RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2014 1:24:23 PM)

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2014 1:41:17 PM)

Hazard has just been talking about how he's looking forward to playing with the number 10 on his shirt... I dont think he's going anywhere this season.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (6/6/2014 12:57:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I thought he'd pretty much said he was staying. Of course, everything can change, particularly if he has a really good WC. IMO Hazard has the basis to become one of the 3-5 players in Europe, I hope he achieves that in the PL.

I don't see an argument for not getting Lukaku back. Chelsea lost the PL campaign last season when they lost to Sunderland, and I think that is the type of game where the physicality of Lukaku can have a big impact. Comparing Chelsea's season to Liverpool and City they scored many fewer goals. I know this is a facet of how the teams are set up, but when you've got a player who can contribute around 15 PL goals, I don't see how you don't have him in the squad. If I were Jose, I'd also go back to the Ivory Coast and go for Bony. I'd have actually gone for Dzeko before Costa, but the latter seems a done deal as soon as the medical can take place.

Not sure about the talk of Cesc. I don't quite get where he fits into the Chelsea team. I think its too easy to see him as a replacement for Lampard. What Lampard did well was playing alongside the deeper midfielder and then opening up the pitch by running at the opposition. I don't see Cesc doing that. And if Cesc plays the number 10, I think that cuts out that beautiful position exchange you can see between Oscar and Hazard. I see Matic more as a ball winner. I don't know if Ramires is good enough in this role as the traditional box-to-box midfielder. It does seem to be a position where both City and Liverpool had great quality last season (Yaya and Henderson). Jose has a lot of money in the bank, if I were him I'd splurge it on Vidal. He could have a massive WC and his hat-trick in the CL last season shows he has the goal-scoring ability to play from there. Just a question of whether he'd want to try his hand in the PL.

Could be wrong on this one, but I just think its a case of the manager not fancying him, and being stubborn about it. Lukaku still have weaknesses, but given Chelsea's current striking options I think he would have been a useful playing to bring back in. Then again if they get the big name striker they crave then they may not need him.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Chelsea Thread (12/6/2014 4:11:42 PM)

Cesc confirmed, and he qualifies as locally developed so it seems a good signing for Chelsea.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (12/6/2014 4:52:26 PM)

Yeah I guess... this must mean that we are letting somebody else go... Perhaps Oscar.

Cesc has always been blue through and through... [:D]

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Chelsea Thread (12/6/2014 6:08:44 PM)

Great signing, I think it's a good fit for both club and player.

Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 219 [220]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.589844E-02