Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: aka Batman and Robin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: aka Batman and Robin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: aka Batman and Robin - 20/11/2006 4:28:30 PM   
Histeria

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnny Pneumonia
Totally right. Besides, this is clearly never going to happen without the original cast, which wont happen without Jackson, Weta etc. As Bob said, its just the suits playing hardball.

Seems the ball is 100% in MGM's court. PJ won't make the movie without the lawsuit settled. New Line don't have time to settle the lawsuit before The Hobbit needs to go into production before they lose the rights to it the Tolkein properties. If MGM want to do it now, it happens without PJ. If MGM stall it for a year or so, it happens without New Line. Either way, a stupid dispute over accounting has killed this project for someone.

(in reply to Johnny Pneumonia)
Post #: 61
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 4:34:45 PM   
directorscut

The loss of Jackson is not big especially when you consider he would probably turn all the dwarfs into comic relief buffonery. One Jackson Gimli was more than enough.

However making two films out of the The Hobbit and scraps of information is indeed stupid.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
Phew! - 20/11/2006 4:56:50 PM   
Mad Dog Tannen

The world is spared another two boring movies from Empire's most overrated director. With literally zero negative perspective to counter-balance the adoration, Empire's worship of Jackson is tiresome in the extreme, and disappointing, too.

Post #: 63
WHAT! - 20/11/2006 5:02:12 PM   
Cloud Wolf

its ridiculus that any1 cud even think of making the hobbit without Jackson. surely with the trilogy doing so wel the 1st thing theyd do wud bring him bak for the hobbit. it was 1 of the most highly anticipated films for me over the next few years but i am now not sure whther 2 look 4ward 2 it at al.

Post #: 64
- 20/11/2006 5:34:21 PM   
Ethanial

Woo, the best thing today, buiilds up from overrated Bond, why does everyone love that? Oh well, we are saved from another 6-7 hours of torture, maybe Jackson can go off and do something like The Frightners again, you know, something good.

Post #: 65
Ruin the Continuinity - 20/11/2006 5:38:28 PM   
Steve L

bad bad move by New Line....i guess the accountants as usual have the final say.

Post #: 66
Whats more - 20/11/2006 5:41:29 PM   
Steve L

I bet the principle actors who played characters that appear in all the books won't return either.

Post #: 67
RE: Another Prequel with no soul - 20/11/2006 5:47:46 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: saint mark

They are nuts doing the Hobbit without the soul of Jackson who gave LOTR the soul and legs to walk on.

We get now the Hobbit as a two parter doen by somebody who doesn't really care with generic CGI.
It is this time not about the story but about the bucks. To bad that New Linae has chosen for the bucks instead of the artistic value that a person like Jackson & Co adds.
I'll stick to the book instead and get an illigal copy to watch it if ever.

But the extra book was ok when Jackson was onboard, he must of been in favour of it.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to saint mark)
Post #: 68
- 20/11/2006 6:04:14 PM   
earthivory

This cant be right, surely they can't make any LOTR prequel without the visionary who brought the Trilogy to life!!!

Post #: 69
- 20/11/2006 6:07:54 PM   
steve_flow

yet another film to lose what could of made it brilliant, and instead become another money makeing pointless se/prequel

Post #: 70
Right here is exactly why this is a good thing... - 20/11/2006 6:36:24 PM   
Bad_Mofo

Peter Jackson is one of the most versatile and talented directors weve ever had. Period.Whilst i agree that he gave LOTR its legs to walk on, ultimately despite its being Jacksons view of Middle Earth hes always stated that, middle earth itself was never his, it was Tolkiens. So why not let the guy move onto better bigger things. There are plently of other directors out there who can deliver an equally fantastic view of Middle Earth, look at these prospects for director-

Riddley Scott, Guillermo Del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Terry Gilliam, Frank Darabont-----Steven Spielberg.

Now seriously can u honestly tell me that the Hobbits dead...

Post #: 71
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 6:40:07 PM   
Anglachel

If that is true::: Just great news.

The Hobbit is my fav Tolkien book, well, if I can choose only one as a favorite.

The Hobbit is too great and it has no need to change anything.
An PJ and crew changed many things, and I hated that.

Good to have another choice to make a great Hobbit movie based on Tolkien book!!!!!!

I have made a promise: to get back on you someday...
Justice come, it will be done.
You will face the darkest future!! You will go to hell !!!
Time will tell, I wish you well.

Dionysus

Post #: 72
RE: - 20/11/2006 6:42:05 PM   
Anglachel

quote:

ORIGINAL: earthivory

This cant be right, surely they can't make any LOTR prequel without the visionary who brought the Trilogy to life!!!

What visionary??

For sure you have to be talking about Tolkien: the author and creator of LOTR.

There is no need of another  visionary anyway , everythin is on the book

I have made a promise: to get back on you someday...
Justice come, it will be done.
You will face the darkest future!! You will go to hell !!!
Time will tell, I wish you well.

Dionysus

(in reply to earthivory)
Post #: 73
What is going on??? - 20/11/2006 6:43:47 PM   
daveistheone

New line cinema have taken it too far. You know that now they'll place a spineless hack in charge, who'll make a couple of shite, commercially focussed films.(notice difference between xmen 2 and 3?) Secondly, where is the clear distinct narrative between the hobbit and the lotr? If Tolkien didn't write it, then new line shouldn't 'put it together'. Tolkien has tales for that time, but not a coherent films worth. Any director with any human qualities shouldn't touch this project now.

Post #: 74
- 20/11/2006 6:44:56 PM   
Hughezy

there's NO WAY The Hobbit will live up to the expectations of the public.

And now that Jackson isn't involved........

Post #: 75
- 20/11/2006 7:23:03 PM   
Tig

New Line took a chance and were incredibly visionary in financing the production of the LOTRs films. However, they seem to be following a familiar path of studios who believe their own hype and power and I can only imagine that this will be a decision they learn to regret. I would have loved to see Wingnut make The Hobbit - at the moment I can't imagine anyone else directing it (or want to take over the mantle for that matter - a v. hard act to follow). However, having said that, I remember the furore over Daniel Craig as Bond!

Post #: 76
The power of Jackson - 20/11/2006 7:27:31 PM   
monkeyman1976

What's going on with Peter Jackson? Didn't King Kong make enough cash for the money men? First Halo dies on it's arse now Mr Jackson has lost the Hobbit too. What exactly is going on behind the scenes? Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.....

Post #: 77
- 20/11/2006 7:32:16 PM   
nickcentre12

no jackson = no mckellan, no sirkis, no blanchett, no lee, no weaving = no punters watching this film

Post #: 78
RE: - 20/11/2006 7:38:48 PM   
UTB

Hooray! Does this mean it might be under two hours long? 

(in reply to nickcentre12)
Post #: 79
RE: Phew! - 20/11/2006 7:40:51 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Dog Tannen

The world is spared another two boring movies from Empire's most overrated director. With literally zero negative perspective to counter-balance the adoration, Empire's worship of Jackson is tiresome in the extreme, and disappointing, too.

Agreed.

(in reply to Mad Dog Tannen)
Post #: 80
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 8:43:57 PM   
The Todge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anglachel

If that is true::: Just great news.

The Hobbit is my fav Tolkien book, well, if I can choose only one as a favorite.

The Hobbit is too great and it has no need to change anything.
An PJ and crew changed many things, and I hated that.

Good to have another choice to make a great Hobbit movie based on Tolkien book!!!!!!

And you really think whoever takes charge of The Hobbit won't change anything?  That's why they call it an adaptation.

Fuck sakes.

THIS..............is God.

(in reply to Anglachel)
Post #: 81
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 9:18:13 PM   
closet heroine

Twats.

Has someone alerted rottentomatoes.com already? Because I really feel they should get their laptops ready....

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Post #: 82
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 10:36:17 PM   
aldaboss

I for one was getting a bit annoyed by all this legal bla bla that was surrounding the hobbit of late but this is has royally pissed me off.

Jackson and his team brought to life an amazing saga and without him I have huge doubts. The Hobbit from the minute it was announced was always gonna have an issue with living up to expectations. The only one I can see meeting those is PJ. He has been there and done that. He kows the worl and how to bring it to life. For me......Its pj or no one. Im not discrediting other directors but The Hobbit is a very importent book to a lot of people and PJ has prooved that he has the ability to bring the LOTR world to life. Sad day indeed, lets just hope someone gets bitch slapped into sense and relises that pj and his team are the men for the job.

My god is a boob

(in reply to closet heroine)
Post #: 83
Right here we go again...last time now. - 20/11/2006 10:47:02 PM   
Bad_Mofo

Peter Jackson is one of the most versatile and talented directors weve ever had. Period.Whilst i agree that he gave LOTR its legs to walk on, ultimately despite its being Jacksons view of Middle Earth hes always stated that, middle earth itself was never his, it was Tolkiens. So why not let the guy move onto better bigger things. There are plently of other directors out there who can deliver an equally fantastic view of Middle Earth, look at these prospects for director-

Riddley Scott, Guillermo Del Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, Terry Gilliam, Frank Darabont-----Steven Spielberg.

Now seriously can u honestly tell me that the Hobbits dead...

Post #: 84
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 10:56:41 PM   
Lego_boy

Aldaboss, good to see someone from the old WTME forum still knocking about

I can only echo earlier sentiments, Jackson carries with him him not only the directorial skill, but also a  whole host of other factors, namely the production crew, and the support of actors such as McKellan and Serkis.  I wouldn't rule out Jackson possibly returning to the frame, but things are looking increasingly bleak.  New Line's response will be telling.

(in reply to aldaboss)
Post #: 85
Hmmm - 20/11/2006 10:58:08 PM   
Tenacious P

Whilst I am gutted for PJ & love the LOTR movies, I'm kind of glad he's no longer doing it! As was mentioned before, who's gonna want to follow in those Kong sized footsteps? I can't help feeling that Rings was a one time thing & don't want The Hobbit to be made. PJ would HAVE to get Ian Holm in it & (no offence Mr Holm) he's getting a bit old to be leaping about. They should leave well enough alone & not make it! Look what happened when a certain MR G Lucas tried to do prequels. (Yes I know PJ is a FAR better director but still) I for one am happy!!!

Post #: 86
RE: Hmmm - 20/11/2006 11:16:48 PM   
The Todge

Well a first petition is up from some of the fans who post on TheOneRing.net

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/aintnohobbitwithoutPJ/index.html

However I think the admin guys at that site are planning something official too, it was them that sent the petition that got a response from MGM initially, so if anybody's gonna get noticed, it's them.

Keep yer eyes peeled.

THIS..............is God.

(in reply to Tenacious P)
Post #: 87
RE: Jackson Loses The Hobbit - 20/11/2006 11:17:30 PM   
BondVsPredator

The fools

Post #: 88
New Line----yooo suuuckk !!!! - 20/11/2006 11:37:51 PM   
boredbluekoala

Look, we all know that an unrivalled trilogy of films that took billions at the box office, was loved by critics and the public alike and garnered dozens of awards including the Oscar for best picture, is no reason to rehire the Geniuses behind it all. No what we really want is a cheap rush job with none of the Talents that made the originals, oh and if you could film it somewhere other than New Zealand for extra insult that would be just peachy, Pricks

Post #: 89
Er, A Further Thought Occurs - 20/11/2006 11:44:31 PM   
boredbluekoala

.....And when it goes tits up, (and it will) I hope they fire your talentless fuckin asses.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: aka Batman and Robin Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI