Extras - Second series (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Hobbitonlass -> Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 8:51:18 PM)

I know it hasn't started yet but I am really excited about this.

Next Thursday (14th) at 9pm on BBC2.  First episode starring Orlando Bloom and Keith Chegwin (who, apparently, is fantastic)

I never watched the first series when it was originally on but have caught the numerous repeats and have loved it.   Completely different from The OFfice but still has those cringeworthy moments.  [:D]

Art Vandelay -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 8:56:52 PM)

Can't Wait! The first Season was a lot better than i first expected it to be, and it looks like they've got an even more impressive list of Celebrities this year. Can't wait for Harry Potter to turn up! [:D]

Castor Troy -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 8:57:05 PM)

Literally cannot wait. I'm so glad it's starting so soon. It looks interesting in how they've developed Andy doing the sitcom he never wanted to do - but sometimes I think it's just too similar to Gervais' own life and personality.

Here are the trailers:

The first

And the second

grissom -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 8:59:43 PM)

sorry, but, IMO, gervais is very over-rated and so is Extras. [sm=whistle.gif]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 9:00:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Here are the trailers:

The first

And the second

[sm=happy07.gif] especially the second one.  Hadn't seen those before

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 9:02:37 PM)

Woo! Here we go! Gervais is always great value and I eagerly anticipate more hearty laughs.

GhostWriter -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 9:02:57 PM)

I'm look forward to this and I'm so glad it's just around the corner. My only concern is that it each episode contains too many cameos so it becomes spot the celebrity. But I'm sure Gervais and Merchant know what they're doing.

I

lord of the pies -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 9:46:57 PM)

I loved the first series this one looks as if it will be just as good. 

King_Wah -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 10:05:40 PM)

Very excited about this. Came around sooner than I thought.

Mikey C -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 10:07:41 PM)

With this series being about writing and acting in a sitcom, does it not run the risk of being self-indulgent arse that's hard to relate to? I'm hoping it teeters on the side of post-modern self-referential genius, myself, but you never know.

Castor Troy -> RE: Extras - Second series (6/9/2006 10:15:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mikey C

With this series being about writing and acting in a sitcom, does it not run the risk of being self-indulgent arse that's hard to relate to? I'm hoping it teeters on the side of post-modern self-referential genius, myself, but you never know.

But we haven't all got experience of desperately seeking fame on the set of film and TV as an extra - as seen in Series 1. It's the characters and human experiences in these situations that we relate to.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:38:49 AM)

Shameless *bump* (to also stop another thread being started) [:D]#

Tonight peeps [sm=happy34.gif]

Base -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:52:28 AM)

Excellent, was disappointed that I was dumb enough to think it started last week and recorded a (admittedly still funny) re-run...!

Anyone see the clip of Daniel Radcliffe trying to pull Maggie on Jonathon Ross.  Will never see Harry Potter the same way [:D]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:56:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base
Anyone see the clip of Daniel Radcliffe trying to pull Maggie on Jonathon Ross.  Will never see Harry Potter the same way [:D]

Yes and I laughed out loud at that.  Can't wait to see it [:D]

Sinatra -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 10:06:08 AM)

Sky+ is set!!!! [:D]

demondemon -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 11:36:39 AM)

why do they have to ruin it and tell us who is on every episode?

Castor Troy -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 12:19:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

To get the audiences in.

I can't wait, I really can't. I was watching the Patrick Stewart episode when it was repeated and it just reminded me how brilliant the show is. It definately grew on me over time. There are lots of little things I didn't pick up on first time round (mainly Larry David-isms which he doesn't do as good as Larry David). It'd be amazing if Karl Pilkington made an appearance.

Base -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 1:58:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

Oh, the irony [sm=augen14.gif]

*cough*LOST SPOILERBOY*cough*

[sm=whistle.gif]

audreyII -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 7:01:38 PM)

Trailers look promising, what's with that lingering look between Andy & Maggie??
I loved the Patrick Stewart episode, I missed most of it the first time as I was just couldn't stop laughing after he tells Andy the "plot" of his film. It's making me laugh just thinking about it, hope we get more of that!

bub -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:37:56 PM)

That was really tragic when Gervais was looking at all the idiots with catchphrases on their shirts [:(]

TobiasFunke -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:38:54 PM)

Excellent first episode 2nite imo, even Orlando Bloom was tolerable and Keith Chegwin was brilliant![:D] The laugh out loud moment for me was Andy's speech about dignity followed by the contents of 'Barry's jacket spilling out onto the floor [:D][:D] Can't wait for next week's Bowie appearance!

King_Wah -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:40:17 PM)

I thought it was ok. Loved the Lenny Henry gag. Obviously going to be more of a narrative running through this series. The poignant moment was him seeing Maggie's reaction and staring in to space knowing he'd sold out.

As for the guests. Bit of a non event really. The lovely Liza aside.

Zebra -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:41:19 PM)

Great start to the series!

Keith Chegwin was sheer genius!!! [:D] 

RockyWilcox -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:43:28 PM)

Thought it was pretty good. Laughed a lot when Merchant went to guess which took it up the arse and then when he told Barry that Andy would be going ahead with the show. 

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:43:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Wah

The lovely Liza aside.

I like Liza [:D]

My favourite line was between Andy and Maggie when he had phoned to make sure she was going to the show.  I do think that the chemistry between them is great and I'm worried that they are working towards bringing them together (hence the lingering look between them in the trailer).  Hope this doesn't happen.

Orlando Bloom was okay and Cheggars was funny.

King_Wah -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:52:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

My favourite line was between Andy and Maggie when he had phoned to make sure she was going to the show.  I do think that the chemistry between them is great and I'm worried that they are working towards bringing them together (hence the lingering look between them in the trailer).  Hope this doesn't happen.

They do work well together. I heard Gervais likened the double act to a sort of Laurel and Hardy, I'm with Stupid, type of relationship and they have it just right. I think Gervais and Merchant are clever enough not to spin that 'will they, won't they' line as a tease. Their comedy is not about that.

Castor Troy -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 9:56:21 PM)

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. I thought it tried too hard to concentrate on Andy and his selling out, and jokes with Maggie that have been done loads before about her being unattractive.

The funniest bit was:

"Willy Wonka? Johnny Wanker."

Sugar Kowalczyk -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 10:00:36 PM)

I missed most of it [:(] The bits I did see though were funny, I liked it when Keith Chegwin tried to 'act' and then said that totally bad line about Jews & Queers I am surprise the BBC let that one in, I wonder if people are going to see the funny side or if theres going to be some complaints about that.
There were loads of celebrities there tonight, totally different from Series 1 where they just had the 1 special celebrity.
I wish I had see the Barry/Shaun bit my mum has been talking to me about it and how funny it is. I have to say aside the two main characters Barry is funny as well as his agent [:D]

King_Wah -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 10:00:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Wasn't that impressed to be honest. I thought it tried too hard to concentrate on Andy and his selling out, and jokes with Maggie that have been done loads before about her being unattractive.

I thought that strand was overplayed as well.

Mikey C -> RE: Extras - Second series (14/9/2006 11:21:39 PM)

Yeah, it was alright.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI