1. Superb performance by Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman. This was casting brilliance. We see and experience Bateman's mental decay.......It doesnt get better than that.
2. Excellent script. I can't say enough about it. Escape Restaurant scene where Bateman goes on about foreign policy being important, but there are more pressing problems at hand..........Fantastic.
3. Solid production all around. From the soundtrack to the set designs, to the direction, everything is so precise. This film takes you into the world of material excess of the 1980's Wall Street professional. The subtle scenes; like the business card debate and the Paul Allen murder are very entertaining.
4. This line: "Because I want to Fit In"
1. The ending can be extremely confusing, especially if you are an analytical film viewer. We are left to make up our own minds on wether it was all real in Bateman's mind.
2. We are left with many loose ends. But in the large scheme of things it doesn't hinder the excellence of this film.
3. It inspired a horrendous sequel.
Final Verdict......5/5......This is one of my Top 5 films.