RE: The PS3 Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Base -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/2/2013 10:40:15 PM)

Got it, thanks for that! [sm=happy34.gif]

Are there many games that you need to look for and don't show up in the PS+ section?!

Angelus -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/2/2013 11:02:18 PM)

I think this was a spur of the moment thing to promote Ascension, since it's only free for two weeks rather than a month like the rest of the PS+ games. I haven't had to look up any others, but then I've only had a PS3 a few months.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/2/2013 2:24:12 PM)

I just went to the instant game section on PS+ and it was right there next to the ascension demo.

Speaking of PS+

Ps+ free for March:
Mass Effect 3 – March 6th
Dead or Alive 5 – March 6th
Joe Danger 2 – March 6th
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita) – March 13th
Puddle (PS Vita) – March 20th

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (4/3/2013 3:21:14 PM)

I can only see God of War 1 free?

Argh decisons on Mass Effect 3. I loved the first 2 and completed them on 360. Was planning to get it on Xbox so I could import my character but getting it for free is also tempting.

ebrown -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/3/2013 9:16:00 AM)

Just last month I finished it on Xbox 360 for the same reasons and if I had a choice now I'd rather get if for free on PS3.

Hooch0959 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (11/3/2013 7:05:07 PM)

Anybody on Empire playing DC Universe Online?

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (11/3/2013 10:46:48 PM)

I stopped after finding out it was taking up 17Gb of drive space.

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (15/3/2013 9:45:15 AM)

yeah I had a couple of goes of DC but couldnt get into it. Great intro vid thouh.

Downloaded ME3 and Dead or Alive 5. Gonna ply a bit this weekend. I bought the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom fightstick and an adaptor so it plays on PS3

GameOverManGameOver -> RE: The PS3 Thread (16/3/2013 9:00:41 PM)

Hi all.......help please!

Whilst playing on the PS3 just now, it beeped 3 times and died with the red power light flashing. It won't turn on again. The yellow light comes on for a few seconds and then beeps 3 times and flashing red light again. Long story short, is it f**ked? It's an original 40gb version so is pretty old now.

To be fair, I haven't used it in a long while but everything was going fine tonight with no issues until it just turned itself off. I have managed to get the disc out and looking online have also tried the 'fan test'. Needless to say it's still not working.

I'll leave it overnight and try again but, any ideas out there?

Cheers GOMGO

Sutty -> RE: The PS3 Thread (17/3/2013 8:39:06 AM)

How do I customise Fifa 13 in terms of music and crowd chants etc? Anyone have a bit of an idiots giude?

Pleeeaasseee help!

ChickMagnet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (17/3/2013 12:08:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GameOverManGameOver

Whilst playing on the PS3 just now, it beeped 3 times and died with the red power light flashing. It won't turn on again. The yellow light comes on for a few seconds and then beeps 3 times and flashing red light again. Long story short, is it f**ked? It's an original 40gb version so is pretty old now.

To be fair, I haven't used it in a long while but everything was going fine tonight with no issues until it just turned itself off. I have managed to get the disc out and looking online have also tried the 'fan test'. Needless to say it's still not working.

Cheers GOMGO

Sounds like the dreaded Yellow light of death, what type of PS3 is it? A couple of years ago my fat 60gb did the same thing, we took it to a local shop that repairs consoles and they couldn't fix it.

The good thing is you can sell the faulty console on t'ebay for a fair wodge of cash, I think we got about £65 for ours which made the pain of buying a new one a lot less.

EDIT: Just seen you said it was an original 40gb so I wouldn't hold out much hope for it, give http://www.gamer-tech.co.uk/ a go, they were really helpful with us

GameOverManGameOver -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/3/2013 3:39:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: GameOverManGameOver

Cheers GOMGO

Sounds like the dreaded Yellow light of death, what type of PS3 is it? A couple of years ago my fat 60gb did the same thing, we took it to a local shop that repairs consoles and they couldn't fix it.

The good thing is you can sell the faulty console on t'ebay for a fair wodge of cash, I think we got about £65 for ours which made the pain of buying a new one a lot less.

EDIT: Just seen you said it was an original 40gb so I wouldn't hold out much hope for it, give http://www.gamer-tech.co.uk/ a go, they were really helpful with us

Ummmm.............bugger.

ChickMagnet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (22/3/2013 8:33:53 PM)

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma - I've decided I want to get all the Assassin's Creed games, and have managed to pick up all except number 3 for £25.

A mate at work has 3 and mentioned to me today he was probably going to get rid of it, and I mentioned I might be interested, thing is he asked me to make an offer.......

Looking online it appears that dependant on whether you want cash or part-exchange you can get between £6.50-£14 for it (realistically for cash you're getting a tenner), and its sold pre-owned for around £22, how much would be a fair price to offer? I'm genuinely considering offering £15

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (23/3/2013 5:54:29 PM)

I think that sounds fair.

I recently bought Twilight Princess for Gamecube off a mate. He was gonna sell it as CEX so I said I would beat their price. A quick look on CEX showed they pay £19 for it so I gave him £20. Everyone wins (except CEX I suppose).

ChickMagnet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (25/3/2013 7:48:57 PM)

I've taken your route instead, told him to check what he can get as trade in for it and I'll beat it, that way he can see I'm not ripping him off

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/3/2013 2:09:05 PM)

PS Store has pissed me off today, I rented Darksiders 2 and as a result it does not come with the Crucible pass to complete a big portion of the game.
This was on available on the store a few weeks back, but I decided against buying it as I thought it best to completed the main story first and then the Crucible.
Go to look for it on the store today and for some reason its been removed along with all the other the DLC and replaced with a £8 digital download only. The pass I needed was on £1.20!

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (3/4/2013 11:06:31 PM)

Cant believe I forgot to put this up.

Leaving PS Plus in April:

3rd April: Mass Effect 3
3rd April: Mortal Kombat
3rd April: Guardians of Middle Earth
10th April: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
24th April: Puddle

Entering PS Plus in April:

3rd April: Okami HD
3rd April: Lord of the Rings: War in the North
3rd April: The Cave
10th April: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
24th April: Thomas Was Alone

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (18/4/2013 10:25:22 PM)

Leaving PS Plus in May:
1st May: Okami HD
1st May: F1 Race Stars
1st May: Quantum Conundrum
8th May: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward
22nd May: Thomas Was Alone

Entering PS Plus in May:
1st May: Hitman Absolution
1st May: Catherine
1st May: Malicious
8th May: Sine Mora
15th May: Velocity Ultra HD

Angelus -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/5/2013 3:08:47 PM)

Looks like Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD and Demon's Souls for PS+ in June...

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/5/2013 10:22:38 PM)

[image]http://www.mytinyphone.com/uploads/users/anaverry/173700.jpg[/image]

ChickMagnet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/5/2013 10:45:25 PM)

I can't find Hitman Absolution in the PS+ section [:(]

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (17/5/2013 3:25:22 PM)

There is usually a big picture of the game on the first menu, failing that did you go in the instant game collection tab in the PS+ section?

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (23/5/2013 10:55:34 PM)

Leaving PS Plus in June:
29th May: Hitman Absolution
29th May: Joe Danger 2
29th May: Dead or Alive 5
5th June: Sine Mora
12th June: Velocity Ultra

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon’s Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

June is going to be brilliant.

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/5/2013 2:38:22 PM)

I've finally got a bigger hard drive. Only been intending to sort that for the last couple of years but never mind. Just need to get an external hard drive and I can sort it out. PS+ has been very good so it's time I started subscribing. Finally.

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (30/5/2013 1:02:21 PM)

Hard drive is installed and I've a ton of room to breath now. It's been a long time coming but it's done! Couldnt copy my dark souls save over though. Never mind, I'll have to start again!

LEEJGM -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/6/2013 12:09:36 AM)

Need a little help please. My PS3 started freezing over the last couple of days and now I just have a blank screen. When I turn it on, I get a yellow light for a few seconds and then it goes. I don't get a red flashing light though like what you apparently get with the YLOD. Power stays on but can only put a disc in and eject it, but nothings going on inside (ie the HDD isn't spinning). Is this still the dreaded YLOD? Either way, no doubt it's going to need repairing. Does anyone know what this is likely to cost?
And to think I was a few hours into another run through of Deus Ex HR....

paulyboy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/6/2013 6:09:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LEEJGM

Does anyone know what this is likely to cost?

Can't remember specifically, but I'm sure Sony themselves charge somewhere in the region of £125-150 if you're out of warranty.

There's plenty of third party companies who'll do it for half that (if not even cheaper) though, you'll have to have a look around.

LEEJGM -> RE: The PS3 Thread (7/6/2013 12:15:09 AM)

Actually, it's not the YLOD after all. Hard drive appears to be corrupted/fucked. I found out about the safe mode (who knew?) and managed to format it. I couldn't get it to restart, rebuild or restore. After formatting, it crashed again and is now restoring. It has been doing that for over 4 hours now and is still at 30% but is still progressing. May not work but it's more promising than it was this time last night.

Angelus -> RE: The PS3 Thread (7/6/2013 6:13:52 PM)

In the PS+ Instant Game Collection, LittleBigPlanet 2, inFamous 2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse will be replaced on 12th June by:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Single Player)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Not bad [:D]

juanvasquez -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/6/2013 8:14:36 PM)

Signed up for PS plus today. Upgrading my HDD has really breathed some life into the machine. Can't wait to play Shadow of the Collossus again. So much in my download queue right now. And I don't need to delete anything! It's great.

Page: <<   < prev  119 120 [121] 122 123   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI