RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

belluccisbra -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (14/12/2006 2:58:22 PM)

on the mend- may appear at the end of April/ start of May.
To be honest hes only one of 13 first teams out at the minute so hes not a priority it the midfield thats been devasted, still we have Nicky Butt![8D]

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (14/12/2006 3:54:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Completely agree mate.... and glad you're starting to see Robben in the same light as me.[sm=happy34.gif]

yep he was very good, i think hes always a handful to play against and creates chances but he just annoys me sometimes because he often doesnt make a team effort. Although when hes mucking in, like he was last night i have more time for him even if things he tries dont come off, ya kno what i mean. If hes working hard to win the ball and close down, then he earns himself the right to the benefit of the doubt if things dont quite come off for him in front of goal. He was very unlucky not to score last night, i think im right in saying Given saved it, it certainly looked that way on the big screens, if so, great save! I would be very inclined to continue to play Robben now as i think hes hitting form and hes infinately more creative and useful than Sheva or Ballack! i think we have already sacrificed points this year through persisting with the narrow team, more so in the League than Europe. As a Chelsea fan it is great to see a player like Sheva (whos done so much in his career) wearing the shirt, however i cant help but think we should be buying players (especially forwards) who are younger, with raw talent, who can grow and improve at the club. Players with desire to win their first trophies etc, just like the team that won the League and Carling cup 2 yrs back, it was a team which featured a lot of good players who were yet to win anything (jt, lamps etc) their desire was so great and still is. I think players like Torres, David Villa etc etc are young guys who want to forge out a successful career rather than try to re-enforce a career that has already seen its peak (Sheva).

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 3:33:44 PM)

Fuck me what a game.  3 amazing goals stole the game for us as Everton were well worth a point.

Boularouz almost cost us dear again, I would expect that a couple of defenders to come in during the transfer window as we look very suspect at rb and obviously struggle when terry or Ricardo are injured.

Lets hope we can start not waiting till we go behind before stepping up a gear in future and that this may be the kick up the arse we need.

Good seeing Frank and Drogba playing well we would be fucked otherwise. I have to say though its sad to hear Jose talking shit again, this time about Johnson (who didnt even appeal for a penalty), he really should be concentrating on a fantastic victory instead.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 4:01:51 PM)

Great game, great goals, great Drogba!

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 4:36:13 PM)

As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say this but they were 3 great goals, but what do you Chelsea fans think of Ballack?? Personally I think he did fuck all today and then scored a great free-kick and then did fuck all after that! Great player but seems to coast through games likes he's disinterested.

And re Drogba. THIS is when he shows how good a player he can be, great finish and the turn and shopt that it the post and the control and turn before he blazed over were superb skill. So why does he have to then be such a git by diving or theatrics, and moaning about everything to the ref?? (I thought the ball boy dropping the ball at his feet was great! And it was good to see he saw the funny side!)

Then again, I suppose with Craig Bellamy I can't really talk about a player people love to hate, although he doesn't dive half as much!'
Great goals, unlucky for Everton to get nothing and Drogba showing why he can be a great player.

[:)]

So what about Ballack? Lazy waster or settling in?

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 4:47:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablohoolio

As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say this but they were 3 great goals, but what do you Chelsea fans think of Ballack?? Personally I think he did fuck all today and then scored a great free-kick and then did fuck all after that! Great player but seems to coast through games likes he's disinterested.

And re Drogba. THIS is when he shows how good a player he can be, great finish and the turn and shopt that it the post and the control and turn before he blazed over were superb skill. So why does he have to then be such a git by diving or theatrics, and moaning about everything to the ref?? (I thought the ball boy dropping the ball at his feet was great! And it was good to see he saw the funny side!)

Then again, I suppose with Craig Bellamy I can't really talk about a player people love to hate, although he doesn't dive half as much!'
Great goals, unlucky for Everton to get nothing and Drogba showing why he can be a great player.

So what about Ballack? Lazy waster or settling in?

I would like to say settling in but who knows, only time will tell. 

I completely agree that he has surely got a lot more to offer than he's currently showing but to be honest the same could be said about half our team!
He shows his class in patches but in games like today he has a tendancy to let players stroll pass him when defending.

As for Drogba to be fair his attitude to 'gamesmanship' is miles better than it used to be, now on the odd occasions he does go down he actually seems to be think 'shit I've done it again' and jump back up! [:D]

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 4:50:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack
As for Drogba to be fair his attitude to 'gamesmanship' is miles better than it used to be, now on the odd occasions he does go down he actually seems to be think 'shit I've done it again' and jump back up! [:D]

I thought today he was his best in that respect. The ball boy thing was funny, and he did see the funny side. But he was brilliant today, no denying that. Great finish and he terrorises people. He isn't the most subtle of players but some of his turns and shots are superb.

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 4:55:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

I thought today he was his best in that respect. The ball boy thing was funny, and he did see the funny side. But he was brilliant today, no denying that. Great finish and he terrorises people. He isn't the most subtle of players but some of his turns and shots are superb.

I know its like Jose's comments after the match, why do it!!?? We have a great game of football, and maybe even have the chance to gain a few neutral fans and he manages to fuck it up.

The same applies to Drogba, if he could keep his theatrics down (which like I said he seems to be improving) and his form and obvious care free attitude up, he could gain much more of a world wide respect

Boring Prophet -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 6:01:09 PM)

Looks like you guys are still in the game. Come on you 'ammers!

borstal -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 7:30:45 PM)

Two wonderful kicks and you get 3 points!

Biggest shock of the day...Drogba not going down like a two bit ho'.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 7:53:09 PM)

i have to say about Drogba, that he still goes down easy at times, but his attitude towards the rest of the game is now very good. When there was a little fracas involving Ballack, Drogs got in there and calmed it down, he doesnt not moan at the ref loads, in fact his attitude towards the officials is much improved, hes grown up alot and people shouldnt say hes as bad as all that, cause hes really not now. Believe me, most chelsea fans, myself included fucking hated it when he dived all over the place, but the lads grown up and he deserves the success hes getting this season.

also wanna say he does a huge amount with regards to defending, especially from corners, free kicks etc. He used to play centre back as a kid and it shows, he has really mucked in with defensive duties, its good to see.

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 8:31:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

i have to say about Drogba, that he still goes down easy at times, but his attitude towards the rest of the game is now very good. When there was a little fracas involving Ballack, Drogs got in there and calmed it down, he doesnt not moan at the ref loads, in fact his attitude towards the officials is much improved, hes grown up alot and people shouldnt say hes as bad as all that, cause hes really not now. Believe me, most chelsea fans, myself included fucking hated it when he dived all over the place, but the lads grown up and he deserves the success hes getting this season.

also wanna say he does a huge amount with regards to defending, especially from corners, free kicks etc. He used to play centre back as a kid and it shows, he has really mucked in with defensive duties, its good to see.

That's what I was getting at. Today he showed how good he can be and just forgot about all the histrionics, but last week against Arsenal it was all there again. I don't know because im a Liverpool fan, but does he do it more at home? Some of his antics last week, throwing his head back when slightly touched, diving, getting invloved in situations (usually by standing in front of the ref shrugging his shoulders when it doesn't even invlove him!) were all there to see.

I like him because he played against us V Marseille a few years back and basically bullied our defence off the park and was superb. And today he showed that without all the other stuff he is a player to be admired. The turn and shot when he hit the post and the control and turn before that were world class. Brilliant goal by the way, Howard didn't move!

Not sure my emotions today. On one hand, wanted Chelsea to get beat as it would have meant Liverpool would have halved the gap in a month, on the other, wanted Everton to get beaten as usual! Ho hum!
[:D]

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 8:57:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

That's what I was getting at. Today he showed how good he can be and just forgot about all the histrionics, but last week against Arsenal it was all there again. I don't know because im a Liverpool fan, but does he do it more at home? Some of his antics last week, throwing his head back when slightly touched, diving, getting invloved in situations (usually by standing in front of the ref shrugging his shoulders when it doesn't even invlove him!) were all there to see.

I like him because he played against us V Marseille a few years back and basically bullied our defence off the park and was superb. And today he showed that without all the other stuff he is a player to be admired. The turn and shot when he hit the post and the control and turn before that were world class. Brilliant goal by the way, Howard didn't move!

Not sure my emotions today. On one hand, wanted Chelsea to get beat as it would have meant Liverpool would have halved the gap in a month, on the other, wanted Everton to get beaten as usual! Ho hum!

i have to hand it to you for saying anything positive about Drogs, i think he is pretty much disliked by alot of other fans, (although i think this is because many just believe stuff in the papers, and commentators etc so havent noticed the change in him this year). So cheers for that, [sm=happy34.gif]

i think he tries to get away with some theatrics in Europe, because he knows hes more likely to get away with it, and it will benefit the team because you get free kicks for anything in Europe, whereas in the League he knows that refs let alot more go, so diving serves no purpose. I agree that it still remains a part of his game, and probably always will to a certain extent, however, as i said before, his general attitude towards the game and the refs is very very good. Im a regular at the bridge, so obviously see alot more than is shown on the highlights, and he respects the refs, and nearly always tries to calm situations.
When Mikel got sent of earlier in the year, the kid was going nuts, he was really distraught at getting sent off in his first start, and it looked like he wasnt going to leave the field. Drogba ran in there and walked (well actually he had to haul) Mikel of the field, all the way. He calmed the kid down and stopped the situation from escalating. I know thats something you would expect from the older pro, but its a clear indication of Drogbas change in attitude.

Like i said before though, cheers for having any nice words to say about a Chelsea player! Particulary Drogba, and it was totally our pleasure to turn over Everton for ya![:D]

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 11:29:49 PM)

quote:

i have to hand it to you for saying anything positive about Drogs, i think he is pretty much disliked by alot of other fans, (although i think this is because many just believe stuff in the papers, and commentators etc so havent noticed the change in him this year). So cheers for that, [sm=happy34.gif]

Like i said before though, cheers for having any nice words to say about a Chelsea player! Particulary Drogba, and it was totally our pleasure to turn over Everton for ya![:D]

Hey, I don't mind giving credit where it's due, and anyone can see he's a good player when he turns it on! [:)]
And yeah, mixed emotions for me but always good to see Everton drag defeat from the jaws of victory! (They NEVER do Liverpool ANY favours!). One of these days us reds will actually watch Everton take points off the big boys when it helps us for once. [:@]

AND my brother is an Everton fan!

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (17/12/2006 11:33:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

always good to see Everton drag defeat from the jaws of victory! (They NEVER do Liverpool ANY favours!).

[:D][:D][:D] drag defeat from the jaws of victory[:D][:D][:D]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (18/12/2006 9:36:12 AM)

Jose said some tittish things again but his brilliance with subs proved decisive once again... fucking superb.

Great w/e.... but Utd are still in the drivers seat.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (18/12/2006 11:49:34 AM)

Great game, great goals and great result!  Obviously getting a bit worried at 2-1 and I was sure Utd would win at West Ham and that'd be an 8 point lead again

Bit disappointed with Jose as I think he was very harsh on Johnson...he didn't even appeal for a pen himself really

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (18/12/2006 3:39:52 PM)

What does everyone think will happen with Sheva. The more i think about it the more i feel that Jose was perhaps told he wanted Sheva if ya know what i mean. The poor guys just not fitted in, and people keep saying hes world class and that he will find his form, but it pains me to say i dont think he will. Do you think we will go buy someone maybe David Villa in Jan and if we do, can you see Sheva going by the end of the season?? I really really really like the guy, i think hes a class act as a person but his style of play just isnt fitting in. Hes coming so deep looking for the ball its not at all how he used to play when he was at his best, he should be where Drogs is standing, but clearly we cant drop Drogs cause hes totally on fire this year, and hes worked his arse off. Its just unfortunate for Sheva that he cant play as the highest man and the target man cause the club hes joined has a guy so in form theres no way he can be left out. Its unfortunate but i cant see Sheva improving and scoring if hes picking the ball up in his own half, thats not where hes gonna score loads of goals from.

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (18/12/2006 9:29:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Jose said some tittish things again but his brilliance with subs proved decisive once again... fucking superb.

Great w/e.... but Utd are still in the drivers seat.

Why does he do it? If a manager talks about the ref after a game he gets an FA charge.

Johnson is a diver, and as a Liverpool fan ill hate him forever more after THAT 3-0 ([sm=34.gif] but what does Jose expect him to do? He was pushed, only slightly mind, and then he had to jump the goalie. He couldn't have stayed on his feet if he tried and he didn't claim a pen and a pen wasn't given, so why can't Jose just stop with the incessant incendiary comments?

Why can't we all admire a great game and great goals we saw rather than talking about a tiny incident in the game that doesn't warrant all this arguing, which is all solely down to Jose. Again.

Thing is, if Peter Kenyon wants Chelsea to be the biggest club on the planet and be loved by millions maybe he better advise his manager that after a great fightback by his team, and some wonderful, world class goals that would earn his team some respect and plaudits, he spoils it all by making bitchy unessesary comments to make everyone ignore the match and get into a big slanging match about Andy Johnson. His team wins, he shows great tactics, his forward shows that he is on the way to winning player of the year and then he has to turn attention away from that and is now being threatened by legal action by Everton. Ridiculous really. Reign him in Kenyon for god sake and maybe people will like you more. And i'm not saying this because im a red (well I am I suppose!) but Liverpool were disliked when they won trophy after trophy purely for that reason, not because of their attitude or arrogance of the manager, like Chelsea. He doesn't really do himself any favours does he?!

And as a Liverpool fan I must say he's a great man manager, and just because he has money doesn't mean automatic success will come (Real?) so he is clearly a great manager (two titles / league cup / Champions league year before that!). But he's worse than Warnock for shit stirring and thats saying something!!

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (18/12/2006 9:31:31 PM)

quote:

What does everyone think will happen with Sheva. The more i think about it the more i feel that Jose was perhaps told he wanted Sheva if ya know what i mean. The poor guys just not fitted in, and people keep saying hes world class and that he will find his form, but it pains me to say i dont think he will. Do you think we will go buy someone maybe David Villa in Jan and if we do, can you see Sheva going by the end of the season?? I really really really like the guy, i think hes a class act as a person but his style of play just isnt fitting in. Hes coming so deep looking for the ball its not at all how he used to play when he was at his best, he should be where Drogs is standing, but clearly we cant drop Drogs cause hes totally on fire this year, and hes worked his arse off. Its just unfortunate for Sheva that he cant play as the highest man and the target man cause the club hes joined has a guy so in form theres no way he can be left out. Its unfortunate but i cant see Sheva improving and scoring if hes picking the ball up in his own half, thats not where hes gonna score loads of goals from.

We'll have him if you don't want him!

I think his confidence looks shot to pieces. Great player, just maybe not what Mourinho wanted style wise?

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (19/12/2006 9:05:39 PM)

the amount he loses the ball is actually unbelievable. I cant get my head around how a player of his quality can lose the ball so much. i think its slightly a product of the league he came from but still. anyway i hope he improves cause i really do like him.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 2:14:28 PM)

Let us pray he takes his opportunity tonight.

It is rather disheartening though to watch my Favourite Player of the last 10-12 years sucking at the club I've supported all my life and have long awaited his arrival....[:(]

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 4:07:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Let us pray he takes his opportunity tonight.

It is rather disheartening though to watch my Favourite Player of the last 10-12 years sucking at the club I've supported all my life and have long awaited his arrival....[:(]

i know, its painful isnt it. Hes so nice as well, im just willing him to do well, i cant help but feel we bought him to late though. Hes not over the hill, but hes not young enough to be at his best and he needs to be to adapt to the league.

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 4:33:21 PM)

Sheva is fine. The problem is he needs a playmaker in the team to support him. Unfortunately Chelsea don't play with one and his game is suffering from it. He's being forced to drop deep and collect the ball while at Milan he had Kaka to simply get him the ball so that he could do what he does best; score goals. It would be the same if Chelsea signed any other pure striker like Van Nistelrooy, Owen or Villa for example. I think if Chelsea started to play with proper wingers you will get the best out of Shevchenko. At the moment with Makelele, Essien, Lampard, Ballack you'll be able to dominate any midfield in the World for strength but at the cost of creative flair.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 4:39:45 PM)

doesnt hide the fact that he loses the ball like its nobodys business!

nice av by the way[:)]

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 4:55:18 PM)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/6196799.stm

im pleased hes come out and said this.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 5:36:22 PM)

I don't really care what Mourinho says to be honest, we always get criticised but at least he can admit when he might be wrong. (when he's in a generous mood)[:D]

David Moyes is a miserable git sometimes though and no one mentions it.

Oh well another blown out of proportion comment is left for dead until someone else has a problem with Chelsea, let's get a good win tonight.  [;)]

pablohoolio -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 8:05:24 PM)

quote:

I don't really care what Mourinho says to be honest, we always get criticised but at least he can admit when he might be wrong. (when he's in a generous mood)[:D]

David Moyes is a miserable git sometimes though and no one mentions it.

Oh well another blown out of proportion comment is left for dead until someone else has a problem with Chelsea, let's get a good win tonight.  [;)]

Mate, no offence but it wasn't blown out of all proportion. As emz is saying, its good that he apologised. Mourinho was wrong and Everton, Johnson and Moyes were dead right to complain. Even Oliver Holt, a journalist who very, very rarely critisises Mourinho and tends to defend him and Chelsea all the time, admitted that this time Jose was totally in the wrong. Get off the 'us against the world' band wagon your manager has everyone on and just see for once that sometimes, just sometimes, Jose says the wrong things that may bring the game into disripute. Other than that he's a great manager.

If he had said what he said as vociferously as he did against a ref then we would have been charged by the FA. He was wrong, full stop.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 8:16:05 PM)

" Us against the world' I have never been on that band wagon i'm afraid in fact I'm the first to criticise Chelsea and Mourinho, past posts are evidence of this.

You seem to have failed to notice my "cheeky wink" too.

Didn't mean to sound like a twatish 5 second Chelsea fans.

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread - Its officially the official thread! (20/12/2006 8:49:04 PM)

quote:

" Us against the world' I have never been on that band wagon i'm afraid in fact I'm the first to criticise Chelsea and Mourinho, past posts are evidence of this.

You seem to have failed to notice my "cheeky wink" too.

Didn't mean to sound like a twatish 5 second Chelsea fans.

Fuck me this us 'against them' mentality is not some new Chelsea trick, its always been it football.  Its the reason why we support one specific club and have rival teams.

Go and check out some of the other teams message boards, because it seems you cant defend the team you support nowdays (if its chelsea) without being branded some Jose lapdog.

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI