Knight Rider (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Knight Rider (19/10/2005 1:30:58 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Timon -> RE: Knight Rider (9/5/2006 2:32:59 PM)

Latest news;

The Weinstein Co is set to give Glen A. Larson's hit early-mid 1980's TV series "Knight Rider" a big screen contemporary update. The studio has acquired the rights to the series, and Larson will write and exec produce the feature which aims to begin production next year reports Reuters.

"Knight" follows a cop who's been left to die and is nursed back to health by a mysterious millionaire. The moneyman also gives the cop a new face; a new name, Michael Knight; and crime-fighting gadgetry, including KITT, the car with artificial intelligence.

Larson has bandied about the project for years, previously developing it at Revolution Studios. One of the reasons for the long delay is Larson's determination to do a serious
adaptation rather than a comedic send-up which people have been pressuring him to do.

Yeah! A serious adaption! My greatest fear was that it would turn into a Herbie/Starksy and Hutch parody. Can't wait to see what they do and the new design of KITT.

Still plugging Hoff to star as the Head of Knight Industries. But who could star as the new "Michael"? James Marsden? Billy Crudup?

JIm R -> RE: Knight Rider (9/5/2006 3:13:59 PM)

I place 20 on Paul Walker (boo hiss !)

kumar -> RE: Knight Rider (9/5/2006 3:51:52 PM)

sean william scott will get his hands on this bitch. what an absolutely ridiculous idea.

although i would like to see the film, it will prbably go the way of dukes of hazardous waste because its so full of shit.

BasilFawlty -> RE: Knight Rider (19/5/2006 9:34:53 AM)

This will be pure cheese. But enjoyable cheese. Can't wait

allmine -> RE: Knight Rider (21/5/2006 11:22:15 AM)

hoff can still play Knight,

whats wrong with placing the film in the 80's with the black trans am again......

just a shame devon is still not here with us

acurrie -> (30/6/2006 2:18:55 AM)

If the studios are only interested in remakes, may I suggest 'Biker chicks bring hell to zombie town'

Timon -> RE: Knight Rider (31/8/2006 7:18:56 PM)

Amusing news from LatinoReview

Orlando Bloom has politely declined David Hasselhoff's request that he play his son in a Knight Rider film.
Apparently the pair recently crossed paths in Hollywood and the former Baywatch star took the opportunity to attempt to get Olrando Bloom on board, but without success.
Bloom tells Contact Music: "I was approached by David in Los Angeles. He'd heard I was a big fan of the old show and said, 'We're doing a movie version and I'd love you to play my son in it.' "I replied, 'Er, well, that sounds great but you'd need to speak to my manager about it.'
"I used to watch Knight Rider when I was eight but I didn't like it more than any other series. My favourites were THE FALL GUY and THE A-TEAM."

Peter A. Quinn -> RE: Knight Rider (1/9/2006 7:58:26 AM)

As much as I enjoyed the show when I was a wee bairn, I don't treasure it as I have other shows from my childhood. From memory, the show was quite formulaic (as was true of most of Glen A. Larson's shows) which is why Miami Vice was such a breath of fresh air when it came along. I think the show was definitely a product of its time, which has, unfortunately, passed. Cool car, though...

doobydoo -> RE: Knight Rider (4/9/2006 10:28:16 AM)

the last i heard this was gonna be a very tongue-in-cheek style remake like starsky and hutch - which i really enjoyed. not sure how it would work in a knight rider movie though????

Timon -> RE: Knight Rider (30/9/2006 10:44:55 AM)

Movie Poster!

..........for a film that has no script, cast or director.

Sutty -> RE: Knight Rider (30/9/2006 10:55:07 AM)

but they do have a car...

sanchia -> RE: Knight Rider (30/9/2006 1:43:03 PM)

I used to find the voice over on the opening credits set a tone and expectation for the series which it never achieved.

"Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the powerless, the helpless in a world of criminals who operate above the law. "

How cool did that sound and then it just turned out that he was helping some single mother widowed cafe owner with the local biker gang.

If the car in the poster is used they are going to need Turbo Boost just to get over speed bumps.  The ground clearance can only be about 2 inches.

Recoil -> RE: Knight Rider (30/9/2006 5:17:12 PM)

I like that they are taking this seriously, I used to watch the show every week, but it was the sort of film I wouldn't go out of my way to see if I was busy. It was definately an '80s show, though, and I'd like them to set it then if only to keep the classic Trans-Am.

I'm agreeing with Sanchia about the intro.

shadow50 -> Knight Rider 3000 (23/12/2007 5:20:19 PM)

I'm very exited that finally this movie will be coming out. This is going to be very cooL !!!! I can't wait.......

Hamsterwalt -> Knightmare (12/9/2008 8:54:21 PM)

This will be worse than beverly hills cop 3

Hobin Wan Kenobi -> this had better... (17/12/2008 11:50:24 AM)

be a fuckin comedy a la starsky and hutch or it will just be a big pile of wank!

Hamsterwalt -> Hassle the fucking Hoff (24/12/2008 8:02:05 PM)

No more crappy TV films this is gonna be crap

deschain -> Please don't let the Hoff near this one!!!! (11/7/2009 9:35:50 AM)

If Knight Rider is being made, it has to be a totally fresh cast, starting with the death of Michael Long and the birth of Michael Knight it should be a darker film than the T.V series was. Can see Nicholas Cage as Michael Knight?!!!!!

Gameboy1978 -> Shite Rider!! (1/6/2010 12:30:00 PM)

Can only hope it's better than the sad attemp for an excuse the remake of the series is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI