Paths Of Glory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Paths Of Glory (23/10/2005 3:08:12 PM)

Post your comments on this article

dunner05 -> Best Kubrick? (16/5/2006 1:07:42 PM)

Undountedly a far greater meditation on war than Kubrick's later Full Metal Jacket, Paths Of Glory may also be the great director's most emotionally connected work. Cynical, bleak, beautifully monochrome and passionate, this remains an incontestable work of art by one of cinema's true artists

The Original Psycho -> Paths Of Gory (31/12/2009 1:43:50 PM)

art.

The Original Psycho -> My revised Review of Paths of Glory (31/12/2009 1:52:10 PM)

Sorry, the first time I reviewed this I gave it 1 star, I'm really sorry.It was a complete accident.

Anyway.

I was stunned when I forst watched Paths of Glory, I thought it was one of the greatest war films ever made and I still stand by that opinion. The war action is brilliantly directed by Master Stanley Kubrick, you can almost feel every bullett and shell hitting the ground, it's amazing how authentic Kubrick makes it feel. Kirk Douglas also gives the performace of a lifetime in a role that only he could probably pull off, the rest of th cast are uniformly excellent also.

Overall this is an intellignet, understated yet harrowing war achievement that dosen't rely on gore and blood to shock and appal. A work of art.

kargon -> RE: My revised Review of Paths of Glory (2/2/2012 11:55:33 AM)

i refer to what i said earlier, yes i find it is pretty much a given in a lot of old crap

RhysB -> One of Kubricks Best (17/6/2014 2:31:07 PM)

Paths of Glory is one of the greatest films by one of the greatest directors of all time. It is a masterpiece through and though and amongst the greatest war films ever to be made.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI