RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand

Dozy McGrew -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 3:39:10 PM)

Fowler to score 7![;)] Liverpool to lose 8-7[:(]

Or a turgid 0-0 draw whatever.

Sinatra -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 3:41:47 PM)

We will complete our double over Liverpool.

2-1

[:D]

*emz6* -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 3:47:54 PM)

thats interesting i tho liverpool fans would fancy their chances a bit more than that but fair play. i think fowler will play and probsa have a good game but hopefully chelsea will win

Kid A -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 4:01:44 PM)

Liverpool 2 Chelski 0

Alonso 42
Fowler 67

So it is written. [sm=angel.gif]

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 4:07:49 PM)

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

Robben
Gerrard
Riise
Lampard (pen)

Carragher Sent Off.

Sinatra -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 4:09:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid A

Liverpool 2 Chelski 0

Alonso 42
Fowler 67

Peasant....

Kid A -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 4:17:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid A

Liverpool 2 Chelski 0

Alonso 42
Fowler 67

Peasant....

[:D] Itll happen and you'll have to beg forgiveness.

Sinatra -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (3/2/2006 4:21:17 PM)

NEVER!!!! [sm=evilgrin27.gif]

jediwarrior -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 1:18:16 PM)

I don't think we win, we never do well at Chelsea ground.

I will be happen if we snatch a point today.

I bet it be a dull game as well

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 2:18:55 PM)

Yeah i cant see us getting much today if i'm honest.

Dozy McGrew -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 3:20:04 PM)

From the official site

Fowler hasn't travelled with the Reds' squad as he stays behind to work on his fitness.

The Liverpool team for today's clash is:

Reina
Finnan
Hyypia
Carragher
Warnock
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Riise
Kewell
Crouch

Subs:
Dudek
Cisse
Garcia
Morientes
Traore

James2183 -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 5:51:38 PM)

2-0 down
Reina sent off
Gerrard limping

Not looking good fellas. [&:]

Jebediah -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:00:37 PM)

Liverpool's 2 game advantage over Man Utd seems to have little meaning now.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:05:43 PM)

Expected that but it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth the nature of the defeat...

I've been saying for weeks we shouldnt have delusions of grandeur after our great run, it was against shite teams and now i'm afraid we're being found out!

Arsenal  in just over a weeks time........................... [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

Dozy McGrew -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:13:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablodiabloescobar

Expected that but it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth the nature of the defeat...

I've been saying for weeks we shouldnt have delusions of grandeur after our great run, it was against shite teams and now i'm afraid we're being found out!

Arsenal  in just over a weeks time........................... [:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

Well you're just a little ray of sunshine aren't you?  We were not having delusions of grandeur we've been very unlucky in losing to (on the day) vastly inferior teams in Chelsea today and the Mancs a couple of weeks ago. We are very guilty of wasting chances and possesional ( and footballing) superiority but that is a problem that, if it isn't rectified by Gods return, will certainly be fixed in the summer by Rafa.
Is it just me or do Chelsea remind anyone else of Blackburn circa 1995? On a larger scale of course.  

HIM -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:14:20 PM)

quote:

I'm actually looking forward to these cunts. They're wank. I think Chelsea, Manure, Spurs, Bolton and Wigan are all harder games than Arsenal so it should be 3 points on the board. Pepe should not have been sent off. Robben is a wanker. But it wasn't like Chelsea played badly and got stuffy goals. We had our chances and just couldn't finish. Owen needs to come home.

RockyWilcox -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:16:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

I'm actually looking forward to these cunts. They're wank. I think Chelsea, Manure, Spurs, Bolton and Wigan are all harder games than Arsenal so it should be 3 points on the board. Pepe should not have been sent off. Robben is a wanker. But it wasn't like Chelsea played badly and got stuffy goals. We had our chances and just couldn't finish. Owen needs to come home.

Well I can't wait for Arsenal to wipe the floor with you "cunts" then.

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:20:44 PM)

Don't underestimate Arsenal. I'm a big admirer of Rafa and Liverpool but I'm more than confident Arsenal can give you a game. Especially with players coming back from injury.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:24:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dozy McGrew

quote:

Well you're just a little ray of sunshine aren't you?  We were not having delusions of grandeur we've been very unlucky in losing to (on the day) vastly inferior teams in Chelsea today and the Mancs a couple of weeks ago.

But we're simply not good enough... we dont have a decent fit striker (yet).  Yes united played like a bunch of tossers against us and they didnt deserve anything from the game but the fact is we didnt finish them off, we didnt show any kind of killer instinct and they spawned it like they always do.... Today we played with a lone striker who just is not good enough! He's a good forward who can bring others into the game but he's not good enough to play alone against a group of brilliant players like the chelsea squad.

Of course i'm not going to be full of the joys of spring, we just got beaten and shown up by dirty Chelsea... all is wrong in the world

And Arsenal are bound to have rediscovered their form by the time we play them. Sol to play a blinder [;)]

HIM -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:24:28 PM)

Bah humbug. Cunts! [:'(]

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:29:08 PM)

And i'm sorry but Reina had to go... the original tackle was a yellow card but you cant raise your hands and expect to get away with it. Sure Robben made an absolute four course of it but we're not exactly innocent of having players who overreact to challenges. He was stupid to do it right in front of the ref.

Dozy McGrew -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:29:39 PM)

quote:

But we're simply not good enough... we dont have a decent fit striker (yet).  Yes united played like a bunch of tossers against us and they didnt deserve anything from the game but the fact is we didnt finish them off, we didnt show any kind of killer instinct and they spawned it like they always do.... Today we played with a lone striker who just is not good enough! He's a good forward who can bring others into the game but he's not good enough to play alone against a group of brilliant players like the chelsea squad.

Of course i'm not going to be full of the joys of spring, we just got beaten and shown up by dirty Chelsea... all is wrong in the world

And Arsenal are bound to have rediscovered their form by the time we play them. Sol to play a blinder [;)]

Sack Rafa!

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:33:07 PM)

And where in that post would you even think i would have such a narrow minded view?

I'm sorry if its a crime to be objective against the club you support when they fail to beat their two nearest rivals despite apparently being 'superior'

HIM -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 6:53:43 PM)

quote:

And i'm sorry but Reina had to go... the original tackle was a yellow card but you cant raise your hands and expect to get away with it. Sure Robben made an absolute four course of it but we're not exactly innocent of having players who overreact to challenges. He was stupid to do it right in front of the ref.

And what about Robben squaring up to Reina? Should he not be punished for provocation? Why did he need to be in Reina's face at all? A yellow card was about fair, but definately not red. Not that it had any baring on the game though. And Reina didn't "have to go" at all. Sure he pushed Robben away but it's nothing compared to some of the challenges Essien puts in. I've seen yellow cards given for much, much worse than what Pepe did.

I'm still confident we'll nab second place though. United aren't good enough against the shitter teams and stil have to go to Stamford Bridge.

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 7:06:15 PM)

Its an amalgamation of things though. The referee was probably in two minds about what card to give to Reina after the challenge but reina made his mind up for him by pushing Robben in the face.

And as for provocation... I seem to remember Liverpool players doing exactly the same kind of thing against Newcastle over the Christmas period to get Bowyer sent off.

jediwarrior -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 8:03:04 PM)

Well apart from the first 30 minutes I felt we were poor today. In the final 1/3 of the field we just don't have the people/strikers to create or score the goals, Crouch can hold up the ball but no-one is getting onto his pass (hopefully Fowler can do this).

We need to buy two more strikers this summer and hopefully Owen will be one of them.

Reina had to be sent off he raised his hands so he had to go. I thought his tackle was a fair tackle he got the ball. But pushing that little weight Robbin about he had to go.

We now need to bounce back on Wednesday night against Charlton, this is one of our make up games and we have to take 3 points.

HIM -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 8:13:37 PM)

Is the Charlton game being televisualised? [sm=33.gif]

jediwarrior -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 8:26:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Is the Charlton game being televisualised? [sm=33.gif]

No I am afraid not. The only live game that night is Chelsea v Everton FA Cup Replay on BBC1

But

We are on live Saturday v Wigan 12.45 kick-off on Premier Plus and then live on Tuesday 14th against Arsenal (not sure which Sky channel that's on yet)

HIM -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 8:34:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

We are on live Saturday v Wigan 12.45 kick-off on Premier Plus and then live on Tuesday 14th against Arsenal (not sure which Sky channel that's on yet)

Bollocks!!!!! [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

I'm working on Saturday and it's twating Valentine's Day on the Tuesday! Dammit I wish I was single. Hmmmm how can i get my bird to dump me before then.....? [sm=33.gif]

Rinc -> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 (5/2/2006 8:48:14 PM)

Absolutely devastated after the loss today. I didn't ever expect to catch Chelsea in the title race but i wouldn't be able to stand finishing below Manure this season. As for the game, agree with others - we played well but didn't have the killer instinct and in fact might as well not play any strikers at all. Crouch is ok but not on his own and i can't wait for the summer when we'll hopefully buy a couple of really decent strikers.

As for the red card, i thought he had to go as he did raise his hands but Robben did fall to the ground faster than Joe Cole! At first i thought Reina was being sent off for the tackle which i thought was unfair because it wasn't a malicious tackle and it was in the corner. Gudjohnson still would've had a lot of work to do if he made it round Reina as most of the defence was back. But did anyone notice Gudjohnson handballing it anyway to push it away from Reina in the first place? For me that kind of cheating (and there are loads of players that do it) should be punished in the same way as a bad tackle is by the FA video disciplinary thingy. Also thought Chelsea dived all over the pitch throughout the match but that's to be expected.

Really can't understand why we can't beat the big teams in the PL whereas in the CL we could pretty much beat anyone. It might just be because we don't have that killer instinct but how can that be when we have it in Europe? Despite the defeat i'm still very confident this season. We lost to Manure and Chelsea and drew with Birmingham but we're playing well and we'll be taking the 3 points on Wednesday.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI