Labyrinth (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Labyrinth (28/7/2006 9:57:54 AM)

Post your comments on this article

labyrinth -> Timeless. (23/4/2007 2:36:41 PM)

Jim Henson is the undisputed master of Puppetry, even now 20 years later this film feels advanced in terms of fantasy character and scenery without the use of CGI.
Rumour has it that Michael Jackson was the original choice to play Jareth, but even in his prime he surely could not have captured the essence of the Goblin king and connected so emotionally to Jennifer Connelly's character Sarah the way Bowie does here.
As a Child there were moments in this film that frightened me somewhat, but I still found it as mesmerising then as I do now, it hasn't lost it's magic and there have been very few films CGI-less on a Par with it since.

DaisyDivision -> RE: Timeless. (30/5/2007 3:06:16 AM)

This film is a timeless classic, and perhaps made even better for it's use of puppets. Still one of my all time favourite films since being a kid [:)]

APovey -> RE: Timeless. (30/5/2007 2:02:51 PM)

One of my wife's favourite as a kid. Not so much now.

Just doesn't seem to have held up well and David Bowie.........[sm=rolleyes10.gif]

nicholsonsmhead -> RE: Timeless. (30/5/2007 3:14:56 PM)

Nothing? Nothing? Nothing, tra-la-la?

Class, all the way.

You remind me of the babe...

*emz6* -> RE: Timeless. (30/5/2007 7:51:16 PM)

i watched it again for the first time in ages and realised that the majority of my dreams when i was younger were all Labyrinth related/inspired etc. I feel it may have fucked with my head a bit, oh well its still class[:D]

DaisyDivision -> RE: Timeless. (31/5/2007 12:39:55 AM)

David Bowie makes this film! It wouldn't be half as good without him [:)] The only bad thing about the film is Jeniffer Connely's character, she's a right whiny kid. She wound me up when I was little and she still does [>:]

the sangypange -> RE: Timeless. (31/5/2007 2:20:23 PM)

david bowie used to scare me in this film, i think it was the hair

*emz6* -> RE: Timeless. (31/5/2007 3:13:07 PM)

Quality avatar mate[:D]

the sangypange -> RE: Timeless. (31/5/2007 10:14:09 PM)

thank you very much

Super Hans -> RE: Timeless. (1/6/2007 6:02:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the sangypange

Not the obscenely tight leggings then?[sm=ohmy.gif]

JokerJr -> Before... (1/6/2007 6:10:53 PM)

...the muppet movie, there was Labyrinth! this is a retro classic!

phunkyfish -> RE: Timeless. (11/6/2007 10:55:19 AM)

Never mind the hair, what about his codpiece? My missus pointed his loaded crotch out to me when we watched Labyrinth a while back. Now every time I watch it, I can't stop looking! I think it must be my latent homosexuality...

"It's a crystal Sarah, nothing more"
[8|]

sanchia -> RE: Timeless. (12/6/2007 6:54:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: the sangypange

Not the obscenely tight leggings then?[sm=ohmy.gif]

You could see what religion he was [;)]

4aces -> RE: Timeless. (17/6/2007 1:23:54 PM)

I saw this again the other day... Still love it.. And totally adore the songs.. Goddamnit, the are stuck in my head again [:D].. Looks timeless, and only the synth score has dated. I love Didymus [:D], and he has some great expressions... David Bowie really ownt his part.. Yup, i love this..

harvestmoon -> (28/4/2011 2:21:58 PM)

3 stars my ass

mr darkman -> Get that bulge out of my face ! (17/4/2014 11:01:09 AM)

This may be one of my favourite films of all time and maybe the most underated movie I have ever seen and I was not even shocked a bit when I saw your evil 3 star rating of a timeless classic with only one problem David Bowie's bulge witch has scared my brain , this film is so magical I didn't even care about the bad effects , this aside the muppits is Jim Henson 's best work in my opinion , this film will stand the test of time , as Jeremy jahns said Labyrinth is AWESOMETACULAR!

mr darkman -> Get that bulge out of my face ! (17/4/2014 11:02:10 AM)

This may be one of my favourite films of all time and maybe the most underated movie I have ever seen and I was not even shocked a bit when I saw your evil 3 star rating of a timeless classic with only one problem David Bowie's bulge witch has scared my brain , this film is so magical I didn't even care about the bad effects , this aside the muppits is Jim Henson 's best work in my opinion , this film will stand the test of time , as Jeremy jahns said Labyrinth is AWESOMETACULAR!

mr darkman -> Get that bulge out of my face ! (17/4/2014 11:02:37 AM)

mr darkman -> Get that bulge out of my face ! (17/4/2014 11:02:57 AM)

mr darkman -> Get that bulge out of my face ! (17/4/2014 11:07:34 AM)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI