Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 14/11/2006 7:12:34 PM   
Moonpixie

So, seen as though I won't be watching until later in the new year (thus won't be participating in this thread) I just wondered, does anyone have any predictions for what they think may hapen in season 3? Did anyone catch Damon Lindelof's statement in the DVD that the show will take such a turn midway through the season that he predicts no one will see it coming?

Also, what things do you hope will or won't happen?

Speak!

(in reply to Happy_Feet)
Post #: 31
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 11:26:36 AM   
Peppermint

I hope there'll be less Kate.  I don't see the need to have her in every single episode.

More Sawyer is what's needed, imo.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Moonpixie)
Post #: 32
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 11:39:54 AM   
Base

Kate was originally supposed to be the lead character and Jack was to have died in the pilot, that would have been different!!!

Predictions for next year, midway through the season, Hurley will eat Charlie...!

I don't know what the big twist will be, they are the last humans alive maybe??

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 33
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 12:59:54 PM   
Merly

quote:

Predictions for next year, midway through the season, Hurley will eat Charlie...!

That would be something to see. I think Kate is gonna be just as prolific in this series. She's eye candy, thats why she's in every episode.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 34
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 1:46:20 PM   
Moonpixie

Oh yes, I agree Kate will be just as prolific; especially since I feel the love triangle will be amped up in this season. I'm guessing Kate will "choose" Jack but sleep with Sawyer in a fit of passion  I agree with you about Kate, though, Peppermint. She's not half as interesting as the writers seem to think she is.

Other predictions for the season;

- Through the capture of our Losties we'll learn more about the Others and their motivation - also their potential part in the Dharma Initiative. Maybe even an Other flashback, Henry Gale maybe.

- We'll be introduced to new characters that are also being held captive by the Others.

- We'll learn more about the history of the island - things such as the Black Rock and the four-toed statue will be explored.

- There'll be a Dannielle flashback.

- Sayid will hatch a plan to rescue the other three but I have an unfortunate gut feeling that unless Sayid is mixed back into the thick of the action then he may not have a long future on the island.

- A spanner will be thrown into the works of the budding Claire/Charlie romance.

- Possibly, a real-time story may exist off the island involving Penny Widmore. I'm sure we'll learn more about her and her father through Desmond's FB's, but considering they ended S2 with off-island activity then I think they may pick up on this possibility further into the series.

- Locke and Eko will either become arch-enemies or team up to try and decipher the mysteries of the island.

Now as for things I personally hope will or won't happen:

- I hope the producers claim of lots of love and sex for this season doesn't come to fruitation. I don't mind some romantic sub-plot but I'm more interested in the non-sexual relationships on the island.

- I hope things don't go too far off into a science tangent. I don't want Dharma to be the be-all and end-all to the mysteries of the island.

- I hope new characters aren't introduced at the expense of existing characters.

- I hope there is some follow-up to the Michael/Walt storyline. Walt seemed so key to the island in S1 that I hope his growth spurt hasn't prompted the writers to abandon his or Michael's story.

- I hope the hatch is gone. It provided the survivors with too many creature comforts and the button angle needs to be over but to also lead into another development in the story.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 35
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 2:00:34 PM   
Base

I think the Swan hatch will be gone or severely changed, but new hatches will be discovered and become central to the plot.  I don't think Dharma will be the be all-end all of the mystery of the island, something must have cleared them all out of there.

The off island story with Penny & her father will be hinted at and lead into someone in the outside world finding out about the island at the end of the season, leading into a bigger story of the outside world in season 4.  Either someone who wants it all covered up (Penny's Dad?) or someone who wants to rescue them (Penny?), either way they will struggle to locate the island throughout season 4.

I don't think Walt will have a major role in the remainder of the story, but think he will be back to some point.  Possibly to be exorcised by Eko...

And Moonpixie, you've worried me now, they can't kill off Sayid!!!! 

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Moonpixie)
Post #: 36
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 2:03:10 PM   
tbird

I really like the idea of a Danielle flashback. Would be so great to find out how her daughter was taken away from her.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 37
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 2:37:46 PM   
Peppermint

I think killing off Sayid would be a big mistake, but then again, as has been pointed out, he was totally underused in Season two.

I'd rather they got rid of Claire to be honest as she doesn't really contribute anything to the story.  I also think the woman that's married to Bernard is underused as well (can't remember her name, which just proves my point, I think).

I would also like to see the conclusion of the Michael betrayal storyline, preferably with Jack being the one that gets revenge cos at least it would mean he wasn't backing down for once.

"What, again?"

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 38
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 3:12:24 PM   
Base

If Micheal does come back to resolve that storyline, I'd hope that he can try to find redemption for what he's done (that's what a lot of people seem to be on the island for after all), even if it's at the cost of his own life.  It was a terrible thimng but it's not like he did it for selfish reasons...

I think I said in the season 1 & 2 thread, I think Bernards wife (Rose?) will be killed off this year.  The healer in Oz told her he was able to heal because of the magnetic fluctuations where his house was, but it wasn't enough to help her.  She was cured when she went to the islands which had greater magnetic properties, if they are now gone, I think her cancer could return....

Course that means that John will fall flat on his face and Jin will have to start driving a BMW to compensate for something again too...

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 39
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 15/11/2006 6:56:42 PM   
Moonpixie

I'm hoping that none of the original characters will be killed off this season. I don't want the show to finally come to an end with practically a new cast as opposed to the one it started out with.

Base - I hope they're not even considering bumping off Sayid but he was so badly neglected in S2 that I actually thought he was going to bite the bullet in the season finale. I'm not sure there is enough room for all these top tier male characters and if they decide to get rid of anyone it would be Sayid. But here's hoping not

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 40
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:03:43 AM   
BullRing

I'd be more happy with them killing off Jack & James rather than Sayid. That whole 'will they, won't they' thing with Kate is insipid.

They would not survive without Sayid. His army background helps the other 815ers to understand (in small doses) their surroundings and the behaviour of the other island inhabitants. Without him they would already have been picked off one by one.

Locke would already have had his throat slit by Henry if it weren't for him. He also knew that Michael had been compromised by his elongated stay with the The Others and was able to survive his own stay with Danielle long enough to tell the 815ers about her and her stay on the Island.

Sayid goes, then so do I.

"My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?"

(in reply to Moonpixie)
Post #: 41
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:19:01 AM   
Base

I don't think Jack will go, if only because his Dad seems important somehow, he shows in more of the characters stories than anyone else seems to.  And I hope they don't kill off Sawyer, but they really should bring the love triangle story to a close.  They'll probably have Jack & Sawyer get together, no one will see that coming

(in reply to BullRing)
Post #: 42
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:20:51 AM   
Peppermint

Who's James again? I can't remember him at all.

"What, again?"

(in reply to BullRing)
Post #: 43
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:28:46 AM   
tbird

James is Sawyer's real name (James Ford)

I really don't want Sayid to go!

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 44
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:29:27 AM   
Base

James is Sawyer's real name

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 45
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:30:30 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

Who's James again? I can't remember him at all.

James Ford...Sawyer.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 46
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:32:34 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moonpixie

Oh yes, I agree Kate will be just as prolific; especially since I feel the love triangle will be amped up in this season. I'm guessing Kate will "choose" Jack but sleep with Sawyer in a fit of passion  I agree with you about Kate, though, Peppermint. She's not half as interesting as the writers seem to think she is.

Other predictions for the season;

- Through the capture of our Losties we'll learn more about the Others and their motivation - also their potential part in the Dharma Initiative. Maybe even an Other flashback, Henry Gale maybe.

- We'll be introduced to new characters that are also being held captive by the Others.

- We'll learn more about the history of the island - things such as the Black Rock and the four-toed statue will be explored.

- There'll be a Dannielle flashback.

- Sayid will hatch a plan to rescue the other three but I have an unfortunate gut feeling that unless Sayid is mixed back into the thick of the action then he may not have a long future on the island.

- A spanner will be thrown into the works of the budding Claire/Charlie romance.

- Possibly, a real-time story may exist off the island involving Penny Widmore. I'm sure we'll learn more about her and her father through Desmond's FB's, but considering they ended S2 with off-island activity then I think they may pick up on this possibility further into the series.

- Locke and Eko will either become arch-enemies or team up to try and decipher the mysteries of the island.

Now as for things I personally hope will or won't happen:

- I hope the producers claim of lots of love and sex for this season doesn't come to fruitation. I don't mind some romantic sub-plot but I'm more interested in the non-sexual relationships on the island.

- I hope things don't go too far off into a science tangent. I don't want Dharma to be the be-all and end-all to the mysteries of the island.

- I hope new characters aren't introduced at the expense of existing characters.

- I hope there is some follow-up to the Michael/Walt storyline. Walt seemed so key to the island in S1 that I hope his growth spurt hasn't prompted the writers to abandon his or Michael's story.

- I hope the hatch is gone. It provided the survivors with too many creature comforts and the button angle needs to be over but to also lead into another development in the story.

Some of those predictions are very close...but which ones

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Moonpixie)
Post #: 47
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 11:59:41 AM   
libertine

I'm hoping that when series 3 returns next year it will be around the time of 24 which would mean every sunday there would be a new ep of 24 and Lost!! But it seems to good to be true.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 48
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 12:40:03 PM   
Shifty Bench

Mr Ecko is on Simon Mayo's show on Five Live after 1pm today.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 49
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 1:04:17 PM   
Brundlesflies

Okay, I'm after your opinion on this one.

I actually bailed out of Lost mid-way through season 1. Don't know why, I kind of enjoyed each episode when I saw it but was becoming increasingly sick of having more and more questions asked, yet scant few answered. So, having had the entire series on Sky + I deleted them and haven't watched it since.

However I did catch the summary of the last 2 seasons on Sky One last night night and, to be honest, it really got me interested again. Obviously they condensed 2 seasons into an hour(ish) which is, I guess, the equivalent of making a trailer for a film (and we all know how deceiving they can be!) but it did look as if I stopped watching just as things started to pick up, and to be fair, the majority of the programme seemed to be around season 2

So, my question is (finally!) should I start watching again? If so, do I really need to go back to the beginning or can I pick up series 3 based on last nights programme? Your opinions on this would be appreciated

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 50
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 1:47:37 PM   
Peppermint

Yes, I think it is worth watching and no, you don't need to go back to the beginning.  I think there was enough info in the last few episodes for it to make sense if you started watching again from Season 3*

*Don't blame me if you still think it's pants after a few episodes of the third season

"What, again?"

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 51
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 2:31:06 PM   
vernieboy

Really looking forward to the new series have resisted the lure of the download so will be watching this every week. Just listening to Eko on Simon Mayo didn't realise he was a london boy!!

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 52
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 3:21:46 PM   
BullRing

quote:

ORIGINAL: vernieboy

Really looking forward to the new series have resisted the lure of the download so will be watching this every week. Just listening to Eko on Simon Mayo didn't realise he was a london boy!!

Yep, used to be a Binman if I recall. 

I almost forgotten about the outside presence that was discovered at the end of Season 2. Saying  that though, none of the promos on ABC for the 1st few eps on Season 3 have have even mentioned it. Why do these people have to be so cruel!!

"My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?"

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 53
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 3:35:49 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

Yes, I think it is worth watching and no, you don't need to go back to the beginning.  I think there was enough info in the last few episodes for it to make sense if you started watching again from Season 3*

*Don't blame me if you still think it's pants after a few episodes of the third season

Cheers, I think I might give it another go, then, third time's the charm so they say.

*My girlfriends already told me she'll ban it if I start shouting and swearing at the telly again

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 54
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 3:37:55 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

Cheers, I think I might give it another go, then, third time's the charm so they say.

*My girlfriends already told me she'll ban it if I start shouting and swearing at the telly again

Oh, I swear at the TV all the time, but luckily I live on my own so I don't have to put up with people telling me to stop

"What, again?"

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 55
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 6:49:15 PM   
Moonpixie

quote:

I just think that if you keep in mind that the show is not going to answer all the really big questions just yet and just allow the story to unravel at it's own pace then you might be able to enjoy it better. Smaller questions have been answered and some loose ends tied up, so it does happen, and I think the pay-off is more appreciated when you've patiently waited for it.

I think the only prob w/ watching a recap show and then diving in to watch the next series is that the recaps tend to just show you all the big events and none of the smaller, subtle clues/connections. But it's worth giving it another go

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 56
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 7:51:36 PM   
demondemon

kill michael off puuuuuuuuuuuuurlease. he's so stupid, annoying and ignorant. with a bit of luck he'll fuck off with walt and not come back until the end of the season. apart from michael killing the girls and charlie going all 'i need my smack' loopy. the season was good. but it's about time hurley lost weight and a few people let their hair grow. i know the show has an image and a story to keep moving and it is only a tv show. but i cant help but laugh. we just need a little more realism.

(in reply to Moonpixie)
Post #: 57
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 9:26:37 PM   
BullRing

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

kill michael off puuuuuuuuuuuuurlease. he's so stupid, annoying and ignorant. with a bit of luck he'll fuck off with walt and not come back until the end of the season. apart from michael killing the girls and charlie going all 'i need my smack' loopy. the season was good. but it's about time hurley lost weight and a few people let their hair grow. i know the show has an image and a story to keep moving and it is only a tv show. but i cant help but laugh. we just need a little more realism.

Realism? In a show that has Polar Bears on a tropical island? That has living black smoke that chases people? Where people with life-defining disablilties have suddenly found that these disabilites and illnesses have disappeared?

If the show had more realism, someone would have found the lot of 'em before Claire had even given birth.

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 58
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 9:31:24 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

Have you ever thought of watching something else while Lost is on?

"What, again?"

(in reply to demondemon)
Post #: 59
RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread - 16/11/2006 9:53:17 PM   
Pinkvelvet

Nooooooo  Sayid cannot die!!  They better not kill him off or I shall be one very grumpy mummy grrrrrr

At the beginning of Season 2, I really disliked the first 4 or 5 episodes and was shouting at the tv in frustration.  Then I had a 6 month or so break and watched it all again when it came on tv and loved it second time around.  I want to know what the foot statue is all about and I want to see Sawyer with his trousers around his hips a lot. :D

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI