RE: The PS3 Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

benmharper -> RE: The PS3 Thread (9/6/2013 5:29:44 PM)

Which drive did you get? I've been meaning to do this for ages but not got round to it

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (9/6/2013 5:59:46 PM)

I got a 2nd hand one from CEX. 28 for a 250gb, toshiba I think. Traded in 2 games for it. Job done!

SWOTBM -> RE: The PS3 Thread (11/6/2013 1:04:27 PM)

After seeing the Sony conference last night I decided to take the plunge and sign up early to PS+. I just have a couple of questions I hope people can help me out with. First, I have multiple accounts on my PS3 (my brothers and me), so if I download the free games from the PS+ will my other accounts be allowed to play them? Second, if I ever decide to stop subscribing I lose access to those free games right (but presumably if I re-sub then I will regain access)? Third, whats the best value for money deal out there for a PS+ sub?

Chief -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 9:26:03 AM)

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PS3 TO LATEST FIRMWARE!!!

Currently bricking consoles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/18/psa-ps3-users-reporting-bricked-systems-after-4-45-firmware-u/
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/06/dont-update-your-ps3-right-now/
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ps3-firmware-update-445-locking-up-some-consoles-report-6410429

Talk about bad timing for bad PR Sony.....

Hobbitonlass -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 9:34:06 AM)

[sm=happy34.gif]

I won't be updating then!

clownfoot -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 10:06:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

I've finally got a bigger hard drive. Only been intending to sort that for the last couple of years but never mind. Just need to get an external hard drive and I can sort it out. PS+ has been very good so it's time I started subscribing. Finally.

How do you go about doing that? I really need to boost my hard-drive space!

Angelus -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 10:12:21 AM)

Clowny: http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/ps3cheatsandcodes/a/PS3HDDDriveSwap.htm

Edit with Playstation.com link: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362/~/upgrade-the-hard-disk-drive-(hdd)

clownfoot -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 11:45:00 AM)

Magic! Thanks bud.

Angelus -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 4:02:25 PM)

And another reason to need more hard drive space, the PS+ update on July 3rd:

Battlefield 3
Payday: The Heist
Saints Row: The Third
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)
Unit 13 (Vita)

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 7:18:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PS3 TO LATEST FIRMWARE!!!

Currently bricking consoles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/18/psa-ps3-users-reporting-bricked-systems-after-4-45-firmware-u/
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/06/dont-update-your-ps3-right-now/
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ps3-firmware-update-445-locking-up-some-consoles-report-6410429

Talk about bad timing for bad PR Sony.....

I had mine set to automatic so, too late! Everything seems fine though, but I can't sign in to ps+. Is it down for anyone else?

EDIT:- That said, I've just checked my system info and it's still saying v4.41. Rather odd.

Base -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 7:58:27 PM)

I can't sign in either, finding a few references to other people having the problem as well but no info other than that [:(]

benmharper -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 9:14:57 PM)

I haven't been able to sign in all night either. Just switched it on again to see what firmware I'm on (thankfully haven't updated) and it signed in ok.

Fitted a 500 gig hard drive to it today, I'm gutted I waited so long to do it. It was an absolute doddle. Nw I can play all those games I've got piled up without deleting data for other games.

I got this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Momentus-OEM-Playstation-Compatible/dp/B001R4BBL0/ref=pd_ybh_4

Just signed up to PS+ too

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/6/2013 10:24:44 PM)

Everything seems to be working now.

I felt the same after upgrading my HDD. I had just 60gb before and had to delete a lot of stuff to make way for others. I've upgraded to 250gb, joined PS+ and now I have a download queue full of games, as I've downloaded again all the ones I deleted to make room. I'm still kicking myself for not having done it sooner. PS+ is ridiculously good. And the next couple of months also look great. It's brilliant for the likes of myself who can't really afford to buy as many games any more. But on the other hand it's increased my unplayed catalogue no end!

Alistair81 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (20/6/2013 12:04:41 PM)

Having seen that you guys have all done it I am finally going to get around to upgrading my PS3 hard drive and joining PS+. Quick question: does the PS+ facility to backup game saves online negate the need to back up my PS3 on an external hard drive?

Dpp1978 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (20/6/2013 12:29:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair81

Having seen that you guys have all done it I am finally going to get around to upgrading my PS3 hard drive and joining PS+. Quick question: does the PS+ facility to backup game saves online negate the need to back up my PS3 on an external hard drive?

If all you are interested in is preserving your save files then probably.

But you would have to re-download any games, installed data and updates on your system. In my case that was more than 60GB of data so the backup option was preferable to re-downloading and re-installing everything.

The backup/ restore process was painless as I had a large enough, empty, USB drive in the FAT file system. It took a couple of hours, and all I had to do was follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure you have a copy of the latest firmware on a separate USB drive when you upgrade the HDD. You may not need it but it is better to have it in case than to faff around getting it mid-process. I learned that one the hard way. Make sure it is in the right folder structure as per the Playstation website else it won't be recognised.

PS+ is by far the best deal in videogames. My first year's subscription paid for itself in the first month.

benmharper -> RE: The PS3 Thread (20/6/2013 7:07:36 PM)

quote:

I felt the same after upgrading my HDD. I had just 60gb before and had to delete a lot of stuff to make way for others. I've upgraded to 250gb, joined PS+ and now I have a download queue full of games, as I've downloaded again all the ones I deleted to make room. I'm still kicking myself for not having done it sooner. PS+ is ridiculously good. And the next couple of months also look great. It's brilliant for the likes of myself who can't really afford to buy as many games any more. But on the other hand it's increased my unplayed catalogue no end!

I've got Uncharted 3 downloading now, PS+ has all but paid for itself already. Looking through the games I own, thereis definitely no need for me to jump to next gen for a while.

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 7:30:07 AM)

I've been thinking the same thing. Since I joined PS+ a few of weeks ago, I've downloaded LBP2 & Karting, Infamous 2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD, LotR War in t'North, Kingdoms of Amalur, Xcom, Uncharted 3 and a few others that escape me.

That's more games than I've purchased in the last 12 months. And I've only had it about 3 weeks!

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 8:04:37 AM)

Am I good to update yet?

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 10:54:05 AM)

Unless a new one has been made available to day, the last one was pulled as far as I know. But these days I know as much as John Snow.

DJ Satan -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 3:05:59 PM)

With the incoming XB1 in November I am looking at trading in my PS3. I'm going to try and get some games in beforehand.

Hopefully by some miracle I might get 25 for The Last of Us in Game. They are currently selling God of War trilogy or the Uncharted trilogy for 25 pre-owned.

Which one of these should I get?

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 3:39:58 PM)

I've not played God of War, but Uncharted 2 is utterly brilliant. One of my favourite action/adventure games.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (21/6/2013 10:32:21 PM)

Leaving PS Plus in July:

3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
3rd July: The Cave
3rd July: Rayman Origins
3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:

3rd July: Battlefield 3
3rd July: Payday: The Heist
3rd July: Saints Row the Third
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
3rd July: Unit 13

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/6/2013 9:58:22 PM)

I got a beta key for Final Fantasy XIV. It's currently downloading. That's all for now...

EDIT: due to the immense download speed of the PS3, I eventually got things going yesterday afternoon, and after lengthy tutorials etc, really got into things. It's great looking and with it being a mumorpger, different to the usual FF ways of doing things. But what I played of it, I really liked. But it's already come to a close as this stage ended at 9am today. Which is a shame as I'd love to play more, so I'm hoping the next stage of testing isn't far off.

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (29/6/2013 10:49:57 AM)

Still downloading... But in other news, I've picked up a gioteck controller which is styled like a 360 pad, and it's so much better. Was 19 mind, but it's much more comfortable. Even has proper triggers, too.

chilipenguin -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/7/2013 2:34:51 PM)

Well, my trusty 360 is being put out to pasture tomorrow (i.e. trading it in) along with all my games, pads etc. Moving to the green, green grass of PS3 to wet my beak ahead of Gen8. Not interested in the X1 or any of the launch titles, so I thought I'd move back to Playstation for the first time since 1999. What games should I be playing ahead of the next gen? I'm already planning on picking up The Last of Us and whatever I can scrounge up on PS+. Are there any hidden gems that I should look out for? Obviously I'm going to try to get to play the Uncharted games, God of War etc. Anything else?

DJ Satan -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/7/2013 3:35:38 PM)

[:(]

chilipenguin -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/7/2013 3:45:44 PM)

Don't cry for me, sir. I have nothing but love and affection for what Xbox has offered these past 12 years, but I'm not sold on the direction Microsoft is heading in. I'll probably pick up the X1 at some stage, should they decide to remove the mandatory Kinect functionality, and once the games stable has time to bed down a bit. I just fancy a change, which I'll get with PS4, but I do want to jump in on some of the PS3 exclusives now as details of backwards compatibility through Gaikai are still a bit murky.

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (6/7/2013 10:29:26 PM)

best advice i can give is subscribe to PSN plus. for a few quid a month you will get plenty of top titles free.

ChickMagnet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (7/7/2013 11:42:54 AM)

Anyone else bothered downloading the GT6 demo?

Sutty -> RE: The PS3 Thread (12/7/2013 12:05:02 AM)

So Im playing FIFA 13 and every so often lately it suddenly freezes for no good reason. Is it the disc (which appears scratch free) or my PS3? Any ideas???

Page: <<   < prev  119 120 121 [122] 123   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.326172E-02