Chelsea Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

*emz6* -> Chelsea Thread (17/10/2006 9:41:00 PM)

now im a very big fan of carlo i love the guy and for many seasons he was class A for us but i have to say i feel that he is now slightly dodgy in one respect. Coming out of his goal whether it be for a cross or to close a player down, i hope others have noticed this because after seeing Cech play for the last few seasons its very apparent, Carlo does cause some confusion between the defenders because sometimes he half comes out then retreats and other times he comes late etc.

he is still a good keeper and a very good shot stopper but i feel that his positional play isnt as good as it was, hopefully this will improve with games seeing as he is now going to get alot this year.

Any other thoughts on this or any other Chels issues, there seems to be no thread for Chelsea fans and im tired of Chels bashing so i wanna talk to other proper fans, so any thoughts.....

King_Wah -> RE: Chelsea Thread (17/10/2006 10:56:13 PM)

I've renamed this thread to bring it in line with other threads. Could non chelsea fans please resist the temptation to come on to taunt them. Lots of us have strong feelings about Chelsea (myself included) but these guys deserve a thread to chat about their club ok.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 2:46:17 PM)

thank u ideal

jonson -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 2:49:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Wah

Could non chelsea fans please resist the temptation to come on to taunt them.

No, bloody bandwagon jumping glory grabbing bastards. [:D]

Right I'm off before Sinatra comes along and waves his stick at me.
Hey, I've just thought, he's a real Chelsea pensioner  [sm=happy07.gif]
Right, back to my Championship thread [8|]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 3:04:06 PM)

quote:

I've renamed this thread to bring it in line with other threads. Could non chelsea fans please resist the temptation to come on to taunt them. Lots of us have strong feelings about Chelsea (myself included) but these guys deserve a thread to chat about their club ok.

Oh dear... yes us supporters and Chelsea FC are indeed the spawn from Hell....[8|]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 3:05:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Could non chelsea fans please resist the temptation to come on to taunt them.

No, bloody bandwagon jumping glory grabbing bastards. [:D]

Right I'm off before Sinatra comes along and waves his stick at me.
Hey, I've just thought, he's a real Chelsea pensioner  [sm=happy07.gif]
Right, back to my Championship thread [8|]

Cheeky flucker.... now get back where you belong or I'll have a Mod change your profile so you can only post
in the Bookworm area. [:D]

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 3:10:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

now im a very big fan of carlo i love the guy and for many seasons he was class A for us but i have to say i feel that he is now slightly dodgy in one respect. Coming out of his goal whether it be for a cross or to close a player down, i hope others have noticed this because after seeing Cech play for the last few seasons its very apparent, Carlo does cause some confusion between the defenders because sometimes he half comes out then retreats and other times he comes late etc.

he is still a good keeper and a very good shot stopper but i feel that his positional play isnt as good as it was, hopefully this will improve with games seeing as he is now going to get alot this year.

Any other thoughts on this or any other Chels issues, there seems to be no thread for Chelsea fans and im tired of Chels bashing so i wanna talk to other proper fans, so any thoughts.....

Yes mate, I'd pretty much agree with you.
Petr, is pretty irreplaceable.
Carlo is a great second choice though... remember both Utd and Arse were sniffing about for him.
Our new defender is looking good together with Terry, Carva and Cole it's still a decent line-up.
Maka and Essien will provide extra cover.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 4:56:44 PM)

Didn't Jesse set up a Chelsea thread a while ago?  Obviously it was very successful...seeing as there are only about 4 chelsea fans on here it's no surprise

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 11:35:25 PM)

we are a small but dedicated bunch! anyway

WAY HEYYYYYY WE BEAT BARCA!!! not only did we beat them we totally controlled the game and they did pretty much nothing, and didi's goal ahhh sublime!!
boula-great game once again, what a buy he is turning out to be,
Essien and Didi pure class and Ballack aswell was formidible tonight! i cant wait for saturday im going to the match havent been for about 2months so im dyinggggg to get there.

COME ON THE CHELS!!!!

Boring Prophet -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 11:39:51 PM)

I think Sheva might have been worth it if only to improve Drogba's game. Andriy's still pretty piss poor at the moment though.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (18/10/2006 11:44:16 PM)

^totally agree Didi has grown alot not just in terms of his game but his manner on the pitch and the way he conducts himself, he was great with Mikel on Sat.

Sheva i am starting to lose patience with he is just SOOOO slow always routed to the ground and never on his toes, loses the ball almost every time he gets it and when another player is running thro with the ball he runs towards them to the channel they are running into instead of into space!!! he did it tonight once when lamps was running thro and totally got in his way!!! Sheva needs to shape up!

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 9:03:54 AM)

Awesome.

Just goes to show how ordinary we can make the best teams look when it's 11 vs 11 for the whole game.
Outstanding last night - Essien, Lamps, Cole (best game so far in a Chelsea shirt) Maka, Boularouz, Terry and of
course the guy who I've always given such a hard time in the past - the magical (yes magical) Didier Drogba.
It was like watch Henry in a Drogba suit... pure class, and I;m well and truly eating my words now.[:)]
Ballack and Sheva are still struggling IMO, but imagine if they start to click too????

Finally Hilario - all those "hillarious" play on words headlines will have to be put on hold,
he didn't have much to do (such was the level of defending) but he was calm when called upon.

Barca, looked ordinary yes, but we made them look ordinary - chasing every loose ball and wanting it much much more.

Great night, great result and nice dedications at the end.

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 10:14:16 AM)

Fantastic result and a very accomplished performance...I like you Sinatra have been a knocker of Drogba before but last season and obviously the start of this season he has been awesome...his all round play has improved massively

There's not doubt that Barca missed Eto'o because as good as Ediur, Ronnie and Messi are, none of them are out and out strikers and I think that showed when they tried to put balls in the box

Hilario looked comfortable but then he wasn't really tested...Boulahrouz was very good up against Ronnie for most of the game

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 11:17:16 AM)

Well I will just sit here all smug, in the knowledge that I have always rated and defended Drogba (mostly on these boards) you could always see he had it in up, but sacrificed himself doing a job up from on his own for the team. [:)]

Glad to see he's winning a few of our own fans back! [;)]

I thought himself, Essien and Boularouz were the outstanding performers last night, with Boularouz in particular doing a fantastic job on Trisha.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 11:22:47 AM)

quote:

Well I will just sit here all smug, in the knowledge that I have always rated and defended Drogba (mostly on these boards) you could always see he had it in up, but sacrificed himself doing a job up from on his own for the team. [:)]

Come on Jess.... are you seriously saying you rated Drogs after his first season??? I find that hard to believe.

Great atmosphere at the Bridge last night, I was so proud of the boys.

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 1:16:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

Come on Jess.... are you seriously saying you rated Drogs after his first season??? I find that hard to believe.

I really did, he may have seemed a bit clumsy,  but he worked so hard and led the line superbly in my opinion.  Basically a lot of work that can go unoticed.  He will however always suffer from a slight 'Andy Cole' syndrome.

Your right the atmosphere was brilliant, the flags gave it a real European night feeling and the players responded.  Rohahdinho was really rattled and we out fought Barca for every ball.

I couldnt be happier.  Imagine what we'll be like when Sheva and Ballack really find their feet! [:D]

Skiba -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 1:36:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

Unlike Old Trafford the previous night where even the Copenhagen fans were singing "Shall we sing a song for you?" 

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 1:46:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

quote:

Unlike Old Trafford the previous night where even the Copenhagen fans were singing "Shall we sing a song for you?" 

[:D]

And your right I did start a chelsea thread before which died on its ass, just like most of my grand plans.... [;)]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 1:53:06 PM)

Have to hand it to Chelsea - I thought they were gonna get turned over last night but they done superbly. I think the one serious question is what's happened to Shevchenko's pace? - he is no way near as quick as he was when he was 25 and I think it taken the edge off him as a player.

Last season he only managed 18 goals in an Italian league where Toni bagged 30 goals - and he looked second rate in the World Cup as well. Maybe he just needs a couple of goals to get him started but even that ain't gonna bring back his running power.

Overall good luck to Chelsea - I have always been someone who supports any English team in Europe - when Man U won the European Cup I was jumping up and down like I bloody supported them proper, and I have the same feeling for all Premiership clubs competing at the moment in Europe.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 3:47:21 PM)

some of you guys are saying you dont think Ballack is playing particularly well i have to disagree, he does sooooo much in games that goes unnoticed. just watch how strong and powerful he is he is fundamental to us winner matches like last nights because he breaks the play up. barca kept getting pick off in midfield and Ballack was very involved in that he has an enormous presence in matches, hes so solid not much gets passed him he is like a Maka but higher up the pitch when the oponent have the ball and when we have possesion he is making the runs and supporting. i think he does alot that goes unoticed in terms of stopping the opposition playing and it keeping Chelsea play moving along. He's doing great. just u wait till he starts scoring aswell.

Sheva on the other hand is a totally different matter as u can tell by my comments in an earlier thread

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 4:25:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

some of you guys are saying you dont think Ballack is playing particularly well i have to disagree, he does sooooo much in games that goes unnoticed. just watch how strong and powerful he is he is fundamental to us winner matches like last nights because he breaks the play up. barca kept getting pick off in midfield and Ballack was very involved in that he has an enormous presence in matches, hes so solid not much gets passed him he is like a Maka but higher up the pitch when the oponent have the ball and when we have possesion he is making the runs and supporting. i think he does alot that goes unoticed in terms of stopping the opposition playing and it keeping Chelsea play moving along. He's doing great. just u wait till he starts scoring aswell.

Sheva on the other hand is a totally different matter as u can tell by my comments in an earlier thread

Ballack did okay and I agree he's a big physical presence but Maka and Essien were doing the breaking up job last night.  He is there to get the passing going and dominate a game like we know he can.  I see what your saying and I agree he's not playing badly.  But in relative terms (i.e what he's capable of) he's playing shite.

And Fluke fair play for admitting you underestimated us! [;)]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 5:56:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

And Fluke fair play for admitting you underestimated us! [;)]

I was just going by the last time you guys met - it seemed like they done you over way too easily. Good to see they have learnt the lessons - personally I would like to see Chelsea kick the living shit out of Barcelona, as I would like to see English clubs kick the shit out of Europe again like we used to do in the 80s before the ban.

*emz6* -> RE: Chelsea Thread (19/10/2006 11:09:29 PM)

i have to say i thought we were gonna lose because i just felt that there was a sense that every time they attacked they were gonna score last time we met. but last night we looked so solid and sure that even when they had the ball we were comfortable, i think we just wanted it more than them aswell maybe due to what they did to us last time but also due to what has happened of the pitch recently. Its really tragic about Vicky Buccanan she was only like 28 i think, my dad knew her a little as u spoke to her on a number of times dealing with Chelsea Pitch Owners stuff and he said she was a lovely girl. Very tragic.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 9:15:51 AM)

quote:

I was just going by the last time you guys met - it seemed like they done you over way too easily.

Only having 10 players didn't help.[;)]

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 9:32:45 AM)

I see we are now being linked with Buffon.

Obviously a bit of an improvement on Barthez, but im not sure I would really want him.  To be honest Cudicini is more than capable of replacing Cech untill he comes back (or untill we know more) and what worries me is that a year down the line we will be in a situation with Buffon and Cech (obviously neither would sit on the bench)

Anyways im sure its just paper talk.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 9:38:58 AM)

quote:

Obviously a bit of an improvement on Barthez, but im not sure I would really want him.  To be honest Cudicini is more than capable of replacing Cech untill he comes back (or untill we know more) and what worries me is that a year down the line we will be in a situation with Buffon and Cech (obviously neither would sit on the bench)

I can't see it happening.... imagine how Cech would feel...

jesseLujack -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 9:39:57 AM)

quote:

quote:

I can't see it happening.... imagine how Cech would feel...

Your right he needs this like he needs a hole in the head...

clownfoot -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 9:52:45 AM)

Even the Barca players agree that Chelsea were the best team on the night...

(courtesy of The Guardian's Fiver column)

quote:

After being battered at Stamford Bridge last night, you'd think Barcelona would have picked up a few tips from Chelsea. But no, rather than blame their defeat on the referee, the pitch, congestion on the Tube or evil reptilian humanoids hell-bent on global domination, the Spaniards accepted that they were foiled by - wait for it - a team that played better than them.

"They're a very dangerous opponent and they know how to close up a game," confessed midfielder Andres Iniesta. Fair-minded Argentinian whelp Lionel Messi even had the good grace to decline a tap-in gleefully offered to him by gock-stirring hacks, responding to suggestions that Chelsea's tackling had been rougher than Christian Ziege's face with the simple rejoinder: "Their tackling was fine; there were no problems like that."

But humility can be taken too far, and when you hear Rafael Marquez fretting that "teams may have worked us out, they put more pressure on us, giving us less opportunity to score," you begin to wonder if Barca, for all their beauty and brilliance, are as brittle as the neurotic Arsenal "Invincibles" of 2003-04, who were so shaken by losing to the MU Rowdies after 49 matches undefeated that they needed at least 12 months, five transfers and one gigantic kick up the hole from Cesc Fabregas to recover.

If Barca were hoping to ease back into their stride with a cosy domestic win this weekend, then their opponents - old chums Real Madrid - have other plans. "They're certainly not as strong as they used to be!" cackled Real ringleader Predrag Mijatovic. "Whereas our mental state and our determination are all tip-top - and unlike them, we won [in Big Cup] this week!" he continued before excitedly suggesting: "success has made them tired and complacent, even if they won't admit it." Which is a bit rich coming from the head of Real Madrid, even if he won't admit it.

Sinatra -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 10:16:51 AM)

quote:

[8|]

theram05 -> RE: Chelsea Thread (20/10/2006 10:23:42 AM)

quote:

[sm=happy07.gif]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI