RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

jonson -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/9/2013 12:02:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

Fucking Mourinho... [:@][;)]

Damn right, I see Benitez's Napoli won again at the weekend. Terrific manager, if only you'd been nicer to him.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/9/2013 10:08:10 PM)

Two ex-Chelsea boys score for Liverpool tonight... [:D]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 7:31:53 PM)

Technically Moses is still a Chelsea player... [:-]

[image]http://24.media.tumblr.com/da2599379d9376c606cd0aa8a1e55020/tumblr_mtc1wqg53a1sgcxjso1_1280.jpg[/image]

It saddens me Azpilicueta hasn’t been given much to do so far this season, I’d rather him at RB and Ivanovic in the middle with Luiz in midfield. I hope Cole has a better game than at the weekend as do I Hazard and Eto’o. No Torres anywhere but we have Ba who if anyone other than Arsenal had made a serious bid wouldn’t be here. Anyway good luck and all that...[8|]

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:15:14 PM)

Saw that coming...1-1. Lot of the ball and a fair few chances. Willian looked pretty good.

EDIT: And that too...Eto'o not on his post. [:@]

Basel are one of those teams who may not look that great on paper but have some really gifted players and they work very well. Mourinho's got the subs wrong today. Ba and Mikel were not what was needed...well, Mikel's never needed.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:42:45 PM)

I thought Mikel had a better game than most against Everton and was surprised he didn’t start tonight. Though much like against Everton Mourinho did get the substitutions wrong neither Ba nor Obi are going to win a game for us. I think I’ll reserve judgement until January and see where we are but several games in and with the exception of the first half against Hull and the majority of our performance against Bayern I’ve been unimpressed and we did play better under Benítez.

[image]http://31.media.tumblr.com/7c3e65495b5a885d15a744815b3d1ad8/tumblr_mslt6cqC9I1rhpqv8o1_r1_500.gif[/image]

galvatron -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:49:37 PM)

Very happy to see Chelski and in particular Mou getting it wrong.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:54:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Basel are one of those teams who may not look that great on paper but have some really gifted players and they work very well.

Basel are a good team, but not one that Chelsea should be losing at home against. They should qualify from that group, but its getting more interesting by the game to see the bad fit between Jose and this squad.

Rinc -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:56:27 PM)

#weloverafa

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 9:58:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Basel are one of those teams who may not look that great on paper but have some really gifted players and they work very well.

Basel are a good team, but not one that Chelsea should be losing at home against. They should qualify from that group, but its getting more interesting by the game to see the bad fit between Jose and this squad.

It’ll be interesting to see if he has a strop and leaves again or attempts to stubbornly stick it out and gets booted again. Of course it is super early but the team does not look good right now.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/9/2013 10:19:18 PM)

We know that Jose is a master manipulator of the press, so you can't be sure. But I do honestly think he has a soft spot for Chelsea.

But this has clouded his decisions. He had a terrible transfer window. Everyone pointed and laughed (rightly IMO) at Moyes. But Chelsea's was no better. A plethora of the same left-sided attacking midfield option, no holding midfielder and no number 1 choice Rooney.

This squad should be pushing for 3 goals a game. Jose wants to play tight. Something has to change. Jose has to attack, or he'll be beaten.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 12:08:49 AM)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/20/chelsea-jose-mourinho-juan-mata

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 9:22:36 AM)

What I find really odd is that Chelsea are crying out for a deep lying distributor of the ball. Because a pass completion of 95% isn't really Frank's thing. And Mikel, etc are not that player. So even if he doesn't make the team as a 10, he should be first choice in a 4-2-3-1

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 2:59:51 PM)

That’s all well and good (if massively disingenuous to a team that has won the Champion’s League, FA Cupx2 and Europa Cup during those awful playing years…) if Mourinho’s grand scheme works and we are winning (which we’re currently not) but to have a player of Mata’s obvious quality and not at least allow some leeway is fucking stupid.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 3:51:14 PM)

What you also have to remember is that changing the style Chelsea play in cost both previous managers their jobs (Rafa doesn't count as he was only an interim).

But AVB played a style of pushing up and increasing the tempo (very much like the successful Bundesliga teams) and the players didn't like it, the results weren't happening and he wasn't given much time. Then came RDM. He reverted to a very Mourinho defensive style and got the CL even if he got few plaudits. Then he tried to change to the rotating front 3 and a more attacking style and his bags were also packed.

Because of the previous relationship and because there are few managers left that Chelsea haven't used in the last few years I expect the fans to give him a season (though who knows about Abramovich). But it is unclear to me what Mourinho is trying to achieve with this squad.

On top of leaving out Mata, I'm disappointed that Azp (oh.. I'll have to look it up) Azpiliceuta isn't getting any match time. He's a good attacking full back imo and Ivanovic is a grand player, but he's very much one to try not to lose a game.

The 3 attacking midfielders Hazard, Oscar and De Bruyne / Schurrle can all damage a defense, but only if they get the ball. And it is too easy for a team to effectively cut off their supply, which is why I don't understand why Mata isn't getting a game sat behind them.

Torres has lost his WC talent and Eto'o I don't see as a smart move. I'm really surprised that the manager wasn't backed with a big offer for Rooney, who is not starting to show the form that had deserted him and letting Lukaku go out on loan I just don't get.

EDIT: I didn't realise you had Fulham, that'll put one in the win column, so all is good again.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 4:28:39 PM)

I pooh-poohed the Rooney thing (more the OR BUST) but unless our epic strike force sharpen up it’s going to be a long few months. I think some fans would give Mourinho as long as he wants or alternatively not criticise how he goes about the job and blame everyone else from Roman to the ball boys.

I said earlier up the thread how it saddens me Azpiliceuta isn’t getting a look in; again it’s a decision I don’t understand.

I understand that Mata might not have the speed or strength of a standard number ten BUT he does have the smarts and skill to open up defences and allow the likes of Hazard, Oscar et al to do what they do with possession. Lukaku out on loan is a massive waste of talent and given his impressive preseason another perplexing decision.

Fulham? I say 1-1. [:-]

galvatron -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 4:46:17 PM)

Mata not even on the bench tonight!

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 4:47:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Mata not even on the bench tonight!

I've seen.

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT (c), Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o.
subs:Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Essien, Lampard, De Bruyne, Willian, Torres.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 4:55:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I understand that Mata might not have the speed or strength of a standard number ten BUT he does have the smarts and skill to open up defences and allow the likes of Hazard, Oscar et al to do what they do with possession. Lukaku out on loan is a massive waste of talent and given his impressive preseason another perplexing decision.

Fulham? I say 1-1. [:-]

But football isn't just about foot speed. Yes, that is key for a winger who wants to beat his man for pace. If a centre-forward wants to play on the shoulder of the defender, again that first burst of pace is critical. But for the team as a whole the ball will travel faster than a player and you are right that the speed of thought is critical.

Lukaku with what looks like the winner for Everton today. I've not seen much of Everton, but here is a team changing the way it plays. Martinez is open that there will be mistakes, but you can spot the progress to a new format. Chelsea, I just can't work out. Maybe I'll learn more in the next 2 hours.

No way do you not put 3 past Fulham.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 6:22:43 PM)

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/0de00dc94150fd42a32934757881f665/tumblr_inline_mthjt4KceN1qcmv5x.gif[/image]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 7:09:14 PM)

Bloody hell, this is awful.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 7:23:34 PM)

Obi [image]http://media.tumblr.com/871077f6830726fec33a94ead171517d/tumblr_inline_mthmjyk2mf1qdkdcp.gif[/image]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (21/9/2013 7:26:03 PM)

Top of the league, panic over.

Fulham were very, very poor.

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/9/2013 12:15:48 AM)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-mourinho-raged-cried-moyes-getting-united-102548115--sow.html

galvatron -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/9/2013 1:28:42 AM)

Anyone else think Chelsea's line up in the cup was almost a better team than the one picked in the league? Certainly more balance, fluidity a bit of width and youth in it.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (26/9/2013 9:16:32 AM)

I didn't see the game, but would be surprised if you can form too many conclusions from a game against Swindon.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 9:00:06 AM)

[image]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/impqueen/Jose_Mourinho_2688221b_zps693c2c45.jpg[/image]

Lampard's face...

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 9:20:30 AM)

Is he off to bundle Lukaku into the boot if his car?

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 2:16:28 PM)

He's off to cry in his room all on his lonesome at how much we need a striker and woe is United and all that.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 2:22:09 PM)

Game against Steau should be a nice easy one for Chelsea.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (1/10/2013 2:33:48 PM)

Yeah like the game against Basel which was a piece of ca..oh wait…

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/f79193ac6083d5c2049d55141f997f5d/tumblr_mtwbkyBKdx1se6xo9o1_400.gif[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI