RE: The PS3 Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Hooch0959 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (9/6/2012 8:53:29 AM)

I bought a PS3 at Xmas, I have player thoug all of uncharted 1-3. Hat other exclusives do folk recommend please.

Also I bought a pass to the episodic Walking Dead game. Where the dickens does it store the game once you have downloaded it.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (10/6/2012 8:04:35 PM)

In the games section of the media bar, under the section with the joy pad as shown below

[image]http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/g/gaming_week/06/ps3_flipbook/XMB20Game.jpg[/image]

It should if you scroll to the bottom be in plain sight, unless you sort everything by folders in which case look for the folder called 'unknown' most downloads will go in there.

Hooch0959 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (10/6/2012 10:14:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

In the games section of the media bar, under the section with the joy pad as shown below

[image]http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/g/gaming_week/06/ps3_flipbook/XMB20Game.jpg[/image]

It should if you scroll to the bottom be in plain sight, unless you sort everything by folders in which case look for the folder called 'unknown' most downloads will go in there.

Nice one dude, I sorted the problem which was:

You have to download the demo and the actual season pass unlocks the content, saftness if you ask me

sharkboy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/6/2012 1:47:55 PM)

OK, a couple of quick questions for you PS3'ers.  I bought a PS3 pretty much at launch, but once it became obvious that my XBox was the games console of choice and the PS3 was nothing more than a blu-ray player, I sold it.  Now I've only gone and bought another one, ostensibly as a blu-ray player and gaming console for the other TV set and as I've been out of the loop with PS3s for a while I'd like some advice:

- remember that world-wide Sony shut-down of the PSN after details were compromised.  Well, because I used to have a PS3 I still have an account registered (even if it hasn't been active for about 18 months).  Was the free game compensation offered by Sony time-bound or is it still open, and if so, am I eligible?

- I plan on getting the Drakes Fortune games for the PS3. I can't see me getting any cross-console titles for anything other than the xbox, so what other exclusives should I look for(don't like FPS, sport or most racing games, and don't often do multiplayer either)?  Actually, looking above, it's pretty much a repeat of Hooch's question!

- the console I bought is about 6 months old and has had little use.  How many days am I likely to have to wait while it updates? [:)]

Chief Wiggum -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/6/2012 2:17:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

- remember that world-wide Sony shut-down of the PSN after details were compromised. Well, because I used to have a PS3 I still have an account registered (even if it hasn't been active for about 18 months). Was the free game compensation offered by Sony time-bound or is it still open, and if so, am I eligible?

You'd be eligible if you had an account during the shutdown - whether it was time sensitive or not I don't know. There was also a month of PSN+ free as well.

quote:

- I plan on getting the Drakes Fortune games for the PS3. I can't see me getting any cross-console titles for anything other than the xbox, so what other exclusives should I look for(don't like FPS, sport or most racing games, and don't often do multiplayer either)? Actually, looking above, it's pretty much a repeat ofHooch's question!

Heavy Rain is an interesting concept. Little Big Planet was heaps of fun (and was part of the free games thing you mentioned above) I don't really get that much off PSN so can't comment there, and most of the games I get are multi platform titles.

quote:

- the console I bought is about 6 months old and has had little use. How many days am I likely to have to wait while it updates? [:)]

between 5 and 7.

seriously though it may be worth turning the bugger on at midnight (my ISP doesn't count midnight-8am downloads toward your monthly allowance) and letting it update over night, there's an option to turn it off after it's updated.

GameOverManGameOver -> RE: The PS3 Thread (14/6/2012 9:23:12 AM)

quote:

- remember that world-wide Sony shut-down of the PSN after details were compromised. Well, because I used to have a PS3 I still have an account registered (even if it hasn't been active for about 18 months). Was the free game compensation offered by Sony time-bound or is it still open, and if so, am I eligible?

You'd be eligible if you had an account during the shutdown - whether it was time sensitive or not I don't know. There was also a month of PSN+ free as well.

As per above, but I have a suspicion that they were time constrained to about 2 months after the PSN was back up an running. I vaguely remember hurridly deleting some stuff to make room for the downloadable games.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: The PS3 Thread (14/6/2012 9:30:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

- I plan on getting the Drakes Fortune games for the PS3. I can't see me getting any cross-console titles for anything other than the xbox, so what other exclusives should I look for(don't like FPS, sport or most racing games, and don't often do multiplayer either)? Actually, looking above, it's pretty much a repeat ofHooch's question!

Heavy Rain is an interesting concept. Little Big Planet was heaps of fun (and was part of the free games thing you mentioned above) I don't really get that much off PSN so can't comment there, and most of the games I get are multi platform titles.

Sharky, I've got Heavy Rain. If you want I can bring it over with me on Sat for you to try out? You can hold on to it, I don't need to take it back when I go [:)]

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (15/6/2012 11:52:44 AM)

Anyone played Sorcery yet?
I am currently playing it and its not that bad a game. The camera has issues, but other than that its a nice fun game.

sharkboy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (15/6/2012 12:50:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Sharky, I've got Heavy Rain. If you want I can bring it over with me on Sat for you to try out? You can hold on to it, I don't need to take it back when I go [:)]

Thanks Hobbsy!  Quite appropriate too; if today's weather is any indicator, you'll be getting plenty of heavy rain in return! [:(]

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (5/7/2012 1:24:26 PM)

PS Plus subscribers, Deus Ex Human Revolution is the free game this month.

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (9/7/2012 8:28:06 AM)

Theres some really good games being given away on PSN+ at the moment.

Downloaded all last months freebies and Deux Ex this month, Currently playing through Strangers Wrath. Still a great game thats aged well. The HD shine up is a big improvement too.

clownfoot -> RE: The PS3 Thread (25/7/2012 12:34:25 PM)

Anyone playing Motorstorm RC (download from PSN)? What a thorougly corking little game. Think SuperCars 2, Skidmarks and Micro Machines but at a more insane speed. Only a fiver as well!

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (25/7/2012 10:36:19 PM)

I got some money left in the psn wallet, may pick it up today.

Also the next round of big free games should happen in 2 weeks time. Wonder what we will get?

kata -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/7/2012 10:39:07 AM)

Got a couple of Dust 514 beta keys if anyone wants them?

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/7/2012 8:08:18 PM)

Go on then lets see what its like.

kata -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/7/2012 8:22:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Go on then lets see what its like.

PM'd you.

emogeek -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/7/2012 12:20:46 AM)

I'd be interested if you still have any - if not, no worries.

kata -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/7/2012 12:52:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

PM'd [;)]

Only had a couple, if I get any more I'll give out on here.

emogeek -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/7/2012 1:40:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: emogeek

PM'd [;)]

Only had a couple, if I get any more I'll give out on here.

[sm=happy34.gif]Nicely Nicely!

rich -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/7/2012 2:02:01 PM)

Question from somebody that doesn't have a lot of PS3 games but has recently done RE5 and Portal 2 in co-op, what sort of games are there which have a similar co-op story mode? Relatively cheap ones. We didn't like Little Big Planet and are looking for something new.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (29/7/2012 1:38:53 PM)

Army of Two and Army of Two : 40th Day

[image]http://www.stranaigr.su/published/publicdata/STRANA38WA/attachments/SC/products_pictures/army-of-two-20080212071503941_640w_enl.jpg[/image]

Just checked on Amazon, both can be bought for under 10 each (under a 5 in the case of Army of Two) the whole point of both games is co-op. I loved the first one, the 2nd I am only a couple of missions in so cant say much yet.

SWOTBM -> RE: The PS3 Thread (29/7/2012 2:36:00 PM)

Been out for ages (in fact the sequel is gonna be released soon I think), but Borderlands is a good shout for co-op.

rich -> RE: The PS3 Thread (29/7/2012 3:25:33 PM)

We actually went with Borderlands in the end, but Army of Two might be fun as a later choice. Cheers!

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (2/8/2012 10:19:44 PM)

Dead Space 2 is the free PSN game this week.

clownfoot -> RE: The PS3 Thread (6/9/2012 11:18:15 AM)

In case peeps are not aware it's currently 25% off a one year membership of Playstation Plus until 19 September.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (6/9/2012 10:44:21 PM)

Bastards!

My renewal is on the 21st. [:(]

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (18/9/2012 10:21:17 PM)

Renewed today for 10 off the normal price and when I checked the renewal date for next year it has added on the few remaining days I had. [:D]

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/9/2012 7:59:11 AM)

http://uk.playstation.com/new-ps3/

New PS3 revealed!

quote:

With all the great games and features you love now wrapped up in a sleek new design, there's never been a better time to get your hands on PlayStation 3.

PlayStation 3 offers the ultimate in gaming and home entertainment at brilliant value for money, and it's now available in an eye-catching design that is bound to turn heads in your living room.

Available from 28 September 2012, the new PS3 system comes with a whopping 500GB of storage and will be closely followed by a wallet-friendly 12GB version. So whether you're after instant access to memorable, fun-packed evenings with the family, or want to load up your system with tons of fantastic entertainment, we've got the right PS3 for you.

The new console offers you the flexibility to tailor your PS3 experience to suit your needs: start off with the 12GB model and then ramp up the capacity by connecting a dedicated 250GB Hard Disk Drive. This is just one of the great peripherals that will be released at the same time alongside a range of other essential accessories such as a vertical stand that offers more flexibility in how the new PS3 can be displayed.

To tie in with the launch, PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012 too, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa.

Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/ps3 and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for more details on the smaller and lighter PS3.

[image]http://image.playstationmail.net/lib/fe9815707366037b74/m/1/PS3_smaller_lighter_11.jpg[/image]

Jodan_King -> RE: The PS3 Thread (20/9/2012 9:14:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

http://uk.playstation.com/new-ps3/

New PS3 revealed!

quote:

With all the great games and features you love now wrapped up in a sleek new design, there's never been a better time to get your hands on PlayStation 3.

PlayStation 3 offers the ultimate in gaming and home entertainment at brilliant value for money, and it's now available in an eye-catching design that is bound to turn heads in your living room.

Available from 28 September 2012, the new PS3 system comes with a whopping 500GB of storage and will be closely followed by a wallet-friendly 12GB version. So whether you're after instant access to memorable, fun-packed evenings with the family, or want to load up your system with tons of fantastic entertainment, we've got the right PS3 for you.

The new console offers you the flexibility to tailor your PS3 experience to suit your needs: start off with the 12GB model and then ramp up the capacity by connecting a dedicated 250GB Hard Disk Drive. This is just one of the great peripherals that will be released at the same time alongside a range of other essential accessories such as a vertical stand that offers more flexibility in how the new PS3 can be displayed.

To tie in with the launch, PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012 too, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa.

Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/ps3 and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for more details on the smaller and lighter PS3.

[image]http://image.playstationmail.net/lib/fe9815707366037b74/m/1/PS3_smaller_lighter_11.jpg[/image]

My 40gb ps3 is dying. I am thinking of picking up one of these to replace it. My plan is to get playstation plus for a month or so to upload my game saves from the old one and download onto the new.

Just thought I would check in and see if anyone thought this was a bad move...The only alternative I can think of would be mucking about with hard drive, or, horror of horrors, losing all those hours on skyrim, dragon age etc

Sleazy -> RE: The PS3 Thread (20/9/2012 9:22:03 AM)

cant see why that wouldnt work, When I swapped PS3 there were some saves like KZ2 that would not allow me to copy them, as a result I never finished it.

Page: <<   < prev  117 118 [119] 120 121   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.402466E-02