RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 10:00:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanielFullard

I just got Rt and you dont get Howards End free.......you have to buy another DVD through one of th adverts in the mag and you get it free that way

YOu can't have read the whole thing? You CAN get it free. It mentions that at the top and gives you details at the bottom. They couldn't use the advertising they have and not do that - it is illegal and they could be fined (not that I haven't reported them to ASA before and got them warned!).

Go to the form at the bottom and choose Free DVD only - you still have to pay P&P though. Might be cheaper to see if someone is selling their free copy from the papers on Ebay.

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 10:07:53 AM)

Ok. Sorry I must have misread

great_badir -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 1:33:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

But Donnie went dirt cheap before the director's cut came out - and I don't think this is it? So given you could pick it  up for about 3.50, it must be one of the most widely owned already.

Unless it WAS the new version?

According to the Times website, it is indeed the director's cut.

It almost definitely will not have the extras, though.

BobaJango -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 4:10:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

But Donnie went dirt cheap before the director's cut came out - and I don't think this is it? So given you could pick it  up for about 3.50, it must be one of the most widely owned already.

I already have the regular edition but seeing as i get The Sunday Times anyway, i get to see the director's cut version as well!

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 4:29:01 PM)

Well worth seeing Boba - unlike many, it genuinely adds to the film.

Daily Record Saturday - Taggart (again!)

Saturday Mirror/Sunday Mirror - Thaw double bill (Morse and Kavanagh I think) with DVD offers through the week, like the Mail.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (18/2/2006 6:10:19 PM)

News Of The World tomorrow. John Cleese in CLOCKWISE. What a perfect double bill with Donnie Darko from the Sunday Times.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (18/2/2006 6:42:42 PM)

Guardian next Saturday - Wicker Man!

Zaphod121 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (18/2/2006 10:27:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

But Donnie went dirt cheap before the director's cut came out - and I don't think this is it? So given you could pick it up for about 3.50, it must be one of the most widely owned already.

I already have the regular edition but seeing as i get The Sunday Times anyway, i get to see the director's cut version as well!

Hmmm, the sunday times eh, I'm gonna have to check this out

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/2/2006 11:28:30 AM)

Those of you concerned that it wasn't the Director's Cut of Donnie Darko that the Sunday Times were giving away, I have it here and it certainly is.

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/2/2006 11:54:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrenster

News Of The World tomorrow. John Cleese in CLOCKWISE. What a perfect double bill with Donnie Darko from the Sunday Times.

I have this on DVd anyway but its a very fun Comedy. The closest Cleese every came to being Basil Fawlty outside of the TV show

A great farcial comedy

Zaphod121 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/2/2006 3:20:28 PM)

Just got Donnie Darko DC free with sunday times

whomas -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/2/2006 4:56:21 PM)

i think it would have been much better if they put the origional cut of the movie in it is so much better this version sems to have too much infomation feed to the audience and makes the film less easy to understand.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/2/2006 5:10:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: whomas

i think it would have been much better if they put the origional cut of the movie in it is so much better this version sems to have too much infomation feed to the audience and makes the film less easy to understand.

my bro already has the original, so I was quite pleased when it was the DC

torlporl -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (20/2/2006 11:34:33 AM)

According to an ad on this very site- Wicker Man in Saturday's Guardian! BO!

pettsy -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (21/2/2006 9:02:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: whomas

my bro already has the original, so I was quite pleased when it was the DC

Same here zaphod, I have the original so always resisted getting the DC, but i'm not gonna argue with a free one!

frankie -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/2/2006 10:06:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: torlporl

Excellent. Still never seen this, so will definitely be buying.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (24/2/2006 9:38:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: torlporl

And, indeed, the post a few above you [;)]

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (25/2/2006 5:52:31 PM)

The Mail on Sunday has ZULU DAWN free tomorrow.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (2/3/2006 9:28:15 PM)

I got the wicker man free with the guardian, last sat, have yet to watch it

Mason Verger -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (4/3/2006 12:00:13 PM)

"Maybe Baby" free with tomorrows "Mail On Sunday"

[:)]

cambouk -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/3/2006 6:40:56 PM)

did anyone take up the offer and get the FIST OF FURY DVD, brilliant film!

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (6/3/2006 4:59:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cambouk

did anyone take up the offer and get the FIST OF FURY DVD, brilliant film!

What offer? Where?

Leomuse -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (6/3/2006 4:43:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

"Maybe Baby" free with tomorrows "Mail On Sunday"

[:)]

One of the worst films I've ever seen. Diabolically bad.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (8/3/2006 4:09:16 PM)

Inside this Sunday's Sunday Times is Richard E.Grant in How to Get Ahead in Advertising

Leomuse -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (8/3/2006 4:45:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wrenster

Inside this Sunday's Sunday Times is Richard E.Grant in How to Get Ahead in Advertising

The plot for this is intriguing. The film's entry in the Criterion collection has also peaked my interest.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (8/3/2006 5:48:28 PM)

Saturday's Telegraph has INTERMEZZO with Ingrid Bergman, while the Sunday Telegraph has Sam Peckenpah's JUNIOR BONNER starring Steve McQueen.

dgl_thrawn -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/3/2006 1:10:01 PM)

Which Intermezzo is it? 1936 Swedish version or 1939 with Leslie Howard?

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/3/2006 3:02:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dgl_thrawn

Which Intermezzo is it? 1936 Swedish version or 1939 with Leslie Howard?

It's the 1939 version with Leslie Howard.

dgl_thrawn -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/3/2006 3:12:42 PM)

Oh, well. I've already got that one.

Indio -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/3/2006 11:27:11 PM)

The Sun is doing another one of its promotions where you get a free dvd when you buy it in Forbuoys, Martins or McColls next week. Among the 'classics' are On The Buses, Steptoe And Son, and Are You Being Served? (they're all movie versions). Thats just from Monday until Wednesday, so who knows what treats they have in store for the rest of the week?

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI