Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

didn't make my feet happy!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> didn't make my feet happy!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
didn't make my feet happy!!! - 31/1/2007 11:47:36 AM   
Empo

This film was a bit boring and with a bit of a naff ending!!! It's not really for those who don't like musical as that is all that is about! I am usually a fan of musicals but this one just dragged! The only reason that I'm giving it two stras is because of the cuteness of the little dancing penguin and the great animation

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Original Family Film - 20/2/2007 12:38:25 PM   
sull26

What starts off as the usual Computer Animated movie - unusual outcast main character, funny sidekicks, array of famous voices - develops into something far more intelligent half way through. By injecting a much needed darker plot involving pollution, animal cruelty (unintentional) and the depressed emotions of a penguin (it's not as funny as it sounds) Happy Feet is generally a joyful mix of all emotions without upsetting the children. The first half hour does drag a bit, and it is occasionally tricky to distinguish some of the penguin characters from each other, but when the credits roll this will make you think about life, our actions, and test the grey cells more than any other family film ever made.

Post #: 62
- 1/5/2007 10:54:59 PM   
wooz

The Empire review really does no justice to what this film acheives. Technically and cinematically, for just about the entire experience, it is one of the greatest animated features I've seen. Disregarding the poor, POOR ending, which betrays it's lead-up, completely wonderful.

Post #: 63
Childish happy feet - 26/3/2008 12:35:38 AM   
lynnshep

Good but not great. More for kids than adults.

Post #: 64
Childish happy feet - 26/3/2008 12:35:43 AM   
lynnshep

Good but not great. More for kids than adults.

Post #: 65
so boring, - 9/6/2008 10:31:17 PM   
JohnPaul1996

I enjoyed it,but at the same time was extremely bored until the he got locked up in the zoo or whatever,then it just got ridiculous

Post #: 66
Good But Not Oscar Worthy. - 14/5/2009 10:07:00 AM   
joanna likes films

Happy Feet is supposed to be the movie you must see after it won a Oscar for Best Amination, beating Cars and Monster House which were good films in their own way. So I put it on yesterday, weary of the postive and negative reviews I read that day. It starts out with Norma Jean finding her soul mate with her heartsong, not one perfect for her. But when Memphis arrives with his Elivs song, they are a match and soon have a egg which hatches to Mumble. Problem is that Mumble can't sing, he can tap his feet but it's not done especially if he's a Penguin and wants to win the heart of his childhood sweetheart Gloria. So he is bannished from his home, makes friends with smaller Penguins that welcome him with open arms and has a adventure to find out what is happening to the fish. Okay, that's just a simple plot enough without any real dark themes. The songs arren't really orginal and Brittany Murphy's Somebody To Love isn't the greatest version I heard (I much pefeur Anne Hathaway's turn in Ella Enchanted) Nicole Kidman sings and talks like she's on drugs, she was the annoying one in this. Robin Williams is his usual funny self, playing two parts which are genius work. Hugh Jackman is also good, his singing voice never fails to leave a smile on my face but I felt he was seriously pushed aside in this. Elijah Wood is okay as the older Mumble, he looked a little like his character in some parts. There are a few problems in this, why did it have a dark side of it? The scenery is stunning, looks way too real and why the hell did it have real life people in this? Kids films should be fun and not always thinking about what the message is, if they want to know about the envioument then they should study more at school. There were some scary moments and some sexual moments for a kids film, they probably wouldn't care if they like Penguins but adults would be a little disturbed to see this like what Empire said. So my verict is that it's good but no way Oscar worthy, way too dark.

Post #: 67
Happy feet. - 5/12/2011 4:11:46 AM   
antosh25

They did good on this. I enjoyed it.

Post #: 68
Happy Feet Review - 30/12/2011 11:38:03 PM   
the film man

Visually dazzling, with a thoughtful storyline and catchy musical numbers, Happy Feet marks a successful animated debut from the makers of Babe, but I agree with empire, the shift in tone did spoil the film for me, slightly.

Post #: 69
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> didn't make my feet happy!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI