RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

darth silas -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (30/8/2010 11:29:51 PM)

Ghostbusters 3 should NEVER happen.We got one classic film and a sequel that was pretty good.Leave it at that.

TheSpleen -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 12:24:58 PM)

With so many differing quotes from the actors and writers and Ivan about this happening do we even have any concrete proof? Murray is adamant he hasn't read the script and doesn't understand why the rest are confirming it as announced. Maybe he's just winding the fans up.

Marwood -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 12:59:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

With so many differing quotes from the actors and writers and Ivan about this happening do we even have any concrete proof? Murray is adamant he hasn't read the script and doesn't understand why the rest are confirming it as announced. Maybe he's just winding the fans up.

Well there are some things that keep coming back round:

1. Dan Akroyd is up for it
2. Harold Ramis is up for it
3. Bill Murray wasn't happy with the second film and thinks the third is a bad idea but is open to seeing a script
4. The script is being worked on by some writers of The Office (US version)
5. Ivan Reitman wants to direct
6. Sony is wavering on Reitman directing due to the quality of his recent films (i.e. Year One)

Murray's being very negative about it and because he's arguably the star of the franchise he's the person people readily listen to, therefore when he says "it isn't happening" that probably means "I hope it doesn't happen". Akroyd has been the only one of the team to deliver reliable news so far (like naming the writers) and I think is spearheading it.

TheSpleen -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 1:27:18 PM)

Ah, many thanks for the updates. Hope Moranis and Hudson return if it does happen.

Sphinx -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 5:01:54 PM)

Hope is revived with some info, some real decent info - Have the kid geeky and humble, Jamie Bell maybe good. No daft Cgi silliness on par with Indy 4 like I dunno, the car flying, surviving a big nuclear blast, NO ANIMALS DO YOU HEAR? NONE!!!

....Yes Indy 4 still hurts....[&:][&:][&:][&:]

ElephantBoy -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 5:39:16 PM)

This rumour has been kicking around for such a long time now than I think it will happen even if it takes awhile.

As unthinkable as it might be, I think they will just do it without Murray if he doesn't sign up. I am in complete agreement with him about the second film by the way.

The most intruiging romour was about the Office writters being involved that sounds good to me, altough it would be a chellenge very different to that show.

I don't think Reitman should direct this time however, it would need someone a bit fresher with a different a more forward thinking take on it.

darth silas -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 7:46:50 PM)

If they REALLY have to make another Ghostbusters movie,then they should just reboot the franchise entirely and start with a clean slate.The last movie was over TWENTY years ago people.Have some original cast members make cameos but thats it.

ElephantBoy -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (31/8/2010 11:26:12 PM)

Agreed!

Marwood -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (1/9/2010 9:33:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

If they REALLY have to make another Ghostbusters movie,then they should just reboot the franchise entirely and start with a clean slate.The last movie was over TWENTY years ago people.Have some original cast members make cameos but thats it.

Hmmm, that could be the lesser of two evils but would fan flames as much as another sequel - both have a danger of shitting on the memory of the original (great) and first sequel (so-so) but a reboot/remake of something that beloved is a dangerous move.

Overall though I think you're right; after belated sequels like Die Hard 4.0 and Kingdom of The Crystal Skull I think there are some series' that (if the studio/producers/filmmakers absolutely have to rape that corpse one more time) would be better suited to the reboot/remake treatment...and Ghostbusters is one of them.

As for doing it without Murray....I agree that ultimately they will go ahead without him (providing that rights issue has been sorted out because he could still stop them legally if he still retains some of the rights).

Reitman has lost his teeth as a director; maybe he just needs the right material as imo his non-Ghostbusters output has always been shaky. I think he should still produce but imo the film would benefit from some Edgar Wright.

motamared -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (1/9/2010 9:34:30 AM)

My Plot for GB3

Ghostbusters team travel to Egypt to fight againist ancient evil live in the pyramids who return from death to control the world (Water & Air) and make all people in all countries slaves for him and if anybody refuse ,he can transform him to a statue,he need to be a master and God so Ghostbusters team try to find a solution to save the world and to fight the evil,whats your opinion on this plot?

Thanks

John Samy

Egyptian Reader

ElephantBoy -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (1/9/2010 3:39:02 PM)

Fine, you can have 10 million to make it and not a penny more[;)]

silent_tea -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (5/9/2010 10:53:36 PM)

I want to se Ghostbusters 3 now!

Is Bill Murray going to be killed off in the first scene? Thats what he wants to happen. Would be great if he is then turned into a zombie as we all know he does a great zombie impression!

fuzzy -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (9/9/2010 3:27:35 PM)

No sequel and definitely no reboot. How's that?

In fact, thinking of it, what I would except is some tongue in cheek advert featuring the original Ghostbusters, a bit like when BT had the Gremlins a few years ago.

Sotto Voce -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (9/9/2010 3:59:37 PM)

There's potential there, but with Murray still reluctant, and none of us getting any younger, I dunno......
I can imagine a few funny scenes of dusting off the old equipment, trying to remember whose basement its in etc.

I agree both a total reboot and a 'next generation' thing are bad ideas. I suppose if they get their arses into gear soon, it could be worthwhile.

TheSpleen -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (10/8/2011 10:04:41 PM)

It's been a while and still no new info from anything I can find.. Maybe it's dead. 

thetruth -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 10:02:59 AM)

A new Ghostbusters could be excellent,but not as a sequel.Old men running(walking) around would suck big time.
Technology has advanced,but as we regularly see,in the wrong hands its no guarantee.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 10:32:53 AM)

I reckon a new Ghostbusters is a long, long time away. If this film was happening it'd be done and out by now.

Marwood -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 12:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I reckon a new Ghostbusters is a long, long time away. If this film was happening it'd be done and out by now.

Probably, the only time anything's heard about it these days really is Dan Aykroyd talking it up or Bill Murray saying he's not seen a script so can't comment.

Still it's been gestating this long already so how much longer will they wait? I still think the reboot/loose sequel idea is the way to go personally. Murray's never been keen, Ramis has never championed it, Reitman's pretty much just a producer these days (and given his last few outings as director that isn't a bad thing). Aykroyd aside I wonder how much real enthusiasm is there from the original crew.

IMO Sony should go ahead with a loose sequel featuring new characters with references to the originals and the odd cameo to link the two eras.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 12:06:57 PM)

If they got a decent cast and script it would work. I wouldnt be against it if that was the case. As long as they stayed away from the typical suspects. I'd rather see a quirky cast like some of the guys from SNL - that dude who does the music skits with Timberlake- Paul Rudd, the dude from Zombieland, Anna Farris etc.

ripperman -> RE: Ghostbusters III (11/8/2011 1:51:06 PM)

God no!! Ghostbusters is sacred. If there is going to be one more movie Id rather a proper sequel with original cast, all alive (that rumour that Bill Murray wont star unless hes dead and cast as a ghost sounds quite frankly rubbish to me. Essentially Venkman replacing Slimer in the role of the comic relief ghost floating around in the corner and contributing the odd piece of sarcasm will not a funny movie make!) Just end the story of the original guys in proper fashion. If they must, leave an opening at the end for a new series with younger actors or whatever. Old fans satisfied, younger audience catered for in new series. Job done.

NCC1701A -> RE: Ghostbusters III (11/8/2011 2:11:11 PM)

Sadly too much time has passed for this to really work. And I don't want to see other people in the role of the Ghostbusters. Both Ghostbusters 1 and 2 were great films best to leave it alone now.

darth silas -> RE: Ghostbusters III (11/8/2011 3:05:44 PM)

Agreed.They should just forget about it now.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Ghostbusters III (11/8/2011 5:03:18 PM)

Remake Ghostbusters.... as a horror movie!

Spaldron -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 5:22:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

If they got a decent cast and script it would work. I wouldnt be against it if that was the case. As long as they stayed away from the typical suspects. I'd rather see a quirky cast like some of the guys from SNL - that dude who does the music skits with Timberlake- Paul Rudd, the dude from Zombieland, Anna Farris etc.

That's the shittest idea ever. There is only one Ghostbusters! Replacing them with a bunch of new SNL wannabe's will be a major suckfest/lazy cash in on the original. We'd probably end up with those cunts from Lonely Island.

TheSpleen -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (11/8/2011 5:30:28 PM)

I still think the original guys can make a compelling film minus training the 'new guys'.  Just depends if they actually feel they have a story to tell or just fancied the pay day. I'd be worried with an over use of CGI ghosts and 3D and constant need to mention facebook so the kids laugh along.

Sotto Voce -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (12/8/2011 9:42:46 AM)

I agree, but they need to start working on it now.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (16/8/2011 1:08:43 AM)

NO.

Sutty -> RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III (8/10/2011 3:27:04 PM)

I would love to see Ackroyd/Ramis/Murray et al back in the ghostbusting business. But they have to do something soon and it would have to be RIGHT. It would be one of those things that would either rock or drop. Over the years we have had many comparable movies. The likes of Evolution and Men In Black all have there DNA in Ghostbusters. It couldn't pander to the PC brigade. It would have to be as sharp and literate as it was in '83.

Or it could be another Kingdom of the Alien Skull in 50's Americana With Russians Because The Germans Have Been Done With A Really Shit Character Who's Face You Wanna Smash Called Mutt In It.

I thinks what the last Indy film was called anyway. Title not hugely memorable and neither was the film...

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI