MAD MAX 4? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

evil bill -> MAD MAX 4? (12/10/2006 8:24:37 PM)

There have been rumours around for some time now of Kenndey/Miller shooting a new mad max,And now finaly Mel Gibson has let it be known,if it's a good enough script he would reprise the role that made famous?Hopfully it will go back to the style of first two(IE Adult) not Thunderdome with a bunch of kids and the violence toned down.[:o]

Indio -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (12/10/2006 8:38:55 PM)

I thought Miller and Gibson already had a script ready to go, if I remember right they were going to film it in Angola a couple of years back but the whole thing got put on hold when the war in Iraq started.  I think it was called Victory Road (or something like that).

unhingedmoviepigeon -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 7:58:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

There have been rumours around for some time now of Kenndey/Miller shooting a new mad max,And now finaly Mel Gibson has let it be known,if it's a good enough script he would reprise the role that made famous?Hopfully it will go back to the style of first two(IE Adult) not Thunderdome with a bunch of kids and the violence toned down.[:o]

Could be a great movie if the script is right! I hope the make it extremely violent and don't just try to appeal to a younger audience.
Should Gibson continue to play the lead or should someone else step into the frame, perhaps with Gibson alongside?

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 9:31:35 AM)

Bruce Spence better be around somewhere. [:D]

Sutty -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 11:35:43 AM)

You think Gibson wants to be seen razzing round in a V3 Interceptor, mowing people off the road at the minute? Considering his recent run in with the law.
Forget Mad Max. Lets have Death Race 2000 remade! Obviously it'd be called Death Race 3000.
Get David Carradine in there. Danny Trejo and Lucy Liu maybe? And make an R rated bitch of a movie!

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 11:48:16 AM)

I'd go for that! just what the Dr ordered DEATH RACE for the 21st century with a real mad body count![sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 1:53:19 PM)

I reckon they should do it! It was a sad ending when everyone flew off to better lands at the end of Beyond Thunderdome leaving Max behind, after his heroically insane manouever piling his vehicle head on into the oncoming baddies to allow the plane a few more feet of take-off space.

boys_dont_cry -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 5:08:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

You think Gibson wants to be seen razzing round in a V3 Interceptor, mowing people off the road at the minute? Considering his recent run in with the law.
Forget Mad Max. Lets have Death Race 2000 remade! Obviously it'd be called Death Race 3000.
Get David Carradine in there. Danny Trejo and Lucy Liu maybe? And make an R rated bitch of a movie!

Death Race is being remade............... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/

Yeap.....buy Paul WS Anderson. [:o]

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 5:58:15 PM)

[:@]Lets hope he dos'nt fuck it up like Alien V Predator one waste of a movie![:@]

JIm R -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 6:05:27 PM)

I think Mel G is going to have to work very hard to get a decent script or director his way given his PR abilities of late.

He'll end up having to make his own films and direct them because very few people I should think will want to touch him after his recent outburst.

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 6:15:36 PM)

I think all the Mad Max movies are severly underrated... they've had such an influence on other action films.

George Miller also doesn't make enough films.

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (13/10/2006 6:21:56 PM)

Yeah they beef up the action movies,you can still see there infulance to this day.And George Miller is an under used talent in the movies.Lets hope he go'se ahead with MAD MAX 4!?

Sutty -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (15/10/2006 3:21:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boys_dont_cry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Death Race is being remade............... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/

Yeap.....buy Paul WS Anderson. [:o]

Bollocks! thats terrible! bound to be a piece of shit.

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (2/11/2006 6:57:37 PM)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061102q.php

I can't believe they came THAT close making this film!

There's no justice in the world. [:(]

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (2/11/2006 7:22:01 PM)

[:)]Well at least George Miller has not ruled it out even though Mel has.Be interesting too see who they pick for the role of Max!?[sm=33.gif]

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (30/11/2006 9:01:24 PM)

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2006/s1800628.htm

Mad Max 4 is still happening according to George!

Woger -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (1/12/2006 1:22:50 PM)

How about Mad Max 4: Mel takes Jerusalem.

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (1/12/2006 2:58:35 PM)

[image]http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Hollywood-Shocked-By-Mad-Mel-Incident-2.jpg[/image]

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (4/12/2006 3:51:48 PM)

Excellent not too far off now,good interview thanks Tech Noir[:)]

Tech_Noir -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (10/12/2006 1:50:22 PM)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/061206/2/11ohm.html

According to Miller, Mad Max IV will be happening but without Mel.

I don't know what to think. I trust Miller but it seems strange to have a Mad Max film without Mel.

I hope it works... and I hope Miller has still kept Joseph Campbell's hero's journey in mind while he was writing the script (as he did on the previous movies).

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (12/12/2006 7:24:05 PM)

Sad that after saying yes last year Mel has changed his mind,but a new actor hopfully an aussie will bring a new angle to Mad Max without losing that hard edge that made the first two such great movies.But i trust Miller knows this is his golden cow and not to repeat Mad Max 3,and last i read he has the script still going by J.Campbells story,so fingers crossed????

Timon -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (31/7/2007 11:15:13 AM)

If Fury Road does go ahead, I would like to see some sort of Gibson involvement. Possibly narrating or something. Either way, I reckon the film should be a semi-reboot set between Mad Max 1 and 2.

The enigma of the Mad Max films was that they all took place after the apocalypse that had led the remnants of mankind to its penchant for wearing leather and tooling around the Wasteland looking for "gazzoline." Certainly, a "begins" prequel could show us the world-ending event itself, even if only in a prologue, and then perhaps detail Max and his family's tragic origins more directly against the backdrop of the immediate post-apocalypse — something that budget just didn't allow on the original film or something like that.

I also imagine Miller would like a fellow Aussie....step forward Mr Ledger. the most logical choice to strap on the sawed-off shotgun. After all, he played Mel's son in The Patriot.

evil bill -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (2/8/2007 8:47:31 PM)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_4:_Fury_Road This should interest all you Mad Max Fans.Also in January this year George Miller while being interviewed about Happy Feet,stated a fourth sequal is already scripted and would have went into production a couple of years ago only for the war in Iraq.They where to start filming in the Saudi desert,but war broke out and that put an end to that.He has said he has two other films in the pipeline,before he can film Mad Max 4,and Heath Ledger is in the running for the role of Mad Max,rumour has it that pre-production is already on it's way and a filming slot for 2008 is on the cards?????

Mr Terrific -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (2/8/2007 10:00:36 PM)

[sm=schild15.gif]Slightly. But still about George Miller. JLA?

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=11271

Mason Verger -> RE: MAD MAX 4 (1/8/2008 5:47:00 PM)

YouTube - George Miller Mentions Mad Max 4 In A Interview

Incanus -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (3/8/2008 12:49:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

The enigma of the Mad Max films was that they all took place after the apocalypse that had led the remnants of mankind to its penchant for wearing leather and tooling around the Wasteland looking for "gazzoline." Certainly, a "begins" prequel could show us the world-ending event itself, even if only in a prologue, and then perhaps detail Max and his family's tragic origins more directly against the backdrop of the immediate post-apocalypse — something that budget just didn't allow on the original film or something like that.

To my mind, one of the many features that made Mad Max such a unique film, was its fragmentary nature.
The viewer is bereft of any detail about what had brought on and how the end of civilization as we know it, though therein is to be found a purposeful discrepancy: the fact that in this post-apocalyptic world there still existed some sort of law and order institution, the patrolling officers, of which Max was a member, a remnant of the old world, or a new-born team, the result perhaps of some attempt to reboot and start all over again.
In this world, the extent of which eludes us, as does the number of the population living in what cities God only knows, there lived a family, Mad Max's family. Their story was a part of this indefinite, undefined, infinite world, and this is to be a small-scale story.
This small-scale episode, the high-speed car-chases, etc., was the story of the birth of Mad Max, which in turn gave rise to Mad Max 2 and later on to 3 (which had some merits nonetheless), sequels that expanded the myth and moved toward a more post-apocalyptic universe, in that they had erased any and all reference to that first society depicted in the original Mad Max, namely one that still possessed some law and order practices.
This time the world was organized in an even more primal manner, smaller communities formed around a gas reserve, or around the Thunderdome. Mad Max had no place in this world, he was no longer a part of the patrol teams, he was a loner. Still the apocalypse that had sealed the fate of this world eluded us, not only for the obvious reason of the budget dictating that the movies be limited to the bare essentials, but also because the apocalypse itself was more of an iconic reference, a myth in itself, an agreed-upon innuendo: those of us who are somewhat older, we remember that back then the peril of a nuclear Doomsday was a clear menace, with missiles and stuff lying around in Europe, polaris-armed nuclear submarines roaming the oceans and strategic weapons flying in orbit overhead. So, there wasn't much need for an extensive account on how the end was brought on. We got the picture.
So, apocalypse wasn't really an issue. Other movies of the time had engaged themselves with the question, but Max's story was all about the day after that and the struggle of one man vs. the small scale events, vs. that is small groups of thugs and bandits who scraped a living off rocks and the desert. Considering this original context, I'd say that a turn in the storyline towards the large sale, i.e. the apocalyptic episode, would be a betrayal of the myth. And besides, what need is there today for any of us to view Mr Miller's take on Doomsday? It's not like we haven't seen enough movies taking up the subject.

DAVID GILLESPIE -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (3/8/2008 1:09:49 AM)

I guess my love for the Mad Max series goes down to the ultra violent and highly exciting car chases. The final chase at the end of two is breathtaking. I think a fourth movie would be great. I've think i will be avoiding the Death Race 2000 remake. 

Incanus -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (3/8/2008 1:33:13 AM)

I can understand the enthusiasm a car chase can inspire, and I do enjoy it myself. I have, however, my reservations about Mad Max 4.
It appears that the industry is increasingly resorting to sequels to movies of the 80s, none of which has worked well for the myth of each series. Rocky was not good, Indiana Jones had left much to be desired, I understand that the forthcoming Terminator 4 has already evoced mixed feelings (frankly I fail to see the need for a T4), and George Miller, after a long-term sabbatical came up with the Academy Award winner "Happy Feet", so he can now prance around announcing his plans for Max4, styling his incredible story of how the idea came to him in an airplane journey. It seems to me like his golden cow just came out of her barn, and it's time for yet another milking.

darth silas -> RE: MAD MAX 4? (3/8/2008 7:34:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I think all the Mad Max movies are severly underrated... they've had such an influence on other action films.

George Miller also doesn't make enough films.
Agreed.The final chase scene of Mad Max 2 has never been bettered.

Timon -> RE: Mad Max 4: Fury Road (6/3/2009 3:01:53 PM)

MTV spoke to writer/director George Miller, who says that the fourth "Mad Max" film will now become a 3-D animated feature without any involvement from Mel Gibson. Here's an excerpt from the interview:

"We'll probably go a different route," Miller told MTV News about the potential talent voicing the lead role. The plot would be partly lifted from the script of the fourth "Max" film, which was set to shoot in 2003 until financing collapsed in the wake of the Iraq War.Now Miller is resurrecting the idea as an R-rated, stereoscopic anime flick for theatrical release. It's a curious undertaking, to be sure, but one made all the more certain to happen after the runaway success in 2006 of his computer-animated "Happy Feet"—not that the newest, ever-violent "Max" film will have much in common with that kid-friendly penguin party."I see myself as someone who is very curious about storytelling and all its various media," Miller said. "I've always loved anime, in particular the Japanese sensibility. It's something I've always wanted to do."

He is also planning a tie-in action-adventure video game.

[&o]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI