RE: Today I completed... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Saltire -> RE: Today I completed... (4/11/2012 12:36:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Crysis 2. Good, solid shooter which looked utterly sublime. There were some good set pieces and the action was solid, but something was missing. Don't know what it was, but I just felt like it should have gripped me more than it did.

Also the fact you could easily finish the game running through on cloak (even on hard difficulty) spoiled it a bit for me.

From_Hell -> RE: Today I completed... (4/11/2012 4:37:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Crysis 2. Good, solid shooter which looked utterly sublime. There were some good set pieces and the action was solid, but something was missing. Don't know what it was, but I just felt like it should have gripped me more than it did.

Also the fact you could easily finish the game running through on cloak (even on hard difficulty) spoiled it a bit for me.

Yeah that too mate. It seemed to get easier as the game went on

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Today I completed... (6/11/2012 6:14:27 AM)

Halo 4 with a mate on co-op. I swear I saw a tear or two come from him towards the end [:D]

indysgill -> RE: Today I completed... (9/11/2012 8:57:34 PM)

Touch My Katamari on the Vita, not bad little game.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Today I completed... (18/11/2012 2:45:40 AM)

Assassins Creed 3. While I liked the storyline/game itself a lot more then most of the critics apparently, the ending again was bewildering and a real headscratcher, typical of the series I suppose. Now onto scouring the world for side quests and collectibles!

Chojin -> RE: Today I completed... (18/11/2012 2:50:46 AM)

technically I completed Marvel Ultimate Alliance on Hard - someone let me use their game save and complete the game. I don't feel I cheated the game at all.....i've already played through the game three times - what more do you want!?

DJ Satan -> RE: Today I completed... (18/11/2012 11:17:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

technically I completed Marvel Ultimate Alliance on Hard - someone let me use their game save and complete the game. I don't feel I cheated the game at all.....i've already played through the game three times - what more do you want!?

Pussy.

Flatulent_Bob -> RE: Today I completed... (18/11/2012 11:46:48 PM)

Finally completed Bioshock 2 on hard with vitas turned off.
Wanted to get it out of the way before I really got into Hitman and before Infinate arrives and it's been just sat on the shelf unplayed for over a year.

Still a top class game for me, although not as good as the original.
Would love an open world Bioshock game on next gen, the world is so engaging it would be awesome to truly investigate it.

Kumadori -> RE: Today I completed... (22/11/2012 11:44:07 AM)

Halo 4 solo campaign on Legendary :)

Saltire -> RE: Today I completed... (29/11/2012 7:27:10 PM)

Completed AC3 last week, but what a disappointing game.

On Quantum Conundrum and Arkham City now.

From_Hell -> RE: Today I completed... (3/12/2012 8:39:50 AM)

Saints Row The Third. I didn't really enjoy part 2 for some reason, but Part 3 was fantastic stuff, I really enjoyed every moment. There was good variety in the missions, the weapons were great fun, the cameo towards the end of the game was great, and alongside Portal 2, this is one of the few games that actually made me laugh. Can't wait for Part 4!

Saltire -> RE: Today I completed... (3/12/2012 9:18:30 AM)

Completed the main storyline of Arkham City, it really is as good as the orginal Asylum outing. Onto the DLC stuff now before I try NewGame+ and the challenges (which I'll inevitably be useless at!).

Chojin -> RE: Today I completed... (5/12/2012 7:37:30 AM)

Assassins Creed for the second time (first time was when the game was released)

I'm still not sure how this can become the major franchise it has today. This is the only game in the series i've played and it's a brilliant parkour simulator built around a crap game. Same three tasks in each assassination and the assassinations themselves take no skill - there's only ever one way to complete it as you're discovered afterwards anyway regardless of your route.

May as well John Rambo the lot.

But all I ever hear is how rubbish the first game is compared to the rest.......

the anomaly -> RE: Today I completed... (5/12/2012 11:57:40 PM)

quote:

I'm still not sure how this can become the major franchise it has today. This is the only game in the series i've played and it's a brilliant parkour simulator built around a crap game. Same three tasks in each assassination and the assassinations themselves take no skill - there's only ever one way to complete it as you're discovered afterwards anyway regardless of your route.

But all I ever hear is how rubbish the first game is compared to the rest.......

The following games keep adding the variety that this lacks.

More varied locations, more weapons, more techniques, more mission types, more customisation, a brother hood to control, multiplayer etc

I've enjoyed the series but I don't see the need to renew each year. I'm two games behind at the moment.

I guess like CoD it's got the formula down people enjoy it and they just keep tweaking it.

Saltire -> RE: Today I completed... (6/12/2012 1:38:27 AM)

AC2 is the pinnacle of the series, and the Ezio trilogy is pretty good, but AC3 was a disappointment for me.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Today I completed... (6/12/2012 11:53:01 AM)

Uncharted 3 and it was excellent, but not as good as number 2.

In other game related activity, I played five minutes of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and already feel like deleting it off my hard-drive.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Today I completed... (6/12/2012 12:00:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

The following games keep adding the variety that this lacks.

More varied locations, more weapons, more techniques, more mission types, more customisation, a brother hood to control, multiplayer etc

I've enjoyed the series but I don't see the need to renew each year. I'm two games behind at the moment.

I guess like CoD it's got the formula down people enjoy it and they just keep tweaking it.

Assassin's Creed 2 is such an improvement over the first game that it's hard to believe it's the same franchise.

I gave up on the first game after about 4 hours, it was just no fun to play, yet I ploughed a fuckload of time into the three chapters of AC2.

Having only just finished Revelations I'm in no rush to play the third game at the moment though.

Saltire -> RE: Today I completed... (8/12/2012 6:34:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

In other game related activity, I played five minutes of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and already feel like deleting it off my hard-drive.

Lol yeah I played through that twice but felt it wasn't very good. However I didn't stop there, no I got the second one too and it was even worse! I must be a masochist... [&:]

sharkboy -> RE: Today I completed... (18/12/2012 1:23:51 PM)

A bit late to the party perhaps, but yesterday I finished Alan Wake on hard.  I'd tried to get all the collectibles first run so I could just get through nightmare as quick as possible, but on ending it seems I've missed 5 manuscript pages and one each of the flasks, crates and TV and radio shows.  I'm hoping I can pick most of these up by running through Ep 1 again before starting the nightmare run!

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Today I completed... (18/12/2012 1:52:25 PM)

quote:

I didn't mind the first one. I only played about an hour of the 2nd one though before it bored me to tears and I gave up on it.

I completed my first run through of Witcher 2 yesterday and promptly started my second. A cracking game although I really wish I had a better idea what was going on plotwise. Once I'm done with the 2nd playthrough I reckon I'll give the first game a go. It's only $2.49 on gog at the moment.

Peter Griffin -> RE: Today I completed... (18/12/2012 2:01:51 PM)

quote:

I completed my first run through of Witcher 2 yesterday and promptly started my second. A cracking game although I really wish I had a better idea what was going on plotwise. Once I'm done with the 2nd playthrough I reckon I'll give the first game a go. It's only $2.49 on gog at the moment.

I knew you'd like it [:D]
I too got confused with what was going on, watched something on youtube & it was a little bit clearer, only a little mind.

DJ Satan -> RE: Today I completed... (19/12/2012 1:40:13 AM)

Finished Batman: Arkham City yesterday. I left such a long gap between starting and finishing it I'm surprised I had so little left to do. I still think its a pretty poor game. Will probably just finish up the side missions as I bought the GOTY edition but can't be bothered with the combat or riddled trophies.

indysgill -> RE: Today I completed... (19/12/2012 1:34:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

Lol yeah I played through that twice but felt it wasn't very good. However I didn't stop there, no I got the second one too and it was even worse! I must be a masochist... [&:]

Same here!

jcthefirst -> RE: Today I completed... (19/12/2012 3:37:06 PM)

quote:

As somebody said (in Brooksy's top 50 I believe), speeding horses?!?!?!

What was that all about? I can't make my horse gallop without being accused of being an assassin?

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Today I completed... (19/12/2012 4:46:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

What was that all about? I can't make my horse gallop without being accused of being an assassin?

I think that was me. It was my major bugbear with the first game (apart from the lack of mission variety).

What the fuck were they thinking?

sharkboy -> RE: Today I completed... (20/12/2012 10:23:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

The whole speeding horse thing really pissed me off at first, but after a while I just thought fuck it and kept speeding away from the enemies.

Given that Ubisoft had set up AC to be their big cash cow, I reckon sequels were inevitable regardless of the performance of the first game.  Which, while being deeply flawed and quite limited in its scope, did offer something relatively new to gamers in terms of plot, setting and the ability to freerun around 12th century Jerusalem [:D]  Plus, it looked superb.  I can see how some gamers were let down, especially considering the pre-release hype, but I still enjoyed it despite its shortcomings.

In fact, I have loved all the AC games so far (still to play III, but I'm reliably informed that Santa will be correcting that), with the only real disappointment for me in terms of their evolution being the inclusion of multiplayer.  Not that its been done badly (I'm reliably informed that the MP game is great fun), but that I just don't like MP games, so I've not managed to get the 1000gp since ACII [:(].  But the introduction of apprentice assassins in Brotherhood and the bomb crafting and den defence elements in Revelations were all positive steps forward in the franchise.

the anomaly -> RE: Today I completed... (26/12/2012 3:44:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Finished Batman: Arkham City yesterday. I left such a long gap between starting and finishing it I'm surprised I had so little left to do. I still think its a pretty poor game. Will probably just finish up the side missions as I bought the GOTY edition but can't be bothered with the combat or riddled trophies.

Do tell ... [:D]

indysgill -> RE: Today I completed... (31/12/2012 4:22:26 PM)

The Amazing Spider-Man 100%.

Chojin -> RE: Today I completed... (5/1/2013 8:04:22 AM)

Prince of Persia - TFS.

Personally I much preferred the cell shaded effort a few years previous. It just seemed to be a lot more fluid. For example when leaping to a pillar you now have to turn on yourself to face the next pillar whereas POP 2008 would automatically flip you. It's just one of the reasons the experience is slowed down and doesn't feel as natural as it did.

But it was a fun enough <10 hour game.

sharkboy -> RE: Today I completed... (8/1/2013 11:43:14 AM)

I finished the Lego LOTR storyline yesterday, and very enjoyable it was.  Just the usual Lego mopping-up exercise to do now to get all the minikits and red/mithril bricks and I'll have another 1000gp [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  51 52 [53] 54 55   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI