RE: MAD MAX 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (10/10/2010 11:35:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

You don't want Mad Max IV?

Without Mel? Shot with computer generated effects? Some bloke called Tom as 'Max' accompanied by nice eye-candy-esque Miss Theron to satisfy the horny teenage audience? Nah, no thanks.

This is one of the rare times when I really wanna see another film in a franchise that's 20+ years old. Every Mad Max movie is so different from each other that I just wanna see what Miller will do next.

Marwood -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (10/10/2010 4:22:35 PM)

Well you're going to be waiting a bit longer Tech.

Personally I'd like to see a return to that world by Miller but would rather he tackled another character so it's a pseudo-sequel. Like others I'm not really that interested in seeing Max without Mel Gibson - it's like a further Die Hard sequel without Bruce or Indiana Jones without Harrison. Unless this is a remake or reboot - I don't think it's really ever been specifically clarified what link it has to the originals beyond name.

Timon -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (13/1/2012 10:11:53 AM)

The vehicles are being shipped out to Africa!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1202269/mad_max_fury_road_vehicles_revealed.html

Here's hoping Miller keeps it gritty and earthy and keeps any CGI to a minimum.

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (13/1/2012 10:13:59 AM)

I reckon this will eventually get made... in 2022.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (13/1/2012 12:41:11 PM)

quote:

I reckon this will eventually get made... in 2022.

[:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (13/1/2012 12:57:40 PM)

A Mad Max without Mel Gibson is a Mad Max not worth watching! however, i could be proven wrong! Todaay, everything is geared towards CGI, or the 'easy' route. The reason why the original trilogy worked was becuase it was a product of its time, esp for the first film (low budget), hence the charm. And i feel a certain of this magic will be lost today.

Is Miller directing? If so, then we might have a good film to watch.

Some film do not need remakes, or even sequels like Escape From New York. I mean (from what i've heard) is Gerard Butler taking over the mantle of the legendary Snake Plissken? he's a good actor, but he's no KURT RUSSELL!!

Cool Breeze -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (14/1/2012 1:02:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

Without Mel? Shot with computer generated effects? Some bloke called Tom as 'Max' accompanied by nice eye-candy-esque Miss Theron to satisfy the horny teenage audience? Nah, no thanks.

Its being directed by the guy who made the first three movies,they are spending a year building real cars for real stunts,and that ''bloke called Tom'' is one of the best actors of his generation working today.

Besides,the only really good movie from the original trilogy is The Road Warrior so im up for a new version.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (14/1/2012 1:54:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

Its being directed by the guy who made the first three movies,they are spending a year building real cars for real stunts,and that ''bloke called Tom'' is one of the best actors of his generation working today.

Besides,the only really good movie from the original trilogy is The Road Warrior so im up for a new version.

Is he? That's a matter of opinion. So far, nothing he's done has really impressed me that much. Of course THE ROAD WARRIOR is the best of the trilogy but BEYOND THUNDERDOME - a flawed film but still very influential and visually fantastic.

Timon -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (1/3/2012 10:43:51 AM)

Well production is gearing up with some impressive vehicles.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53940

st3veebee -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (8/3/2012 5:01:34 PM)

quote:

Is he? That's a matter of opinion. So far, nothing he's done has really impressed me that much. Of course THE ROAD WARRIOR is the best of the trilogy but BEYOND THUNDERDOME - a flawed film but still very influential and visually fantastic.

Check out Bronson: he's damn good in it. Even if he wasn't great- Gibson has never been the most fantastic actor either.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (8/3/2012 5:39:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

Check out Bronson: he's damn good in it. Even if he wasn't great- Gibson has never been the most fantastic actor either.

Snake-Eyes personally found that Mel rocked the s**t in BRAVEHEART, THE PATRIOT and even that first LETHAL WEAPON. Still, my point is that there is only ONE MAD MAX and that is Mel Gibson. Just as Ford is Indiana Jones, Stallone is Rocky Balboa and Eastwood is Dirty Harry.

That's it.

NCC1701A -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (11/3/2012 11:59:21 AM)

quote:

Snake-Eyes personally found that Mel rocked the s**t in BRAVEHEART, THE PATRIOT and even that first LETHAL WEAPON. Still, my point is that there is only ONE MAD MAX and that is Mel Gibson. Just as Ford is Indiana Jones, Stallone is Rocky Balboa and Eastwood is Dirty Harry.

That's it

Agree 100 %  I would hate to see Someone else  playing Indy or Dirty Harry.

Lord Fury -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (11/9/2012 11:41:37 PM)

Well, i'm pretty excited about this.

ElephantBoy -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (14/9/2012 1:05:33 PM)

I don't agree that you can't do Mad Max without Gibson. At the time he was perfect for the role, but the films success was more down to Miller and the sets, also Gibson brings so much baggage now it just wouldn't be the same.

There are worse ideas than having a new Mad Max film but it has big shoes to fil.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (14/9/2012 4:06:17 PM)

I think there's very very few actors in the world that could have convinced as Mad Max - but Tom Hardy is one of them. He's one of the primary reasons I'm looking forward to a new movie.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (16/9/2012 11:31:50 AM)

I just cant see Tom Hardy as Mad-Max.
Don't get me wrong Hardy is a very accomplished actor but for me I think he's just to bulky for the role.

Actors who spring to my mind , who I think would have been better cast ,would be people such as Ryan Gosling,Collin Farrel (cant believe I said that),Chris Pine or Mel Gibson reprising the role.

ElephantBoy -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (16/9/2012 7:14:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Don't get me wrong Hardy is a very accomplished actor but for me I think he's just to bulky for the role.

Actors who spring to my mind , who I think would have been better cast ,would be people such as Ryan Gosling,Collin Farrel (cant believe I said that),Chris Pine or Mel Gibson reprising the role.

Pine would suck but I like the other new suggestions. I would go with either Gosling or Christian Bale.

Locog18 -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (16/9/2012 7:33:05 PM)

I'm very excited about Tom Hardy in this. I wouldn't worry about him being too bulky because he brings a realistic tough guy image to the role and thats one of the main reasons Gibson got it in the first place.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (17/9/2012 11:38:37 AM)

quote:

Tom Hardy bulks up for roles but didn't look oversized in Inception for example. I actually think he's the best choice, Bale would be cool, Farrell's not a bad call actually, Gosling - not compared to the some of the aforementioned, Gibson too old, Pine - no fucking way!

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (17/9/2012 3:21:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Tom Hardy bulks up for roles but didn't look oversized in Inception for example. I actually think he's the best choice, Bale would be cool, Farrell's not a bad call actually, Gosling - not compared to the some of the aforementioned, Gibson too old, Pine - no fucking way!

Whats wrong with Chris Pine?

I find him to be a good-accomplished actor who is developing well.And plus ,as seen with his Star Trek work as Kirk, he has that humor/wit while combining it with a really good performance.
And one of the things Mad Max has is a sense of its own dark,satirical humor while being somewhat bonkers.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (17/9/2012 3:23:57 PM)

He's a good actor but from what I've seen he doesn't have that 'edge' to play a character like Mad Max, people like Hardy, Bale and Farrell have that bad boy slightly nutty vibe about them that fits the role.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (17/9/2012 3:38:13 PM)

I just find it hard to see Tom Hardy as Mad Max.For all his talent I don't think he will pull this off,but we'll see.

ElephantBoy -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (21/9/2012 12:53:52 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Whats wrong with Chris Pine?

I find him to be a good-accomplished actor who is developing well.And plus ,as seen with his Star Trek work as Kirk, he has that humor/wit while combining it with a really good performance.
And one of the things Mad Max has is a sense of its own dark,satirical humor while being somewhat bonkers.

Thought Pine was weak in Star Trek it didn't really matter of course, besides he wouldn't be right for this part even if I did like him as a actor.

TheSpleen -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (29/9/2012 2:47:54 PM)

Can't wait, one of the few film franchises that hasn't had a bad flick (Yes I liked Thunderdome plenty).

Of course Mel is Max, but if pressed for a replacement Hardy is a great choice.

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (29/9/2012 4:07:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

Can't wait, one of the few film franchises that hasn't had a bad flick (Yes I liked Thunderdome plenty).

Nothing wrong with Thunderdome whatsoever - it's a four star movie and actually more enjoyable than the first film IMO.

TheSpleen -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (29/9/2012 4:17:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

Nothing wrong with Thunderdome whatsoever - it's a four star movie and actually more enjoyable than the first film IMO.

I agree. I'd pop in Thunderdome over part one most times. As someone who has recently 'rediscovered' these flicks after many years, is three considered bad amongst the hardcore fans?

Cool Breeze -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (29/9/2012 5:00:16 PM)

There has only ever been one good Mad Max film ( The Road Warrior ).The other ones are shite so i have no problem with a new Mad Max film.And i dont see how only Mel Gibson can play Max.James Bond, Indiana Jones, and Jim Kirk have been played by different actors so i think Tom Hardy will do a good job.

Lord Fury -> MAD MAX: Fury Road (22/10/2012 8:59:41 PM)

Despite reports of it going over budget and producers being sent to set, Tom Hardy will make a good Max.

FURY ROAD NEWS

jackcarter -> RE: MAD MAX: Fury Road (20/12/2012 2:19:51 PM)

1st pic of Bane as Max
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60085

Scruffybobby -> RE: MAD MAX: Fury Road (27/7/2014 9:31:03 PM)

Comic-Con trailer is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw

Looks pretty damn good

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI