The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Cruisecontroller -> The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (29/6/2006 12:49:30 PM)

Some ads should be banned just for being bloody annoying. The Elephant.co.uk ads spring to mind, Shelias Wheels with that stupid bloke in a dress with a high pitch voice singing with the girls in a car but the worst at the moment is the current Frosties ad. You know the ad I mean with the blond teenage kid singing "Their gonnas taste great, their gonna taste great, their gonna taste great, THEIR GONNA TASTE GREAT!" Arrgh brain damage![sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif] 

Zaphod121 -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (29/6/2006 3:35:18 PM)

that one were the woman records her husband while hes on the phone getting car insurance or something, is there life that dull, it needs to go

Rebel scum -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (29/6/2006 4:28:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller
The worst at the moment is the current Frosties ad. You know the ad I mean with the blond teenage kid singing "Their gonnas taste great, their gonna taste great, their gonna taste great, THEIR GONNA TASTE GREAT!" Arrgh brain damage![sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif][sm=893banghead-thumb.gif] 

That has just made me laugh very hard. I was just about tolerating it until he said "And a pi-rate" WHAT!!!! He hasn't even said it right!! Very annoying. Any beauty product ads should be banned thanks to the sheer volume of them. Once I sat through 5 minutes worth of haircare adverts!!!!!!!!!! The bigsmall one is annoying too.
The best one is the Honda one with the balls bouncing down the street, just in case anyone's interested.

Merly -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (29/6/2006 4:46:43 PM)

Yes Car credit and just about any advert about Loans. Bloody Carol Bloody vorderman and her First choice loans ad [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

Hood_Man -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (29/6/2006 6:21:09 PM)

I hear rumors that the Frosties kid is dead.  Either he committed suicide by hanging himself with his playstation controller cord ([>:]), got stabbed, or died of cancer and making the ad was his dying wish ([>:]).

Believe what you want, I'm just the messenger boy.

obsessive_chick -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (30/6/2006 7:23:56 PM)

Anything with Crazy Frog in. 

fattaxi -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (30/6/2006 7:25:49 PM)

Ha Ha Ha Deffo ban the Frosties add.... Did he say you can eat them on a plate? Who eats ceral on a plate?

meh... -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (30/6/2006 7:30:47 PM)

I HATE the weetabix ad. "today i decided to add strawberries and kiwis to my bowl of weetabix and-" OH SHUT UP!! I DON'T CARE!

i get very angry when i watch it.

Ripper -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (2/7/2006 12:12:39 AM)

That Nissan one where the choir make the noises of the car. Bad enough on telly but my local cinema insists on making you sit through an extended what feels like 5 minute version. Bastards.

i007_Bond_007i -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (2/7/2006 11:11:09 AM)

You mean the Honda advert...[:-] All their adverts are quite quirky.

Cabal aka Boone -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (2/7/2006 12:11:54 PM)

quote:

The best one is the Honda one with the balls bouncing down the street, just in case anyone's interested.

Um...isnt that the Sony Bravia ad? With the Jose Gonzales 'Heartbeats' track on it?
Y'know... 'Colour, like no other'?

Henry JW -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (2/7/2006 3:33:06 PM)

Carol Vorderman adverts. Full stop.

And the one where Davina McCall is speaking to her mother on the phone about her hair...

Rebel scum -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (2/7/2006 4:38:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

quote:

Um...isnt that the Sony Bravia ad? With the Jose Gonzales 'Heartbeats' track on it?
Y'know... 'Colour, like no other'?

Bugger. Still, it is the best one.

shiny mouse -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (17/7/2006 11:22:38 PM)

How about "lindas story" It's an ad for toothpaste for sensitive teeth. This woman went to Italy and all she can talk about it how the ice cream made her teeth hurt, every time you take a mouthful its "going to catch you"  aaargh!
This household has dubbed her eyebrow woman - she has two fuzzy caterpillars on her face, as the dialogue is so damn banal they're the thing that grabs the attention. We all leap for the remote when this bint "graces" our screen as it helps us to blot it all out... grr!  [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

Tweezers, learn to use 'em you bint [:'(]   

24Dan -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (17/7/2006 11:54:50 PM)

Admiral Car Insurance
"They say im to young for car insurance"

YOUR 40 SOMETHING FOR FUCK SAKE!!!! JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!

"They're gonna taste great" if only you could shoot people on the telly.

Henry JW -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 12:01:51 AM)

Has anyone seen the advert for that Kylie Minogue interview about her Breast Cancer on Sky One? they won't stop plugging it. It's a woman with breast cancer! hardly news. Judging by the ad itself  'When my Doctor told me (long pause) I (pause) went si...(pause) ...lent'  it sounds like the most boring show ever. Just a long interview and worst of all it's presented by Cat Deeley.

Boring Prophet -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 1:57:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I hear rumors that the Frosties kid is dead.  Either he committed suicide by hanging himself with his playstation controller cord ([>:]), got stabbed, or died of cancer and making the ad was his dying wish ([>:]).

Fucking surreal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frosties_Kid

quote:

Has anyone seen the advert for that Kylie Minogue interview about her Breast Cancer on Sky One? they won't stop plugging it. It's a woman with breast cancer! hardly news. Judging by the ad itself  'When my Doctor told me (long pause) I (pause) went si...(pause) ...lent'  it sounds like the most boring show ever. Just a long interview and worst of all it's presented by Cat Deeley.

I know!! Millions of people get cancer and survive, but it happens to a famous person and they get an hour of primetime TV to talk about it. It's mental.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 1:38:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Fucking surreal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frosties_Kid

quote:

I know!! Millions of people get cancer and survive, but it happens to a famous person and they get an hour of primetime TV to talk about it. It's mental.

According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 the Frosties Kid is fine and its all a fake rumour. He phoned Frosties HQ and they confirmned it wasn`t true. As for Kylie Minogue yes millions get cancer and she did get off lightly so far compared to some who die from it. However her story of how she is surviving and trying to overcome it is inspirational to anyone affected by the disease which can only be a good thing. I thankfully haven`t been affected by breast cancer but did find her interview very moving and she did come across as a very brave and inspiring fighter.[sm=worship.gif] So leave her alone![sm=box2.gif] Her courage deserves attention and praise. 

munro7 -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 1:59:19 PM)

The most annoying adverts are the Vauxhall Meriva/Zafira ads with those 2 irritating wee mutants and the bloody Marks & Spencer ads - "It's not just food", I think you'll find it is actually.

Best advert of all time is the old Miller one with the boy and his "fox hat"

Helo -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 2:01:04 PM)

The 'Quote Me Happy' adverts.  Just pisses me off that it takes me an age to get insurance quotes on the phone or internet and these b*****ds just say 'it's a hatchback' an lo and behold start having a bloody orgasm there and then [sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

The AA Kev and Bev adverts.... do I really need to explain?

Merly -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 2:15:05 PM)

I donít know about annoying but that Ad for Foxy Bingo.com really freaks me out. Iím not kidding it really scares me. That guy dressed as a fox is so sinister looking. Reminds me of nightmares I used to have as a child. *shudders* Yes yes in this heat I have the chills just thinking about it. My boyf thinks Iím a loon but I have to leave the room when it comes on. [sm=scared04.gif]

Boring Prophet -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 2:57:00 PM)

I HATE the fucking Sheila's Wheels ads. Someday I might set up an insurance company just for men out of spite and see how many complaints I get for discrimination against women. The ads are just so fucking smug about themselves.

quote:

According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 the Frosties Kid is fine and its all a fake rumour. He phoned Frosties HQ and they confirmned it wasn`t true. As for Kylie Minogue yes millions get cancer and she did get off lightly so far compared to some who die from it. However her story of how she is surviving and trying to overcome it is inspirational to anyone affected by the disease which can only be a good thing. I thankfully haven`t been affected by breast cancer but did find her interview very moving and she did come across as a very brave and inspiring fighter. So leave her alone! Her courage deserves attention and praise.

Ok then, I'm sorry.[&o]

lympo -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 3:03:44 PM)

That picture loan advert or whatever it is when his next door neighbour happens to be on the phone to the insurance company and he lends him the phone. And the one with a mans wife filming him phoning the insurance place- WHY?! God knows what you do in your spare time.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 5:30:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I HATE the fucking Sheila's Wheels ads. Someday I might set up an insurance company just for men out of spite and see how many complaints I get for discrimination against women. The ads are just so fucking smug about themselves.

quote:

According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 the Frosties Kid is fine and its all a fake rumour. He phoned Frosties HQ and they confirmned it wasn`t true. As for Kylie Minogue yes millions get cancer and she did get off lightly so far compared to some who die from it. However her story of how she is surviving and trying to overcome it is inspirational to anyone affected by the disease which can only be a good thing. I thankfully haven`t been affected by breast cancer but did find her interview very moving and she did come across as a very brave and inspiring fighter. So leave her alone! Her courage deserves attention and praise.

Ok then, I'm sorry.[&o]

I forgive you not sure Kylie would though! Couldn`t agree more about Shelias Wheels. The tune is actually quite catchy but when that bloody guy comes on wearing a dress and sings in that high pitch voice boy its annoying.

Henry JW -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 5:37:18 PM)

Hey Sheilas Wheels aren't as bad those Diamond Car Insurance adverts for women. I remember they had the worst acting. Fortunately Sheilas Wheels has showed up foiling their feminist dream...

Anything with fake interviews is bad as well.

doubleshiny -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 6:00:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shiny mouse

How about "lindas story" It's an ad for toothpaste for sensitive teeth. This woman went to Italy and all she can talk about it how the ice cream made her teeth hurt, every time you take a mouthful its "going to catch you"  aaargh!
This household has dubbed her eyebrow woman - she has two fuzzy caterpillars on her face, as the dialogue is so damn banal they're the thing that grabs the attention. We all leap for the remote when this bint "graces" our screen as it helps us to blot it all out... grr!  [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

YES YES YES. This is exactly what I was about to post. "It's going to catch you", it's fucking ice cream not the SS!

I hate the Picture loans one with the dickhead husband : "No forms? Oh, one less job for her!" Piss off!

nicholsonsmhead -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 7:01:30 PM)

The Injury Lawyers 4 U ad that they keep rehashing does my head in on a grand scale. When they say 'Will I receive 100% of the compensation?' (shudder) - It's the 'Is it safe?' for the new milennium. I like the Sheila's Wheels ads, then again i liked the KFC ad were they talked with their mouthful.
On the subject of Kylie Minogue, Steven Gerrard's girlfriend (what's her name? anyone?) said in her newspaper column that she loved the Mia Farrow haircut that Kylie was 'rocking'. Like she changed her style by choice for christs sake. Phone the Tact Police!

Ripper -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 7:10:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henry JW

Hey Sheilas Wheels aren't as bad those Diamond Car Insurance adverts for women. I remember they had the worst acting. Fortunately Sheilas Wheels has showed up foiling their feminist dream...

Anything with fake interviews is bad as well.

At least sheilas wheels have the decency to know their ads are bad. The Diamond ones are more wooden than the amazon rainforest

The Mighty Quinn -> The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 7:53:01 PM)

The Fanta "bamboocha" adverts. [:@]

elab49 -> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. (18/7/2006 8:24:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shiny mouse

I HATE that one. Her and her bloody iiiiiiice cream, yah. How dumb could they be hiring someone do bloody annoying?!?

ANd still the 118 promos of course. The dolls one I've seen lately on one of the satellite ones are just as bad. And the insurance promo with the woman and her pregnancy test - I think they might be round Veronica Mars? Definitely one of the satellite as I've been shoving them from Sky + to DVD and they are very annoying.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI