Astonishing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

bigollytg -> Astonishing (5/2/2011 3:47:50 PM)

The perfect movie is never going to be be made but this sure as hell comes close to being it.

bigollytg -> Astonishing (5/2/2011 3:47:51 PM)

The perfect movie is never going to be be made but this sure as hell comes close to being it.

dinsy77 -> (7/2/2011 10:10:47 AM)

I like the gay men when they try to fuck the main character!! yum yum :P

blaud -> Perfect (15/2/2011 10:54:25 PM)

The Shawshank Redemption is a perfectly woven, superbly performed, and flawlessly shot cinematic masterpiece that is sure to never be forgotten. Along with Darabont's other prison outing, The Green Mile, he has crafted a pair of subtly affecting dramas with real heart. Shawshank, however takes the prize. Phenomenal stuff.

carpen7er -> Funny (28/4/2011 4:17:20 PM)

It is. How can this movie be consider one of the best movies ever made ? Well, if Avatar is, why not this one ? To see this film in the same spot where The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Blade Runner stand is a joke ! I call this movie a mellow bad ripoff of Escape from Alcatraz. The leading cast is the best thing here, but that does´nt mean that Tim Robbins isn´t mediocre. But, justice is a thing that doesn´t exist in the movies world. A Lord of the Rings film won the Oscar for best picture, Goodfellas didn´t !

antosh25 -> Shawshank (6/12/2011 11:21:43 AM)

Cruel, Beautiful,dark, cold and triumpfant.
The perfect film.

jonson -> RE: Shawshank (28/6/2012 4:33:47 PM)

Today is the day Andy Dufresne would have been released. If only he'd waited.........[:D]

gayindian -> Erotic prison drama at its worst. (27/7/2012 2:42:49 PM)

Okay, first things first Adam Sandler is perfect as Red. I mean you wouldn't think that skinny white man would look so much like Nelson Mandela. Meryl Streep has a heart rendering performance as Andy Du... De... Dufrne? Whatever. The film based on Stephanie Meyers twilight saga novels doesnt live up to the books, I mean where are the vampires?! where are the werewolves?! where is RPATZ?! I thought the beautiful rape scene between bender from futurama and meryl streep was quite horny but tragic at the same time. Anyway coulda been better.

movienut707 -> "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." (18/1/2013 1:50:50 AM)

An affecting and heartfelt drama, The Shawshank Redemption remains one of the greatest films of the 1990's, and a fascinating debut by director Frank Darabont. A feel-good prison movie is a rare breed, and this is just that, yet so much more... this is life affirming.

Mr Gittes -> One of the absolute treasures of cinema (7/6/2013 10:52:53 PM)

A brilliant adaptation of a great story from the master Stephen King, with incredible performances all around, The Shawshank Redemption is one of those movies that is perfect in every way and truly deserves its five stars.

BennyBoo81 -> All Shawshanked out! (29/3/2014 11:46:28 AM)

I've taken quite some time in perfecting an actual review for this film...and I'm sorry to say I still haven't got passed - It's brilliant. There, you don't need me to say anything else...

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.222656E-02