The PS3 Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Boring Prophet -> The PS3 Thread (22/9/2006 7:17:16 PM)

Well, there's one for the 360, and one for the Wii, so why not? So, who'll be getting one on launch day? I'll wait for a price drop, myself.

LongLiveTheKong -> RE: The PS3 Thread (22/9/2006 7:44:25 PM)

Waiting for price drop too. And MGS 4. Which has been pushed back to late 2007.

Speaking of MGS 4, the newest trailer has been released at TGS.  http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2006/

WAIT FOR THE END. OH EM GEE.

Also, if the .asx format isn't working particularly well for you (it freezed a lot for me), I took the liberty of downloading it using Net Transport (which converted it into .wmv format), and then I uploaded it to YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4ViGgGV_o

:) You're welcome.

Jacks User ID -> RE: The PS3 Thread (22/9/2006 8:15:04 PM)

I'll be getting one only for Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII.

Boring Prophet -> RE: The PS3 Thread (22/9/2006 8:38:52 PM)

GTA 4, RE 5 and MGS 4 for me.

Art Vandelay -> RE: The PS3 Thread (23/9/2006 9:18:23 AM)

Have always been planning to get the PS3, but with the delay to March, i've decided to just purchase the Xbox 360. I just really can't wait until March! But who knows, maybe when the price goes down next year, i'll give it a purchase. I'm horribly addicted to the Metal Gear Solid games.

borstal -> RE: The PS3 Thread (23/9/2006 9:27:21 AM)

Still only Resistance Fall of Mankind is looking good for me and I wouldnt buy a console for one game.

slater250882 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (24/9/2006 10:28:54 PM)

Will wait for a price drop. Also want to see how it compares up to a 360 before deciding (i will not purchase a 360 till the HD drive is internal so i can wait). the games however....

Resident Evil 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
GTA4
Alone In The Dark
Lair
Resistance: Fall of Man
Devil May Cry 4
Call of Duty 3
Heavenly Sword
Motor Storm
Asassains Creed

And yes i know only 6 of the games mentioned are PS3 exclusive but still a tantalising list no?

musewitch -> RE: The PS3 Thread (24/9/2006 11:54:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: slater250882

Will wait for a price drop. Also want to see how it compares up to a 360 before deciding (i will not purchase a 360 till the HD drive is internal so i can wait). the games however....

Resident Evil 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
GTA4
Alone In The Dark
Lair
Resistance: Fall of Man
Devil May Cry 4
Call of Duty 3
Heavenly Sword
Motor Storm
Asassains Creed

And yes i know only 6 of the games mentioned are PS3 exclusive but still a tantalising list no?

The only games that interest me in that list are coming to the 360.  I have zero interest in the PS3.  Its like the PSP, dull as ditch water.

Deviation -> RE: The PS3 Thread (25/9/2006 12:51:52 PM)

Devil May Cry 4 and Killzone look great. I just hope Killzone is real. And anobody seen Army of two. That looks amazing.

Rinc -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 3:27:50 PM)

Read a report about a Japanese games convention that said the PS3's games are very poor although the graphics are superb. The games they can sort out in the future. I have seen small clips of the PS3 on a HD monitor though and the graphics are amazing. The gameplay looked like an ingame video clip it was so realistic. There were no pixels and when the engineer kept pausing the clips there was absolutely no distortion. Prepare to be amazed.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 3:41:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Read a report about a Japanese games convention that said the PS3's games are very poor although the graphics are superb. The games they can sort out in the future. I have seen small clips of the PS3 on a HD monitor though and the graphics are amazing. The gameplay looked like an ingame video clip it was so realistic. There were no pixels and when the engineer kept pausing the clips there was absolutely no distortion. Prepare to be amazed.

If they're better than the clips I've seen of Gears of War on t'360 then I will be amazed.

Rinc -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 3:48:51 PM)

The problem with the PS3 is going to be the type of HD tv you've got. Most people will have the one with less lines - 720 - whilst the PS3 works at the higher one with 1020. I saw it on a top industry monitor with 1020 lines and it looked amazing but most people won't get to see it like this. This is where i think the PS3 is making a mistake because as far as i know the majority of tvs will only have 720 and the effect won't be as great. this could all change in the next couple of years and i suppose this is what Sony is hoping for - that the tvs become cheaper and the 1020 lines HD tv becomes the standard.

doa1984 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 3:56:55 PM)

the ps3 runs ace in anything from sd to 1020p

it dosnt matter what you run it in its an impressive bit o kit

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 4:00:03 PM)

I'm sure you mean 1080. The PS3 can run at 1080p(rogressive) whereas the 360 can only currently run at 720p or 1080i(nterlaced). When the autumn update comes out for the 360 it'll upgrade the firmware, or summat I guess, to also be able to run games at 1080p.

Pointless really since you can't even get any 1080p TV's currently in this country (or you couldn't last I checked) at the mo, and when they're released they'll cost upwards of about 3000.

zombiemaster -> RE: The PS3 Thread (26/9/2006 8:57:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LongLiveTheKong

Waiting for price drop too. And MGS 4. Which has been pushed back to late 2007.

Speaking of MGS 4, the newest trailer has been released at TGS.  http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2006/

WAIT FOR THE END. OH EM GEE.

Also, if the .asx format isn't working particularly well for you (it freezed a lot for me), I took the liberty of downloading it using Net Transport (which converted it into .wmv format), and then I uploaded it to YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4ViGgGV_o

:) You're welcome.

Ending did'nt make any sense why was there a young snake is there two im gonna have to get this game must start to save them pennies

DJ Satan -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/9/2006 1:05:31 PM)

Went into Gamestation yesterday and heard an interesting bit of gossip. Apparently Sony forced them to return all the deposits they had already taken. When they do start taking them they have to charge 150 per pre-order or "Sony will punish any shop who does not agree".

HIM -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/9/2006 6:55:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Went into Gamestation yesterday and heard an interesting bit of gossip. Apparently Sony forced them to return all the deposits they had already taken. When they do start taking them they have to charge 150 per pre-order or "Sony will punish any shop who does not agree".

I work in a Gamestation and I've heard nothing of the sort. It sounds like bollocks to me. More anti-Sony hate mongering. Think about it; pre-orders have nothing to do with Sony themselves. A shop, in this case Gamestation, will charge a deposit so the customer is locked onto that pre-order. Then they'll order 'X' amount of units and pay Sony for each unit accordingly. The shop will then charge the retail price, minus the 20 deposit, to the customer. The 20 deposit has nothing to do with Sony. It's just an arbritrary amount set by each shop.

I can safely say that Sony have not said anything about returning 20 deposits.

the anomaly -> RE: The PS3 Thread (27/9/2006 10:35:12 PM)

I am the only one that isnt impressed with Devil may cry 4?
I know its early days but it doesnt look like they are trying
anything different at all. Most of the combos even looked the same
im not impressed with the way Dante/Nero move I think its time
these kind of games had more realistic character movement
more fluidity or whatever I dunno I just hope they add somthing
new instead of just the same game as Devil may cry 3 but with
only better graphics.

doa1984 -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/9/2006 12:20:45 PM)

there is rumors going around that sony may force a 150 pre order system.
this is suppose to cut down on people buying them then selling them on ebay for very high prices.

bubs -> RE: The PS3 Thread (28/9/2006 5:02:24 PM)

Killzone 2 is gonna be absolutely awesome. I can't wait for the PS3!

DJ Satan -> The Home of PS3 (8/3/2007 11:37:51 AM)

Time to resurrect the "Official" PS3 thread.

So what to people think about the new Home feature being launched?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6429039.stm

It looks interesting but I think it's overlooking the simplicity of Xbox Live and Miis. I want to be able to use these features in any game - not have to log into a seperate "game" to use them.

Ruprecht -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/3/2007 12:47:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

GTA 4, RE 5 and MGS 4 for me.

You realise that the first two are coming out for the 360?

Ruprecht -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/3/2007 12:49:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bubs

Killzone 2 is gonna be absolutely awesome. I can't wait for the PS3!

On what do you base this? The original game was nothing special whatsoever and all we've had from the sequel is a nice FMV that Sony lied about and claimed was ingame footage.

Workshed -> RE: The PS3 Thread (8/3/2007 1:46:55 PM)

I can't wait for MGS4. Fucking brilliant.

indysgill -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/3/2007 1:07:21 AM)

Im treating myself for my birthday in july, should know by then if its good or not.

lord of the pies -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/3/2007 3:17:26 PM)

Don't need to worry about Ebay for launch, you will be able to walk into a shop and buy one on release day and days beyond that without a pre-order.

There will still probably be idiots paying double the price on ebay though.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/3/2007 3:30:37 PM)

I love Game's new advertising campaign for the PS3, this is the last weekend you can pre order your PS3 and be guaranteed the console before launch.

Would that be because it's literally the last weekend before the launch? [:D]

Spiff -> RE: The PS3 Thread (13/3/2007 4:55:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda
Would that be because it's literally the last weekend before the launch? [:D]

Reckon! [sm=18.gif]

Can't believe how duff the game packaging is -- knew they had the odd idea of the inlay being shorter than the case, so the top of the box is left clear, but seeing a box pic in PS3 ads... Looks so stupid.

Caesar -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/3/2007 12:05:47 PM)

just a few more days to go now [:D][:D][:D]
the woman in my local gamestation is telling everyone that they don't need to pre-order anymore as they are getting shitloads of stock?!
i don't believe her [&:]

anyone found a cheap source for blu-ray dvds yet? [8|]

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: The PS3 Thread (19/3/2007 12:26:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caesar

just a few more days to go now [:D][:D][:D]
the woman in my local gamestation is telling everyone that they don't need to pre-order anymore as they are getting shitloads of stock?!
i don't believe her [&:]

Why wouldn't you believe her? Demand is low, so they'll have plenty of stock getting dusty on the shelves and I actually doubt you'll ever find a shop that's been completely drained of it's PS3 stock, unless it's a small independant store with only 1 or 2 consoles in the first place.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI