RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 3:30:26 PM)

I've consistently said what I think are the weaknesses of Chelsea at the moment and I did expect those to be on display against Basel. Not just a tricky name to pronounce Basel, Baaaaa-l, etc. But one that tends to play in the CL with confidence.

Steaua are a much different opposition. And unless Gigi has escaped with a shank fashioned out of a toothbrush, that he is threatening to use in the showers on any player who lets him down, this should be a walk. So much so, that Mata might even get on the pitch [:D]

superdan -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 3:41:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

He's off to cry in his room all on his lonesome at how much we need a striker and woe is United and all that.

But he's so happy now, he's The Happy One. He said so himself.
[image]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2013/4/30/1367336215054/Jose-Mourinho-010.jpg[/image]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 3:50:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I've consistently said what I think are the weaknesses of Chelsea at the moment and I did expect those to be on display against Basel. Not just a tricky name to pronounce Basel, Baaaaa-l, etc. But one that tends to play in the CL with confidence.

Steaua are a much different opposition. And unless Gigi has escaped with a shank fashioned out of a toothbrush, that he is threatening to use in the showers on any player who lets him down, this should be a walk. So much so, that Mata might even get on the pitch [:D]

I honestly think the team should walk it but I'm not putting money on it, not even imaginary pennies.

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

He's off to cry in his room all on his lonesome at how much we need a striker and woe is United and all that.

But he's so happy now, he's The Happy One. He said so himself.
[image]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2013/4/30/1367336215054/Jose-Mourinho-010.jpg[/image]

[:D]

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/30fb9b074499c3631c1bd2ec659b1322/tumblr_mtzsxjbYj11svq7v1o3_500.jpg[/image]

The Ecstatic One

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 7:17:08 PM)

Told you it was an easy enough game for Mata to play in [;)]

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 7:25:07 PM)

[:D] Confident they'll get the job done tonight.

Torres avoids getting a further ban so I guess he can count his blessings there...was pretty sure he'd get another 3 games which would be classic Torres at Chelsea. Maybe they felt sorry for him after that awful decision for his second booking!

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/10/2013 12:36:39 PM)

Jose Mourinho says he has no regrets loaning out Romelu Lukaku. The striker is on a season-long loan at Everton, where he has scored three goals.

"One thing is to play for Everton, another thing is to play for Chelsea," says the Chelsea manager.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/10/2013 1:40:35 PM)

That's true... he'll be even better next season though and who knows, Lukaku may have said, "if I'm not first choice then I would like to be loaned".

But Jose has got to say what he says hasn't he...or loom a twat, I was surprised they let me go on loan again, I see Lukaku as a good long term replacement for Drogs.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (27/10/2013 6:13:34 PM)

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/e6ffeb3407972cbc725aac6207b0648c/tumblr_mvcaffbzef1rhhlcoo1_500.png[/image]

Torres was superb today.

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (27/10/2013 7:00:33 PM)

Fernando Messi :D

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (27/10/2013 10:18:15 PM)

At full time the camera lingered on a Chelsea fan waving a Torres scarf.

Bet he's be waiting to do that since they've signed him. [8D]

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (28/10/2013 11:43:11 PM)

He's looking fitter and sharper than I've seen him in years, he won't be the player he was, but if he keeps playing like he has been this last month then that £50 mill will begin to look like money well spent.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (29/10/2013 9:52:02 PM)

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f66612732a92c43251d4af5ebccdd59c/tumblr_mvg92kY2eZ1slb0t5o3_250.gif[/image]

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/448cbd48752720d2257b50cb982bf8b4/tumblr_mvg8gullGX1sw2pw0o3_500.gif[/image]

Nice.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/11/2013 2:15:10 PM)

We've been utter shite this half. Cole, Luiz and Lampard all very poor. [:'(]

Also I knew we wouldn’t win today because every single time my father turns up to watch a game with me we lose. It’s happened so often the last 18 months I genuinely considered asking him to stay away until the game ended. [:D][:(]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/11/2013 2:38:44 PM)

Well that was a poor performance and a shit result. [sm=893Grumpy-thumb.gif]

ETA: Holy Mourinho not talking bollocks. [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/11/2013 3:32:41 PM)

Not the first time this season ye've failed to convert possession to points. Fair dues to Newcastle for converting theirs, but 3 points dropped really.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/11/2013 3:48:35 PM)

I blame my dad. [:-]

horribleives -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/11/2013 12:41:21 AM)

Obviously I'm overjoyed we won and we thoroughly deserved it based on our second half performance but Jesus Christ, where was Chelsea's midfield? I'm not Pardew's biggest fan but all credit to him for realising after the lifeless first half that putting a bit of urgency into the counter attack was likely to pay dividends. The back four had literally no cover and there's only so many times Luiz, Terry and Cole can get away with fouls before you get punished. I'm actually a fan of Mourinho and a huge admirer of Mata, Lampard et al but by Christ your shape was all over the place today.
Ha.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/11/2013 7:50:00 PM)

Newcastles game play worked to perfection, they dug in first half and made it difficult first half, got to half time still in it, and then became more attacking second and it paid off.

This is turning into one of the most unpredictable seasons in awhile, given Chelsea's form and the week they had leading into this game I didn't see them dropping points here.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (6/11/2013 9:45:25 PM)

I agree, Chelsea were all over the place (or nowhere) and Newcastle got it spot on.

CHELSEA 3-0 SCHALKE 04

31’ Eto’o [:D]
54’ Eto’o [:-]
83’ Ba [:)]

Good result, decent performance, three points.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/11/2013 9:38:01 PM)

No more than we deserved tonight, utter piss. [:'(]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/11/2013 10:02:14 PM)

Stop whingeing, ye qualified [:D]

Didn't see the game, were ye that bad?

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (27/11/2013 7:19:05 AM)

[:D]

We should have lost by more than one and I don’t think we had a single shot on goal. It was an awful performance and a little disheartening considering how well we played against West Ham. I think the players lacked any kind of respect for Basel by playing as such which given they already beat us earlier in the year was incredibly annoying.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (27/11/2013 8:06:00 AM)

We've seen before that Basel are no push overs.

I still think that Chelsea's consistency problem stems from taking out your most consisten performer, Mata, the engine that keeps ticking over in midfield.

And ye can't judge yourselves against West Ham, they have been very poor recently, stemming back to only beating Sours 3-0 (oh, and looks like AVB might be out again).

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:11:40 PM)

That was quick. [:D]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:16:54 PM)

I thought it was going to be a far from easy game but that was fucking stupid.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:32:37 PM)

quote:

Quite mad(dening), isn't it. He's a liability for Chelsea, looking like he's playing for the other team most of the time. Goes to Madrid, plays really well. Comes back to Chelsea and he's back to where he was the other season.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:35:54 PM)

With Artur Boruc in goal Chelsea always have a chance.

quote:

Quite mad(dening), isn't it. He's a liability for Chelsea, looking like he's playing for the other team most of the time. Goes to Madrid, plays really well. Comes back to Chelsea and he's back to where he was the other season.

Hmm,he played ok for Madrid but nothing to special.
All he ever did for Madrid was play it easy,plus it helps when La Liga plays to his pace.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:38:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

With Artur Boruc in goal Chelsea always have a chance.

Was so surprised that Southampton didn't go for Cesar in the summer.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/12/2013 4:38:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

As much as it saddens me that was exactly what I said when I saw the line up, Essien doesn't fit in anymore (to be fair the players look like strangers every other game at the moment) and I said I wouldn't be surprised if he got sent off or scored an own goal... Still it's early enough but Southampton have been quality this season and Chelsea get frustrated easily. [8|]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (2/12/2013 11:13:40 AM)

imp you are getting so fickle in your old age [:D]

2nd in the table now and the next 3 fixtures look pretty tasty, with a dead (-easy) CL game in there too. With Arsenal playing Everton and City before ye meet on the 23rd, Chelsea could easily top the table by Christmas.

Page: <<   < prev  215 216 [217] 218 219   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI