Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 12:56:38 PM   
Merly

Second episode was a bit pants I thought. Who cares that Sun broke a crystal ballerina when she was little  
I think all the flashback stuff is a bit unecessary a lot of the time. They should be focussing more on whats happening on the island. Lost has the ability to be so damn exciting but at the moment it's not. It needs to move along at a quicker pace, although the next episode does look good. I like the show and I'll always watch it but it's just not as blow away as the first series was. God the first series was just the dogs.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 91
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 1:32:52 PM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

Second episode was a bit pants I thought. Who cares that Sun broke a crystal ballerina when she was little  
I think all the flashback stuff is a bit unecessary a lot of the time. They should be focussing more on whats happening on the island. Lost has the ability to be so damn exciting but at the moment it's not. It needs to move along at a quicker pace, although the next episode does look good. I like the show and I'll always watch it but it's just not as blow away as the first series was. God the first series was just the dogs.

That was a stupid flashback...Ok Sun can lie, great one! I just think it would be better instead of keep taking us off the island action if Sun just shouted out " I had an affair with a man who looked like an Alien!!"
I get confuesd in Lost when people call Jack - Dr. Shepard what like McDreamy? lol.
The First Season was AMAZING...lets hope we can go back to that.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 92
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 1:40:55 PM   
Merly

quote:

I get confuesd in Lost when people call Jack - Dr. Shepard what like McDreamy? lol.

LOL. Yeah me too. I'm sat there going " which show am I watching now".

Although the thought of Patrick Dempsey in the Jungle does appeal

I agree that was a daft flashback too. So she lied to her dad when she was a kid and was quite happy for the maid to take the blame. so what? kids do that all the time. Surely it's not indicative of the way you behave when you're an adult necessarily. Poop.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 93
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 5:50:00 PM   
FrenchMachine

I've been a die hard Lost fan since it first started. Never missed an episode. Season 1 was superb. Season 2 not so good but it had a lot to live up to. But, after watching the opening  parts of Season 3, it really does look to me that they have no idea where they are trying to take this show.

If I had been a first time viewer of Lost, then on the strength of those 2 episodes the other night I would probably have never watched it again. There was no evidence there of some of the great episodes that have gone before.

I'm a patient man, but if they don't start doing something more exciting in the next few episodes I may actually switch off for good.

I don't expect everyone to feel the same as me, but I really am starting to feel cheated every time I watch it. They reveal nothing each episode and are now filling most of the running time with seemingly (at this time) pointless and usually very uninteresting flashbacks. The cleverest part of the show is the tiny preview at the end of each episode, that makes next weeks show look like unmissable television, only to get there and be blown out......again!!!

Here's hoping it gets better.

This stuff will make you a God damn sexual Tyrannosaurus..................Just like me!!!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 94
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 7:14:10 PM   
Grunny

What I found bizzar about the Season 1 and 2 catch up episode thing is they didnt even mention the things I found most intressting e.g Polar Bears, Smokey Thing, Claire being kidnapped. The catch up was a very basic version about them and the others.

And in these 2 opening episodes why didn't we get to see the remaining surviours, did that white blast thing kill them all?! lol, why has noone mentioned the white light of doom that filled the sky?!?! ANSWER PEOPLE! I need them

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to FrenchMachine)
Post #: 95
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 7:22:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grunny

What I found bizzar about the Season 1 and 2 catch up episode thing is they didnt even mention the things I found most intressting e.g Polar Bears, Smokey Thing, Claire being kidnapped. The catch up was a very basic version about them and the others.

The catch up was made for US tv, there was a catch up for season 1 before the second one aired over there. They didn't want to repeat themselves about Claire's kidnapping and the smoke-monster etc opting instead to focus on the Others as they will be seen more in season 3.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 96
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 8:53:14 PM   
demondemon

i plan to watch the first 2 episodes tomorrow night on sky 2.

but is anyone else just a little pissed off with the way things are spoiled in magazines and on tv? i casually glance at a magazine article only to see something which i didnt know. i know i shouldnt look. but... just pisses me off.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 97
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 9:29:46 PM   
ecg

That does upset me when you read it in a magazine.  I don't watch corrie or eastenders etc but i know everything that happens because it's on the front page of tv magazines.  I think that is just plain nonsense where is the suspense?

Oh back to Lost i think it is quite intriguing just now. I am looking forward to finding out who the others really are.  No doubt there will be a whole load of others flashbacks like we saw at the start of the first episode.

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 98
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 24/11/2006 9:57:57 AM   
Base

I took the flashback with the ballerina to show how scared Sun is of her father (and later showed others afraid of him).  I'm wondering if he will have a bigger role to play, perhaps he has something to do with the Hanso Foundation??

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to ecg)
Post #: 99
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 24/11/2006 10:03:56 AM   
Sinatra

When's the 3rd episode shown on Sky?

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 100
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 24/11/2006 11:13:10 AM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

When's the 3rd episode shown on Sky?

Sunday night at 10pm.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 101
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 25/11/2006 6:10:19 PM   
ecg

First three lost episodes for free on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/lostonskyone

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 102
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 25/11/2006 8:05:19 PM   
demondemon

i think it will get better when we find out WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. they really dragged the first 2 episodes out. we dont really need to see kate and sawyer working and jack refusing to eat for 80 minutes. i always felt sun and jin are pointless characters and their flashbacks are dull. my guess is it's showing sun can kill and brings her closer to jin even though he didnt kill her dead shagger friend though she thinks he did. sounds like she's gonna have to kill some people this season. its in danger of becoming shit unless they answer some questions pretty damn quick. we've had too many cliff hangers that remain unanswered.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 103
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 26/11/2006 5:44:14 PM   
Spider

Really need a question answered (due to idiots in my house wanting to watch I'm a fucking Celebrity). Last week Lost was on a kinda "multi-start" thing on digital, so you could start watching at any 15 minute interval, does anyone know if this is going to happen for tonights episode as well? I can't find anything about it.

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 104
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 26/11/2006 6:06:52 PM   
jenzie

no multistart for the rest, as it was just for the first two!

and STOP BEING SO DAMN IMPATIENT PEOPLE
difficult enough to make a multi-character series, without being pressured into rushing things ...... this is a slow burner, with lots of storylines to tell!

it's still an enthralling series to me, and cannot wait until tonights episode, and see how locke, eko and desmond get out of their situation!!

but thanks to skyone's bludgening trailer, we KNOW that locke is still here

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 105
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 8:42:23 AM   
Base

Tought that was a lot better than the first couple of episodes!  Tho it had the most annoying flashback cliffhanger yet, feck knows when we'll see the resolution of that one!!!

Locke and Eko have the most interesting back stories & flashbacks to me.  Sawyers were good but after establishing why he became a conman they don't seem to have done too much...

Thought it would be longer until we found out what happened to Locke, Eko & Desmond...

Anyway, who is going to slap Charlie around this series, only to turn to him for help later on???

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 106
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 9:08:06 AM   
Pinkvelvet

Thought it was a great episode, apart from the fact that the polar bear looked pretty crappy.

Completely intrigued as to why Desmond was able to predict what Locke said, is he now a precog or is he part of the Dharma Initiave and forget when he was supopsed to know things.  Why does he look so malnourished this season?  He also reminded me of a Jesus Christ figure standing at the waters edge throwing stones at the end, not sure if that means anything or not.

Loved the nod to Lord of the Rings, with Charlie regarding the line about the trees are great conversationalists, he had some great dialogue this episode, particularly the bit about if Locke is taking drugs, would he hit ihimself in the face.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 107
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 9:15:03 AM   
Spider

Meh, didn't really like the 3rd episode. Too trippy, didn't really go anywhere, the flashback was okaay but overall it wasn't a patch on the first two.

I loved the preview of the next episode!! "Kate in a cage", followed by a clip of her taking her top off, Sky One obviously knows where it finds it's audience.

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 108
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 10:13:23 AM   
Grunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

Meh, didn't really like the 3rd episode. Too trippy, didn't really go anywhere, the flashback was okaay but overall it wasn't a patch on the first two.

This episode did nothing for me, it even managed to be unexciting with some polar bear action. Why did no one on seem to care about that giant white blast thing?! lol

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 109
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 10:26:23 AM   
BullRing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grunny

quote:

This episode did nothing for me, it even managed to be unexciting with some polar bear action. Why did no one on seem to care about that giant white blast thing?! lol

I felt pretty much the same way. I mean really, what was the purpose of Boone wheeling around John in some random, parallel universe Airport thing? We've already seen one nutjob hallucinating about people (Hugo & and his bald (in)mate) so why another? For a show that is a slow burner, God, you can really tell when there's a filler episode.

Didn't really like the back story as you do start to feel for that the creators have just  made John the put-upon character. 'His life was sh*t before the crash', yes we get it already!

You now start to get why he put the hurting on Sayid so as not to attempt a distress call don't you?

"My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?"

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 110
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 11:15:05 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: BullRing
I felt pretty much the same way. I mean really, what was the purpose of Boone wheeling around John in some random, parallel universe Airport thing? We've already seen one nutjob hallucinating about people (Hugo & and his bald (in)mate) so why another? For a show that is a slow burner, God, you can really tell when there's a filler episode.

I think there may have been a lot of foreshadowing in that little segment.  Kate & Sawyer together and Jack alone for one thing and Desmond as a flight captain.  What else was in there?  Charlie & Claire playing happy families and Sayid, Jin & Sun moping around together?!  Hugo serving everyone

I didn't twig the LotR tree joke (& I apologise profusely for that pun )

(in reply to BullRing)
Post #: 111
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 12:16:03 PM   
vernieboy

Watched all three episodes last night as i missed them last week and i have to say i quite enjoyed them. I think sometimes its better to save up the episodes and watch several of them at a time as you don't end up as frustrated with the cliffhangers or lack of answers you get from watching one at a time. Definately enough to keep me going though and having watched the first two series won't be switching off anytime soon

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to BullRing)
Post #: 112
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 5:42:11 PM   
Rob

I liked last night's episode.  Not a classic but had some great little moments.  When Boone was pushing Locke round the airport and saying things like Charlie and Claire were fine......for now.  Desmond's little "slip up" and his Christ like pose

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 113
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 6:38:12 PM   
buffy

I loved last nights episode and not just because the gorgeous Ian Somerhalder made a guest appearance. (Although I loved the scene when he was pushing Locke through the airport)
I think the hatch must've done something to Desmond when it blew up, I hope we don't have to wait to long to find out what.

In every generation there is a chosen one

Member of COBW

Last 5 movies

Airplane 4/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Casanova 3/5
Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End 3/5
Alpha Dog 4/5

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 114
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 27/11/2006 7:07:48 PM   
Merly

I enjoyed last nights episode emmenseley. I liked the whole wierd trippy dream like thing. Anyone spy Kate in the airport looking a knock out  

I also liked the back story for Locke, usually they bore me a bit but last nights was good. The guy who played Tom Cruises annoying son in War of the Worlds was in it I see

Interesting that des predicted what Locke would say  He sure is a very intiguing character.

Yeah the polar bear looked kinda naff but I did enjoy Lockes heroics with Charlie in tow.

Quick question, how is Hurley still the size of a house? Is he still hoarding peanut butter and Mayo.

(in reply to buffy)
Post #: 115
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 28/11/2006 12:12:19 PM   
Spider

quote:

Quick question, how is Hurley still the size of a house? Is he still hoarding peanut butter and Mayo.

When are people going to get over his weight? It's gettin really old now. I don't understand why, even if there wasn't a vague explanation as to why he isn't losing weight quick, people care so much about it. It seems to be the biggest criticism from anyone who doesn't like the show "how come that fat guy is still fat", as if that's the most important thing going on on the island.

That wasn't a rant aimed at anyone in particular.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 116
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 28/11/2006 12:46:16 PM   
darth silas

just thought that id let you good folk know that here in ireland we are ahead of you folks regarding season 3 of lost on rte 2 by about two weeks.so if you cant wait for your next fix and you can get rte 2 over there,watch it on that channel!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 117
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 28/11/2006 12:48:46 PM   
darth silas

is it just me,or is charlie extemely annoying and the show would be a lot better off if they killed him.a painfully slow death preferably!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 118
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 28/11/2006 12:50:59 PM   
tbird

Finally managed to watch the first 3eps and wow! I am blown away!!! Why isn't Lost this good every week?

This week's episode was  my favourite so far. Just love Locke and Charlie together. Such comic chemistry.

Wanted to ask a question which will probably make me look stupid - was the main guy at Locke's cannibis growing place one of the others on the island? He looked ever so familiar to me.....?

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 119
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 28/11/2006 1:10:32 PM   
Merly

quote:

quote:

When are people going to get over his weight? It's gettin really old now. I don't understand why, even if there wasn't a vague explanation as to why he isn't losing weight quick, people care so much about it. It seems to be the biggest criticism from anyone who doesn't like the show "how come that fat guy is still fat", as if that's the most important thing going on on the island.

That wasn't a rant aimed at anyone in particular.

Erm..... I was kidding hence the big grinny smiley at the end. Jeez lighten up.

quote:

just thought that id let you good folk know that here in ireland we are ahead of you folks regarding season 3 of lost on rte 2 by about two weeks.so if you cant wait for your next fix and you can get rte 2 over there,watch it on that channel!

oooo Lucky you, however we can't get RTE over here and usually there's a very good reason for that.

Is it just me or is Irish TV just awful? I lived in Dublin for a year so I think I know what I'm talking about when I say that.

< Message edited by Merly -- 28/11/2006 1:14:00 PM >

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI