Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The 'Other' Double-0 Agents

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> The 'Other' Double-0 Agents Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 9:20:22 AM   
Timon

Well all know 007 but what about the other members of MI6?

Pierce Bronsnan films introduced Bill Tanner and Robinson as some other MI6 personnel but I have always wanted to see Bond working with other 00-agents like 006 in the pre titles scene of Goldeneye or the Gibralter excersise in The Living Daylights.

I even tried to write a Bond script a while back (but quit as it was becoming too cliched) but it started off with a terrorist organisation actually forcing their way into MI6 to retrieve stolen material and the 00 section having to react and defend with the in building security.......pity I shelved that idea. It was fun.

Anyway, I found a list of the 'other' 00 agents....and they haven't had lucky careers....

002: Bill Fairbanks, who was killed by Francisco Scaramanga whilst in the arms of a bellydancer in Beirut in 1969. (The Man With the Golden Gun.) A later 002 took part in the exercise attack on Gibraltar. (The Living Daylights. Played by Glyn Baker. The designation 002 is never mentioned on screen during the film, but is given in the credits.)

003: Killed in Siberia while carrying a microchip which was smuggled out of a Soviet factory. The microchip is inside a locket, together with a photograph which implies that he has a wife and child. (A View To A Kill. Only appears as a corpse which is not credited).

004: Murdered by a supposed KGB assassin during an exercise on Gibraltar. (The Living Daylights. Played by Frederick Warder).

006: Alec Trevelyan. Believed killed by Russian Colonel Ourumov during an attack on the Arkhangel chemical warfare facility in the late 80s. However, he later reappeared as head of the Janus organisation. (Goldeneye. Played by Sean Bean).

007: Cdr James Bond. Need I say more?

008: Agent with whom M threatens to replace Bond in investigating Goldfinger when he thinks that Bond may turn it into a personal vendetta to avenge the murder of Jill Masterson. When it appears that Goldfinger is going to kill him with a strategically placed laser beam, Bond mentions that 008 will then take over. (Goldfinger; doesn't actually appear). 008 appears to be M's favourite back-up agent; M later threatens to recall him from Hong Kong to undertake the assassination of General Pushkin when Bond appears unwilling. 008 doesn't know Pushkin and "follows orders, not instincts".(The Living Daylights; again doesn't appear).

009: Killed by Mishka and Grishka, the knife-throwing twins, in East Berlin, making a spectacular entrance to the British Embassy dressed as a clown and carrying a Fabergé egg. (Octopussy. Played by Andy Bradford). A subsequent 009 was employed by M following a request for help from Sir Robert King following the kidnapping of his daughter. 009 was sent to kill Renard, the terrorist responsible. The result of the mission was that Renard remained alive, but with 009's bullet lodged in his skull. (Mentioned in The World Is Not Enough).

In addition, Thunderball features a meeting in the MI6 conference room attended by every Double 0 agent in Europe. There are nine chairs, of which Bond sits in the seventh from the right. This appears to imply that there are nine Double 0 agents at this point (although I'm not sure how this fits in with Moneypenny's Europe reference). We don't get a clear view of most of the other people sat in the chairs, but we see that one is bearded (perhaps 006 since he is sat to the left of Bond) and another is apparently a woman but it is not obvious which one. A similar meeting occurs in The World Is Not Enough following a bomb blast at MI6 headquarters and the death of Sir Robert King. A group of people are briefed, including Bond. Raymond Benson's novelisation mentions that this is a group of Double 0 agents, although this is not confirmed on screen.

It is interesting to note that The Living Daylights takes the record for the most interest in Double 0 agents (apart from the Thunderball scene mentioned above) with three agents appearing (including Bond) and another mentioned. It was also one of three consecutive films in the 80s featured the death of a Double 0 agent near the start as a plot point (Octopussy, A View To A Kill and The Living Daylights).

We need more 00 agents! I always love the MI6 butler kicking the crap out of Necros at the safehouse in The Living Daylights. We need to see more of Bond's team then him simply being a one man army....but that can be fun too.

< Message edited by Timon -- 19/11/2006 10:30:07 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 12:14:45 PM   
Rhubarb

It would be good to see an IMF-esque film where Bond leads a team into action, only so you didn't get th eimpression that this guy was holding up this country on his own

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 4:03:25 PM   
Rotary Ten

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

It would be good to see an IMF-esque film where Bond leads a team into action, only so you didn't get the impression that this guy was holding up this country on his own

See the opening sequence of Die Another Day, where Bond, and a group of agents surf onto a North Korean beach. It's not clear whether his colleagues are 00 agents or if they are say, CIA operatives, but it has been done before, and there's no reason why it can't be done again.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 3
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 4:08:18 PM   
David Dvd 1988

Quite the knowledge you are timon
WHAT ABOUT A 000 OR DOES HE EVEN EXIST?
IT WOULD BE COOL IF THEY HAD ALL THE 00 AGENTS HELPING 007 LIKE THE VOLCANO BASE IN YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE????
quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Well all know 007 but what about the other members of MI6?

Pierce Bronsnan films introduced Bill Tanner and Robinson as some other MI6 personnel but I have always wanted to see Bond working with other 00-agents like 006 in the pre titles scene of Goldeneye or the Gibralter excersise in The Living Daylights.

I even tried to write a Bond script a while back (but quit as it was becoming too cliched) but it started off with a terrorist organisation actually forcing their way into MI6 to retrieve stolen material and the 00 section having to react and defend with the in building security.......pity I shelved that idea. It was fun.

Anyway, I found a list of the 'other' 00 agents....and they haven't had lucky careers....

002: Bill Fairbanks, who was killed by Francisco Scaramanga whilst in the arms of a bellydancer in Beirut in 1969. (The Man With the Golden Gun.) A later 002 took part in the exercise attack on Gibraltar. (The Living Daylights. Played by Glyn Baker. The designation 002 is never mentioned on screen during the film, but is given in the credits.)

003: Killed in Siberia while carrying a microchip which was smuggled out of a Soviet factory. The microchip is inside a locket, together with a photograph which implies that he has a wife and child. (A View To A Kill. Only appears as a corpse which is not credited).

004: Murdered by a supposed KGB assassin during an exercise on Gibraltar. (The Living Daylights. Played by Frederick Warder).

006: Alec Trevelyan. Believed killed by Russian Colonel Ourumov during an attack on the Arkhangel chemical warfare facility in the late 80s. However, he later reappeared as head of the Janus organisation. (Goldeneye. Played by Sean Bean).

007: Cdr James Bond. Need I say more?

008: Agent with whom M threatens to replace Bond in investigating Goldfinger when he thinks that Bond may turn it into a personal vendetta to avenge the murder of Jill Masterson. When it appears that Goldfinger is going to kill him with a strategically placed laser beam, Bond mentions that 008 will then take over. (Goldfinger; doesn't actually appear). 008 appears to be M's favourite back-up agent; M later threatens to recall him from Hong Kong to undertake the assassination of General Pushkin when Bond appears unwilling. 008 doesn't know Pushkin and "follows orders, not instincts".(The Living Daylights; again doesn't appear).

009: Killed by Mishka and Grishka, the knife-throwing twins, in East Berlin, making a spectacular entrance to the British Embassy dressed as a clown and carrying a Fabergé egg. (Octopussy. Played by Andy Bradford). A subsequent 009 was employed by M following a request for help from Sir Robert King following the kidnapping of his daughter. 009 was sent to kill Renard, the terrorist responsible. The result of the mission was that Renard remained alive, but with 009's bullet lodged in his skull. (Mentioned in The World Is Not Enough).

In addition, Thunderball features a meeting in the MI6 conference room attended by every Double 0 agent in Europe. There are nine chairs, of which Bond sits in the seventh from the right. This appears to imply that there are nine Double 0 agents at this point (although I'm not sure how this fits in with Moneypenny's Europe reference). We don't get a clear view of most of the other people sat in the chairs, but we see that one is bearded (perhaps 006 since he is sat to the left of Bond) and another is apparently a woman but it is not obvious which one. A similar meeting occurs in The World Is Not Enough following a bomb blast at MI6 headquarters and the death of Sir Robert King. A group of people are briefed, including Bond. Raymond Benson's novelisation mentions that this is a group of Double 0 agents, although this is not confirmed on screen.

It is interesting to note that The Living Daylights takes the record for the most interest in Double 0 agents (apart from the Thunderball scene mentioned above) with three agents appearing (including Bond) and another mentioned. It was also one of three consecutive films in the 80s featured the death of a Double 0 agent near the start as a plot point (Octopussy, A View To A Kill and The Living Daylights).

We need more 00 agents! I always love the MI6 butler kicking the crap out of Necros at the safehouse in The Living Daylights. We need to see more of Bond's team then him simply being a one man army....but that can be fun too.

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

http://www.angryalien.com

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 4:16:58 PM   
BondVsPredator

Cool little reference list you have there I must say. No double-0-one though, interestingly.

It would be fun to have a Bond film with a few other agents who do more than turn up and die (or as you rightly point out, in some cases turn up already dead!)

"I cannot kill my friend.

Kill my friend."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 4:32:17 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rotary Ten

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

It would be good to see an IMF-esque film where Bond leads a team into action, only so you didn't get the impression that this guy was holding up this country on his own

See the opening sequence of Die Another Day, where Bond, and a group of agents surf onto a North Korean beach. It's not clear whether his colleagues are 00 agents or if they are say, CIA operatives, but it has been done before, and there's no reason why it can't be done again.

Well yeah exactly. And the first bit of DAD was really quite good, even if it comepletely lost its way afterwards.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 6
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 7:51:51 PM   
Timon

First 15mins of DAD are excellent. Nice chase, Bond captured, tortured, being traded with a nice beard (so far so Season 6 of 24 it looks like!), going rogue to find the traitor.................and then he dons hawaiian shirts and cracks one liners that would make Chubby Brown cringe.

I agree about the 'surfing colleagues'. Do we ever see what happens to them?

I just like the feel that MI6 has more men then simply Bond. I like the training mission in Gibralter where the 3 agents have to infiltrate the base and I like the look on Dalton's face as he realises someone is out to kill them. Also the team work between 006 and 007 in Goldeneye shows that if the mission warrants it, agents can work together.

I'd like to this see happen again especially in Bond 22 as 007 will still be finding his feet as a 00 so perhaps some guidance or backup would be useful. Also, I'd like to see Bill Tanner reintroduced like they've done with Felix Leiter. In the books, Tanner is one of Bond's closest friends and esentially M's right hand...and you kind of get the impression of this in Goldeneye and TWINE (also in For Your Eyes Only where he was introduced following Bernard 'M' Lee's death). Either have him or the Chief of Defence, Frederick Grey, a la the Roger Moore films.

Basically I'd like to see Bond have more allies then simply being a one-man Jack Baueresque army.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 7
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 7:57:07 PM   
Scruffybobby

It would be cool to see Bond teaming up with a female "00" but, and this would be crucial, not end up shagging her.

I always thought that the other guys in DAD, had taken over the helicopter and were killed when it got blown up by Zao

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 8
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 8:48:03 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

It would be cool to see Bond teaming up with a female "00" but, and this would be crucial, not end up shagging her.

That would never happen. He would have of course end up bedding her.

I feel that the strong female Bond girls are a double edged sword. On the one hand, you get decent ones such as Major Amasova (Agent xxx) and Pam Bouvier who can hold their own and can aid Bond but at no point over shadow him. Then you get the likes of Jinx who is tries so hard to be 'Bond's equal' and just comes over as annoying. It's a James Bond film, not the 'American female spy and her British acomplice'. If there was a female 00 agent, it simply wouldn't work. Death or bed would be her future.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 9:06:36 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

I feel that the strong female Bond girls are a double edged sword. On the one hand, you get decent ones such as Major Amasova (Agent xxx) and Pam Bouvier who can hold their own and can aid Bond but at no point over shadow him. Then you get the likes of Jinx who is tries so hard to be 'Bond's equal' and just comes over as annoying. It's a James Bond film, not the 'American female spy and her British acomplice'. If there was a female 00 agent, it simply wouldn't work. Death or bed would be her future.

If the future films were to revert to the established formua that could be a problem. I don't see why we couldn't have a female 00 though. I'd kind of  like to think that M was a field agent at one time and possibly an 00 so why not another female who would keep himon his toes, and who he could have a will they/wont they thing going on., as with Moneypenny (although this might hat MP would not feature) which would end in frustration for 007.

"Sorry James, I'm just not that kind of girl". ( Exits in suitably cool and dramati fashion, probably involving jet propelled hairband)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 10
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 9:51:27 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

Don't know if anybody knows this, but if anyone wants to see 006 (other than Sean Bean's Alec Trevelyan), see Thunderball.

In the meeting with M and all the 00s in the big hall, there are some shots of the guy sat next to Sean Connery, who has a black hair and beard, therefore being 006 .

Ooo, I found the pic:

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

Post #: 11
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 19/11/2006 10:31:27 PM   
Timon

A beared 00 agent eh? Nice nice.

Just updated my original post with pics of other 00 agents that I've found.

Also, in the book of Moonraker, there is a 0011.....so maybe there are several ranks of them.

(in reply to i007_Bond_007i)
Post #: 12
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 4:40:53 PM   
Timon

quote:

I always thought that the other guys in DAD, had taken over the helicopter and were killed when it got blown up by Zao

You're most likely right. Haven't seen it since i saw it in the cinema.

Post #: 13
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 7:18:07 PM   
Axel Foley

Woah scary coincidence! I was watching Dr No the other day and wondered whether Strangways was a 00. He seemed to be set up to investigate suspisicious goings on, but he's not about for long enough to determine whether he was licensed to kill.

The thought has certainly crossed my mind before as to how many 00's there are. Bond often refers to them (as in Goldfinger when Bond saves himself by suggestin 008 would take over with info on grandslam - as you pointed out). The one in Living Daylights are a bit shit though - remind me of Arnie's former team members who get whacked at the start of Commando! Bond and trevalyn at the start of GoldenEye is a great sequence though. Suspenseful and cool, with some neat humour in the right tone. The reason the film is so good is that when Trevalyn is revealed as a bad guy, you know he could actually take Bond one-on-one (as he pretty much does in theircracking fight at the close, the only as far as i can remember to feature more than one headbutt).

Btw i presume the guy who frightens Mollaka into action at the start of CR is a 00? Of course it turns into a one man army, commando style attack afterwards.

Oh and i still have the screenplay you were working on beofre, I seem to remember discussing it on the boards way back! I reckon with a bit of refinement it could have potential...

https://twitter.com/Obiwan_desouza

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 7:23:25 PM   
monkeyinmyhead

quote:

quote:

I hear that, a further nail in the franchise of the coffin I thought at the time.

"LOOK AT ME."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 8:42:43 PM   
Private Hudson

I totally agree that I was always interested in the other Double-O's.

I only recently found out about 0011 (which I found bizarre as I thought there were only ever 9 at a time and if one got killed someone else took their codename).

I remember Fairbanks being mentioned and indeed I recall the deaths of 003 (he was already dead in the ice) and 009, and I did know that at the start of the Living Daylights the other two who got killed where 00s.

I love that bit where the SAS guy runs out with live fire and shoots at the land rover!

Of course we had 006, but what about other mentions in the books?

Does seem a bit lame that they only need 2 kills to become a 00.

For feck's sake Bond's killed more like 2,000!

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to monkeyinmyhead)
Post #: 16
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 11:15:34 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Axel Foley

Oh and i still have the screenplay you were working on beofre, I seem to remember discussing it on the boards way back! I reckon with a bit of refinement it could have potential...

I was flicking over it the other day. I REALLY need to refine it. The idea of a mercenary/terrorist group was ok and I liked my 'storming MI6' sequence but I need to remove ALL of my dire one liners. What was i thinking?!

As for Strangways, I don't think he was a 00. Wasn't he a station chief?

I completly agree about Trevalyn. Unlike many of Bond's enemies, we had a foe who could match Bond physically and knew what plans he'd implement ("How is old Q? Still press here do I?"). I loved that for once, Bond was evenly matched.

I think Bond could learn alot from Bauer. Well early Bauer. In Seasons 1 and 2, Bauer needed his colleagues to survive. In the Season 2 finale, he's even saved by a CTU helicoptor.....of course by Season 4, he's a one man army who can storm a terrorist hideout single handedly but my point remains.

Casino Royale has shown Bond is simply a man and it would be good to see him remain so by using his colleagues and hopefully other 00 agents to get the job done.

I always loved it when Bond was aided be it the UK/US/USSR submarine crews in The Spy Who Loved Me (a great action sequence - showing East/West cooperation at it's best!) or Greek smugglers led by Topol in For Your Eyes Only. Of course with fellow 00's, efficency would be higher as would the body count.

< Message edited by Timon -- 20/11/2006 11:41:19 PM >

(in reply to Axel Foley)
Post #: 17
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 20/11/2006 11:49:25 PM   
Private Hudson

But Bond is a loner.

yes he does need help sometimes from the US and the US Marines in particular, but he is our last British glimmer of the days of when Britain ruled the waves.

I think it would be interesting to have the odd Double-O involved, but at the end of the day we want to see Bond take on the bad guys against all the odds and winning.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 18
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 21/11/2006 8:54:47 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

How about having some renegade 00' soldiers like Saunders in Season 3 of 24

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 19
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 21/11/2006 8:57:02 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragar 11(New Birth)

How about having some renegade 00' soldiers like Saunders in Season 3 of 24

Or 006 in Goldeneye?

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 20
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 21/11/2006 11:42:49 AM   
the_equalizer

I'm sure that there were only two 00 agents in the service in the original books. I forget the names now, but Bond shared an office with another agent who was never there.

Fleming also described Bond as living in a flat on a square in Chelsea. Could this be the square at Royal Avenue off of the Kings Road where I believe Mr Moore actually lived a few years ago?

< Message edited by the_equalizer -- 21/11/2006 11:44:54 AM >

"I don't care what you smell, get in there you big furry oaf"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 21
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 21/11/2006 11:55:55 AM   
BigKovacs

Wicked post Timon. Id love to read a short story about other Double Agents or to just find out more about the 00 branch of MI6.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to the_equalizer)
Post #: 22
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 21/11/2006 1:00:49 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: the_equalizer

I'm sure that there were only two 00 agents in the service in the original books. I forget the names now, but Bond shared an office with another agent who was never there.

Fleming also described Bond as living in a flat on a square in Chelsea. Could this be the square at Royal Avenue off of the Kings Road where I believe Mr Moore actually lived a few years ago?

And he had a old Scottish housekeeper called May who mothered him and a secretary called Penelope Smallbone...i think. Strange we've never met these characters in over 20 films but i guess one flirtatious secretary is enough.

(in reply to the_equalizer)
Post #: 23
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 9/1/2008 12:00:23 PM   
Timon

quote:

quote:

With Bond 22 underway, it's interesting that Gemma Atherton has been cast as an MI6 agent called 'Fields'. I doubt she's a 00, she's most likely M's assistant but I'm curious about her role in the new film. Especially considering her age.

Also after watching OHMSS last night, I'm suprised the producers never brought back the character of Marc Draco - the father of Tracy, Bond's wife. I'm sure Bond would have used his father in law's resources ever now and then, considering he was the head of a criminal organisation. Plus they had a nice rapport and the helicoptor assault on Blofeld's Alpine lair is great stuff.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 24
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 9/1/2008 5:55:20 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

I really want to see Tiger Tanaka in the new Bond films, maybe played by Ken Watanabe. BTW, is there any truth to the idea that M is by default designated 001?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 25
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 9/1/2008 6:17:48 PM   
Jack's Rage

This was cool thread. Very impressive work Ti in finding so many 00's. And I completely agree that a scene where they work as team could be exellent.

Btw, I had a crack at writing a Bond script a while back too. And like you it ended up being filled with terrible one liners and inuendo (seriously some of it was as bad as the "Christmas" line at the end of The World is Not Enough). But I like the idea of having a terrorist group storm M16. It would give us a chance to see just what kind of state-of-the-art secuirity they have. As long as you don't fuck it up like 24 did when a small group of feeble looking mercenaries broke into CTU by going through the sewers and cutting a couple of grates that is.

Its already done so shut up!

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 26
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 9/1/2008 6:22:49 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack's Rage

But I like the idea of having a terrorist group storm M16. It would give us a chance to see just what kind of state-of-the-art secuirity they have. As long as you don't fuck it up like 24 did when a small group of feeble looking mercenaries broke into CTU by going through the sewers and cutting a couple of grates that is.

It was so painful watching that. State of the art, cutting edge American security agency and they come in through the sewers. Awful.

(in reply to Jack's Rage)
Post #: 27
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 3/11/2008 6:31:35 PM   
Timon

quote:

First 15mins of DAD are excellent. Nice chase, Bond captured, tortured, being traded with a nice beard (so far so Season 6 of 24 it looks like!), going rogue to find the traitor.................and then he dons hawaiian shirts and cracks one liners that would make Chubby Brown cringe.

I agree about the 'surfing colleagues'. Do we ever see what happens to them?

I just like the feel that MI6 has more men then simply Bond. I like the training mission in Gibralter where the 3 agents have to infiltrate the base and I like the look on Dalton's face as he realises someone is out to kill them. Also the team work between 006 and 007 in Goldeneye shows that if the mission warrants it, agents can work together.

I'd like to this see happen again especially in Bond 22 as 007 will still be finding his feet as a 00 so perhaps some guidance or backup would be useful. Also, I'd like to see Bill Tanner reintroduced like they've done with Felix Leiter. In the books, Tanner is one of Bond's closest friends and esentially M's right hand...and you kind of get the impression of this in Goldeneye and TWINE (also in For Your Eyes Only where he was introduced following Bernard 'M' Lee's death). Either have him or the Chief of Defence, Frederick Grey, a la the Roger Moore films.

Basically I'd like to see Bond have more allies then simply being a one-man Jack Baueresque army.

Nice to see Quantum of Solace reintroduced the character of Bill Tanner!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 3/11/2008 10:06:00 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

quote:

Slight SPOILER

I totally forgot about this thread.

Bond doesn't get it on with Camille in QoS does he? Okay she's not a "double 0" but Bond does mention something about her being ex Bolvian intelligence so you could say I kinda called that right - at least as far as the "not shagging her" part goes.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 29
RE: The 'Other' Double-0 Agents - 4/11/2008 12:31:50 PM   
spark1

they should stop having bond as lone wolf/billy no mates and give him support he has in books-tanner, may, leiter.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> The 'Other' Double-0 Agents Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI