Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: show your artisitic talent!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: show your artisitic talent! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 13/1/2012 7:15:13 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I'm not a fan of the show but I have seen it and I know the character. That's brilliant, Ninj! Do you do a lot of charicatures?

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 331
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 14/1/2012 3:18:39 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Thank you! It was my first "proper" attempt really at getting back into art again after some years. It looks way better mounted and framed in real life as the gallery pics (I find) don't do it justice there. I like Caricatures, I drew a Carry Grant one which was way better than that but I wasn't happy with the shoes! I'll maybe dig it out at some point....

Art

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 332
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 16/1/2012 12:04:10 PM   
shool

Not mine, but a very good friend of mine has just put these up on deviant art.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 333
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 2/2/2012 8:55:59 PM   
Quint

Pretty awesome stuff from your mate Shooly! Love the design of the top one especially.

New one of mine, fresh off the tablet:

Edit: You can see a bigger (less confusing) version here: http://adamwayneart.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/the-hunt.jpg

< Message edited by Quint -- 2/2/2012 10:22:59 PM >

My Art: http://adamwayneart.com/

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 334
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 2/2/2012 9:08:40 PM   
Hood_Man

Quint, do the Battle of Hoth!

PWEEEEEEEEEASE!!

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 335
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 2/2/2012 9:25:40 PM   
King of Kafiristan

This next one is a portrait of Brian Dennehy, from a photograph of him I took two years ago:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 336
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 2/2/2012 10:26:04 PM   
Quint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

PWEEEEEEEEEASE!!

That could be all kinds of cool actually... hmm... This was the first snow environment I've done but it was good fun so may be I will try it.

Great stuff King! Really digging that first one. Quite a cool and unique style.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 337
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 3/2/2012 3:22:10 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Quint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

PWEEEEEEEEEASE!!

That could be all kinds of cool actually... hmm... This was the first snow environment I've done but it was good fun so may be I will try it.

Great stuff King! Really digging that first one. Quite a cool and unique style.

Thanks, your praise is most appreciated! Your work is excellent, I must say. I'm always astounded when people are able to paint with such artistry on a device like a tablet. My own art was generated on an iPod TOUCH, FYI.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 338
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 5/3/2012 8:03:59 PM   
Quint

Thanks for the kind words KoK!

It's my girlfriend's birthday today and I've just finished this one for her. It is a (not perfect) copy of Mark Ryden's 'Balloon Boy'. Ryden is her favorite artist. Hopefully she'll like it...

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 339
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 5/3/2012 8:08:44 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Excellent work, Quint! No doubt she'll be chuffed to receive it.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 340
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 5/3/2012 8:30:25 PM   
Quint

Thank you mate, appreciate it!

Post #: 341
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 6/3/2012 4:19:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 342
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 1:03:26 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

My finished commission piece for Spaldy's band "Halt Zero"! Inspired from a classic horror film of the same title; "Begotten".

*Achieved using charcoal and then later, scanned.

Art

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 343
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 2:28:03 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Thank you! It was my first "proper" attempt really at getting back into art again after some years. It looks way better mounted and framed in real life as the gallery pics (I find) don't do it justice there. I like Caricatures, I drew a Carry Grant one which was way better than that but I wasn't happy with the shoes! I'll maybe dig it out at some point....

You could say you did a Cary-cature.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 344
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 2:34:32 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

You could say you did a Cary-cature.

Boom, boom!

Art

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 345
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 4:47:01 AM   
Quint

quote:

My finished commission piece for Spaldy's band "Halt Zero"! Inspired from a classic horror film of the same title; "Begotten".

*Achieved using charcoal and then later, scanned.

Looks awesome ninj! Great work! Bet Spalds is happy with it. Have you planned what to do in terms of text at all?

Post #: 346
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 11:40:41 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Aw, thanks Quint. He seems happy enough with it, so that's cool. It's the first time I've ever worked with charcoal also but really enjoyed it to be honest. I think he is going to photoshop his band's logo ("HZ") onto the pic when he's ready and they have a bit more material, other than that I'm not sure.

How is your art going? Can't wait to see some more of it!

Art

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 347
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 4:36:57 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Post #: 348
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 19/3/2012 5:01:08 PM   
Quint

quote:

Aw, thanks Quint. He seems happy enough with it, so that's cool. It's the first time I've ever worked with charcoal also but really enjoyed it to be honest. I think he is going to photoshop his band's logo ("HZ") onto the pic when he's ready and they have a bit more material, other than that I'm not sure.

Charcoal is a tough medium so you did a great job for your first time. Will look awesome with the logo on it as well I bet - quite an eye catching image. Art for me is going well thanks! I just finished this portrait on Friday (excuse the awful camera I used) and have a couple of concept art jobs on the go for the next month so that should keep me busy. I finally quit my job in January and went full-time freelance. Not regretted it yet!

Post #: 349
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 20/3/2012 12:27:42 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

Charcoal is a tough medium so you did a great job for your first time. Will look awesome with the logo on it as well I bet - quite an eye catching image. Art for me is going well thanks! I just finished this portrait on Friday (excuse the awful camera I used) and have a couple of concept art jobs on the go for the next month so that should keep me busy. I finally quit my job in January and went full-time freelance. Not regretted it yet!

Again, thank you. I absolutely LOVE! Your art (but you know that anyway. That's a really great piece you've added there too and the shading looks perfect. I'm so glad that you decided to go freelance.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 20/3/2012 12:28:04 AM >

Art

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 350
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 20/3/2012 4:47:20 PM   
Quint

Thanks for the kind words Ninj. I'm happy I've gone freelance too. Love the fact that my work day now revolves around art. Not looking forward to tax season next year though! I'm currently working on a project where the client wants a Charles Barkley (ex b-ball player) illustration so I've been doing some digital sketches to get to grips with the guy:

Post #: 351
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 21/3/2012 1:31:57 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Thanks for the kind words Ninj. I'm happy I've gone freelance too. Love the fact that my work day now revolves around art. Not looking forward to tax season next year though! I'm currently working on a project where the client wants a Charles Barkley (ex b-ball player) illustration so I've been doing some digital sketches to get to grips with the guy:

No probs at all. I love these new images! I'm not however, "overly familiar" with digital art but really dig these ones. I was actually going to say in my last post (regarding your last image), that you should be able to get enough commission work on portraits also, as they're very good!

All the best and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Art

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 352
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 21/3/2012 2:59:47 PM   
Chief

There was a Scottish artist called Paul Cadden in the paper at the weekend and some of his stuff is just mind-blowing.

Hyper Realism Pencil Art:

More here: http://www.forevergeek.com/2012/03/amazing-hyperrealism-pencil-art/

Post #: 353
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 21/3/2012 6:40:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/o/2012/091/0/a/0ac8afa69979bad06de9637b60323018.png
Scanner didnt exactly bring out the pen thickness well,but im happy none the less.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 23/4/2012 5:41:22 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 354
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 21/3/2012 9:09:59 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

There was a Scottish artist called Paul Cadden in the paper at the weekend and some of his stuff is just mind-blowing.

Hyper Realism Pencil Art:

More here: http://www.forevergeek.com/2012/03/amazing-hyperrealism-pencil-art/

Stunning. I'm blown away by these. Thanks for sharing!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 355
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 21/3/2012 9:26:02 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Haha, I wish you'd posted a NOT SAFE FOR WORK warning (NSFW, as it's known in my homeland) on that link though, as when I clicked over to the original DAILY MAIL story, there was a gigantic nude half way down the page.

Post #: 356
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 22/3/2012 2:32:07 AM   
Quint

I've seen Paul Cadden's work before and it really is something else! He and another guy who works in acrylic carry the flag for hyper-realism as there are a lot of arguments regarding its worth as an art form. Obviously, visually its essentially a photo as that is the aim, but that disregards the skill and time put into it. One of the things critics say is that it is essentially a copy, a beautifully rendered copy, but a copy nonetheless. The artist isn't pushing themselves to create or understand the what they are drawing, they just do. My work has been accused of this too (a lot of my stuff is copies from photos and life - not on Cadden's level though) and I have taken it to heart. When you draw from something in front of you, it's all to easy to just switch the brain off and mimic what you see. I found when I started drawing from imagination, things didn't look quite right (anatomy, perspective, physics etc) and it's because I hadn't put the time in to learn these things when I copied; I didn't try to work out why the light did what it did, why his arm did this, her eye did that, I just copied what I saw. Basically when you copy you don't need to think of these things and it can stunt your growth when you try new things. I would be interested to see Cadden's work from imagination and see how it matches up. What he does is stunning to me but I can understand those who think otherwise.

Post #: 357
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 22/3/2012 11:19:40 AM   
Chief

Can people not just appreciate it for the technical ability though?

KoK - Sorry 'bout that! Never noticed it myself (I'm off to confirm it now though....).

Post #: 358
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 22/3/2012 2:03:00 PM   
Quint

quote:

I think some people can, but there's a lot of snobbery in the art community (shocker) and things like this get frowned upon by a lot. To be perfectly honest I think it's jealousy. A lot of artists would kill for that kind of technical skill and instead make do with claiming their art has a 'soul' which 9 times out of 10 isn't really there.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 359
RE: show your artisitic talent! - 22/3/2012 2:06:26 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

I think some people can, but there's a lot of snobbery in the art community (shocker) and things like this get frowned upon by a lot. To be perfectly honest I think it's jealousy. A lot of artists would kill for that kind of technical skill and instead make do with claiming their art has a 'soul' which 9 times out of 10 isn't really there.

Tracy Emin springs to mind.
She is sh/t on sh/t.

(in reply to Quint)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: show your artisitic talent! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI