RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (22/1/2014 9:39:16 PM)

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f79193ac6083d5c2049d55141f997f5d/tumblr_mtwbkyBKdx1se6xo9o1_400.gif[/image]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (23/1/2014 4:04:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

He's waiting to have another pop at Rooney in the summer, isn't he?
quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Yep.

Do you think that the Mata move now paves the way for this?

My own feeling is that it does. I think that Jose still fancies Rooney and I can't see why this would not be reciprocated. Of course, Utd could still hold on to him and run down his contract, but I can not imagine that this was not a topic of discussion during the transfer of Mata where the question was not at least posed of "if we sell you one of our players now, does that mean you will be more open when we approach one of yours again in the summer?"

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/1/2014 12:55:36 PM)

If Rafa had sold Mata to Man Utd he'd been lynched!

Mourinho out!

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/1/2014 5:23:36 PM)

That was a woeful match to watch.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/1/2014 6:02:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

He's waiting to have another pop at Rooney in the summer, isn't he?
quote:

Yep.

Do you think that the Mata move now paves the way for this?

My own feeling is that it does. I think that Jose still fancies Rooney and I can't see why this would not be reciprocated. Of course, Utd could still hold on to him and run down his contract, but I cannot imagine that this was not a topic of discussion during the transfer of Mata where the question was not at least posed of "if we sell you one of our players now, does that mean you will be more open when we approach one of yours again in the summer?"

I'm not so sure anymore, I think it likely it's made Rooney more at ease with United. I think the WC will be interesting, it always gives players a chance to shine and teams to scout the best recognised or not. We need a striker (and a LB and CD) Rooney would be fine though I personally would prefer someone else.

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

That was a woeful match to watch.

Was your television remote broken again?

A good win but several spurned chances to make it more than a single goal victory; it was a lovely piece of skill from Oscar. Manchester City in the next round [:)]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/1/2014 6:13:35 PM)

Manchester City v Chelsea
Arsenal v Liverpool
Everyone saw those draws coming[:D]
You could even say it was fi......[sm=whistle.gif]

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (29/1/2014 10:30:11 PM)

Mourinho: "It's very difficult to play a football match when only one team wants to play. A football match is about two teams playing... This is not Premier League, this is not the best league in the world. This is football from the 19th century."

[image]http://www.gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/476/484/original/HahaOhWowHaddock.jpg[/image]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (29/1/2014 10:34:01 PM)

^ Thats the Jose we all love, good to have him back![:D]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/2/2014 10:05:43 PM)

Bloody woodwork! [:D]

Superb performance.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/2/2014 10:49:07 PM)

It was a very impressive performance.

The last 2 Chelsea games I saw were very negative. But this was strong and disciplined and a really fine away from home performance against a team that has been scoring for fun.

Well done Jose.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/2/2014 12:03:39 AM)

quote:

Bloody woodwork! [:D]

Superb performance.

Yup great performance from Woodwork, easily City's best performer on the night !

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (8/2/2014 3:43:51 PM)

This Hazard guy looks a top player.
First game I've watched in aaages.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (9/2/2014 2:26:53 PM)

Itís amazing how quiet it gets in here when Chelsea start winning.[8|] Very good result given our recent problems against Newcastle, Hazard was utter mint. [:)]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (9/2/2014 4:52:42 PM)

quote:

Itís amazing how quiet it gets in here when Chelsea start winning.[8|] Very good result given our recent problems against Newcastle, Hazard was utter mint. [:)]

I'll usually tip my hat to Chelsea when they win, but not always in this thread and I didn't see them yesterday. I'm not saying this is the reason they comfortably won (a game that I didn't see) but selling Cabaye was always going to hurt Newcastle.

I'm very pleased to hear about the progress that Hazard is making. He really does have the goods to be a world star in 2-3 years.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (11/2/2014 9:55:31 PM)

Ah The Chelsea Graveyard...[8|]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (11/2/2014 9:59:00 PM)

Well Iím off for about six months, so you can all let the thread die.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (11/2/2014 10:03:23 PM)

quote:

Well Iím off for about six months, so you can all let the thread die.

Is that when the next Chelsea manager is due? [;)]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (11/2/2014 10:41:36 PM)

And this title race takes another twist. Big point for West Brom. Big night for Arsenal tomorrow.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (12/2/2014 9:30:02 AM)

We've not just had the comedy gold of Moyes at OT this season, but really one of the very best seasons I can remember for a long time. I know this is the Chelsea thread, but since when were West Ham in the top half of the table? Seems like only last time I looked and they were about to get relegated! Everything to play for at the top, for 4th and to keep out of relegation.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (22/2/2014 2:43:20 PM)

This is officially my last post for a while, Iím moving to another country for six months so ehÖ

Holy fuck, Chelsea were utterly shit against Everton.

[:)]

LamLam -> RE: Chelsea Thread (25/2/2014 6:20:16 AM)

It's going to be great to see Drogba face his old club in the CL.

jonson -> RE: Chelsea Thread (25/2/2014 8:15:06 AM)

quote:

This is officially my last post for a while, Iím moving to another country for six months so ehÖ

Holy fuck, Chelsea were utterly shit against Everton.

[:)]

Good luck in your quest [:)] well done for keeping this thread going.
I know Sinatra's a fan but I think dementia keeps him off the internet nowadays.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (25/2/2014 5:05:35 PM)

Great to see Mourinho's media bollox finally exploded an egg on his face.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (25/2/2014 5:13:58 PM)

He started the season being a bit more sanguine and fun. But he's reverted to being a right arse again in recent weeks.

I know that Chelsea fans like to circle the wagons and feel strengthened by everyone hating them, but I'd hate to see Mourinho win the league (again). I respect him as a football manager and that should be all I judge him on, but he's also a cock.

Also interesting that Chelsea are lacking strikers when Sturridge has 18 and Lukaku has 9.

Rinc -> RE: Chelsea Thread (25/2/2014 6:10:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I know Sinatra's a fan but I think dementia keeps him off the internet nowadays.

And incontinence.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/2/2014 8:32:22 PM)

What a disgusting cheat Terry is.

Terrible match, indicative of the worst of modern football, full of gamesmanship, cynicism, acting and players spending more time on the ground than on their feet.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2014 10:46:52 AM)

A sad day, but thank you Frank, for all those glorious memories... you are a true class act both on and off the pitch. [:)]

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2014 4:33:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

A sad day, but thank you Frank, for all those glorious memories... you are a true class act both on and off the pitch. [:)]

Indeed. And I think it might be a mistake getting rid of him just yet. He is such a big part of Chelsea, and still has plenty to offer either coming from the bench or making the odd start depending on the game. When you look at how long Giggs lasted at Man Utd without fading I think Lampard could have done it to a good level at Chelsea for a bit longer.

I kind of admire Jose's balls for making such drastic changes to the squad, but I think he might be over doing it, unless they get the replacements then it could be a struggle for them to be as strong next season.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2014 10:35:35 AM)

The romantic side of me finds it hard to disagree.

Giggs is a freak though, he is still sooooo fit... there was never going to be a good time for Lamps to go, but it had to happen one day. Cole is the biggest surprise for me so perhaps Bertrand will step up...?

We do have a fantastic midfield though, Schurrle will be first choice now, with Matic continuing in the holding role... Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Salah and van Ginkel are all options for Jose, assuming he doesn't sell.

We just need a left back, 2 strikers (Costa could sign within the week) and cover for centre back positions.

I think it will be another exciting league battle next year.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2014 11:02:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

The romantic side of me finds it hard to disagree.

Giggs is a freak though, he is still sooooo fit... there was never going to be a good time for Lamps to go, but it had to happen one day. Cole is the biggest surprise for me so perhaps Bertrand will step up...?

We do have a fantastic midfield though, Schurrle will be first choice now, with Matic continuing in the holding role... Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Salah and van Ginkel are all options for Jose, assuming he doesn't sell.

We just need a left back, 2 strikers (Costa could sign within the week) and cover for centre back positions.

I think it will be another exciting league battle next year.

I assumed Hazard was on his way TBH. You still have lots of quality that is true. I think the timing was right to get rid of Cole personally.

Page: <<   < prev  216 217 218 [219] 220   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI