RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/12/2013 11:55:57 AM)

Age has nothing to do with my pessimism I’m just a cynical git. [:)] We played a hell of a lot better during the second half but the first half was atrocious, Southampton looked Title contenders and we didn’t.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/12/2013 12:54:10 PM)

I never even got to see the 2nd half, or any highlights. But I heard praise for Mata.

A quick question. Is Ashley gone now? It has been looking like he was struggling to play both defensively and attacking recently and that his legs might have gone for him to bomb up and down the flanks. I see now that Mourinho has started leaving him out, so I wonder if Chelsea fans think this might be the last season for him with ye.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/12/2013 5:33:16 PM)

I think it’s his final season with us. Of the games I’ve watched he’s been very poor and not in a general way in a very noticeable I hope Bertrand gets fit or Azpiliceuta gets a look in way. I had a disagreement with a non-Chelsea fan earlier in the season because I kept mentioning Cole’s lack of form he thought I was being overly critical but now he seems to agree. Whether it is the struggle to play both defence and attack that’s affecting him and his legs I couldn’t say but watching him has been painful and I’m surprised it’s taken Mourinho so long to make the change.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/12/2013 9:50:48 PM)

3 conceded goals from 3 shitty clearances, fucks sake. Also 6 minutes?

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (10/12/2013 12:17:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

3 conceded goals from 3 shitty clearances, fucks sake. Also 6 minutes?

Do you now want to also talk about your inability to defend set-pieces? I believe you have now conceded more goals than over the whole season the first time Jose took charge.

Can't afford to screw up against the bottom 2 before meeting Arsenal. Cos I think that the Arse have only got one game away to City in that time. So it is quite conceivable that ye could be a point ahead when ye play.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (10/12/2013 12:53:04 PM)

We've been awful at defending set pieces since before the start of the season. I can't recall who it was we were playing last year (it was in Europe) but every time a ball came in we were a shambles and nothing has changed except teams now seem to have noticed and it’s not limited to set pieces.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (17/12/2013 10:20:50 PM)

Nothing to see here. [:D]

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (17/12/2013 10:23:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Nothing to see here. [:D]

Certainly no goals scored by Chelsea.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/12/2013 10:39:31 AM)

Meh Carling Cup Smarling Capitol Cup [8|] Sunderland were good for the win, we were pants and they weren’t.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (23/12/2013 7:28:30 PM)

That's a nice looking bench...[8|]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (23/12/2013 9:54:28 PM)

Well that was thril...[sm=sleep.gif]

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (23/12/2013 10:25:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

Well that was thril...[sm=sleep.gif]

Yeah, thanks a lot Chelsea. [:D]

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/12/2013 12:01:49 AM)

At least under Benitez they were good to watch, Mourinho comes back in and makes them utter shite to look at once more. Hope they play like that against Liverpool when we meet, we have a good chance of getting something at their's.

horribleives -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/12/2013 12:21:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

At least under Benitez they were good to watch, Mourinho comes back in and makes them utter shite to look at once more. Hope they play like that against Liverpool when we meet, we have a good chance of getting something at their's.

No doubt - the exact same tactics, performances and results as this season under Benitez would've had a section of Chelsea fans burning effigies and hanging fat waiters in the street.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (29/12/2013 3:27:34 PM)

Ah Romelu Lukaku what a striker, he's just the sort of player we need...

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (29/12/2013 6:07:16 PM)

[sm=happy07.gif]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/1/2014 4:19:20 PM)

Oscar you utter cock. [:'(]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/1/2014 5:00:58 PM)

Impressive second half, some lovely goals and some good play, Oscar and Willian made the difference. So Mata? Off either this month or in the summer.

Nezzley -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/1/2014 3:39:22 PM)

I'm annoyed at the media's reaction to the mata sub as if it was some sort of vindication for the way Mourinho's treated him this season. Last season he was many neutrals choice for player of the season and now he looks like a player who doesn't have the confidence of his manager, is struggling for form and clearly frustrated, I hardly think Mourinho deserves credit for making a fine player so ineffective.

Fair enough if he's not part of his plans, Oscar, Hazard and Willian are clearly excellent alternatives but if your not going to use Mata then let him go, seems such a waste to have a player of his calibre barely making an appearance, especially in a world cup year.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/1/2014 3:42:52 PM)

Also calling him a "genius" for bringing on two £30 million players.

Yeah, genius.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/1/2014 4:29:04 PM)

If Chelsea had lost or dropped points everyone would no doubt be saying how much of a tactical fuck up it was on Mourinho’s part. They might cost 30 million each but that doesn’t mean they’ll automatically change a game. The substitutions worked, less than twenty minutes after they came on we were 3 – 0 up from 0 – 0 at the hour mark. Schürrle had been ineffective and Mata struggled to make much of an impact both Willian and Oscar brought fresh legs, invigorated our attack and they chased back and harried the Southampton players something neither Mata nor Schürrle did. I get that people despise Chelsea and everyone connected with the club especially Mourinho but fucks sake at least attempt some impartiality, Mourinho made the call and it was the right one. [8|]

As for Mata it is maddening but he’s not exactly stepped up when given the opportunity (Arsenal in October being the one time he’s made an impact) this season whereas Oscar, Willian (getting better each game) and even Schürrle (last night’s match his worst for a while) have. I would love it if he could be brought back into the team but he obviously doesn’t fit the manager’s style or plans and has no doubt been told or asked to adapt, as of now he doesn’t look as though he’s capable and that is not entirely Mourinho’s fault no matter how much you hate him and like Mata. January is the first opportunity both the club and player have to sort out the finality of the problem, either he leaves or he stays and works to get his place back in the first eleven.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (11/1/2014 2:59:23 PM)

That’ll do nicely for a few hours. [:)]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/1/2014 5:45:21 PM)

So three years have gone since we sent him to Benfica to get Luiz, Nemanja Matic has returned for 21 million. It’s a tad embarrassing but given his talent and the likelihood of Essien and Lampard being on their last season or so I say it might just be a pretty good buy. A striker might have been nice though...[:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/1/2014 6:52:30 PM)

He's waiting to have another pop at Rooney in the summer, isn't he?

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/1/2014 6:57:47 PM)

Yep.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/1/2014 4:23:26 PM)

I see a red card for Luiz in this game.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/1/2014 4:31:33 PM)

For a Young penalty? [:D]

First Chelsea game I've seen for a couple of months. Pretty average first half hour, lucky to be ahead.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/1/2014 4:40:00 PM)

We’ve played quite well the last few weeks, solid with some lovely moments of class from Hazard, Oscar and Willian. We usually have a stronger second half. Luiz has played well in midfield too, this half he’s been rubbish and Mourinho will bollock him during the break.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/1/2014 4:45:25 PM)

Liquid football.

EDIT: 3-0. And this is now a test of what spirit Utd have. They've played worse than this and won, but after the opening 15 have shown little. Chelsea IMO still very much within themselves and there could be a lot of holes opening up soon.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/1/2014 5:39:37 PM)

I really loathe Javier Hernandez he always scores against us the little fecker.

Page: <<   < prev  216 217 [218] 219 220   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI