Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

JIm R -> Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 (17/7/2006 3:38:12 PM)

I thought on reflection to begin a separate place for the next Superman film away from the debate post viewing of Returns, so given the unfavourable (not justified) box office returns $163 million and rising in the States and a 4 million opening here over the weekend I hope WB believe enough to green light a sequel.

Where do we think Singer will go with the direction, plot structure, villians etc.

Will contain spoliers I suspect so would pay everyone to watch Returns first before contributing to this thread.

Cheers. 

Jim   

doa1984 -> RE: Superman Returns Sequel (17/7/2006 3:58:30 PM)

a second film must be certain by now.

In the second one i think it should develop his relationship with his son and lois, how will he cope with his son being raised by another man.

id like some kind of super  powered foe so that sups can have a good ole fist fight ( maby metallo )

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Superman Returns Sequel (17/7/2006 4:38:12 PM)

Quite simply, if a sequel is made it will only be $150 million.

However, such a limitation can only Singer to focus on a few things ie more drama, and a supervillain rather than Supes battling the elements. One word people: Doomsday.

kumar -> RE: Superman Returns Sequel (17/7/2006 5:03:10 PM)

i think Brainiac may appear. His Fortres of Solitude is useless now that his crystals have gone and he has noway of getting them back, and

he is "alone" and voila along comes old Milton. I dont think the kid should have had powers, rather that he should remain ill (hence medicine)

and die in the sequels, sending Big Blue into a mad rage. something we havent seen from him, (excluding superman 3).

Timon -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 5:43:29 PM)

What makes you think the kid has powers? Well all of them....

Granted he threw a piano but he didn't seem that crippled by the kryptonite. Maybe as a half Kryptonian half human he only has certain powers. Super strength, but no ability to fly. Speed but no x-ray vision or hearing. Maybe the conflicting biology of his parents is the reson for all his ailments and like Clark he'll gain his powers as he grows older. Clark was blasting stuff with his heat vision at 5 years old was he? It all developed with time.

The problem with having a kid, let alone a super-kid, is the possibility that Superman will wander into Mummy Returns/Legend of Zorro terriority. Perhaps it an interesting storyline for 'Superman Continues' will be that young Jason conflicting biology results in his death and Kal-El realises that he'll always be alone and he truely is the last of his kind and the effect that has on him. To simply have a superson is just.....well.....not very dramatic.

Villain wise, let's not mess around. Bring back Zod. With no crystals left to power the Fortress of Solitude, perhaps Zod and his cronies could emerge from it's depths to once again wreck havoc. As Martha said, he may not be the last of his kind.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 5:48:27 PM)

Hmm, if Zod is dead, he's dead really. I'd rather like a new supervillain, as well as Luthor possibly involved for unleashing it. Say Doomsday landed years ago on Earth and is in stasis, before Luthor awakes him and convinces him to destroy Superman.

A possible idea of mine is that Doomsday will have to hurt people close to Supes. Jason? Of course regarding him, I approve of the idea of him only having some Kryptonian powers, not all of them.

The Captain -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:37:08 PM)

i think it really has to be braniac ! this would work well with the whole storyline of him being alone and then finding out about braniac and where he is from

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:39:18 PM)

That isn't a bad idea: Luthor and Braniac teaming together. Simply, the two greatest criminal masterminds.

The Captain -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:45:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

That isn't a bad idea: Luthor and Braniac teaming together. Simply, the two greatest criminal masterminds.

indeed . it is probably the most logical choice cause it means that all the elements can work with braniac being the villian as well as luthor

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:47:55 PM)

True, and of course with Kryptonite they can genetically engineer Doomsday. Considering Luthor's knowledge of Jason, he may decide to unleash him first on the White-Lane family to antagonise Supes.

The Captain -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:51:55 PM)

quote:

True, and of course with Kryptonite they can genetically engineer Doomsday. Considering Luthor's knowledge of Jason, he may decide to unleash him first on the White-Lane family to antagonise Supes.

i have never really been a big fan of doomsday . I read the death of superman when it first came out and he never really impressed me as a villian , i mean how much better would it have been if it had been braniac  or darksied that had actually killed supes ?

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 6:59:25 PM)

It was basically pure brawn that killed Supes. Indeed, he is merely a weapon to destroy Supes: a catalyst rather than an antagonist.

The Captain -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 8:08:02 PM)

quote:

It was basically pure brawn that killed Supes. Indeed, he is merely a weapon to destroy Supes: a catalyst rather than an antagonist.

just never sat right with me to be honest , thought he was very two dimensional and a tad lame

24Dan -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 8:13:05 PM)

Zod and his mates cant come back and fight superman as they lost their powers in Superman2.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (17/7/2006 8:34:00 PM)

Singer was planning to have Zod at one point, but was written out as he couldn't get Jude Law. There's always the possibilities.

doncopey1 -> RE: Future Superman Films (18/7/2006 7:06:04 PM)

quote:

Singer was planning to have Zod at one point, but was written out as he couldn't get Jude Law. There's always the possibilities.

Jude Law obvioubsly sees sense.

fantasy89 -> RE: Future Superman Films (18/7/2006 9:40:36 PM)

wat if thay do the justice league or something like that? but i think it wont work: wonder woman comin from nowhere wont work....

"SWELL!"

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (19/7/2006 4:00:40 PM)

Regarding the DC universe, let Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman have their own films for a while before they start meeting up and found the Justice League.

Alistair -> Future Superman Films (19/7/2006 4:06:35 PM)

Zod and his cronies should be left alone now. They're dead, gone. Keep it that way. Things could start to get really repetitive if Singer decided to bring Zod back.

zombiemaster -> RE: Future Superman Films (19/7/2006 8:10:51 PM)

If there is a sequel i would like to see a super badie who can fly and is really really strong and ahve no other powers

kumar -> RE: Future Superman Films (19/7/2006 9:22:09 PM)

i stand by Braniac beingt he villian!

Numfar -> RE: Future Superman Films (20/7/2006 12:37:39 AM)

I mentioned this on another post but what if the new Krypton land mass collided with water on another planet? It still has the remaining crystals and would basically reform Krypton.
Didnt Lex mention that he would take on the worlds armies with alien technology? (or did I mis-hear him there?) If so maybe the crystals are the seeds to rebuilding Krypton and its people.

If this is the case, I would go with a Lex and Brainiac for number 2 and maybe something dealing with New Krytpon for a third.

Pritchard_540 -> RE: Future Superman Films (20/7/2006 8:38:25 PM)

I liked alot of the ideas in Kevin Smith's Superman Lives script.  Brainiac and Lex teaming up and unleashing Doomsday to defeat Superman.  Plus it features a cool Batman cameo.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 10:25:45 AM)

Singer has given some interesting interviews over the sequel at SHH. He's going to go "Wrath of Khan" and we will have an alien villain. Excellent.

Mr Terrific -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 10:39:53 AM)

I think it makes sense that Superman faces another alien being in the sequal. Nothing on earth, with the exception of kryptonite (yawn) causes him much of a threat. Also I think it makes perfect sense that something or somethings followed Superman back to earth after his jaunt to the demolished Krypton. Could be a rag tag band of kryptonite refugees....Imagine them learning they were the most powerful beings on a planet they have just landed on. Think how desperate they would be to restart the Krypton race and the like...I don't think they would take the same attitude towards humans as Superman. But that has kind of been tackled in a previous Superman film....Brainiac...maybe? Some new threat?

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 10:45:17 AM)

Yes Braniac, which would also allow Luthor.

Also, the whole other Kryptonian survivors angle is done, done. Superman realises that now Earth is the only place to protect.

Mr Terrific -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 11:28:31 AM)

You are right of course...about the kryptonian thing but I doubt it will involve Brainiac.....Singer wants to build on the relationships in the first film and include the son sub-plot. That most probably involves Luthor. It would be a hell of way to bring Superman to his knees, by turning his son against him. Brainiac...is a interesting character, but how would he fit into the story? Are there possible other canditdates?

kumar -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 11:33:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

You are right of course...about the kryptonian thing but I doubt it will involve Brainiac.....Singer wants to build on the relationships in the first film and include the son sub-plot. That most probably involves Luthor. It would be a hell of way to bring Superman to his knees, by turning his son against him. Brainiac...is a interesting character, but how would he fit into the story? Are there possible other canditdates?

im guessing that since Superman has lost the crystals on that island, and has no way of retreiving them, he has no more

knowledge of Krypton, and his Fortress of Solitude is useless. Braniac has all the information. thats how i came to the

assumption anyway!

Mr Terrific -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 11:42:38 AM)

You mean like this....

In Superman: The Animated Series, Brainiac (voiced by Corey Burton, in the style of HAL 9000 and Vic Perrin's opening narration from The Outer Limits) was the supercomputer that ran most of the day-to-day operations on Krypton. It sensed the imminent destruction of the planet, but rather than warn others, it chose to save itself and the collected records of Krypton. In its mind, as long as the records of Krypton existed, the loss of the planet itself - and all its living inhabitants - was acceptable. It also knew that if word of Krypton's impending doom escaped, it would be forced to calculate a way to stop this, which Brainiac knew to be impossible and would only distract him from the more essential task of saving Krypton's records. Brainiac uploaded its core program and all of the collected data to an artificial satellite. Years later, it was discovered by an alien spacecraft, which Brainiac hijacks. After Brainiac had killed the crew of the ship, Brainiac began to explore the universe. Each time it came to an inhabited world, it would upload all the knowledge it could from that world, then destroy it - decreasing the number of beings that have access to the knowledge makes it that much more valuable and destroying the planets ensured no new information would be created. Along with raw data, it also assimilated whatever useful technology it could find, improving itself with every world it visited (resembling the methodology of the Borg of Star Trek). It eventually made its way to Earth, under the pretense of a peaceful exchange of knowledge with Lex Luthor. Superman discovered Brainiac's true intentions, and with the help of Lex Luthor defeated him. Brainiac was seemingly destroyed, but later episodes revealed that the data that Brainiac had downloaded into LexCorp's computers were not alien knowledge, but a copy of Brainiac's programming. In the process Superman found out that Brainiac had destroyed and collected data from countless other worlds .

This also fits in with Luthor's quest for alien technology...but fitting everything else in will be hard.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Superman Films (22/7/2006 11:42:52 AM)

Indeed. Braniac has Kryptonian knowledge that Luthor would want. Also, the knowledge of Jason would be very valuable to Braniac.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI