Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdale and Eastenders for!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdale and Eastenders for! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdale an... - 16/11/2006 8:57:19 PM   
Stonedpiggies

Does anyone here watch Hollyoaks? I love it so much, my life revolves around it  lol. Clare's evil though I just want to blow her head off

I still say we should be allowed pics in our sigs, my av just doesn't portray Claires evilness well enough
Post #: 1
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 1:48:21 AM   
Joedini

You must be joking? Badly written, badly acted, just plain bad.

(in reply to Stonedpiggies)
Post #: 2
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 3:40:25 AM   
Twinkle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joedini

You must be joking? Badly written, badly acted, just plain bad.

Quite.  I used to watch Hollyoaks.  Once upon a time it was fairly harmless, brain-switched-off fun.  But now it's so unbelievably shit that I can't even bear to tune in.

Some issues I have:

-  Why must everyone be stunning?
-  Why does every "bad" character completely change personality overnight and turn into a raving lunatic?  (i.e. Toby, Andy, that twin with two names, Roxanne, etc)
-  Why are there never any new characters, but merely retreads of stereotyped characters who have left?
-  Why does everyone act in a completely unrealistic fashion? (e.g. Nicole instantly detesting her brother)
-  Why are the storylines so sensationalist and implausible?
-  Why is the acting so uniformly awful?

I could go on.  There are many reasons as to why Hollyoaks will never rival EastEnders or Corrie*!  For instance: Hollyoaks has no concept of developing and sustaining characters; its storylines are so ridiculous as to be inconceivable; its acting is shite; the whole show is aimed at a teenybopper audience; it has reduced itself to such a low common denominator that any reasonably-intelligent viewer has sought new shores, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

So yeah - it's SHITE.

* Neither of which I watch any more; my soap intolerance has evaporated

In Thom We Trust

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 3
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 1:36:26 PM   
orca

Twinkle - you forgot to mention that about 90% of the cast are long-haired blondes.

(in reply to Twinkle)
Post #: 4
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 1:47:47 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: orca

Twinkle - you forgot to mention that about 90% of the cast are long-haired blondes.

Indeed.  Was Chester the setting for some sort of twisted experiment where they cloned loads of (out of the bottle) blondes or something?

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to orca)
Post #: 5
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 2:05:06 PM   
Peter Griffin

I know this guy http://www.hollyoaks.com/backstage/cast.asp?id=74#content
Went to watch the deftones with him, should of seen the amount of pussy he attracted

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 6
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 2:10:51 PM   
Hardcore Raver

Hollyoaks is ok. I usually watch the omnibus on Sunday morning. It's just a case of switching your brain off and looking at all the pretty people on the screen. It works wonders for a hangover.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 7
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 17/11/2006 4:01:01 PM   
Merly

Terrible terrible show. Would rather scratch my own eyes out.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 8
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 18/11/2006 7:57:30 PM   
24Dan

Its an English version of Home And Away!

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 9
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 18/11/2006 10:42:03 PM   
galvatron

it's so bad it's good! 

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 10
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 18/11/2006 11:12:11 PM   
swan

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

it's so bad it's good! 

indeed!
i love how every character has someone who looks exactly like them.

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 11
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 18/11/2006 11:47:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: 24Dan

Its an English version of Home And Away!

Home and Away can be good though. For the past few months I had to endure Hollyoaks as my sister watches it. I try to prepare the dinner or set the table. I just hate some of the characters. Even ones I'm supposed to like.

For the record though, the brunettes currently outnumber the blondes

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 12
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 19/11/2006 1:22:06 AM   
PyscoUno

i like watching hollyoaks even if it is shitely made in parts but its not as brillaint as neighbours can be, you hav to love the evil harold story  I think all soaps are so bad they're good

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 13
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 25/5/2007 6:31:40 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Bugger.  I just started a wonderful thread and completely forgot about the index at the top.  Sorry mods! Anywho, I used to hate Hollyoaks but the acting has really improved and some of the storylines are very exciting.  John Paul and Craig!!! Hooray! 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to PyscoUno)
Post #: 14
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 21/6/2007 7:48:46 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Cheers! Just watched tomorrows episode - how exciting!  Come on, I KNOW someone watched it....

Post #: 15
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 21/6/2007 9:25:14 PM   
swan

trust if ur gonna was shite watch hollyoaks awwww yeaaaaahh!

i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 16
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 21/6/2007 9:33:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

Cheers! Just watched tomorrows episode - how exciting!  Come on, I KNOW someone watched it....

I watched it, it was actually good. Just when you thought it was setting up one story- Boom! it blindsided you with another.

Post #: 17
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 21/6/2007 9:36:56 PM   
Hex

Even though I know absolutely nothing else thats going on in this show, Ive been randomly following the JP and Craig fiasco through youtube. If only to see Craigs ever changing selection of cardigans and woolly jumpers. And JP inexplicably going home in the middle of the day to play guitar in his underwear.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 18
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 22/6/2007 12:40:47 AM   
swan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

Even though I know absolutely nothing else thats going on in this and woolly jumpers. And JP inexplicably going home in the middle show, Ive been randomly following the JP and Craig fiasco through youtube. If only to see Craigs ever changing selection of cardigans of the day to play guitar in his underwear.

did u watch t4 when stevie jones did his pisstake...was rather humourus

i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 19
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 22/6/2007 10:59:06 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

Even though I know absolutely nothing else thats going on in this show, Ive been randomly following the JP and Craig fiasco through youtube. If only to see Craigs ever changing selection of cardigans and woolly jumpers. And JP inexplicably going home in the middle of the day to play guitar in his underwear.

I LOVE the Jp/Craig story, it's getting really exciting! God bless Craig's wonderous Cardies - they really are a marvel.  You mean you've never sat playing guitar in your grundies just for the sake of it? For shame...

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 20
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 22/6/2007 11:01:46 PM   
DazDaMan

Oooh, a thread where we can take a verbal dump on Hollyoaks!  This place gets better and better....

My ex had me watch it every bloody Sunday, but I tried my damndest to.... distract her...!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

Post #: 21
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 24/6/2007 9:22:40 PM   
Hex

quote:

You mean you've never sat playing guitar in your grundies just for the sake of it? For shame...

No Im trying to cut down on my half naked guitar playing. Craig kept walking in.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

Post #: 22
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 2/7/2007 1:59:00 PM   
anakin solo

I really love watching this show, but i only watch it on sunday for omnibus and it's a soap where you can sometimes have a laugh at some of the characters doing stupid things and also watching darren and his rubbish dress sense, and h.o.n.a.r is great at the end especially when steve jones presents it.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 23
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 2/7/2007 2:02:02 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

quote:

You mean you've never sat playing guitar in your grundies just for the sake of it? For shame...

No Im trying to cut down on my half naked guitar playing. Craig kept walking in.

Always a good thing!

I love HONAR, it's so funny, loved the bit about O.B's loud music.  Bless John Paul and Craig, best couple ever!!!111omglolz!!!!! So who pushed Clare? Personally, I think it's either O.B or Calvin.  Warren was too busy running over Justin.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 24
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 3/7/2007 10:15:57 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

I am addicted to Hollyoaks its probably the only soap that I can stand to watch just because of all the drama and also I love the McQueens can't wait to see the wedding next week. And John Paul & Craig I wish they would hurry up and get together that Sarah really gets on my nerves with the whole 'modelling' business.
Todays episode however, has convinced me that it is probably Calvin purely because of the way he went back to Louise and because he is the least likiest. How wicked is Clare though I really thought Max was going to give into her tonight but now he has turned the tables!!   

Post #: 25
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 4/7/2007 12:16:15 AM   
Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar Kowalczyk

I am addicted to Hollyoaks its probably the only soap that I can stand to watch just because of all the drama and also I love the McQueens can't wait to see the wedding next week. And John Paul & Craig I wish they would hurry up and get together that Sarah really gets on my nerves with the whole 'modelling' business.
Todays episode however, has convinced me that it is probably Calvin purely because of the way he went back to Louise and because he is the least likiest. How wicked is Clare though I really thought Max was going to give into her tonight but now he has turned the tables!!   

I hate Sarah so much, she is getting in the way of true love! *shakes fist at her*  Ooh Max was scary tonight, loved it!  Bit sick of Louise crying all the time though.  Get a hobby woman!

(in reply to Sugar Kowalczyk)
Post #: 26
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 4/7/2007 6:00:50 PM   
Tech_Noir

I was applying for a job on Hollyoaks a while back so I decided to catch a few episodes. I'm not addicted but I have found myself watching it quite regularly.... so many lovely ladies!

Post #: 27
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 4/7/2007 8:32:18 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

It really is the best looking place on earth isn't it? What kind of job did you go for if you don't mind my asking? 

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 28
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 4/7/2007 8:55:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

So who pushed Clare? Personally, I think it's either O.B or Calvin.  Warren was too busy running over Justin.

I think it was Leo

Who'd see that coming?

Post #: 29
RE: Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdal... - 4/7/2007 11:49:26 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Good point!  There is definately something sinister about him! 

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Hollyoaks - The show everyone should ditch Emmerdale and Eastenders for! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI