Empire Online Members Showcase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Filmmakers' Workshop

James2183 -> Empire Online Members Showcase (22/6/2006 7:00:16 PM)

I thought this would be a good idea for all budding filmmakers here. Now that this forum is starting to see an influx in members who wish to make films, I think a thread which showcases the forum members work for everyone to see is needed.

This doesn't mean that every member who has made a film has to post the film in here, you are more than welcome to start your own thread about your film, but you can opt to have it put in here after the specific thread has faded away. This post will then be updated frequently when people upload new films. Just post the link to your film in this thread so that I can add the linky to this first post. [:D]

The Empire Online Members Cinema

A Silent Room - Directed by Zatoichi
A Garden Called Panic - Brobe
Amazing Men - Directed by mrhubar
Bare Tale - Directed by Jackie
Coconut
- Directed by Tech Noir
Cole
- Directed by tim.porter
Consequences of Loss - colonelkurtz
Darkness - Directed by Colin Ross Smith
Dead:Line Teaser - Directed by Gazz
Dead Meat
- Directed by Gazz
Disconnected - Directed by Feral
Fear and Loathing in Dublin Suburbs - henrylovesbolognese
Hourse Horror - Directed by M
Just Gonna Leave? - Directed by Ruffkut
Kevin Brooks -cillitbang
Lady in Waiting - Dop/Editor by oui3d
Letter to the Lost - Directed by Maffew
Lives: Episode I - Directed by Suede Head
Long Day
- Directed by Chewie
Love in the Time of Oliver - Directed by youandme
Monopoly - Directed by henrylovesbolognese
Nothing Travels Faster Than Bad News - Fiskerton
Passenger - boris_1298
Poker Face Pt I - Co-Directed by Jackie
Poker Face Pt II - Co-Directed by Jackie
Random - Directed by kenda_woo (Right click and save as)
Rocky VII - Directed by Castor Troy
Shelling - Empire Biscuit Productions
Spun Sibbo
The Case - Directed by GhostWriter
The Censor - thatgingerscouser
Tiny Cities Made of Ashes - Directed by Grandma Death
Tonight - Directed by Tech_Noir
Unrequited - Directed by Bub
Untitled Exorcist Trailer - Wolverine1988
Unsung Song - punchdrunk
Used - Directed by Tech Noir
Wake Up - boris_1298
Walking After Midnight
- Directed by GhostWriter
Whatever Happened to Malibu Avenue - jon5000
Writers Block - Directed by Cillitbang
You Smoke, You Smell - Directed by Grandma Death

M -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (22/6/2006 7:45:42 PM)

Fantastic idea James.  [sm=happy34.gif]

As soon as the Empire Biscuits sort out our editing problem we'll no doubt want to feature here - showboating film and talents to any willing audience isn't a bad thing!! [:D]

nuttjob -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (22/6/2006 8:31:34 PM)

Great idea! Now we've got to get on with making films to put here!

Jackie -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (22/6/2006 9:30:43 PM)

Good idea, Numbers! As soon as I get my film back on DVD (should be in a week or so) I'll pop it up online somewhere [;)]

Jackie.

Wolverine1988 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (22/6/2006 9:36:23 PM)

Dunno if this counts, but it's a teaser trailer I made for my "untitled Exorcist" project which I plan on making in the near future. Hope you like it....
http://www.zippyvideos.com/4767889595426916/the_exorcism_teaser/

Bear in mind that I wanted to go for a very minimalstic approach by using only sound and words.

Also, the sound in the background is actually unknown to me. I was downloading a song but somehow I was downloading a file with nothing but what you hear (although towards the end, you can properly hear music in the background and the voices aren't as strong, so I assume it's just a bunch of bored people in the mood to prank some people.) Either way, I hope I've achieved the desired effect from it (to scare & create a sense of expectation).

Oh and my apologies for the cliched titles, but I couldn't think of anything better. The film itself will be relatively gore-free and more of a psychological horror, which retains the aspects that made the original film work and avoiding what the others got wrong.

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (23/6/2006 12:12:01 AM)

Added [:)]

Wolverine1988 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (23/6/2006 12:17:23 AM)

quote:

Added [:)]

Cheers [;)] I'm honoured to be 2nd on the list (even though it's not much). I just wanted to experiment with making a trailer. And that was a nice short you mad too. Particularly liked the opening shot.  

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (23/6/2006 12:40:50 AM)

Thanks very much. It is really strange. The film is one which I spent the least time writing, shooting and editing yet it is one of the films that I feel most proud with. In retrospect, like most directors they wish they could go back and change it somehow. I wish I had added in more obsticles for my student to run through. I am just glad people got the jist of the story to be honest.  [:D]

24Dan -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (24/6/2006 9:32:38 PM)

The Exorcism.....creepy!
Now about to watch The Book

24Dan -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (24/6/2006 9:36:28 PM)

The Book was pretty good!

Wolverine1988 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (25/6/2006 6:46:00 PM)

quote:

The Exorcism.....creepy!

Thanks. [;)]

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (26/6/2006 2:31:28 PM)

Updated with a few films I found when going back a few pages. [:)]

youandme -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (26/6/2006 5:40:53 PM)

Just came on to put Love in the Time of Oliver up...and its here!  Thanks James [:D]

Wolverine1988 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (28/6/2006 10:13:37 PM)

I've got to say that I really loved 'Just Gonna Leave?' and thought that 'Love In The Time Of Oliver' is totally sweet. [;)]

Jackie -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (1/7/2006 7:51:14 PM)

I just watched the new additions and really loved them all! I thought 'Just Gonna Leave?' was very funny and 'Love In The Time Of Oliver' was very sweet.

'The Book' is a cute little short, 'Lives: Episode 1' was maybe a little long for such a short concept and the 'Exorcism' trailer was fairly amusing! Good job on them all, though. As soon as I can figure out how to get YouTube to upload my short I'll post a link.

Jackie.

Gazz -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (2/7/2006 11:54:04 PM)

I made this in 3 days for our college promotional package. We were given 2 catagories which were Horror and Gangster. Only got round to storyboarding the first 30 seconds. The rest was straight off the bat. I'm particularly impressed with the way in which the last 15 seconds turned out. So this was pretty much my lone project and I loved every second of it. It's not fine art but it was damn fun to do and got me my A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkPgHGG1JPU

EDIT: Oh and youtube totally fucked up the sound and picture qaulity in the above trailer.

I also did a similiar Genre peice in the previous year called Dead Meat. It was all rough and I'm not that over keen on it any more as I've progressed mightily in the past 15 months. This took me little over a week and although the editing and sound say otherwise...again it was another sole project. All but me and the camera man turned up for the job. It's very ropey and riddled with errors but none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfmHvkuJLsg&mode=related&search

EDIT 2: And that is a real raw heart.

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (4/7/2006 9:18:37 PM)

Added Gazz. Good stuff. [:)]

Grandma Death -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 2:20:31 PM)

Great idea. I've got a music video that I directed, wrote etc. for the song 'Tiny Cities Made of Ashes' by Modest mouse. The youtube link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvpZyT3umXY

Any feedback very welcome!
Cheers James!

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 2:40:27 PM)

Added to the list Grandma Death [:)]

How did you recreate the lightning by the way? I saw a large light (2500?) how much did it cost? [:D]

GhostWriter -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 2:43:37 PM)

I'd like to add a couple of my movies but I don't know how to bring them down to an uploadable size, does anyone know how to do that?

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 2:46:29 PM)

Ghost, upload your films into Windows Movie Maker then go to file>save movie.

This will bring up a box asking you how you want to compress and save it. Just fiddle around with the options until they are at a reasonable size. Remember YouTube allow up to 100mb.

Can't wait to see them [:)]

kenada_woo -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 2:57:47 PM)

Yo, yo, yo.  Aint been on here as much as nowdays (something called "work" keeps getting in the way).  But anyways I'll post my Uni film on again cos its always good to get some feedback.

http://www.paultyree.co.uk/random_0001.wmv

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 3:15:09 PM)

Added Kenada [:)]

Grandma Death -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 3:39:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Added to the list Grandma Death [:)]

How did you recreate the lightning by the way? I saw a large light (2500?) how much did it cost? [:D]

I got someone else to take photos with a camera, causing the flash, it was a bloody big camera and thus a bloody big flash! Was kind of going for the whole OTT horror effect. I think it worked quite nicely!

GhostWriter -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 3:58:14 PM)

Ok so thanks to James I managed to upload a movie I made a couple of months back, it's called The Case. [:)]

Clicky

I've got a few more, they just need to be converted to .avi first.

James2183 -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 4:21:58 PM)

Added your GhostWriter. I rememeber you posting this a while back and really enjoying it. Loved the opening shot.

Kenada, just finishing downloading yours. [:)]

Castor Troy -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (12/7/2006 4:50:34 PM)

Here's a little something I knocked up today. I've put it as a main post as well.

CLICK

tim.porter -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (13/7/2006 9:19:45 AM)

Hey all,

Here's the link to my final uni film "Cole"

http://www.1982productions.com/Sandboxfiles/Cole.mov

Castor Troy -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (13/7/2006 1:52:33 PM)

The Sequel

GhostWriter -> RE: Empire Online Members Showcase (13/7/2006 6:50:36 PM)

Thought it would be a good idea to post the first movie I ever made at the tender age of 17, way way back at the turn of the century [:)]

It's called Walking After Midnight. Clicky

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI