Alatriste (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

livila -> Alatriste (2/6/2006 7:02:28 PM)

Just thought I'd start a thread to a film I'm really looking forward to.
Surprised there's not one already, as it's been mentioned in Empire a couple of times.

Offical Site opened a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.alatristelapelicula.com/

20th Century Fox Trailer - In Spanish
http://www.fox.es/trailers/alatriste-11015/132/

Link to page with synoposis. It did have a trailer (with subtitles) - it seems to be gone now.
http://www.tf1international.com/fiche.php?Film=235

Appears to have no UK distribution or release date. It open in Spain in September and will be shown at the Toronto Film Festival. In US cinemas 22 December.

elab49 -> RE: Alatriste (2/6/2006 9:35:09 PM)

I'm still waiting for a half-decent Perez-Reverte adaptation. Everything except so far has been appalling, apart from the OK Fencing Master.

Maybe this will be the one? He is one of the best writers in the world today [:D]

Ti -> RE: Alatriste (8/6/2006 2:43:34 PM)

Have to say I'm really looking forward to this one! Viggo has been on a roll (at least for me) - all his movies since LOTR have been great! Yes, I love Hidalgo too!

livila -> RE: Alatriste (16/8/2006 5:49:54 AM)

The Alatriste publicity is hotting up in Spain in the month running up to it's release in September.
Some pictures from El Pais Semanal magazine are amazing  Click here
There are also a big bunch of Stills further down the page,

If nothing else this film looks fantastic. The costumes and imagery I've seen in the trailers look exceedingly good!
I haven't read the books, from what I've read they are combining elements from a few novels.

Funkyrae -> RE: Alatriste (16/8/2006 10:21:07 AM)

Dammit Liv!  You got there first [:D]

I'm an official Viggo stalker - yes there is a club, yes I'm leader of the British Society.

Anything with this man in will be bought and added to the Viggo shrine, personally I can't wait for it.  We'll see if it ever actually comes out over here or if it's a R1 purchase

livila -> RE: Alatriste (16/8/2006 10:12:04 PM)

Funkyrae - you kept that quiet.[:D] I posted a couple of Alatriste stills in Viggo's thread in Objects of Desire.
So, you'll be a bit happy he's shooting in London this Autumn.[:)]

Personally though this is my favourite still so far.[;)]
Click

smila darcy -> RE: Alatriste (21/8/2006 1:48:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Anything with this man in will be bought and added to the Viggo shrine, personally I can't wait for it.  We'll see if it ever actually comes out over here or if it's a R1 purchase

I think it will be released in the UK.  However, if not, in the New Year it should be available for purchase from any Spanish dvd site. 

Cuchulainn -> RE: Alatriste (21/8/2006 8:40:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: livila

Funkyrae - you kept that quiet.[:D] I posted a couple of Alatriste stills in Viggo's thread in Objects of Desire.
So, you'll be a bit happy he's shooting in London this Autumn.[:)]

Personally though this is my favourite still so far.[;)]
Click
Armoured dudes on horseback charging down a sea of lances...I'm there!Big fan of Mortensen myself.Looking forward to this...

Timon -> RE: Alatriste (30/12/2011 6:01:43 PM)

This arrived from LoveFilm today! However now it is known as the 'Spanish Musketeer'.

elab49 -> RE: Alatriste (30/12/2011 6:20:23 PM)

It was a fairly oddly delayed release - it came out on Aussie DVD years back, which is when I picked it up. I was surprised to see it in Fopp the other week. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI