Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 10:07:59 AM   
Base

Hmmm, maybe the same force that healed Locke, Rose and Jin keeps their hair from growing or them losing any weight...! 

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 61
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 12:29:30 PM   
Gealen

As i see it guys this season puts things right with the show and sweeps season 2 under the rug. You'll enoy it.

It will be interesting to see in 6 weeks if we do get ahead, it happens with Stargate after all.

quote:

Hmmm, maybe the same force that healed Locke, Rose and Jin keeps their hair from growing or them losing any weight...!

Except  we've seen people cutting peoples hair, shaving etc and they still have a whole lot of the dhama food left. I think hurley's lost a lil weight in the near 70 days they have been there.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 62
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 12:51:28 PM   
Merly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

kill michael off puuuuuuuuuuuuurlease. he's so stupid, annoying and ignorant. with a bit of luck he'll fuck off with walt and not come back until the end of the season. apart from michael killing the girls and charlie going all 'i need my smack' loopy. the season was good. but it's about time hurley lost weight and a few people let their hair grow. i know the show has an image and a story to keep moving and it is only a tv show. but i cant help but laugh. we just need a little more realism.

Have you ever thought of watching something else while Lost is on?

Really gets on my nerves when people watch a show like Lost and bang on about it being unrealistic.
It's not supposed to be realistic. It's a TV show. It's entertainment. If it was realistic it would be thoroughly boring to watch. If we were going for realism there wouldn't be black smoke floating about with a mind of its own, Polar bears and god knows what else. We'd be sitting watching a bunch of people try and catch fish and cook them round a camp fire.

Anyway sunday is nearly here and for those of you that haven't seen the first episode I can tell you it's very good

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 63
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 12:55:12 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gealen
Except  we've seen people cutting peoples hair, shaving etc and they still have a whole lot of the dhama food left. I think hurley's lost a lil weight in the near 70 days they have been there.

Ok, the flashback that shows who worked in a salon and keeps them all looking so good

I'm only kidding anyway.  I saw a clip of Sawyer early on and they do look different, it's just subtle over time so it's not so noticable...

If it was realistic it would be like Tom Hanks in Castaway

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Gealen)
Post #: 64
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 12:58:42 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

If we were going for realism there wouldn't be black smoke floating about with a mind of its own, Polar bears and god knows what else. We'd be sitting watching a bunch of people try and catch fish and cook them round a camp fire.

Maybe he should watch I'm a cunt get me out of here.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 65
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 17/11/2006 4:25:32 PM   
Moonpixie

BLOODY SODDING NEWSPAPER

I just accidentally saw a massive spoiler that the lovely TV section decided we should all know about! Bastards!!!

I was somewhat dismayed by it, too, but can possibly understand the reason why.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 66
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 18/11/2006 10:10:24 AM   
demondemon

yes its a tv show. i just find funny that these hardcore fans disect every second of the show yet dismiss any of these realism questions as 'well its only a tv show'. i just know that no questions i want answered will be answered in the first 4 weeks. they just tease you like that. but is it at the stage where its gonna get a bit bonkers and too far up its own arse? all tv shows end. how long can/will they drag lost out for? 

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 67
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 19/11/2006 9:24:56 PM   
Spider

35 minutes to go! I haven't been this excited since, well, the start of Season 2! Sod my History coursework, Lost is on TV!

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 68
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 19/11/2006 10:02:42 PM   
xim123

118 - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My Film Diary

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 69
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 19/11/2006 10:09:31 PM   
Pinkvelvet

Fantastic start!!

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 70
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 19/11/2006 11:56:58 PM   
Spider

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

What an absolutely fantastic start to the series! Of course, it threw up more questions than ever, but my god was it exciting and entertaining! It also had brilliant moments of emotion, the bit where Jack asked whether Sarah was okay was one of my favourite Lost moments I reckon.

I hope we do get back to the other survivors soon though, although the Next on Lost bit (how weird was that?!) suggests I needn't worry.

So excited, so enfuriated, roll on Season 3!

Also, well done to Sky for taking on Lost Season 3 and handling it well. So pleased to see the Iain Lee podcast back, and also that there are plenty of repeats if you miss it first time around. And there weren't tooooo many ads either. And don't worry about 118, they belong with Lost, it could be worse!

< Message edited by Spider -- 20/11/2006 12:00:24 AM >

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 71
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 11:30:09 AM   
discodave101

quote:

Cracking start I agree. Whats this 118 stuff you've both mentioned or am I being dim?

Anyway - i'm glad sky one bought lost otherwise I'd be waiting another 3-6 months to watch this series!

Doesn't seem to be many people on this forum tho, which suprises me.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 72
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 11:33:40 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Whats this 118 stuff you've both mentioned or am I being dim?

118 sponsor Lost, they have skits before & after the adverts.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 73
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 12:48:23 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin
quote:

Of course, sorry. I was just reading it as saying one hundred and eighteen and thinking " what the f*ck have I missed in the lost plot!"

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 74
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 1:26:26 PM   
xim123

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

quote:

quote:

Of course, sorry. I was just reading it as saying one hundred and eighteen and thinking " what the f*ck have I missed in the lost plot!"

You mean you don't know about the hatch with 118 engraved around it?

My Film Diary

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 75
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 1:47:07 PM   
Base

Cool start, the plane break-up looked fantastic!!!

Guessing that the first 6-part block will move around the various groups that were left at the end of series 2.

Really looking forward to next weeks after the Next on Lost trailer...!

This thread won't be a patch on what it was when it was on terrestrial tho

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 76
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 3:17:24 PM   
buffy

I loved the season premiere, great episode with some questions answered (I was right about The Others being Dharma people!) and again some more raised.
I didn't like the second episode as much but it was ok, I think the third is going to be the best so far from what I saw on the next on Lost bit.

Highlight to read in case some of you don't wanna be spoiled
Ian Somerhalder is in it!

In every generation there is a chosen one

Member of COBW

Last 5 movies

Airplane 4/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Casanova 3/5
Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End 3/5
Alpha Dog 4/5

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 77
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 3:29:11 PM   
Base

Ratings have dropped...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6165448.stm

Bit obvious tho, surely, as only a fraction of people have Sky?!  And it is getting so many repeats it's unsurprising some people didn't watch the second when it'll be on again.

(in reply to buffy)
Post #: 78
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 4:28:28 PM   
Rob

Good start and as ever poses loads of questions.  I do understand people that think it's too slow but for me I think it's one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.  Love every minute of it.

And as for the viewing figures on Sky I think they pretty impressive all things considered.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 79
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 5:27:36 PM   
Zaphod121

A fairly average start to the season, I really don't whether I can be botherd with another whole season of finding out nothing, allthough the start was very cool, but after that it was quite dull.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 80
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 6:32:58 PM   
Brock

quote:

quote:

I suppose that losing those sponsor ads when the show moved over to Sky was too much to hope for.

I was glad to catch up on the first few episodes of season 3  a little earlier though.

< Message edited by Brock -- 20/11/2006 6:35:29 PM >

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 81
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 7:15:26 PM   
obsessive_chick

I absolutely loved it. I was going "What the hell is happening?" at the beginning though. And at the end. Though it was really sweet when Sawyer kissed Kate. I hated that smart-assed comment he made when they got back in their cages. I was like: "Dude, you're supposed to say 'Because I love you'". Anyone else think Sun pushed that guy off the balcony? Everyone on that damn island is a killer. Well, we know that Eko and Locke aren't dead, but what about Desmond? I can't wait for next weeks episode- the church is back on track. WOOT!

(in reply to Brock)
Post #: 82
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 9:10:10 PM   
Spider

quote:

ORIGINAL: obsessive_chick

Anyone else think Sun pushed that guy off the balcony?

According to the Podcast there have been a lot of rumours like this, however the writers said they wished they had made it more clear that he really did jump himself because that is what happened. Of course, you never know with Lost but it seems that it was suicide.

I like Sawyer a lot more after those two episodes, and I nearly cheered out loud when he said my favourite line "Sonofabitch!"

(in reply to obsessive_chick)
Post #: 83
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 20/11/2006 9:24:43 PM   
Zaphod121

shit didn't realise there two episodes showing I only recorded the first, are they repeating at all?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 84
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 21/11/2006 1:48:48 AM   
Joedini

118 is still there?? HA! makes me chuckle. they are the reason I stopped watching it on tv

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 85
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 21/11/2006 2:15:28 AM   
soderbergh1

i really enjoyed it. great couple of episodes for sawyer fans (like me!!) but i agreethat i'd like to see what the other islanders are up to. the reaction from benjamin/henry gale when that girl told him sayid + had a yacht was priceless.

roll on next week...

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 86
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 21/11/2006 8:24:48 AM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

shit didn't realise there two episodes showing I only recorded the first, are they repeating at all?

Yeah, and the second one was like, awesome, but hey, you gave up on it, ah well   (repeated Wednesday I think)...

Obsessive_chick, I don't know if you'll consider this a spoiler or not since it's been transmitted, but could easily be missed...

Desmond is in the main credits now

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 87
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 21/11/2006 1:08:19 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

(repeated Wednesday I think)...

thanks, I'm not really that keen on Lost but for some reason I can't stop watching

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 88
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 21/11/2006 7:53:27 PM   
obsessive_chick

Thanks for that. Probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 89
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 23/11/2006 10:35:07 AM   
Grunny

I loved season1  and I gave up on season 2 half way thru but I watched the catch up episode thingy and watched the first 2 of episodes of season 3, they were OK, I hate Jack, I think he is rubbish human being. I just hate him. The flashback are rubbish I prefered them when they actually intressting.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI