RE: Terry retires from England (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

directorscut -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 8:41:39 PM)

They should report the incidents and let UEFA handle it and dish out their punishment. Don't tell people how to clean their house when your house ain't exactly the Ritz either.

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 8:44:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

They should report the incidents and let UEFA handle it and dish out their punishment.

That's exactly what they have done you goon.

horribleives -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 9:32:01 PM)

quote:

They should report the incidents and let UEFA handle it and dish out their punishment. Don't tell people how to clean their house when your house ain't exactly the Ritz either.

So because of the Suarez and Terry cases (which both ended with the players being fined and banned), the FA should just ignore everything that happened last night (and the subsequent bare-faced lie denying it)?
Do you even know what happened last night?

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 9:52:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
So because of the Suarez and Terry cases (which both ended with the players being fined and banned), the FA should just ignore everything that happened last night (and the subsequent bare-faced lie denying it)?

He's doing his WUM routine again. If it had been Ireland over there last night who'd had all that he'd be screaming bloody murder.

directorscut -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 10:09:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

He's doing his WUM routine again. If it had been Ireland over there last night who'd had all that he'd be screaming bloody murder.

And if UEFA told the FA to ban Terry or Chelsea from playing for a season or five or ten you'd bet they and the media would be screaming "How dare they tell us what to do!"

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (17/10/2012 10:18:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

And if UEFA told the FA to ban Terry or Chelsea from playing for a season or five or ten you'd bet they and the media would be screaming "How dare they tell us what to do!"

THE FA AREN'T TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO. They have asked UEFA to "take the strongest possible action against the Serbian FA, their supporters and anyone found guilty of being involved in the numerous instances of violence and abuse". Which is not only reasonable given what happened, it's exactly what any other FA in Europe would have said in the same circumstances.

Honestly, your "The FA can't say anything because there was racism in the English game 20 years ago and a former England captain was punished for making a racist comment" stance is asinine in the extreme.

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 8:05:45 PM)

I take it nobody is watching this? 1-0 Sweden with 35 mins gone and a goal from that flat-track pony Zlatan. Could be more and Cleverly missed an open(ish) goal!

1-1 just as I posted this! [:D] Welbeck nice goal

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 8:45:08 PM)

England have actually been fairly decent in fits and starts. Started sluggishly (as is their wont) but two well-taken goals. Defence is still an issue, but some positives so far I think.

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 8:58:37 PM)

Sterling is certainly a positive and Osman's done pretty well 2nd half...not sure he adds much to what we've already got though.

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:05:14 PM)

A great pass aside, I think Sterling has been fairly quiet. Osman has been solid, and I'd prefer him to the likes of Barry or Parker. Pleased to see Wilshere return, and hope Zaha gets a decent run-out.

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:10:34 PM)

I think Sterling has been good at keeping the ball, generally looking to go forward, and Olsson had to foul him several times. Great goal from Zlatan

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:13:21 PM)

Fuck me! Think Townsend being very harsh on Hart there...quality strike

directorscut -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:15:55 PM)

Best. Goalkeeper. In. The. World.

Doesn't make any mistakes.

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:19:06 PM)

quote:

Best. Goalkeeper. In. The. World.

Doesn't make any mistakes.

Yes. If you share the opinion of Andy Townsend

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:20:46 PM)

HA! You can have that one though! [:D] Still any doubts from anyone that Zlatan is a bit special?

directorscut -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:22:43 PM)

Zlatan will get the plaudits but don't neglect Hart's terrific assist.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:26:33 PM)

Looks like Zlatan has turned up when Sweden need him most; in a pointless friendly against England [;)]

But ,yes,Hart has had abit of a stinker but it happens.
Daft time to have a friendly anyway.[8|]

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:33:15 PM)

Outstanding by Ibra, obviously he wouldn't have stood a chance if Hart wasn't in goal* but still an exceptional performance. No real shame in that loss, Sweden are a good side, England with a lot of debutants but you'd have wanted England to kick on and get more goals when they were on top.

Scott_ -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:36:58 PM)

Been stuck waiting for a bus for 2 fucking hours and missed the game so...were we as bad as the score suggests and is it Ok for me to think of Zlatan when I touch myself later? Or was he not that good?

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:39:53 PM)

England weren't that bad, not great but not that bad. Punished by one of the best strikers in Europe.

Skiba -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 9:54:30 PM)

Look for the goals Scotty...some corkers

Olaf -> RE: Terry retires from England (14/11/2012 10:20:14 PM)

all the world needs to KNEEL BEFORE ZLATAN.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Terry retires from England (15/11/2012 4:54:44 PM)

I too missed the match as I was on a flight. I caught up with the goals this morning. What a corker that forth one was! Just the kind of strike that a player who often lacks confidence needed [;)]

jonson -> RE: Terry retires from England (15/11/2012 5:43:05 PM)

I think he was crossing it to be honest.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Terry retires from England (16/11/2012 11:28:17 AM)

Good:
I like Caulker getting a run out, Osman hopefully stays in for Carrick, while I think too early good to see Zaha and Sterling getting some game time and particularly the latter not looking out of place, still sticking with the formation, kept the ball better on an awful pitch, really young team out. Plus Huddlestone finally being fit and recognized as a brilliant player in the 2 if you are playing 4-2-3-1.

Bad:
Poor game for the keeper, still not convinced about Cahill, the result.

You just have to hope that the next competitive squad keeps the kids who did well (while a bit sad we need to make sure Zaha and Sterling are not longer eligible to play elsewhere), and doesn't just return the older meh players back into the squad.
If its a toss up between two players, especially for the bench, lets go with the integration of the kids.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Terry retires from England (4/2/2013 1:21:39 PM)

Interesting squad for the Brazil game IMHO.

I still think our weakness is still at Centre Half, where I still have no idea of whom I think should be a regular nevermind a partnership.
Cahill, Jags, Lescott aren't good enough for where we should be aiming and none of the young hopefuls have stepped up yet making a claim.

Big plus' for Wednesday is Defoe pulling out injured along with Carrick, but Sturridge will hopefully make it to play the lone forward although in some ways I'd still like to see Rooney there instead.

From that squad I'd quite like to see the following; Hart, Cole, ??????, ?????, Johnson, Gerrard, Wilshere, Osman, Rooney, Walcott, Sturridge.

If Sturridge is injured I'd play Rooney up top with Wilshere pushing up into that supporting 3 and Cleverly sitting in alonside Gerrard.

For the next championships (if we qualify which we should), we need more options out wide and as mentioned at Centre Half. But I think its a fairly strong squad given the importance of the U21's happening at the same time.

Scott_ -> RE: Terry retires from England (4/2/2013 1:35:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Interesting squad for the Brazil game IMHO.

I still think our weakness is still at Centre Half, where I still have no idea of whom I think should be a regular nevermind a partnership.
Cahill, Jags, Lescott aren't good enough for where we should be aiming and none of the young hopefuls have stepped up yet making a claim.

Big plus' for Wednesday is Defoe pulling out injured along with Carrick, but Sturridge will hopefully make it to play the lone forward although in some ways I'd still like to see Rooney there instead.

From that squad I'd quite like to see the following; Hart, Cole, ??????, ?????, Johnson, Gerrard, Wilshere, Osman, Rooney, Walcott, Sturridge.

If Sturridge is injured I'd play Rooney up top with Wilshere pushing up into that supporting 3 and Cleverly sitting in alonside Gerrard.

For the next championships (if we qualify which we should), we need more options out wide and as mentioned at Centre Half. But I think its a fairly strong squad given the importance of the U21's happening at the same time.

Theres nobody else though so we are shit out of luck. I'd go with Smalling/Cahill...don't think it matters who plays, they are all fairly average right now. Smalling will improve though so I'd give him a game. Roy should probably find a way to get Rio back to play alongside him really...

I'd go with the same team as you but swap Sturridge for Theo and put Lennon out wide. Maybe Baines in for Cole, cos Baines is awesome and there'll be plenty of time for Cole to get cap 100.

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Terry retires from England (4/2/2013 9:06:24 PM)

I don't often get up for friendly internationals. But its Brazil At Wembley! Bring it on.

superdan -> RE: Terry retires from England (5/2/2013 8:48:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I don't often get up for friendly internationals. But its Brazil At Wembley! Bring it on.

Given there's still a not-unreasonable chance we might not qualify for the WC, I'd suggest trying to train yourself to enjoy friendlies a little more [:D]

Professor Moriarty -> RE: Terry retires from England (5/2/2013 5:33:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Given there's still a not-unreasonable chance we might not qualify for the WC, I'd suggest trying to train yourself to enjoy friendlies a little more [:D]

Like a pert virgin, Sven ruined them for me. [:D] 10 substitutions at half time meant it was a knock-about. I guess the manager got some insight to that. But all it meant to me was that I felt like one of the few adults in England to have not been capped. As Brazil are ranked 12 places below England I'd say we've got to be looking at a 4-1 win or something, haven't we? [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  182 183 [184] 185 186   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI