RE: Report bug and glitches here... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

lulu karma -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (19/2/2006 12:37:40 AM)

Jim R, we delete posts if they are offensive in some way or edit them appropriately.  Can you indicate which threads you have posts missing from?  How many do you think are missing?

In short, there has been no report in the moderator's forum saying that your posts have been deleted or edited. [8|]

Hmmm Miho.  I wish I could offer more on this one.  I've been affected quite often by this glitch.  It has been brought to the attention of Empire's IT folks.

JIm R -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (20/2/2006 11:13:08 AM)

No probs lulu

I don't have the specifics to hand but on the whole I'm able to join and retain in most discussions so it's all cool.

Thanks for getting back to me.

xim123 -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (26/2/2006 8:14:21 PM)

Somehow my signature has become corrupt and now when I go in to try and change it the bottom of the page (with the save changes button) is missing.  It looks like the html  for the bottom of the page is not being rendered and is being displayed in the signature box.  I can't do anything with it at the moment, is there a way I can get my signature reset?

The problem just appears to be with firefox

Satine -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (28/2/2006 12:30:59 PM)

Whenever I edit my film diary it does strange things to the last two lines, could anyone give me a hand please?

LINK

MartinBlank76 -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (28/2/2006 12:43:13 PM)

I am getting this when I try to reply to a news topic or post a blog but it doesnt affect me on the actual forums. Any help please?

Could not find stored procedure 's_MessageUpdate'.

theres some other stuff written as well but I figure this is the general gist of the problem (using my lack of computer type knowledge!)

zuccicelia -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (28/2/2006 4:40:06 PM)

I cant send any PM's! What do I do now!!

Twizzle -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (1/3/2006 9:21:02 AM)

The 'edit', 'quote' and 'delete' functions aren't working for me atm.  Any idea why?

sixtythree -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (5/3/2006 7:09:50 PM)

quote:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'
Overflow: 'Cint'
/interviews_and_events/oscars2006/sweepstake/default.asp, line 51

I keep getting this error whenever I try to submit my Oscar predictions. I have been getting it for a few days now.

Graham Pickersgill -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (6/3/2006 3:04:06 PM)

Another glitch seems to be on the "Empire Predicts screen" with many people apparently believing that Felicity Huffman stood a chance of winning Best Actor. I guess its the wrong photo and should be Philip Seymour Hoffman. Other than that, a darn good site.

Graham Pickersgill

MadMart -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (7/3/2006 2:44:02 PM)

Hey,
just thought i should mention that the new Rocky trailer linked in your trailers section no longer seems to be hoested by that website.

Mnemonic -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (10/3/2006 4:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twizzle

The 'edit', 'quote' and 'delete' functions aren't working for me atm.  Any idea why?

Twizzle: The most likely cause is that you have some kind of popup blocker installed, as all of those functions open in a new window.

There are two ways you could solve the problem if this is the case:
1: - Allow the empire forums on your popup blocker / firewall's exclusion list
2: - Go to "My Empire" and edit "My Preferences", and change "Posting/Editing style" to "Inline posting" from "Pop-up".

Hope this helps

-Mnemonic

clare_star_ -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (13/3/2006 11:24:46 AM)

I have been having a nightmare morning.... I tried to post in the Today I Saw thread and I got a little pop-up saying I had zoned-out or something. It then said I hadn't logged in so I went to reenter my details but according to Empire I was still logged in. I could access My Details but on the forum I was shown as being off line! Plus nothing is loading for me and its taking an age to view any page of the forum! Arg!

i007_Bond_007i -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (13/3/2006 5:18:56 PM)

The little ball-throwing smilie in my signature isn't working. I just tried the site where I got it from (www.planetsmilies.com), and that's not working either [&:].

obsessive_chick -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (14/3/2006 8:26:42 PM)

I still can't post a new thread and I can only use the fast reply button. I've tried everything that I can think of and nothing is working. It's really getiing on my nerves cos I really wanna post something. This never happened to me on the old Empire.

clare_star_ -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (16/3/2006 7:42:03 PM)

I tried to answer that piracy poll but got this instead:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'
String or binary data would be truncated.
/manage/classes/datahandler.asp, line 71

obsessive_chick -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (16/3/2006 10:38:48 PM)

It's still not working. Seriously, what is wrong?

Blythy -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (16/3/2006 10:53:23 PM)

Page 5 on the survey has dodgy answers for one of the questions. I also get the same problem as above, but I skipped sections.

Mnemonic -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (17/3/2006 2:28:43 PM)

Obsessive_chick: see my answer to Twizzle above - it's probably the same thing

Twizzle -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (17/3/2006 2:44:04 PM)

Thanks for your advice. [:)]

However, I don't think that the pop-up blocker is to blame as it's not enabled on this site.  I think it's just the Empire gremlins at work.  It actually hasn't been a problem at all for me this past week or so but now there's a different problem when trying to access the forum/posts.  Swings & roundabouts eh? [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

Thanks for trying to help though.  It's much appreciated. [:)]

Benjamin Dover -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (17/3/2006 6:43:17 PM)

I have lost the email notification choice, when i post a message, also, all the threads i allready get notification from has stopped... the notifications i mean.. How do i fix it?

obsessive_chick -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (17/3/2006 10:04:09 PM)

I've tried pretty much everything and it's still not working.

obsessive_chick -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (22/3/2006 8:54:39 PM)

It's working again. I hope it lasts.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (2/4/2006 7:25:36 PM)

I havent recieved the newsletter since February.. i think

JV -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (4/4/2006 1:18:51 PM)

1) As mentioned in another thread, accessing the forum via a shortcut is hit & miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to go through the main site.

2) I am having problems deleting PMs today. The little window comes up telling me the action is irreversible if I continue, so I click "Yes" and lo, it doesn't do anything. This is the same whether I try and delete PMs from the Inbox or whether I do it from within a PM itself.

jinks -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (4/4/2006 1:40:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

2) I am having problems deleting PMs today. The little window comes up telling me the action is irreversible if I continue, so I click "Yes" and lo, it doesn't do anything. This is the same whether I try and delete PMs from the Inbox or whether I do it from within a PM itself.

Getting the same problem too...[:(]

FBTurner -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (4/4/2006 1:47:36 PM)

I keep being sent email to my hotmail account say QA POSTS.... From empire.... Please help over the past 2 days I have had 600...

And I am not joking....[:@]

msm -> QA POST (7/4/2006 11:01:59 AM)

hi

sorry if this is old news - i have just returned from 4 days away and see that my mail box was flooded with about 700 mails from empireonline titled QA POST.

can someone please advise

Mnemonic -> RE: QA POST (7/4/2006 11:10:19 AM)

msm / FBTurner: see this post:
http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=411076

crayon -> RE: QA POST (9/4/2006 11:28:55 PM)

Whenever I delete PMs, I get this messge:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /forum/pm.asp, line 241

unless I click on another link while it's processing.  In which case it seems to
work.  So now whenever I delete a message or a read report, I have to click the 'inbox' link really quickly.

FBTurner -> RE: Report bug and glitches here... (11/4/2006 2:38:00 PM)

Friend of mine has joined Empire online, filled in the registration etc but is not able to log on they are noted as a user but not able to log.They have not forgotten there password and have emailed a number of people from Empire to help but no one has come back to them.... I click on his name and sent an email and he has received it through his hotmail account.... Please help....

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI