RE: Xbox 360 thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

mace windu -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (11/10/2005 3:13:59 PM)

I'll get one. I'll pry one from the shop assistant's cold, dead hands![sm=evilgrin27.gif]

daddy or chips -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (11/10/2005 3:19:08 PM)

Hehe...that's the (Christmas) spirit! I keep on having terrible visions of being mugged just as I step outside the shop with my spangly new Xbox...luckily my boyfriend is tall and a bit scary looking so I'll drag him along for bodyguard duties [sm=fighting01.gif]   

mace windu -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (11/10/2005 3:37:11 PM)

quote:

I keep on having terrible visions of being mugged just as I step outside the shop with my spangly new Xbox

I may yet have to resort to this measure (although i would leave the full cash amount on my victims battered body - i'm no thief!). Be afraid, be very afraid.

Casper -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (12/10/2005 4:02:43 PM)

So Xbox 360 can play DVDs, and it can output Hi-Def graphics. Does this mean it will be able to play HD-DVDs when they are released?

Tok -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (12/10/2005 10:04:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mace windu

Does anyone know where i can be guarenteed a 360 for release date or Christmas. Everywhere i look they say they can't guarentee delivery by Christmas and both local games stores aren't taking any more pre-orders - bastards![:@]

I've just preordered mine.

The places to not go are Game, Gamestation or large Virgin and HMV stores which are more obvious places to preorder.  These places would more than likely have now taken more preorders than consoles they will have at launch.  I had tried these kinds of places, and had begun to give up hope...

That was until my mate thought about it a little more laterally and preordered his at Dixons.  I preordered at my local Dixons (where I am eleventh in line, so hopefully pretty much garenteed).  Only yesterday my other mates went for the smaller HMV and Virgins and were near the top of the list.  I would imagine another good place to try would be somewhere like Comet, Curries or PC World.   

mace windu -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (13/10/2005 8:58:45 AM)

quote:

I would imagine another good place to try would be somewhere like Comet, Curries or PC World.

Yeah i looked on the PC world website and it doesn't say anything about not guarenteeing for Christmas so i think i'll try there. Failing that i reckon it'll be Curry's.[sm=happy34.gif]

Fuzzbap -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (13/10/2005 5:38:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Casper

So Xbox 360 can play DVDs, and it can output Hi-Def graphics. Does this mean it will be able to play HD-DVDs when they are released?

It'll only play DVDs,not HD-DVDs. Apparently some devs are pissed off because they'll be limited to the data storage space of regular DVDs, rather than the Blu-Ray option available on the PS3, which can store several times the data of a DVD.

Godzilla -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (13/10/2005 5:57:15 PM)

If you must have one at launch then try Game or GameStation and order the core package, they have loads of them left to preorder. [sm=happy34.gif]

mace windu -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (14/10/2005 2:46:31 PM)

Yeah but then i'll have to pay more when i buy the hard drive seperately, plus i'll have to settle for a wired controller.

Rod Hull -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (17/10/2005 7:23:21 PM)

Microsoft have just listed a few more titles available in the Live Arcade service that will be available for the 360 (as it was in a scaled down form for the current fat Xbox).  Edge have the details here: http://www.edge-online.co.uk/archives/2005/10/microsoft_and_f.php

I'm particularly excited at the prospect of co-op Gauntlet over Live.  If you you can't be arsed to read the article, here's the full list.  Retro-me-do!

Astropop Popcap Games
Bankshot Billiards 2 pixelStorm, Inc
Bejeweled 2 Popcap Games
Crystal Quest Stainless Games
Feeding Frenzy Popcap Games
Gauntlet Midway Home Entertainment
Geometry Wars 2 Bizarre Creations
Hardwood Backgammon Silver Creek Entertainment
Hardwood Hearts Silver Creek Entertainment
Hardwood Spades Silver Creek Entertainment
Hexic HD Microsoft Game Studios
Hoopworld Streamline Studios
Jewel Quest iWin.com
Joust Midway Home Entertainment
Marble Blast Ultra GarageGames
Mutant Storm Reloaded PomPom Games
Outpost Kaloki Wahoo Studios
Robotron 2084 Midway Home Entertainment
SmashTV Midway Home Entertainment
Wik: Fable of Souls Reflexive Entertainment
Zuma Popcap Games

Rob -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (20/10/2005 10:34:05 AM)

Am I the only one that is a little bit underwhelmed by the Xbox 360?  I'm not being deliberately awkward it's just that I haven't seen anything jaw-dropping as yet.  I think the Xbox live interface etc looks amazing and given Microsoft's commitment to online gaming this will be a real pull for potential buyers but I am still waiting to be blown away.

g0thic_drag0n -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (22/10/2005 12:58:46 PM)

are u mad of corse i'll be geting one at launch so much so that im geting up a 5am
dec 2nd leaveing my house at 630am and standing outside game till thay open at 
9am im gonna get pgr3 and what ever i need for gold live then its back to the house
and i'll be raceing ya by lunch time [:D]  

musewitch -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (23/10/2005 2:33:36 AM)

quote:

Am I the only one that is a little bit underwhelmed by the Xbox 360?  I'm not being deliberately awkward it's just that I haven't seen anything jaw-dropping as yet.  I think the Xbox live interface etc looks amazing and given Microsoft's commitment to online gaming this will be a real pull for potential buyers but I am still waiting to be blown away.

You're not the only one. 

At the end of the day, its just an Xbox on acid.  Ive seen nothing particulary new or inovative to attract my attention.  Ill play on my mates till the Revolution comes along.

daddy or chips -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (23/10/2005 1:41:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: g0thic_drag0n

are u mad of corse i'll be geting one at launch so much so that im geting up a 5am
dec 2nd leaveing my house at 630am and standing outside game till thay open at 
9am im gonna get pgr3 and what ever i need for gold live then its back to the house
and i'll be raceing ya by lunch time [:D]  

Have you pre-ordered one GD?? If so why would you need to get up so early to collect it...I very much doubt Game would sell your pre-ordered console to someone else [:D]....or are you just being sarcastic?? [;)] 

g0thic_drag0n -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (23/10/2005 5:56:34 PM)

cos i have been told that at the game near me thay took more per orders than
thay have 360's so thay got to do pre orders in two lots im doing what i said
daddy or chips so i get mine dec 2 i can't wait much longer for it [:D]

daddy or chips -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (24/10/2005 10:22:57 AM)

quote:

cos i have been told that at the game near me thay took more per orders than
thay have 360's so thay got to do pre orders in two lots im doing what i said
daddy or chips so i get mine dec 2 i can't wait much longer for it [:D]

Ah I see...how annoying! But wouldn't they ring you and let you know when to pick yours up or is it first come first served (could get messy if it is [sm=fighting01.gif])

g0thic_drag0n -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (24/10/2005 7:52:07 PM)

don't know but if i dont get one on dec 2 not gonna be happy [sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

elliotm -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (24/10/2005 8:55:17 PM)

Though the console and games look fantastic, I won't be buying one.  I'll only be able to afford two at most of the crop of next-gen consoles, and PS3 and Revolution get the priority vote.  PS3 because there's going to be games I really don't want to miss, plus I want to catch up on missed PS2 games.  Revolution because it'll have those great games you can't get elsewhere, not to mention a new way to play them.  It'll probably be dirt cheap compared to the other two as well.
As for online play, I have my PC.  Still, if I could afford it, I would get the 360 without a doubt.

DanielFullard -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (24/10/2005 8:56:46 PM)

Ill be getting one for sure...the console Im most looking forward too....but Im not sure wheter to buy it myself or just get it for xmas

King Nate II -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (25/10/2005 12:43:53 AM)

Not a driving game fan, but christ that looks good.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (25/10/2005 12:52:19 AM)

Gonna try and order one from HMV at the weekend , see what they say!

g0thic_drag0n -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (25/10/2005 12:23:24 PM)

ha good luck u have left it a bit late u got no chance of geting one
on the lanch day [sm=34.gif]

Kelly -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (26/10/2005 9:26:14 PM)

Guys remember, amongst all this talk of HD outputs - you need a monitor capable of reading a HD signal - these are new monitors (a la Plasma and LCD's). They are not cheap!

I have gone off the idea getting a 360 at launch. I just don't think there is a big enough selection of games that I would personally like to play.  [&o]

Rod Hull -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (26/10/2005 10:03:04 PM)

Peter Moore, the XBox's vice-corporate vice-president of vice-corporate skullduggery, has just let slip that my beloved (though off boil of late) Rare are developing 2 new games for 360 that have been tinkered on for 2 years.  My hopes are with Killer Instinct 3 and Banjo Threeie.

Anyone else care?  If so what do you hope for?

Godzilla -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (26/10/2005 11:04:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

Peter Moore, the XBox's vice-corporate vice-president of vice-corporate skullduggery, has just let slip that my beloved (though off boil of late) Rare are developing 2 new games for 360 that have been tinkered on for 2 years.  My hopes are with Killer Instinct 3 and Banjo Threeie.

Anyone else care?  If so what do you hop for?

I have heard one is a Nintendo DS game

Rod Hull -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (26/10/2005 11:09:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Godzilla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

Anyone else care?  If so what do you hop for?

I have heard one is a Nintendo DS game

Nah, they're doing stuff for that as well.  The article's here: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61411, and more definitely says they're for 360.  As for the DS games?  Here's hoping for Perfect Dark and Blast Corps.

Godzilla -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (26/10/2005 11:15:14 PM)

I loved Blast Corps [:D]

I hope they make a new Banjo game

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (27/10/2005 3:44:27 AM)

quote:

ha good luck u have left it a bit late u got no chance of geting one
on the lanch day [sm=34.gif]

Nah bollocks man.. they said that about the psp but you could order one mere days before launch in my town and get one on the 1st..

Not that i'm leaving it that late.. i'll be sorted. And if i'm not then i'll wait, no harm.

Godzilla -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (27/10/2005 4:43:44 PM)

35 Days until launch [:D]

g0thic_drag0n -> RE: Xbox 360 thread (27/10/2005 5:09:48 PM)

oh don't godzilla u know how to torcher a guy lol [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI