Eureka (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Mason Verger -> Eureka (2/8/2006 7:29:13 PM)

begins on Wednesday 2nd August at 9.00pm on Sky One.

In this new sci-fi, the world's geniuses have been secretly relocated to a picturesque American nowhere town, where averagely bright US marshal Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson) and his daughter Zoe (Jordan Hinson) find themselves stranded. The focus of the town's intellectual might is a mystery for now.

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/about/

[8|]

Peppermint -> RE: Eureka (2/8/2006 7:45:54 PM)

Here's one that was made earlier [:D]

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=690304

Captain Black -> RE: Eureka (2/8/2006 7:51:49 PM)

Is the linked thread in Peppermint's post best used as a downloaders speed thread and this left as a Sky thread?

I saw a trail for this on Sky Three, which means I should be able to watch it in about 18 months. [:D] I did look good though. [:)] Might join the good people in the downloaders thread. [;)]

Peppermint -> RE: Eureka (2/8/2006 8:05:29 PM)

Up to you, CB [:D] I was just poking my nose in anyway [:)]

Zatoichi -> RE: Eureka (2/8/2006 11:47:28 PM)

Really liked that for the most part. Thought it went on a bit long, which is probably because I thought it was only on for an hour, but otherwise very good. I like the characters and recognising a lot of familar faces among the cast (Walter was in The X-Files episode Ghost in the Machine) and though it was kinda predictable at times, the ending was a bit of a shock. Why do so many American shows have a main character called Jack though?

elab49 -> RE: Eureka (2/8/2006 11:47:51 PM)

Maybe one thread would be fine given the US is only just over a week ahead?

Walkerboy -> RE: Eureka (4/8/2006 9:32:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Even if it's only a week or two ahead in the US, using the download thread would involve spoilers for those of us watching on Sky!

Anyway..... I recorded it on Wednesday night and started to watch last night/this morning.  Have got to what was evidently the end of episode 1 (arrival at Eureka).
It's good..... and I've been a bit dubious about new US shows since Invasion started and really disappointed.

Some relatively familiar faces from other shows and some nice looking ladies to boot.
Is Henry played by the Cyberdine guy from T2?
Intriguing premise too, nicely paced, not too excessively sci-fi or serious.
Seems a little like X-Files "lite" in the teaming up of a new Mulder & Scully kind of partnership except with the male being the sceptic this time.

Think I could quite easily stick with this show!

elab49 -> RE: Eureka (4/8/2006 10:03:55 AM)

I wouldn't have said X-Files - for me it was more Eerie Indiana.

And yes - that is Joe Morton [:)]

Spartacus -> RE: Eureka (4/8/2006 6:50:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walkerboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Even if it's only a week or two ahead in the US, using the download thread would involve spoilers for those of us watching on Sky!

Anyway..... I recorded it on Wednesday night and started to watch last night/this morning.  Have got to what was evidently the end of episode 1 (arrival at Eureka).
It's good..... and I've been a bit dubious about new US shows since Invasion started and really disappointed.

Some relatively familiar faces from other shows and some nice looking ladies to boot.
Is Henry played by the Cyberdine guy from T2?
Intriguing premise too, nicely paced, not too excessively sci-fi or serious.
Seems a little like X-Files "lite" in the teaming up of a new Mulder & Scully kind of partnership except with the male being the sceptic this time.

Think I could quite easily stick with this show!

Yup.

As others have said, it has a more Eerie Indiana feel to it, which is no bad thing if they can pull it off.

Helo -> RE: Eureka (24/8/2006 9:43:39 PM)

Anyone else keeping up with this via downloads?  If so, have only one thing to say about this weeks Ep... (please excuse gratuitous blokeishness)...... Deputy Jo, Little black dress. [sm=893obsessed-thumb.gif]

sanchia -> RE: Eureka (24/8/2006 10:19:07 PM)

A bit behind the times having only seen the pilot but a slightly dull Eerie Indiana does seem to pretty much describe the tone.  I'm going to try a few more episodes to see if it is worth keeping up with.

Spartacus -> RE: Eureka (25/8/2006 10:28:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helo

Anyone else keeping up with this via downloads?  If so, have only one thing to say about this weeks Ep... (please excuse gratuitous blokeishness)...... Deputy Jo, Little black dress. [sm=893obsessed-thumb.gif]

It was the gun strapped to her thigh that topped it off for me [img]http://www.daveshosting.co.uk/smileys/graucho.gif[/img]

Helo -> RE: Eureka (25/8/2006 10:35:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

quote:

It was the gun strapped to her thigh that topped it off for me [image]http://www.daveshosting.co.uk/smileys/graucho.gif[/image]

It is for moments like this that freeze frame and rewind was invented [sm=whistle.gif]

Spartacus -> RE: Eureka (25/8/2006 3:25:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

quote:

It was the gun strapped to her thigh that topped it off for me [image]http://www.daveshosting.co.uk/smileys/graucho.gif[/image]

It is for moments like this that freeze frame and rewind was invented [sm=whistle.gif]

Totally [:D]

Still roll on 6th Oct for Cally [img]http://www.daveshosting.co.uk/smileys/drool.gif[/img]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI