Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Smallville Season 6 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Smallville Season 6 - US Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 10/11/2006 9:59:39 PM   
Zaphod121

I cant belive theres not already a thread for this, oh well, I've only seen Episodes 1,2 & 5 but I definitly think the introduction of Green Arrow and Jimmy Olsen realy helps the show, and from what I've seen it seems better than the crapness of season 5, anybody else watching this?

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel
Post #: 1
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 11/11/2006 2:18:38 AM   
LB Jeffries

MODERATE SPOILERS

You're right, there really should be a thread for this. I've been watching Smallville since the beginning and in recent years it's been more out of habit than anything else. But I have to say this series (I've watched the first 7 episodes) is gearing up to be the best yet. I would urge anyone who has lost faith in the show to start watching again. Sure there are the odd freak of the week eps which can be a little weak, but it seems there are a lot less of them than before and the additional characters really beef the show up.
The additional characters - The Green Arrow/OliverQueen, Jimmy Olsen, along with the escapees of the Phantom Zone are excellent. Also, Clarke's decision to finally follow Jor-El's training and Oliver's constant hounding him to do more with his abilities looks like we will finally see him become Superman by the end of the series. Martha and Lionel are getting closer and closer and Lois is setting out on the road to becoming a reporter. The Lana and Lex storyline has been less interesting but there was a big plot development in last night's episode, which I will invisio just in case I spoil it: Lana is pregnant by Lex.
Overall a very good start to the season, just hope they can keep it up.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 11/11/2006 11:55:38 AM   
Zaphod121

Anyone else thinks its funny that Lois has a thing for superheroes, first Aquaman, then Green Arrow and eventualy Clark, also I'm very much looking forward to the episode "Justice" where Green Arrow forms a sort of Justice League, I think all the guys who guest stared in previous seasons (Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash) are returning, should be cool.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 3
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 11/11/2006 1:32:14 PM   
beebs_

Well I think that this season has been pretty boring. I hate Lois so this lightswitch (I predicted it!) to journalist (all be shitty journalist) doesn't surprise me but still annoys me no end. I like Ollie, but I don't like that he's nearly taken over the show. I don't like the Chloe/Jimmy pairing. He seems to immature and silly for her. He's a nice guy and everything, but... nah. Lana and Lex bore me. I've lost all respect for Lex due to his poor choice in Lana. What an idiot. This pregnancy thing is just blah. That said I liked the Clark/Lana scene this week. It worked.

You know what I do like! Lionel and Martha! Did you see them this week!??!? Gah! They're the hottest couple on the show. I know it doesn't make any sense as he's tried to kill them all at one point or another, but still! I love him!

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 4
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 11/11/2006 2:14:10 PM   
My Life in Pictures

I'm enjoying this season. When we first saw Oliver Queen I was expecting the wosre but I must say the character has grown on me. The Green Arrow lead episoeds have been the best so far and despite the rediculous costume he's a welcome addition. Also knowing that Lionel might not be a changed man after all is intruiging and his relationship with Martha and Clark is one to keep an eye on.

However there is a huge black spot on the season so far. Lana and Lex have somehow combined to produce one unbelievabley annoying character. Any scene involving either of them can't end sooner and those scenes when they're together, in the Mansion, talking about their relationship and crap are probably the worst scenes from any television show.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 11/11/2006 2:30:37 PM >

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 5
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 13/11/2006 6:37:27 PM   
Zaphod121

I've seen the first 7 episodes and I definitly think this is turning out to be one of the better seasons, I just hope they can keep it up, I love Green Arrow hes so cool, how many episodes is supposed to be in?

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 14/11/2006 10:27:04 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 6
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/11/2006 12:56:11 AM   
My Life in Pictures

***SPOILERS***:

That last episode was pretty average. I'm finding no interest in the whole Lex/Lana saga. I didn't even realise that it ended on a cliff hanger (I must have zoned out). However there was that one part that gets me unbelievabley excited.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 7
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/11/2006 2:44:30 PM   
beebs_

The best thing about the last episode: No Lois.

The worst thing about last episode: Too much Lana.

They had Clark just walking around Seattle for ages. He wasn't at all involved in the main storyline. Lana's still an idiot. The Magnificent Bastard seems to be back on form which is a good thing. Lex is just becoming more and more useless with is stupid love of Lana. Fool!

Hopefully the JLA will be formed soon. Hopefully Chloe will get her 33.1 scoop. Hopefully they'll write Lois out more often.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 8
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/11/2006 9:21:02 PM   
Zaphod121

Hmmm, I seem to be the only one who likes Lois, but I realy think they should kill off Lana, how cruel would that be, Lana the baby and her and Lex's relationship all gone, one can dream. Well Lex has become very boring, he needs to become intresting fast. I heard the JLA ep is going to be episode 11, cant be sure though, I cant wait, also was that guy really Martian Manhunter, hopefully he'll make a return.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 9
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/11/2006 9:43:45 PM   
jay13

I like Lois too, but Lana has been o nthe same track since season 1 a very boring character.

I think it was the Martian Manhunter, with the Oreo's giving away the clues :D

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 8/12/2006 4:17:44 PM   
Zaphod121

there might possibly be a Justice League spin off in the works, and the Justice League are definitly appering in two episodes this season, YAY! CLICK

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 11
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 8/12/2006 7:24:12 PM   
~Angel~

Looking good! Anyway i haven't watched any of the new season yet. Looking forward to it though! I do hope they do something with Lois's character. I would like to see the relationship between her and Clark develop.  I agree with the fact that Lana should be killed off. She is getting really boring now. As someone said she has been the same throughout the entire show with the exception of some really good episodes, Lexmas for example.

Have a feeling Chole is gonna pop it! If she does i will be really gutted as she is my favourite character along with Lex but having said that, killing Chloe would bring out a differerent side to Smallville...a darker side shall we say. Does that make sense??

< Message edited by ~Angel~ -- 8/12/2006 7:26:22 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 12
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 9/12/2006 2:12:55 AM   
beebs_

I've almost finished downloading yesterday's episode... No Lois! Joyous Day!

I really don't get all the Lois love. She's a very unlikable character. Like a mouthy, rude version of Lana. If the writers can't think of a better way to develop characters than have barn doors fly at them/hand them jobs on a plate/kill of Chloe I don't think the show has any hope. As they've done the first two out of three I don't hold out much hope. Character development, remember that? Ever seen, Farscape or Angel? There was plenty of it on there. Smallville? Not so much. Shit just happens out of nowhere (see Lois's CV) and we're meant to accept it. Sorry, I can't.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to ~Angel~)
Post #: 13
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 9/12/2006 3:34:27 PM   
Zaphod121

Wow, episode 9 was craptastic, seriously they need to kill of Lana fast. Well at least were getting closer to the ep "Justice"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 14
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 12/12/2006 8:26:28 PM   
Zaphod121

Holy casts, I just found a trailer for the Justice League episode on youtube, looks god damn amazing! CLICK

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 15
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 12/12/2006 9:42:15 PM   
beebs_

The trailer is great thanks to all the superhero stuff going. But the voice over from both Lana and Lois made me want to slap 'em.

Oh and episode 9 was crap. Well the plot was. But Clark was proactive and pretty so I'll give them that. Oh and Level 33.1.

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 16
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 12/12/2006 10:08:35 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Holy casts, I just found a trailer for the Justice League episode on youtube, looks god damn amazing! CLICK

Genius!! Cant wait for the justice episode!! Thought it was gonna be a kind of x-men good vs evil battle with the justice league and lex's meteor freaks battling it out!!   The bit with all 5 walking towards the screen was cool. Aparently there all going to get superhero names 2??   Whats clarks name going to be?? Aparently they cant use superboy and the flash??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 17
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 12/12/2006 10:31:29 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

Aparently there all going to get superhero names 2?? Whats clarks name going to be?? Aparently they cant use superboy and the flash??

I don't think Clark will have a superhero name but I'm pretty sure the rest will (The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and Green Arrow) I'm hoping to see some tension between Aquaman and Green Arrow seeing as they both fell for Lois, should be fun.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 18
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 7/1/2007 7:49:36 PM   
Zaphod121

New episode soon, yay! and then it will be the episode to end all episodes, Justice League!!!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 19
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 7/1/2007 9:58:22 PM   
The Mighty

The problem with Smallvile is that it never developed past its freak of the week structured first season, and just continues to have plots not even the first season of Buffy would have dared too do. It just gets dumber and dumber, and I'm surprised the whole of fricking Smallvile don't know about Clarks powers yet. Lana and Lex are the two most annoying characters on television, so getting them together was really the worst move imaginable. Scenes with them together are just unbearable. I totally agree with that you're saying about Lois too. And I'm just sick of the constant cheesy foreshadowing.

"Oh, you and me are going to be best friends forever", Clark says to Lex, while they both look into the distance.
"Oh, I'm never going to be a reporter." Lois says to Chole.
"Oh, Lois, you're so annoying. I can't stand you. We're never going to be romantically involved." Clark says to Lois. He might as well be winking at the audience.

And that is the shows only link to the Superman universe, character names aside. And can someone please explain why Lex turned evil? Or if he is even evil? Does Clark just think he's evil? It all happened so quickly. So, why do I keep watching? Firstly, it's sometimes good for a laugh. But also, when it's good, it's very good. Every first and last episode of the season are usually fantastic, and when the show is actually about Superman - the episodes with Christopher Reeves, or The Green Arrow, or Zod, it works really well. But when they do have Zod, or aliens from space, what do they do! They have Clark easily defeat them in he space of an episode, and then have him "clean up the mess" over the space of a night, making way for another freak of the week. And it could be great all the time, but the writers don't try. They would rather show us a woman who has to eat people to loose weight, or a person who can control trees, or another one of the 100's of people randomly affected by the meteorites - who have now been replaced with Phantom Zone escapees, to try and make it seems like it has moved on, when it's really the exact same thing. It's just the same old crap, week after week. The same Clark can't trust Lex, Lex needs to prove himself to Clark, while also not being able to trust his father, Clark pushing Lana away, Clark and Chole figuring something out, and then Chole turning around, but Clark has gone because he has just ran away really fast.

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 7/1/2007 10:01:33 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 20
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 8/1/2007 1:19:44 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

The problem with Smallvile is that it never developed past its freak of the week structured first season, and just continues to have plots not even the first season of Buffy would have dared too do. It just gets dumber and dumber, and I'm surprised the whole of fricking Smallvile don't know about Clarks powers yet. Lana and Lex are the two most annoying characters on television, so getting them together was really the worst move imaginable. Scenes with them together are just unbearable. I totally agree with that you're saying about Lois too. And I'm just sick of the constant cheesy foreshadowing.

"Oh, you and me are going to be best friends forever", Clark says to Lex, while they both look into the distance.
"Oh, I'm never going to be a reporter." Lois says to Chole.
"Oh, Lois, you're so annoying. I can't stand you. We're never going to be romantically involved." Clark says to Lois. He might as well be winking at the audience.

And that is the shows only link to the Superman universe, character names aside. And can someone please explain why Lex turned evil? Or if he is even evil? Does Clark just think he's evil? It all happened so quickly. So, why do I keep watching? Firstly, it's sometimes good for a laugh. But also, when it's good, it's very good. Every first and last episode of the season are usually fantastic, and when the show is actually about Superman - the episodes with Christopher Reeves, or The Green Arrow, or Zod, it works really well. But when they do have Zod, or aliens from space, what do they do! They have Clark easily defeat them in he space of an episode, and then have him "clean up the mess" over the space of a night, making way for another freak of the week. And it could be great all the time, but the writers don't try. They would rather show us a woman who has to eat people to loose weight, or a person who can control trees, or another one of the 100's of people randomly affected by the meteorites - who have now been replaced with Phantom Zone escapees, to try and make it seems like it has moved on, when it's really the exact same thing. It's just the same old crap, week after week. The same Clark can't trust Lex, Lex needs to prove himself to Clark, while also not being able to trust his father, Clark pushing Lana away, Clark and Chole figuring something out, and then Chole turning around, but Clark has gone because he has just ran away really fast.

Superb post.
Perfectly sums up the way I feel about the show. The season finales are always good but then everything's wrapped up by the end of the first episode of the new series. I have been watching it more out of habit than anything else, although, i have kind of liked this series more than recent ones. I like the addition of the Green Arrow and Jimmy Olsen and the Justice League ep. looks like it's going to be great. But like you say, we'll be back to (Phantom Zone) freak-of-the-week episodes as soon as that's over.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 21
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 12/1/2007 10:52:17 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: LB Jeffries

the Justice League ep. looks like it's going to be great. But like you say, we'll be back to (Phantom Zone) freak-of-the-week episodes as soon as that's over.

Well it wont be all freak of the week seeing as the justice league are planning to return for a second episode later on in the season
Anyways I really enjoyed episode 10, Lana was far less annoying, but I hated that she said yes to Lex, Clark your an idiot! It was cool to see some more brief Green Arrow action even if it wasn't the real Green Arrow (something is better than nothing). Next episode is gonna be the shit, can't bloody wait!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 22
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/1/2007 4:58:29 PM   
Zaphod121

Well episode 11 was all I hoped for and more (no Lana, yay!) Impulse was friggin amazing, I loved his costume, god I hope they do a JL series.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 23
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 19/1/2007 11:36:08 PM   
jay13

really enjoyed the episode, good to see them all together, although some of the slo-mo walking was cheesetastic. Still put a smile on my face though :D

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 24
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 20/1/2007 10:03:16 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Well episode 11 was all I hoped for and more (no Lana, yay!) Impulse was friggin amazing, I loved his costume, god I hope they do a JL series.

I loved it, Cheesy but was so cool to see the team working together. Clarks super name?? Boyscout!! haha I told you they couldn't use the flash for some reason? Impulse was ok for a name i suppose? at the end looks like that name may change? clark so wanted to help them, but back to freak of the week.

I would love them to do a spin-off of this or at least a few tv-movies??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 25
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 21/1/2007 10:14:37 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: jay13

really enjoyed the episode, good to see them all together, although some of the slo-mo walking was cheesetastic.

That was laugh-out-loud funny.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 26
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 22/1/2007 12:25:09 AM   
beebs_

As I can't be bothered to type it all out again here's what I wrote on another site...

really enjoyed. More of this please. I even thought Aqua-can't act for shit- man was good?! Baffling! You see, this is the beauty of no Lana in an episode. Lex gets his balls back! Joy!

I love Bart. He's funny. He's Chloe lusting is hilarious.

Mmmmm! Cyborg! I think Bart and him are the only straight ones in the JL. That put your shirt on bit was funny.

Chloe kicked ass, but ya know, that's standard! I'm glad she's in on everything.

Always a pleasure to see the MB back, but I'm just not getting who's side his on.

The only slight downer on the ep was... you guessed it! Lois and Ollie! Sorry, but don't try and tell me those two aren't having sex! I must admit that Lois herself wasn't too bad in the episode. Hell she was a lot better than she usually is. But I guess I don't care much for her character so was a bit bored by her and Ollie's renactment of the 1000 Clana barn scenes. OK, they were much less annoying than any of the Clark/Lana ones, but you know, whatever.

But yeah, good stuff. Bring on next week! Looks interesting...

"Paramasturbatory"?

Post #: 27
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 20/3/2007 3:59:16 PM   
Zaphod121

Just thought I'd reboot this thread to say that I have once agian given up on Smallville, I think the last ep I saw was bits of the one where Clark is lead to belive all of his life was made up (I pretty sure every sci-fi show has pulled that one) and that crap, I just could take it anymore.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 28
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 20/4/2007 10:19:30 PM   
discodave101

anyone found a link for episode 18 that aired on the 19th in america yet? I've not given up on thi show mainly because it passes time at lunchtime instead of me having to sit in the canteen at work!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 29
RE: Smallville Season 6 - US Speed - 20/4/2007 10:26:37 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

anyone found a link for episode 18 that aired on the 19th in america yet? I've not given up on thi show mainly because it passes time at lunchtime instead of me having to sit in the canteen at work!

Dont worry - i've stumbled across it. If anyone wants the link let me know.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Smallville Season 6 - US Speed Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI