RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Rinc -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 4:55:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

[image]http://abload.de/img/moureturrrrrnedj4n.gif[/image]

Amazing [sm=happy07.gif]

This is probably good for Chelsea short term but long term we all know Mourinho does no planning beyond 2-3 seasons. He'll spend money and construct a winning team for then and there and then he'll leave and Chelsea will become the Chelsea of the last few years again.

I have foreseen it.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 5:04:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

Amazing [sm=happy07.gif]

This is probably good for Chelsea short term but long term we all know Mourinho does no planning beyond 2-3 seasons. He'll spend money and construct a winning team for then and there and then he'll leave and Chelsea will become the Chelsea of the last few years again.

I have foreseen it.

what?,winning cups left,right and center.[;)]

Rinc -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 5:08:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

what?,winning cups left,right and center.[;)]

The Chelsea that wins cups but is disappointing in the league, hates their manager and sacks other ones. I prefer that Chelsea. [:)]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 5:14:00 PM)

I prefer a Chelsea that keep winning cups and that's what we do... we dont want to end up like Liverpool. [:D]

Rinc -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 5:42:46 PM)

Playing sexy sexy football? [:)]

Goodfella -> RE: Chelsea Thread (3/6/2013 6:04:29 PM)

"I'm one of you."

Yes Jose, like a lot of Chelsea's recently acquired-fanbase, you are in it for the riches and the subsequent short-term success.

Now any chance you'll be shutting the fuck up until at least the pre-season friendlies start?

Nope, I doubted it somehow....

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 12:31:32 AM)

quote:

Playing sexy sexy football? [:)]

Yeah that'll definitely not happen now, Mourinho will go back to his old hard-to-beat tactics; it'll work, but it won't be pretty.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 9:22:29 AM)

quote:

it'll work

And that's the key... [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 9:51:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

it'll work

And that's the key... [:D]

But is it? If, for the sake of argument, we take what Saltire says to be true then within a handful of games we will be back to one of the reasons that Abramovich and Mourinho parted ways before.

I can't believe this to be true and can't help but think that there must have been some agreement on both sides. I'd say that for Jose's part he'd look for autonomy in the team he selects with final say on transfers. And on Abramovich's side he must have looked for some assurance that Jose would play an attacking style of football.

Otherwise, IMO these two butt heads and it all falls apart very, very quickly.

I think its a couple of week's time that the PL fixture list comes out. An early meeting with Moyes, Wenger, AVB or Pellegrini would appear very tasty. But the really interesting one is going to come at the end of August in the Super Cup. I know this is a friendly, but I don't think the pasting at the hands of Falcao did RDM any favours last season. And Jose vs Pep will have a bit of added zing.

Quick question. If Mourinho had been offered the Utd job, do you think he'd have held out for Chelsea? I think he'd have been off to the reds like a shot.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 10:40:47 AM)

We always played attacking football under Mourinho imo. But we also knew how to shut up shop.

You ask any Liverpool or Arsenal fan if they would mind winning the PL with loads of 1-0 wins and they'd bite your arm off.

All this romantic bollocks of playing with flair and winning by 3-0 each time is rubbish, winning the title at all costs is what counts.

quote:

Quick question. If Mourinho had been offered the Utd job, do you think he'd have held out for Chelsea? I think he'd have been off to the reds like a shot.

Who cares mate, life is full of what-if's, what if he'd just won the title and CL with Madrid and been offered a new contract, or been offered the Portugal job... the time was just right and I am looking forward to the ride. [:)]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 10:47:55 AM)

quote:

We always played attacking football under Mourinho imo. B

With all due respect, you are only a banking millionaire, not a Russian oligarch billionaire [:D]

quote:

quote:

Who cares mate, life is full of what-if's, what if he'd just won the title and CL with Madrid and been offered a new contract, or been offered the Portugal job... the time was just right and I am looking forward to the ride. [:)]

I think the reason to care is that from the, admittedly little, I saw of his interview yesterday it was all about this deep love and bond between Mourinho and Chelsea. Now, as I've not seen it in full, maybe this is the way it was edited. But that just sounds like BS if he'd have been going to Utd a month ago had he been offered the job. He wanted the Utd job, Utd didn't want him. Abramovich wanted Pep, Pep didn't want him. I just wonder if this marriage is off to a rocky start if both parties think they are settling for 2nd best.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 10:48:27 AM)

quote:

The sacking was a complete spare of the moment thing, my brother knows Drogba and one of Drogba's best mates... it was actually quite comical how it went down on the night of our 1-1 draw with Rosenborg.

Both RA and Jose have remained friends, with RA even having a rare Ferrari delivered to Jose weeks after he left the club and hopefully this time they will both have wiser haeds. But to be honest, I dont care, I am just looking forward to whatever happens next.

Welcome home Jose! [:)]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 10:54:40 AM)

quote:

think the reason to care is that from the, admittedly little, I saw of his interview yesterday it was all about this deep love and bond between Mourinho and Chelsea. Now, as I've not seen it in full, maybe this is the way it was edited. But that just sounds like BS if he'd have been going to Utd a month ago had he been offered the job. He wanted the Utd job, Utd didn't want him. Abramovich wanted Pep, Pep didn't want him. I just wonder if this marriage is off to a rocky start if both parties think they are settling for 2nd best.

LOL, mate that sounds like you desperately want it to be off to a rocky start.... it just isn't so, whilst he was at Milan he said he missed the PL and whilst he was at Chelsea he always said how much he loved clubs steeped in history like Utd and Managers like Fergy... he's been saying those things for years, and I'm sure he knows deep down that he isn't the kind of Manager that would ever fit in at Utd. He also fully appreciates that football is a cut-throat and fast moving world and that Chelsea would have been right in trying to get Pep.

As I said, it all just fell into place in the end.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 10:54:51 AM)

quote:

quote:

The sacking was a complete spare of the moment thing, my brother knows Drogba and one of Drogba's best mates... it was actually quite comical how it went down on the night of our 1-1 draw with Rosenborg.

Both RA and Jose have remained friends, with RA even having a rare Ferrari delivered to Jose weeks after he left the club and hopefully this time they will both have wiser haeds. But to be honest, I dont care, I am just looking forward to whatever happens next.

Welcome home Jose! [:)]

After your inside line on Michael Owen a year or two ago (he used to be a footballer, if anyone else can remember back that far [:D] ) I won't disagree with anything you say. But the widely held perception that is still put around by the media (who maybe know one or two people too) usually displays 3 reasons for the breakdown:
- Lack of CL success
- Interference in signings and then pressure to play players
- Football was not sexy enough for Roman. And I think you can see that as IMO RDM was definitely trying to deliver that last season and I think that cost him his job.

I think Chelsea have a tremendous squad. I think Jose is a good man-manager and tactician. But we all know it will end in tears at some point with Avram Grant being appointed manager [:D]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 11:02:56 AM)

quote:

After your inside line on Michael Owen a year or two ago (he used to be a footballer, if anyone else can remember back that far ) I won't disagree with anything you say. But the widely held perception that is still put around by the media (who maybe know one or two people too) usually displays 3 reasons for the breakdown:
- Lack of CL success
- Interference in signings and then pressure to play players
- Football was not sexy enough for Roman. And I think you can see that as IMO RDM was definitely trying to deliver that last season and I think that cost him his job.

Hey. glad you remeber the Owen / Newcastle thing... I was soooo proud of that. My brother found out about that too lol..

The lack of CL success was not a factor, we were on the brink and RA knew that.

Mourinho was 'irrate' about Shevchenko so that played a big part regarding the pressure to sign players.

Sexy football - well it's nice to have but had nothing to do with it what so ever. RA isn't a complete idiot.

The real under -lying reason to the sudden departure is much more simple and plain for all to see at the time. Jose was more popular than RA and THAT was exactly what un-did Jose the first time around, because he knew this and played on it - especially on the night of our 1-1 draw with Rosenborg. [;)]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 11:04:25 AM)

quote:

But we all know it will end in tears at some point with Avram Grant being appointed manager

[sm=happy07.gif] Brilliant, can you imagine...[:D]

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 11:34:56 AM)

There's no doubt that Chelsea did become very structured, but at one point under Jose they did have Robben and Duff/SWP playing off Drogba, Lampard in midfield and fullbacks pushing on loads overlapping the wingers. It was at this time I believe they tried twice to buy Gerrard so its hardly a two banks of four preference we are talking here.

Organised back four certainly, with some shielding from the central midfielders but how can a side with Hazzard, Oscar, Mata be unattractive to watch? They will go back to being organised but very dangerous going forward.

Looking forward to it just hope that young English talent gets a game, or are sold to a side where they will.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (4/6/2013 1:10:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

Amazing [sm=happy07.gif]

I have foreseen it.

Just hope the second coming of Jose is as fun as that video!

Right now it looks like the title race next season is between Utd and Chelsea. City have made a big mistake in mind sacking Manchici espically as I can't see his replacement being better. Arsenal will improve but don't see them being ready for a serious title threat just yet.

Mourinho is taking over a very good squad, and should add one or two top class players which could be the difference between them winning the title or not.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 10:49:40 AM)

Welcome back to the Prem Ol' Play-Doh Head!

[image]http://www.hullcityafc.net/cms_images/news/steve-bruce-ipswicha-4-3116-772763_478x359.jpg[/image]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 11:37:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Right now it looks like the title race next season is between Utd and Chelsea. City have made a big mistake in mind sacking Manchici espically as I can't see his replacement being better. Arsenal will improve but don't see them being ready for a serious title threat just yet.

Mourinho is taking over a very good squad, and should add one or two top class players which could be the difference between them winning the title or not.

I don't know why you would be so down on Pellegrini. His ability is man management and tactics. At Valencia he showed he could do a lot with little. At Malaga he showed he could also manage big contract players, and then when the rug was pulled from under him, he kept many players there and plugged away for another season. I really do not think this is a manager to be overlooked.

If Chelsea's plan really is to play Schurrle on one side and Hazard the other of a 4-3-3 that could be very exciting to watch. If that is the case and Mata does not fit their plans I feel very sorry for the Spaniard. Utd should be begging Chelsea to swap Rooney for Mata if Mourinho is serious about letting Mata go.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 1:59:29 PM)

If he is serious about letting Mata and Luiz go, he's a tit.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 2:33:18 PM)

I can't believe there's any substance to the rumours of him wanting rid of Mata as that would be certifiably insane. He was easily the best player in the league last season and if I was able to choose one player in the Premiership to sign for United then it'd be Mata, period. No other player would even come under consideration.

Personally I hope it is true. If the rumour mill is to be believed (and it very rarely is at this time of year) selling Mata to Barcelona could facilitate United's purchase of Thiago which would be nice. Nicer still would be Mata to United but that's not very likely unfortunately.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 6:33:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

I don't know why you would be so down on Pellegrini. His ability is man management and tactics. At Valencia he showed he could do a lot with little. At Malaga he showed he could also manage big contract players, and then when the rug was pulled from under him, he kept many players there and plugged away for another season. I really do not think this is a manager to be overlooked.
If Chelsea's plan really is to play Schurrle on one side and Hazard the other of a 4-3-3 that could be very exciting to watch. If that is the case and Mata does not fit their plans I feel very sorry for the Spaniard. Utd should be begging Chelsea to swap Rooney for Mata if Mourinho is serious about letting Mata go.

Sure he is an unknown element but that is part of my reasoning, City already had a very good manager in place who except one bad season did a pretty much perfect job. Making the change is a very big gamble a part from managering in Spain he has not had a top job before.

Back on topic think Chelsea need to sign a top class striker, maybe a good full-back or centre half to replace Terry (who needs to sod off) and maybe a good back up keeper and they could be well on their way to the title.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/6/2013 6:43:19 PM)

I can't quite see how Pellegrini can be an unknown element, when we know so much about him [&:] To my ears that sounds as odd as Mancini doing a perfect job - crashing out of the CL both seasons, total non-defense of the title, tiff with Tevez that led to the player walking out for months before coming back, unable to manage Balotelli, falling out with several senior players for little reason, lacklustre display in the FA Cup final where it practically looked like players wanted to lose so he'd get the bullet.

I'd agree with your Chelsea signings. But Jose can't have it both ways, he can't have Lukaku not going out on loan because he's a first team player and then bring in a big name so he's going to bench warm. And a backup keeper is going to have to be expendable when Courtois comes back next season.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (23/6/2013 9:45:26 PM)

That was a lovely goal from Torres.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/6/2013 11:42:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

He's certainly looking alot better recently.[sm=33.gif]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/6/2013 12:07:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

He's certainly looking a lot better recently.[sm=33.gif]

Just about the time we're to offload him...[8|][:-]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/6/2013 3:13:06 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is he playing better because Chelsea might offload him ? or is he proving a point to Mourinho not to bring in another striker?

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/6/2013 3:33:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is he playing better because Chelsea might offload him ? or is he proving a point to Mourinho not to bring in another striker?

Hopefully the latter... 9 goals from 16 European appearances last season.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Chelsea Thread (24/6/2013 11:04:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I can't quite see how Pellegrini can be an unknown element, when we know so much about him [&:] To my ears that sounds as odd as Mancini doing a perfect job - crashing out of the CL both seasons, total non-defense of the title, tiff with Tevez that led to the player walking out for months before coming back, unable to manage Balotelli, falling out with several senior players for little reason, lacklustre display in the FA Cup final where it practically looked like players wanted to lose so he'd get the bullet.

I'd agree with your Chelsea signings. But Jose can't have it both ways, he can't have Lukaku not going out on loan because he's a first team player and then bring in a big name so he's going to bench warm. And a backup keeper is going to have to be expendable when Courtois comes back next season.

I meant he is an unknown element in the English League, a part from in Spain he has managed in Mickey Mouse leagues up til now.

As for your Manchini swipe I would counter that he won the FA Cup and League in three seasons, got them to another final and never finished outside the top four under performing in the champions league should not get you the sack with a record like that.

Page: <<   < prev  211 212 [213] 214 215   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI