Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Preacher Headed To Screen!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Preacher Headed To Screen! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Preacher Headed To Screen! - 30/11/2006 10:54:03 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 30/11/2006 10:54:03 AM   
rams

Oh yes!!!Yes!!!!That's how you should be doing it!!IThis is amazing,a couple of months ago I said to my mates that HBO should do a Preacher series one hour long each;and being an HBO series they can put as much violence as they want .I also said they should do one about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen so let's hope I have the gift of foresight(oh,and Watchmen,but seeing they're doing the movie and there is the possibility of it being good,let's put that one on hold).
Now,who will play the characters?And will it be cancelled at mid-season like many HBO series are?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Preacher Headed To Screen! - 30/11/2006 11:55:46 AM   
unhingedmoviepigeon

Can't wait! That will be awesome, lets hope they just get the casting right.

Take my love.
Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Post #: 3
ahhhhhhhhhhh - 30/11/2006 12:01:31 PM   
clarkkent

SWEET! ive been waiting for them to do a Helblazer tv show, but fuck this ill do! Seriosuly get JAmes Masters for the lead! He'd be awsome!

Post #: 4
cure gastroparesis - 30/11/2006 12:23:19 PM   
dan8210

V. V. GOOD NEWS

Post #: 5
What?!?! - 30/11/2006 1:03:51 PM   
Rob_Diston

How is this possibly a good idea! Ok, it's HBO which is a good sign and Ennis & Dillon are on board, but besides that you've got the man behind the Daredevil debacle and the unproven Ghost Rider. I thought things were bad enough when they finally decided to go ahead with Watchman, but apparently not. When will hollywood realise that just because you can make a film of something doesn't mean you have to. I just hope they leave Sandman well alone, making that would be a travesty.

Post #: 6
Oh man.... - 30/11/2006 1:33:08 PM   
Rich Empire

Please don't mess this one up. Since when was the Saint Of Killers regarded to be anything like Samuel L Jackson? Bring back Clint Eastwood, come on! Isn't James Mardsen just a little bit too good looking to play the gritty Jesse? I thought they would consider someone more rugged.
I really hope they don't mess this one up. Oh well, fingers crossed...
:)

Post #: 7
RE: Oh man.... - 30/11/2006 2:03:37 PM   
damn im good!

ARGH! This terrifies me! If anything can fucked by TV censorship this is it. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

They just won't be able to do it justice. I know Ennis and Dillon are on board, but how much influence can they actually have?

NOT A HAPPY MAN. This has officially put me off work for the day.

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 8
There is a God, ...and he's gonna ger his ass kicked! - 30/11/2006 3:07:45 PM   
lukeyboy

Preacher is by far the best comic book series i have ever read,...yes even better than watchmen!! I think it has the potential to be a fucking great TV series, as long as they leave it be and dont fuck with it the way they intend to do Wanted!
A while ago I read somewhere...(Empire) that M.S.J wanted to do a HBO Preacher as he is a big fan of the comic book (good news!) and he would like to see James Franco as Jesse Custer and Clint Eastwood as The saint of killers, which is pretty good casting if you ask me! Although, i reckon Matthew Mconaughey as Jesse Custer, Nick Nolte as the saint of Killers, Robert Carslyle as Cassidy, Jurgen Prochnov as Herr Starr and i think Anna Paquin could do a good job of Tulip if made up right!.....End of!!

Post #: 9
There is a God, ...and he's gonna ger his ass kicked! - 30/11/2006 3:18:49 PM   
lukeyboy

Preacher is by far the best comic book series i have ever read,...yes even better than watchmen!! I think it has the potential to be a fucking great TV series, as long as they leave it be and dont fuck with it the way they intend to do Wanted!
A while ago I read somewhere...(Empire) that M.S.J wanted to do a HBO Preacher as he is a big fan of the comic book (good news!) and he would like to see James Franco as Jesse Custer and Clint Eastwood as The saint of killers, which is pretty good casting if you ask me! Although, i reckon Matthew Mconaughey as Jesse Custer, Nick Nolte as the saint of Killers, Robert Carslyle as Cassidy, Jurgen Prochnov as Herr Starr and i think Anna Paquin could do a good job of Tulip if made up right!.....End of!!

Post #: 10
RE: Oh man.... - 30/11/2006 6:35:02 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: damn i'm good!

ARGH! This terrifies me! If anything can fucked by TV censorship this is it. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

They just won't be able to do it justice. I know Ennis and Dillon are on board, but how much influence can they actually have?

NOT A HAPPY MAN. This has officially put me off work for the day.

It's HBO. They're on cable in the U.S so don't have the same censorship laws. HBO are the folks responsible for The Sopranos, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Rome, Big Love, Oz, The Wire and Six Feet Under. So I wouldn't worry about them not doing it justice on the censorship. And HBO are loaded so the production values will be immense.

(in reply to damn im good!)
Post #: 11
RE: Oh man.... - 1/12/2006 12:42:21 PM   
damn im good!

quote:

It's HBO. They're on cable in the U.S so don't have the same censorship laws. HBO are the folks responsible for The Sopranos, Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Rome, Big Love, Oz, The Wire and Six Feet Under. So I wouldn't worry about them not doing it justice on the censorship. And HBO are loaded so the production values will be immense.

Please don't destroy my excuse for not working...........

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 12
I Think ? - 1/12/2006 2:05:50 PM   
anakin solo

They are going to ruin a perfectly fucking good comic series just for money i agree with lukeyboy that clint would be a great saint of killers unfortunately he's not acting any more. All what makes this comic book series great is going to be taken out not to mention the yanks hatred of anything being screened on their tv which mocks the church and religion.

Post #: 13
RE: I Think ? - 1/12/2006 3:41:37 PM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: anakin solo

They are going to ruin a perfectly fucking good comic series just for money i agree with lukeyboy that clint would be a great saint of killers unfortunately he's not acting any more. All what makes this comic book series great is going to be taken out not to mention the yanks hatred of anything being screened on their tv which mocks the church and religion.

Were it in anyone but HBO's hands I'd agree. But I'm pretty sure it will be in safe hands with that channel.

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 14
Have faith (aha, it's a play on words...) - 1/12/2006 3:47:46 PM   
DGE Fuller

It's the only way to do justice to a long-running series: a TV show! I doubt it's going to be a pre-watershed number either. Just wait and see if the pilot's any good. If not, you'll catch it on Sky Movies 8 sometime in the next two years, and then wait a few more years for the big screen treatment. I think it could be good, it could be bad. More screen time means more development, but it might be censored- saying that HBO ran the Spawn cartoon, and that was darker than the source material! I think that's the way Watchmen should go too- an animated series. A movie could never hold the story and a live action show would be too limited. Anyway, fingers crossed for this one!

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Preacher Headed To Screen! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI