RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Indio -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (22/3/2007 7:49:35 PM)

The Business is on Channel 4 at 10.30 tonight, I'm sure the vast army of fans Danny Dyer has on this forum will be tuning in to watch it later... [:D]

xim123 -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (23/3/2007 12:15:03 AM)

There's some great films on TV this weekend, don't know how Wrenster is going to be able to keep his Film of The Week in single figures.
  • Toy Story
  • Confessions of A Dangerous Mind
  • Chocolat
  • Heaven
  • Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Out of Sight
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • The Right Stuff
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • Schindler's List
  • Apocalypse Now
  • City of God
  • The Usual Suspects
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • LA Confidential
No doubt Wrenster will be providing his much-better-than-this listing soon; but I already had this list so I though I'd post it.

Kyle_R_ -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (24/3/2007 9:41:02 AM)

Yeh I was about to say this is the best week I have seenin a long time!

I'm usually angry that the good films overlap but there's so many this week I can handle missing a few.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (30/3/2007 8:22:47 AM)

The Friday Listing is back and proper (after a little rushed job last week). Enjoy!

Rhubarb -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (3/4/2007 1:22:39 PM)

Really enjoying the Sunshine-inspired Danny Boyle season on FilmFour at the moment, 28 Days Later tonight!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (6/4/2007 10:34:55 AM)

Put down those Easter eggs for five minutes, the new listing is up and running. Enjoy!

maffew -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (11/4/2007 1:49:04 AM)

wow.. Van Helsing is actually totally dire! i mean, i was expecting fluff, but at least entertaining fluff.. its just utterly, inconcievably bad rubbish!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (13/4/2007 8:45:36 AM)

Maffew, don't say I didn't warn you.

And there are some other gems for you to complain about this week too. Get the nose pegs out, the stinkers are coming.

New list on page one. Enjoy!

Indio -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (14/4/2007 6:16:35 PM)

Election is on ITV later tonight. [sm=happy34.gif]

frubjious -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (14/4/2007 10:27:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: maffew

wow.. Van Helsing is actually totally dire! i mean, i was expecting fluff, but at least entertaining fluff.. its just utterly, inconcievably bad rubbish!

Or as i now think of it Van "two hours of my life i'll never have again" Helsing.

My favourtie part is when Kate Bekinsdale stares mistly into the distance and says "i've never seen the sea. It msut be beautiful" [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

pettsy -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV Discussion Thread (New Listing Every Friday) (16/4/2007 1:40:36 PM)

LAWN DOGS 12.05am BBC2 *HIGHLY RECOMMENDED*

I really want to draw people's attention to this, its a great little film.  Sucks you right in from the get-go.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV Discussion Thread (New Listing Every Friday) (16/4/2007 3:03:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

LAWN DOGS 12.05am BBC2 *HIGHLY RECOMMENDED*

I really want to draw people's attention to this, its a great little film.  Sucks you right in from the get-go.

Agree with you there, Pettsy...a mighty fine, small movie that demands viewing.

It's on this coming Friday night.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV Discussion Thread (New Listing Every Friday) (20/4/2007 10:27:03 AM)

Once again the weekend has come upon us, which can only mean a listing on Page one. Enjoy!

Spectre -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV Discussion Thread (New Listing Every Friday) (20/4/2007 7:22:16 PM)

Great listing, thanks Wrenster. I might try and catch Once Upon A Time in the Midlands, and hopefully one of my local cinemas will be showing This is England on Friday.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV Discussion Thread (New Listing Every Friday) (27/4/2007 7:23:15 AM)

Can you believe its almost May...ALREADY? Nothing like watching the year pass by so quickly. Anyway, enough of that, here's another Friday and that means a new listing on page one. Enjoy!

claytonmeister -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (27/4/2007 8:36:41 AM)

Get on the Bus is the one i'll be watching me thinks, thanks Wrenster first time u've stuck my head into this thread before! It's great. [sm=happy34.gif]

pauljthomas -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (27/4/2007 9:00:14 AM)

Last night was battle of the sequels. Scream 2 Vs Jaws 3-no contest really lol

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (27/4/2007 7:24:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: claytonmeister

Get on the Bus is the one i'll be watching me thinks, thanks Wrenster first time u've stuck my head into this thread before! It's great. [sm=happy34.gif]

Thanks for the kind words, claytonmeister. I'm here every Friday with a new listing, so please pop in again.

As for Get on the Bus, I recently spend 20 on a nine film Spike Lee box set and that was one of the movies, and although it got a limited release, it's a very competent drama about ordinary people wanting to do something extraordinary. Not everyones cup of tea, but a decent watch nevertheless.

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauljthomas

Last night was battle of the sequels. Scream 2 Vs Jaws 3-no contest really lol

Absolutely no contest, pauljthomas...as bad as Jaws 3 is, there is something magnetic about it...like driving past a car crash. Shame ITV didn't have the guts to show Jaws The Revenge this week.

Spider -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (27/4/2007 10:45:05 PM)

Good week this week I think, no real classics that need to be watched, but a decent selection none the less.

Why is it though, that when I buy my listings magazine on Tuesdays I always think "oh, there's nothing on next week", yet after reading Wrenster's thread there's loads? Thanks, as always!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (28/4/2007 8:36:06 AM)

Most of the listing mags will only pinpoint the films they want you to watch, and you have to remember that all they seem to want you to watch are soap operas (hey, they are they only things that exist on TV). And most of the film reviewers are not film fans, and they will pass over the movies they don't really know (they tend to only know the modern and familiar classics).

I'm glad you enjoy the listings and that they are helpful.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (4/5/2007 9:28:41 AM)

It's Friday, leading to a bank holdiay, and that means a new listing.

Right, I'm off to see Spider Man 3.

Enjoy!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (4/5/2007 6:00:45 PM)

STOP PRESS!

Film4's screening of Man On Fire on Tuesday is NOT the Tony Scott/ Denzel Washington version as previously mentioned, but the original Scott Glenn version.

Sorry to all of those who read it earlier and got very excited, but I get the listings a week in advance, and they said it was the new version. Wait till I get my hands on my listing supplier, the naughty boy!

Leomuse -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (4/5/2007 6:21:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrenster

STOP PRESS!

Film4's screening of Man On Fire on Tuesday is NOT the Tony Scott/ Denzel Washington version as previously mentioned, but the original Scott Glenn version.

Sorry to all of those who read it earlier and got very excited, but I get the listings a week in advance, and they said it was the new version. Wait till I get my hands on my listing supplier, the naughty boy!

Also, The River is actually the 1951 Jean Renoir film.

Kyle_R_ -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (4/5/2007 10:08:45 PM)

Maybe its just me but the past 2 weeks have been very poor, usually there's certain days filled with qulity films but there's only been 2 or 3 over the week that have caught my attention, But I can't complain as I just got Sky movies [:D].

Cheers again Wrenster, I will be watching Stand By Me and Papillon for sure!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (6/5/2007 12:09:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leomuse

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrenster

STOP PRESS!

Also, The River is actually the 1951 Jean Renoir film.

Thanks for pointing that out, Leomuse. I'm just sharpening a large stick to give my supplier a poke.

Having said that, Film4 are constantly changing the films at the last minute. And don't get me started with which version of Heaven Can Wait they are showing. At least this week, they are showing the original AND the Warren Beatty version (at least according to my list they are...[8|])

R.J.MacReady -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (6/5/2007 1:14:08 AM)

Many thanks for keeping this thread alive!
Even if it is showing at some godforsaken hour, I must must must watch Sleuth. It's unavailability (re: out of print) on dvd annoys me.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (6/5/2007 11:15:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kyle_R_

Maybe its just me but the past 2 weeks have been very poor, usually there's certain days filled with qulity films but there's only been 2 or 3 over the week that have caught my attention, But I can't complain as I just got Sky movies [:D].

Cheers again Wrenster, I will be watching Stand By Me and Papillon for sure!

Just hold on for one more week. The listing for next week is looking mighty fine, particularly a very strong Saturday afternoon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: R.J. MacReady

Many thanks for keeping this thread alive!
Even if it is showing at some godforsaken hour, I must must must watch Sleuth. It's unavailability (re: out of print) on dvd annoys me.

This thread is a long way from being dead.

Sleuth is superb and hasn't been seen for years and years, so it's a nice welcome return. Probably be shown to death from this point on as ITV have it, but that's not a bad thing, I guess.

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (11/5/2007 8:35:53 AM)

Friday again and along with the weekend is the listings on Page One.

Please note that the new Movie Club have chosen ITV1's screening of Ray on Tuesday, so if you want to join, then check out the Movie Club thread, watch the movie, and then join the debate.

Enjoy!

wrenster -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (18/5/2007 6:44:41 AM)

FA Cup weekend, and with the excitement of the newly reopening Wembley, how about getting excited about the new listing on page one?

Enjoy!

Kyle_R_ -> RE: Wrenster's Movies On TV: Sat 29th July to Fri 4th August (18/5/2007 2:34:05 PM)

This week is more like it! There's about 10 standouts for me personally, each day will give me at least 1 thing to look forward to if I have no other plans.

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI