The Irish Thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

Joe -> The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:44:58 AM)

Can't believe there isn't one already!

So to get the ball rolling; the rugby tomorrow; Leinster or Munster?

Being a Corkman, my answer's obvious [:D]
I'm not that big into it though, but everyone seems gripped by this match...

dark crystal -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:47:11 AM)

As a Waterford gal, I'm with you on that one  [;)]

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:48:39 AM)

I used to live in Waterford actually, in the city.

Million Dollar Bill -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 2:30:28 AM)

As a Galway boy, I'm with you guys too [;)]

Comrade Zutroy -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 3:28:07 AM)

Fup you three.  Being a Dub, I'm going with Leinster.

darkcloud -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 9:25:45 AM)

There used to be one.

Come to think of it, that might've been on the old forum.

So...Yay!

Livvie -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 10:23:48 AM)

As a Galway girl I'm more worried about the Galway/Kerry match today but I'm gonna leave aside the animosity for Kerry and hope that Munster win the rugby!!

aldaboss -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 10:29:25 AM)

Ya we had one on the old forum called Irish Banter.
Im from Clare/Limerick,right on the boarder so i get the best of both worlds....ha.
I go to college in Cork but right now I am in Dublin chillin.

aldaboss -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 10:29:48 AM)

Oh and......COME ON MUNSTERRRRRRRRRRR

Funkyrae -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 11:29:18 AM)

There is a rugby thread.

We're from Athlone [:D]

furrybastard -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 12:05:14 PM)

I'm not from Dublin, so whoever is against Leinster has my vote [:D]

Yeah there was an old thread on the forum. Twas called irish Banter and eventually became a football thread, oddly.

Might as well talk about something really Irish. What are your favourite pubs where you're from? [:)]

Mr E -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 12:15:00 PM)

[image]http://www.calnative.com/stories/n_leprechaun2.jpg[/image]

'Helloo there me laddies!'

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:10:30 PM)

In Cork city it'd be An Brog, The Quad orf The Franciscan Well.

Of course the old college bar in UCC has it's appeal too!

furrybastard -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:15:00 PM)

The Bróg has lost it a bit over the years. Up to about six months ago it was still a good place to go if you were really drunk and wanted to go a bit mad but the last few times I was in there, there was a whole new crowd of people that you'd expect to find in more, shall we say, upmarket establishments.

The Well is always good. Bloody Beer Fest, eh!? [&:][&:][:D]

krudler -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 1:41:38 PM)

im from limerick and dont like rugby,dont dislike it just never got into it,you say that to people in this town and they look at you like a second head has just sprouted out of your shoulders and started singing to them,many a time ive been called a fag for not liking the sport,but hey if munster win then therell be rioting on the streets tonight so ill have a good view out my apartment window for all the fights and arrests

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 2:03:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

The Bróg has lost it a bit over the years. Up to about six months ago it was still a good place to go if you were really drunk and wanted to go a bit mad but the last few times I was in there, there was a whole new crowd of people that you'd expect to find in more, shall we say, upmarket establishments.

Couldn't agree more, that's why I've gone to the Quad lately, Thursdays can be good for a laugh.

Went ot the Well beer fest last Sunday, great craic but so hard to get in..

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 2:07:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

im from limerick and dont like rugby,dont dislike it just never got into it,you say that to people in this town and they look at you like a second head has just sprouted out of your shoulders and started singing to them,many a time ive been called a fag for not liking the sport,but hey if munster win then therell be rioting on the streets tonight so ill have a good view out my apartment window for all the fights and arrests

Lived in Limerick for a bit too (I get around!) and I know exactly what you mean. I have a passing interest in rugby, I'll watch it occasionally, but not that into it, but in Limerick you're a 2nd class citizen if you don't like it!

Did you see the lord mayor of limerick pleading with Munster fans to come home tonight after the game for the census?!

furrybastard -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 2:16:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

quote:

Couldn't agree more, that's why I've gone to the Quad lately, Thursdays can be good for a laugh.

Went ot the Well beer fest last Sunday, great craic but so hard to get in..

Ah see, that's why I went in at 4 in the afternoon! [sm=happy13.gif]

It's a great place to go for an afternoon pint. Really liked what they did with the upstairs part too.

Quad's cool as well. As is The Oval but that's usually fairly packed.

aldaboss -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 2:49:51 PM)

The brog is alright.
And freakscene has moved again which is annoying. Its a pile of shite but its nice to go from loads gays to some rock music.

Indio -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 3:36:41 PM)

I was born here but my folks are from Ireland, so I'll go with

[image]http://members.tripod.com/~Scott_Michaud/images/cavan-detail.gif[/image]

and

[image]http://www.irishpropertymoves.ie/offaly/offaly7/OFFALY7H.jpg[/image]

and the man himself

[image]http://www.sportsicons.co.uk/catalog/images/11738.JPG[/image]

furrybastard -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 4:02:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aldaboss

The brog is alright.
And freakscene has moved again which is annoying. Its a pile of shite but its nice to go from loads gays to some rock music.

It was terrible in Club One though. Like being drunk inside a giant, purple bruise. I much prefer The Works, even though it'll never be as good as Dirty last year [:D] 
It can be a decent night out - I go every couple of weeks so it doesn't get boring.

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 4:04:00 PM)

Freakscene has gone downhill since it left the Savoy, but still has its moments. I was at the opening night in its new venue which was great craic but now it's full of 1st years. Or am I getting too old for this shit?![:D]

Yeah upstairs in the Well was nice, I was there too! The Oval's nice but a bit pricey...

So those of you in Cork, what do ye do? I'm final year UCC myself, English and History. Hope to do the film masters next year

Joe -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 4:05:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aldaboss

The brog is alright.

It was terrible in Club One though. Like being drunk inside a giant, purple bruise. I much prefer The Works, even though it'll never be as good as Dirty last year [:D] 
It can be a decent night out - I go every couple of weeks so it doesn't get boring.

Yeah I used to love Dirty too! Damn it furry are you my shadow?![sm=happy07.gif]

aldaboss -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 4:44:00 PM)

Im there every weekend.Thats how sad I am. I normally go to instinct for an hour then to freakscene. Nothing like a free lolli. Im in st johns to film and tv production.

tommyjarvis -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 5:25:38 PM)

I know I started the Scottish thread but I'm also half-Irish so I thought I'd stop by and say hi. Top o' the evening to yis!

nomimalone -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 6:33:39 PM)

Hello. I am Irish (from up north, Co. Derry) and even though I've lived in Scotland for 12 years I'll always be Irish. In fact I'm considering moving back over to the green green grass of home in the next year or two, depends on what happens with work.

Livvie -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 7:54:07 PM)

Fantastic Rugby game - a deserving victory for the boys in Red - did ye see Lansdowne - it seemed the entire crowd were wearing the Munster colours!

However I'm not even going to talk about the Galway game (*hangs head in shame*)

furrybastard -> RE: The Irish Thread! (23/4/2006 9:37:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

Freakscene has gone downhill since it left the Savoy, but still has its moments. I was at the opening night in its new venue which was great craic but now it's full of 1st years. Or am I getting too old for this shit?![:D]

Oh its been going downhills since Sir Henry's! [:D]

There are a lot of first years alright. And none of them seem all that drunk. This generation, it worries me so it does.

quote:

Yeah I used to love Dirty too! Damn it furry are you my shadow?!

Maybe you're my shadow [&:]
Dirty was actually kind of shit too but it was a fun kind of shit. And is it me or has Freakscene become incredibly smoky of late?! I also don't like these emo kids. They offend me with their low pants and ridiculous hair styles.

I didn't watch the match but town seemed fairly busy alright. Nice weather and all! [:D]

EDIT: Reading over this post, I think I'm too old for this shit as well.

aldaboss -> RE: The Irish Thread! (24/4/2006 2:18:30 AM)

GRRRRR EMO KIDS.
Actually...i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itsself...theres a thought.

MOTH -> RE: The Irish Thread! (24/4/2006 9:35:06 AM)

Fermanagh man myself, although currently working in Co. Derry. Looking forward to the football and hurling championships starting soon - nothing like the thud of a football or clash of the ash on a balmy summer's evening to bring out the Irishman in me. Might even start a thread in 'Grandstand' for the duration...
Fear Manach Abu!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI