RE: Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Chelsea Thread (5/12/2012 9:08:37 PM)

Bad news Chelsea. Juve ahead.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (5/12/2012 9:38:16 PM)

Champion's League Champions to Europa Cup hopefuls in 6 months, see we do make/have HISTORY. [:D] Pleased with the performance tonight, Torres, Hazard, Mata and especially Moses.

Anyway onwards to Sunderland and Thursday night football.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (5/12/2012 9:43:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Maybe Chelsea got him for a bargain price as he's only worthy of being a back up to a better player imo. Not good enough at winning the ball. Very poor at having the ball and distributing it. I don't see his value to the club.

Mikel cost over ú16m in compo to Man Utd! Plus a fee to the Norwegian club we got him off...

Sorry I meant, got his new contract at a bargain price. I'm sure that Fergie still has a snigger over getting paid for not taking him on (mind you his defensive midfield isn't that much to write home about).

Scoring is nice, should build some confidence, but Sunderland will be a different proposition. They are in even bigger shite themselves at the moment with a rumour (which I think was scotched quickly as BS) that MON had offered his resignation. He really needs a result, but I think Chelsea will be too much for them.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (5/12/2012 10:10:48 PM)

I'm not gonna hold my breath that this'll do anything for Torres' confidence...when he scored a couple against Genk in the CL last season, we all thought he'd kick on. Earlier this season when he had a great game against Newcastle and scored a great goal, we all thought he'd kick on.

Never has so much been done for the sake of one player.

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (6/12/2012 1:20:43 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

All this talk about Benitez being in it for the money? Er, was he busking down Covent Garden tube station last week? Has he had to put his motor on Ebay? I think not. He took a job, after a time away from the game, with the European Champions for fuck's sake! You think he wants to fail?

When I see him playing Mata on the wing, or leaving him on the bench, you know I'm really not so sure the answer is the one you are looking for.

Mata can play on the wing, did it a lot at Valencia. Not saying its his best position mind.

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (6/12/2012 1:24:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I'm not gonna hold my breath that this'll do anything for Torres' confidence...when he scored a couple against Genk in the CL last season, we all thought he'd kick on. Earlier this season when he had a great game against Newcastle and scored a great goal, we all thought he'd kick on.

Never has so much been done for the sake of one player.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, play more through balls to him instead of pushing him out to the wing where he can't be influential and you'll get a return off him. He is not the player he was, that much is certain, but if played properly he can still be a 20 goal+ player.

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (8/12/2012 4:54:40 PM)

Not a wholly convincing performance against a somewhat struggling Sunderland but a good result. Torres taking the penalty was significant for me, having bitched about him not taking them in the past (heĺs a striker, he should desire goals) and I liked his earlier effort too. Sunderland could easily (if they had a little more luck) have got a more from the game. So off to Japanů[8|]

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (8/12/2012 4:56:01 PM)

RAFA 4 EVER.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 11:54:11 AM)

We're 3-0 up in the Club World Cup! Mata scored the first....! what a fucking player.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 11:58:02 AM)

With significant investment in China and also Middle East, plus a lot more backing now in Brazil, this cup could become quite interesting in the next 5 years. As it is, its still a sideshow, but as I said before, could be great timing for Chelsea. Out of the PL spotlight for a week will give the manager and players time to bond, and try out new approaches in the couple of matches. Also a win or two could elevate their morale and RA might like being Champions of the World.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 12:12:24 PM)

Apparently Luiz has been a sensation in the centre-mid role. Let's face it he's pretty pants as a centre-back, but great going forward. Would be interesting to see how he does in that role in a proper test though.

Mata has now scored on his PL, FA Cup, CL and Club World Cup debuts... AMAZING.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 12:27:12 PM)

I think it was Bob who was advocating Luiz in a midfield role. I didn't see it myself as I didn't think he would be good enough at distribution, but its an interesting move.

Mata has for me been in the top 5 players in Europe this season. I think he'd comfortably fit in at Madrid [;)]

impqueen -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 1:12:44 PM)

I've had him in midfield all season on FIFA...[:D] He wants to roam, so let him and that way he isn't buggering it up in defence. The game was a nice run about and though the two goals in the second half were fortunate, the play leading up to them was lovely.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 1:34:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

I've had him in midfield all season on FIFA...[:D]áHe wants to roam, so let him andáthat way he isn't buggering it up in defence. The game was a nice run about and though the two goals in the second half were fortunate, the play leading up to them was lovely.

^^^^ PUPPETMASTER!!!!

Neville: David Luiz plays as though 'controlled by a 10-year-old* on a Playstation'

* or a girl

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (13/12/2012 4:32:31 PM)

[image]http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/tumblr_meyub2relb1qd3apyo1_1280.jpg[/image]
[sm=scared04.gif]

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (14/12/2012 4:12:40 AM)

Go on physio, break it!!! [;)]

Spectator of Suicide -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/12/2012 10:05:41 PM)

I thought that was Shevchenko for a second!

Olaf -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/12/2012 10:09:21 PM)

I like how Mata seems to be just as disgusted by what he's seeing as everyone else is.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/12/2012 10:15:28 PM)

Is he wearing nappies? [:D]

directorscut -> RE: Chelsea Thread (15/12/2012 10:21:41 PM)

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 10:32:40 AM)

What an incredible occasion today's final is...the journey has been long and hard with that one game to get there against some truly world class talent. This could be the start of something special.

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 12:35:13 PM)

And not good enough yet again, Lampards face was a cracker [;)]

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 12:38:16 PM)

Torres was poor yet again.Hazard,sorry I just dont see the hype.Mata was Chelseas best player,even then I'd say he was above average.

Overall I thought the match was average,quite boring actually.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 1:36:40 PM)

I've said this before but someone should put Torres out of his misery. He should be handed a one way ticket back to Spain. I really thought Chelsea were going to win this game especially after their last result, but well played Corinthians.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 4:48:00 PM)

Probably that close to winning SPOTY Team of the Year too [:D]

Still, 2nd best team in the world, eh? [;)]

Olaf -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 8:14:05 PM)

Should have sent Atletico Madrid instead.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 8:16:26 PM)

Nah, then I wouldnt be watching them play Barca now

Olaf -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 8:34:54 PM)

quote:

Nah, then I wouldnt be watching them play Barca now

But you could have been watching Chelsea vs. Southampton.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Chelsea Thread (16/12/2012 8:39:24 PM)

I refused to look that up [:D]

Fire nicely lit in La Liga, storming Falcao goal and 2 mins later an exquisite equaliser.

Saltire -> RE: Chelsea Thread (17/12/2012 12:00:06 PM)

quote:

I refused to look that up [:D]

Fire nicely lit in La Liga, storming Falcao goal and 2 mins later an exquisite equaliser.

A cracking game, Messi was poor yet he still got two more - what a guy! [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI