RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (31/10/2006 2:51:29 PM)

Or... I'd like to think that Jose will take a risk and put out a really attacking side.
He knows we'll get our 1 point eventually - so why not try to help knock out Barca
and win it..! Even if we lose tonight the group is still ours to win, so I'd be inclined to
throw caution to the wind and go for it big time.[:D]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Chelsea Thread (31/10/2006 2:56:33 PM)

Throwing caution to the wind doesn't really fit into Mourinho's personality! I would love to see Barcelona booted out at the group stages but they will turn it on at some point more than likely

WilliamMunny -> RE: Chelsea Thread (31/10/2006 3:06:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

I'd like to think that Jose will take a risk and put out a really attacking side.

[sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif][sm=happy07.gif]

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 12:46:12 AM)

way hey fucking get in there!!!!!! love it!!!!

i know people talk bout robbie and drogs diving a bit but fucking hell those spanish midgets fall over everything!!! i wish shitting commentators would actually pick up on it!!

anyway well done the lads altho robbies miss was fucking chronic, we did well loving frankies beautiful goal and drogs, jt , ess , coley the whole lot of them lads are legends!!  i went nuts when didi scored i was so sure we were gonna lose tonight

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:58:58 AM)

You're reacting like you won the game.

Peter Griffin -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 8:41:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Getting a draw in the final minutes away at the champions of europe is kind of the same.

WilliamMunny -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 9:13:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

i know people talk bout robbie and drogs diving a bit

Drogba dives "a bit". Robben however dives each and every time he has the ball.

As for last nights result, i predicted 2-1 Barca, so wasn't too far off. A (very) shaky start by Chelski but came back into it and were probably worth a point overall.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 9:15:54 AM)

quote:

I think most teams would celebrate winning in the nou camp especially after they were twice down but had a lot of the better play.
Chelsea have taken 5 points off the European Champions, I think thats worth a shout or two. Althought I'm sure United fans would of been totally level headed if they did the same. [;)]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 9:16:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

Getting a draw in the final minutes away at the champions of europe is kind of the same.

Exactly fucking superb display.
Their keeper was excellent otherwise we'd have embarrassed them.
Their best spell came in the half hour after their second goal but we never gave up.
Lamps was outstanding and is back to his best - to be fair he's played superbly in his last 4
games, his goal was just breathtaking and defied logic???
A lot of booking though and that might come back to haunt us but what a display.
I'm very proud to be a Chelsea supporter today! [:)]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 9:25:41 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

Exactly fucking superb display.
Their keeper was excellent otherwise we'd have embarrassed them.
Their best spell came in the half hour after their second goal but we never gave up.
Lamps was outstanding and is back to his best - to be fair he's played superbly in his last 4
games, his goal was just breathtaking and defied logic???
A lot of booking though and that might come back to haunt us but what a display.
I'm very proud to be a Chelsea supporter today! [:)]

The Barca press have gone mental, battle, mugging etc. Accusing Chelsea of kicking Barca off the pitch which is a little rich in my eyes. I thought it 6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other. Frank was impressive but a couple of times he gave the ball away in silly areas. The ball to Robben and support play was sublime and I for one I'm glad he has had this game against a team like Barca.
I don't think the booking will bother Chelsea they are already through so they can rest and rotate.  Personally I would be tempted to put out the kids against the Germans. If they win 1-0 so what it only puts Barca out leaving Chelsea needed to beat Sofia to win the group. Risky maybe but it would be the perfect revenge on Barca, and stir it up nicely for next season then the balls are heated again. [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 10:51:15 AM)

I've been a big critic of Frank in the past, but fuck me that goal and that pass to Robben was just sublime. If that had been Messi or Ronaldinho everyone else would be creaming their panst about it.

Have to say my favourite bit of the game was Terry booting the ball right into Deco's nuts [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] 

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 11:07:50 AM)

quote:

Have to say my favourite bit of the game was Terry booting the ball right into Deco's nuts [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] 

Indeed... and he fucking deserved it.
Terry looked like he quite enjoyed it.... one minute Deco is rolling about in agony - the next second he springs up
to have a go at Terry for kicking the ball in his nuts...

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 11:23:46 AM)

My prediction of an un-eventful game was spot on then!  Great stuff!

Marquez is a dirty bastard but he's also a lucky bastard...he gets away with stuff like that week in week out

The only downside really was after playing so well in the game at The Bridge Boulahrouz was at fault for both goals

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 12:18:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I think most teams would celebrate winning in the nou camp especially after they were twice down but had a lot of the better play.
Chelsea have taken 5 points off the European Champions, I think thats worth a shout or two. Althought I'm sure United fans would of been totally level headed if they did the same. [;)]

I'm never going to be completely happy if United only get a draw, no matter the opposition, this is a competition full of the biggest teams in europe and you should feel your own side should be able to beat any team on their day, home or away. Although I can understand it slightly seeing as these two teams have built up a rivalry in recent years.

It's more the fact people saying they played sublime that I don't get, Chelsea didn't play sblime and neither did Barca, it was stop and start from beginning to end, it was foul after foul and dive after dive from both sides. I could never be happy with United if that's the way they started playing during a game regardless of whether the other team was doing the same or not. The actual football was good throughout most of the game, but sublime? No it wasn't.

I hope I'm not sounding bitter here as I didnt intend to, Chelsea normally play brilliantly, even if it can be a very boring and defensive game, but it's still great efficient football, last nights wasn't.

Hobbes79 -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 12:28:50 PM)

I think Chelsea were disgusting last night, as were Barcelona. I don't think I've ever seen a game with such a huge amount of cheating and diving and playacting. It was embarrassing to watch. Drogba in particular should be ashamed of himself. He's 6ft4 and about 14 stone and yet he takes every oppertunity to roll around on the floor as if he's broken a nail. Essien wasn't much better. Amazingly hypocritical considerint Mourinhio's comments about Barcelona (who were just as bad) in the run up to the game.

No wonder I'm getting less and less interested in football with teams like these apparently the best there is to offer.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 12:51:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbes79

I think Chelsea were disgusting last night, as were Barcelona. I don't think I've ever seen a game with such a huge amount of cheating and diving and playacting. It was embarrassing to watch. Drogba in particular should be ashamed of himself. He's 6ft4 and about 14 stone and yet he takes every oppertunity to roll around on the floor as if he's broken a nail. Essien wasn't much better. Amazingly hypocritical considerint Mourinhio's comments about Barcelona (who were just as bad) in the run up to the game.

No wonder I'm getting less and less interested in football with teams like these apparently the best there is to offer.

When in Rome...

Hobbes79 -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 12:53:12 PM)

That's a poor excuse. 

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:02:09 PM)

quote:

Our dives were nothingm compared to theirs though, and I lost count of how many times they surrounded the ref
to try and get players booked.

Who said we played 'sublime'??

matty_b -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:06:08 PM)

Well I said that Lampard's goal and pass to Robben were sublime.

Cos it's true[;)]

Hobbes79 -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:14:32 PM)

quote:

Our dives were nothingm compared to theirs though, and I lost count of how many times they surrounded the ref

Well I already commented that the Barcelona players were also a disgrace. However, when it gets to the stage that you have to ahve the statistics of "who dived more" in order to try and gain some sort of moral high ground for Chelsea then we might as well just give up completely!

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:25:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well I already commented that the Barcelona players were also a disgrace. However, when it gets to the stage that you have to ahve the statistics of "who dived more" in order to try and gain some sort of moral high ground for Chelsea then we might as well just give up completely!

[:D]
[kids voice] Yeah, but they dived more....! [kids voice]

Boring Prophet -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 1:39:04 PM)

Any clips of Terry kicking the ball into Deco? I can't find any.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 3:04:46 PM)

the HUGE difference between some chelsea players diving a bit and barca is that robben, drogs make the most of things, some other players go down sometimes but are clever about it, BUT barca en masse as a cohensive team constantly fall over, its their game plan!!! the reason the game didnt flow is because Barca fall over so much to break up play, its like their team ethic to fall over, and they are often not over the top dives or theatrical but its just consistant falling over when any physical pressure is applied. Chelsea on the other hand have a couple of players who dive and Robben is the worst! Drogs has been good recently but becoz its a euro match he knows he can get away with it more than in the league, however it is not our team ethic to fall over and back out of physical aspects of the game, JT doesnt fall over EVER, lampsy and Ballack dont fall to their knees at every challenge, Essien DOES NOT either OK!!!! this is the difference so people who say Chelsea acted disgracefully are watchin a different game and simply buying into the myth that is perpetutated by the media that we are a team of cheats!!

and Jose's point about Eidur was not that he is a cheating player it was exactly the opposite! he was stating the Ediur is not that kind of player, that in 6 years at Chelsea he didnt not have this reputation and behave in that way, however he joins Barca and pressure is applied to play in that way. His dive at the weekend was disgraceful and if it had been a Chelsea player you would not have heard the end of it. Jose was simply raising the issue that diving to gain an advantage is part of the Barca (and many teams in Europe) way of playing and that it had affected a player who was not that way. he was not saying Eidur is a cheating basturd he was illustrating how this behaviour would not happen in England because press and fans kill players for it, however in Europe teams are allowed to play this way!

WilliamMunny -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 4:02:06 PM)

quote:

the HUGE difference between some chelsea players diving a bit and barca is that robben, drogs make the most of things, some other players go down sometimes but are clever about it, BUT barca en masse as a cohensive team constantly fall over, its their game plan!!! the reason the game didnt flow is because Barca fall over so much to break up play, its like their team ethic to fall over, and they are often not over the top dives or theatrical but its just consistant falling over when any physical pressure is applied. Chelsea on the other hand have a couple of players who dive and Robben is the worst! Drogs has been good recently but becoz its a euro match he knows he can get away with it more than in the league, however it is not our team ethic to fall over and back out of physical aspects of the game, JT doesnt fall over EVER, lampsy and Ballack dont fall to their knees at every challenge, Essien DOES NOT either OK!!!! this is the difference so people who say Chelsea acted disgracefully are watchin a different game and simply buying into the myth that is perpetutated by the media that we are a team of cheats!!

and Jose's point about Eidur was not that he is a cheating player it was exactly the opposite! he was stating the Ediur is not that kind of player, that in 6 years at Chelsea he didnt not have this reputation and behave in that way, however he joins Barca and pressure is applied to play in that way. His dive at the weekend was disgraceful and if it had been a Chelsea player you would not have heard the end of it. Jose was simply raising the issue that diving to gain an advantage is part of the Barca (and many teams in Europe) way of playing and that it had affected a player who was not that way. he was not saying Eidur is a cheating basturd he was illustrating how this behaviour would not happen in England because press and fans kill players for it, however in Europe teams are allowed to play this way!

Woah, seriously defensive!

Chelsea have players that dive. Drogba and Robben are the worst offenders yes, but Essien, Joe Cole, Carvalho, Ferreira, Ballack, in fact most Chelsea players are not exactly appauled by the idea of taking a tumble.

Both teams were at it last night, and to deny it is just stupid. Barca were bad yes, but Chelski were equally at fault.

Oh, and for the record i am a Gooner and am well aware of the players in red that go down too easily.[:D]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 4:31:19 PM)

Bloody entertaining stuff last night for all the right and wrong reasons. Great goals, skill, diving, faking, fouling, scuffling etc. etc. Have to hand it to Frank he done alright and Ashley Cole proved what an asset he is in Europe. Shame Ballack went AWOL otherwise it could have been a famous victory. Boring Chelsea? Didn't see it last night - they matched Barcelona for ability every step of the way.

Boring Prophet -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 5:13:59 PM)

quote:

What's bias?

jimminycrickets -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 6:51:44 PM)

quote:

Pull your head out of your arse. Cole(S), Carvalho, Lampard, Wright-Phillips, Ballack, Essien, Shevchenko, Ferierra, Drogba and Makelele (remember against Monaco - still the worst ever dive in my mind) all go down like cheap hookers in a lift. Chelsea fans do my fucking head in, Barca were bad but you guys were equal to it.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 7:26:07 PM)

ur full of shite!! u dont watch every chelsea match do u??!! u dont watch ever second of every game!!!? so Ballacks a diver!! Ferreira falls all over the place yer yer right tells us another!!! anyway this is a chelsea thread , we dont come on ur thread chatting shite bout ur team so dont do it here. if u truly believe that that list of players are divers u are simply showing how little u know about football.

jimminycrickets -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 7:32:47 PM)

Yeh, you're right. I'm only basing it on watching Makelele, Shevchenko and Ballack play for a decade, what do I know! I've stayed out of this thread thus far, but this "Chelsea players don't dive" rhetoric makes me fucking furious, as it does if Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool fans claim that it's all the dirty foreign teams as well. Every team in world football dives, get over it.

BigBadWolf -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/11/2006 7:36:02 PM)

The first rule of Chelsea Club is you must not speak about Chelsea Club

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI