal way to introduce a bit of new Middle-Earthy goodness.

Any thoughts on that?

Post #: 118
RE: Tintin - 28/9/2011 3:50:05 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Was chatting to a mate yesterday about†Tintin whilst neither of us is that bothered††I broached that I had been thinking†that when it comes out it may well have a Hobbit teaser attached. With Jackson's involvement it could be an ideal way to introduce a bit of new Middle-Earthy goodness.

Any thoughts on that?

I think you may well be on the money there! A year for such a huge film is prime time for a teaser. Maybe we might still be a little early (hope not!) But Iíd be surprised if the US release didnít have a teaser on it.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 119
RE: Tintin - 3/10/2011 10:49:08 AM   
Gazdance

Is it me or has there been virtually no promotion of this film in the last few months? At least not for a release as big as this is supposed to be.

Cinemas local to me have no posters, standees and I haven't seen a single trailer playing before any of the many films I've seen recently.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Tintin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI